HP Doomsday vs Death Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
No BFR

Who wins

carver9
Good fight.

Galan007
Sentry, imo.

He's at least on par with H/P DD from a physical standpoint, obviously much faster, and from what we've seen thus far, impervious to physical harm.

krisblaze
^Is it physicality or is it TK?

I got the feeling that Remender was running with psychic powers as opposed to Sentry just being strong.

Galan007
Dunno. I don't think the TK thing was stated, but it would make sense.

Either way, he's strong AF.

carver9
Didn't he punch Thor so hard that the planet shook? Seems more like strength to me.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I don't think that Sentry can harm DD physically, on the other hand I see HP DD ripping Sentry apart. It depends if he could evolve fast enough to find a way to end the Sentry, else we have an eternal stalemate.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
Didn't he punch Thor so hard that the planet shook? Seems more like strength to me.

Yeah it was Tyconria, a planet with 19 billion inhabitants.

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Yeah it was Tyconria, a planet with 19 billion inhabitants.

thumb up

Appeared he was holding back when he did it as well. Sentry wins.

One_Angry_Scot
thumb up

This is true, as his plan at that point was to subdue Thor and not to kill him. Because he was needed in Sentry's plan (although I always wonder what that was).

krisblaze
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I don't think that Sentry can harm DD physically, on the other hand I see HP DD ripping Sentry apart. It depends if he could evolve fast enough to find a way to end the Sentry, else we have an eternal stalemate.

I'm sure that DD could evolve into a giant worm at some point.

celeyhyga17
Dun remember if the planet shook, but he did rock the hell outta him. The impact was felt all around the world or something to that effect.

Yeah i guess maybe it did shake. shrug

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by krisblaze
I'm sure that DD could evolve into a giant worm at some point.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4C9A5E-SbJg/Uz1EtnQ-AdI/AAAAAAAAdBk/hvjSfhFRNzA/s1600/ac%2B30-13.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Dun remember if the planet shook, but he did rock the hell outta him. The impact was felt all around the world or something to that effect.

Yeah i guess maybe it did shake. shrug

You're right...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111132618/3462395-3198253-3.jpg

Extremely hard punch.

Time Immemorial
thumb up

No its more then likely a stalemate.

Branlor Swift
Sentry should win pretty handily.

But I hope we get more of him since it's hard to pin him down. He can easily beat Thor and he's as strong as every hero on Earth. Where the **** do you go from there?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

But I hope we get more of him since it's hard to pin him down. He can easily beat Thor and he's as strong as every hero on Earth. Where the **** do you go from there?

Well, he's not as strong as Huk.

Branlor Swift
I don't know what your aim is here so I'm going to eat some pizza while it gets sorted.

Galan007
Originally posted by krisblaze
Well, he's not as strong as Huk. You're right. He's stronger. thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Sentry is beast mode, but DD is the original beast, I guess it depends on how much damage and how quick DD can adapt to Sentry.

Galan007
Well, DD has never adapted beyond death by physical means--and Sentry is, in all likelihood, the most physically powerful character that he has ever faced. Additionally, DD has also never encountered the specific type of energy that powers Sentry and his blasts(obviously)--which means that Sentry might be able to injure him with said blasts initially... And this is all secondary to Sentry's massive speed and regen advantages.

So yeah, the odds heavily favor Sentry, imo.

quanchi112
Sentry crushes him.

Tony Stark
DSENTRY wins *SPITE*

bbrem123
Originally posted by Galan007
Well, DD has never adapted beyond death by physical means--and Sentry is, in all likelihood, the most physically powerful character that he has ever faced. Additionally, DD has also never encountered the specific type of energy that powers Sentry and his blasts(obviously)--which means that Sentry might be able to injure him with said blasts initially... And this is all secondary to Sentry's massive speed and regen advantages.

So yeah, the odds heavily favor Sentry, imo. spot on thumb up

carver9
Good post Galan, with that said, Sentry breaks him for the high majority...probably a sweep.

h1a8
Originally posted by Galan007
Sentry, imo.

He's at least on par with H/P DD from a physical standpoint, obviously much faster, and from what we've seen thus far, impervious to physical harm. I disagree with Sentry being faster. But this might be a stalemate since DD would simply heal or adapt to any attack made by Sentry. DD never adapted to be completely impervious to physical harm but he adapts to be more resistant to it. In other words, the fight will get harder and then it will become impossible. And it seems Sentry might be impervious to physical harm as well. But there is a wildcard here that's worth exploring. It's DD adaptive abilities. For example, he went from not being able to harm the Radiant to being able to kill it. It's possible that after a decent length of fight that DD is able to permanently kill or at least ko momentarily Sentry. But I'm not claiming that. So I'll say at least a stalemate for DD with him dominating the fight throughout.

carver9
You might want to look at ALL of Doomsday showings against the Radiant. Think you were either misinformed or someone left out some scans for you.

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8
So I'll say at least a stalemate for DD with him dominating the fight throughout.

Now its official. Sentry for the clean sweep.

h1a8
You might want to look at ALL of Doomsday showings against the Radiant. Think you were either misinformed or someone left out some scans for you. in their first fight DD couldn't even touch or causate Radiant. In their 2nd fight, DD couldn't causate Radiant until he evolved mid battle. He evolved a particular energy aura that allowed him to cancel out Radiant, making him causate with him.

h1a8
Originally posted by tkitna
Now its official. Sentry for the clean sweep. Actually it's impossible for Sentry to win. As DD can heal instantly, assuming that Sentry can damage him any. DD could possibly evolve an ability or energy to permanently put Sentry down. Or just shred Sentry to pieces and keep him shredded for the time necessary to constitute a win.

carver9
in their first fight DD couldn't even touch or causate Radiant. In their 2nd fight, DD couldn't causate Radiant until he evolved mid battle. He evolved a particular energy aura that allowed him to cancel out Radiant, making him causate with him.

His first fight against Radiant, Doomsday got stomped... His body was recovered and they had to do something (don't know what it was) to keep his soul from leaving his body. I honestly think he died. His second fight, he didn't adapt during the fight, he adapted before even fighting Radiant (adapted from their first fight). Soooooooo, using radiant didn't help your argument.

h1a8
His first fight against Radiant, Doomsday got stomped... His body was recovered and they had to do something (don't know what it was) to keep his soul from leaving his body. I honestly think he died. His second fight, he didn't adapt during the fight, he adapted before even fighting Radiant (adapted from their first fight). Soooooooo, using radiant didn't help your argument. carver please reread the story. DD evolved in the battle. Look at the first scenes where they started fighting. All of a sudden DD gained a dark aura to be able to causate with Radiant and cancel him out.

The first DD Radiant fought couldn't evolve until after death. HP DD now can.

Anyway let's not derail the thread on moot points. The fact is Sentry can't beat DD here. DD would heal instantly (assuming that Sentry could damage him). DD would also become more resistant, if not immune, to whatever Sentry throws at him.

It is possible for DD to win though. After a lengthy amount of time DD can evolve an ability to prevent Sentry from healing. This is assuming that keeping Sentry's body in pieces for 10 seconds don't constitute a win.

Prof. T.C McAbe
carver please reread the story. DD evolved in the battle. Look at the first scenes where they started fighting. All of a sudden DD gained a dark aura to be able to causate with Radiant and cancel him out.

Anyway let's not derail the thread on moot points. The fact is Sentry can't beat DD here. DD would heal instantly (assuming that Sentry could damage him). DD would also become more resistant, if not immune, to whatever Sentry throws at him.

It is possible for DD to win though. After a lengthy amount of time DD can evolve an ability to prevent Sentry from healing. This is assuming that keeping Sentry's body in pieces for 10 seconds don't constitute a win.

thumb up

carver9
carver please reread the story. DD evolved in the battle. Look at the first scenes where they started fighting. All of a sudden DD gained a dark aura to be able to causate with Radiant and cancel him out.

Show me this blue energy that surrounded his body when he jumped out of the attack.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/1-5.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/2-3.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/3-3.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/4-2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/5-2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/6-2.jpg

Where was it said that he adapted to Radiant DURING the fight?

tkitna
The fact is Sentry can't beat DD here. DD would heal instantly (assuming that Sentry could damage him).

So DD is immune to being torn apart from the molecular level? Also, how in the hell is DD going to put Sentry down?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.