Earths Mightiest Superhero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
" The mightiest superhero "
A superhero I feel is what every human should be to fight what is right and give it all for freedom, justice and protect family and friends and never give up.

1.Who do you consider as DC Earths mightiest superhero ?

2.Who do you consider as Marvel Earths mightiest superhero?

Mindset
Kyle.

Doom.

Time Immemorial
Superman
Sentry

carver9
Superman

Captain America

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9
Superman

Captain America

Cap is a symbol in marvel America or does it spread throughout the whole marvel Earth like Superman on DC Earth?

carver9
Originally posted by Supermex
Cap is a symbol in marvel America or does it spread throughout the whole marvel Earth like Superman on DC Earth?

It spreads throughout. Everyone knows of Cap.

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9
It spreads throughout. Everyone knows of Cap.

But if M.E is like our Earth.. Then Cap is probably hated in parts of the world.

ODG
But if M.E is like our Earth.. Then Cap is probably hated in parts of the world. Avengers and Captain America: Winter Soldier wouldn't have been so popular around the world then. I think people get that Captain America is from WWII. And people throughout the world respect America's greatest generation.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman
Sentry

riv6672
Superman and Captain America, easily.

Originally posted by ODG
...I think people get that Captain America is from WWII. And people throughout the world respect America's greatest generation.
Well put.

Warrior Madness
Superman
Spider-Man

Stoic
DC
1. Superman for sure, he's always been the flagship of DC, which should probably change to mix things up a bit.

Marvel
2. Not sure. Steve is no longer Captain America, and Sam just doesn't have his charisma. I'd like to see Blue Marvel, Thor (female), or even Hyperion take on the mantle that once belonged to Steve. This of course may never happen, because Tony is trying his best to take the spotlight in the grimiest of ways.

Khazra Reborn
Superman.
Thor.

riv6672
This is too story dependent.
We all know Cap's going to be Cap again (same with Thor), and we usually just discuss characters in the classic sense.
Just say Cap...wink

Prof. T.C McAbe
But if M.E is like our Earth.. Then Cap is probably hated in parts of the world.

He isn't really well known or popular, most people don't know him or if they saw the movie think of him as kind of cheesy or even lame, the second movie improved it but the favorite Hero would be IronMan. But not even through the avenger Movies has one of those heroes become as known and popular as Superman, Batman or from Marvel Spiderman.

Though I don't believe people hate CA because they hate the USA. Most make a difference between a Movie and a fictional character.

riv6672
Is the OP talking about RL or in universe? Pretty sure its the latter but, the two seem to be getting jumbled up.

One_Angry_Scot
1. Superman.

2. At one point Sentry would have been the greatest hero in Marvel, recognized over the world much like Superman.

http://i.imgur.com/ln9dpw4.jpg

But now for Marvel there isn't really a Captain America type character like Steve Rogers who can stand tall among others.

Sin I AM
Senty does not qualify. Even with the retcon he seemed forced. It boils down SM and Cap. Everyone else is a far second

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Senty does not qualify. Even with the retcon he seemed forced. It boils down SM and Cap. Everyone else is a far second

He wasn't ever retconned.

What do you mean by forced?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He wasn't ever retconned.

What do you mean by forced?

Sentry came out early 2000s right? He was retconned into marvel history and a story was created about his disappearance. And by forced i mean just that, marvel attempted to create another pseudo superman.

One_Angry_Scot
Sentry came out early 2000s right? He was retconned into marvel history and a story was created about his disappearance. And by forced i mean just that, marvel attempted to create another pseudo superman.

Sentry is based on Miracleman, he's nothing to do with Superman in any way shape or form.

It was the year 2000 exactly that he was released. September to be exact.

Supermex
Not talking about real life.

Talking about the heroes, the people of Marvel Earth... How they see it.

Sin I AM
Originally yes. But became pseudo superman later but that's subjective. He still fits the archetype. My problem with sentry is the way marvel tried to "make" us love him by creating a backstory that was insulting. Think about it, reed ricards best friend (phuck ben), the only guy who could calm hulk (betty who?), rogues love interest (poor gambit), helps angel get over his fear of falling (some professor charles is), etc. He's like the best person in the MU but he's a relatively new character. Id rather they do a soft retcon like with blue marvel or jessica Jones than the mockery of sentry

One_Angry_Scot
Originally yes. But became pseudo superman later but that's subjective. He still fits the archetype. My problem with sentry is the way marvel tried to "make" us love him by creating a backstory that was insulting. Think about it, reed ricards best friend (phuck ben), the only guy who could calm hulk (betty who?), rogues love interest (poor gambit), helps angel get over his fear of falling (some professor charles is), etc. He's like the best person in the MU but he's a relatively new character. Id rather they do a soft retcon like with blue marvel or jessica Jones than the mockery of sentry

I don't think Marvel tried to make people love him, I like him as a character for personal reasons (not for what Marvel wrote for his history in Marvel lore).

I see it as a tragic story. He was the greatest hero there was. But ultimately the world had to be rid of him because of the Void. Obviously the mind wipe didn't work because he saw Scout in the restaurant and asked for a Chilli Dog (as he remembered something from when he and Billy were both superheroes).

I mean that's how I see it anyway. I don't think he ever was stated to be the only person who could calm Hulk. I just imagine that Sentry pretty much can always do it. As we find out in Sentry Vol 1 and 2 Hulk adores the Sentry. Hulk turns into a baby around him and follows his every order. It doesn't do Gambit a disservice either. It's just saying that the only person who could touch Rogue as Sentry. Which to me isn't a huge problem.

I don't see why you think that they disregarded other characters with Sentry when the whole point of his story is that he was supposedly the greatest hero. I'll just agree to disagree.

Only thing I will say is that I still don't see where he became a pseudo Superman.

Sin I AM
The backstory is condescending. It places every hero in marvel earth as a supporting cast to sentrys awesomeness. It takes away from preestablished relationships and years of continuity to force a character upon us. I hate continuity retcons. Because it insults the reader and doesn't fix the problem. It's insulting. Sentrys not part of the silver age but we're gonna make him cause we're lazy.

carver9
I don't think Marvel tried to make people love him, I like him as a character for personal reasons (not for what Marvel wrote for his history in Marvel lore).

I see it as a tragic story. He was the greatest hero there was. But ultimately the world had to be rid of him because of the Void. Obviously the mind wipe didn't work because he saw Scout in the restaurant and asked for a Chilli Dog (as he remembered something from when he and Billy were both superheroes).

I mean that's how I see it anyway. I don't think he ever was stated to be the only person who could calm Hulk. I just imagine that Sentry pretty much can always do it. As we find out in Sentry Vol 1 and 2 Hulk adores the Sentry. Hulk turns into a baby around him and follows his every order. It doesn't do Gambit a disservice either. It's just saying that the only person who could touch Rogue as Sentry. Which to me isn't a huge problem.

I don't see why you think that they disregarded other characters with Sentry when the whole point of his story is that he was supposedly the greatest hero. I'll just agree to disagree.

Only thing I will say is that I still don't see where he became a pseudo Superman.

thumb up

One_Angry_Scot
The backstory is condescending. It places every hero in marvel earth as a supporting cast to sentrys awesomeness. It takes away from preestablished relationships and years of continuity to force a character upon us. I hate continuity retcons. Because it insults the reader and doesn't fix the problem. It's insulting. Sentrys not part of the silver age but we're gonna make him cause we're lazy.

It isn't to me. And nowhere in that mini was Sentry described as awesome at all.

In fact the mini like I said tells the story of an overweight American who remembers he was once the greatest hero on Earth, he was around before anyone else. He helped people deal with phobia's. He was a best friend of Reed. And to note his love interest with Rogue happened after that mini not before or in it. I could explain more but that's the gist of it. While the world needs a hero like Sentry. He just cannot be allowed to exist because the Void is too much of a danger.

Like I mentioned I have really compacted it. It's a tragic story not a

"Oh look at this awesome superhero who did everything and was the best"

I completely disagree with you there.

I don't understand how you think Paul Jenkins is lazy in any way. And it doesn't insult the reader either. Because the story like I said isn't about showing how awesome Robert is. It's about telling a tragic story.

But as I said it is best to agree to disagree.

-Pr-
Honestly, gonna have to disagree to an extent. I liked the original mini, but as time went on, I found some of the portrayals of him to be a little preachy, and the portrayal of the Sentry to be somewhat marty stuish.

I for one hated the Rogue stuff, tbh.

Sentry is based on Miracleman, he's nothing to do with Superman in any way shape or form.

Bendis wanted him to be Marvel's Superman, though. At least to an extent.

riv6672
Not talking about real life.

Talking about the heroes, the people of Marvel Earth... How they see it.
Thought so.
Cap, then.

krisblaze
I think that it was a real inventive way to introduce him.

The first mini rocked.

Rest of his portrayals were pretty bad, ranging from "okay (v2 and the oldschool comics)" to pure trash.

abhilegend

Miracleman is based on Captain Marvel who was based on Superman. So essentially sentry is a clone of a clone? Nearly every writer from Bendis to Remender has described him as an unhinged Superman? I mean what is wrong in being based on Superman that every sentry fan denies it?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, gonna have to disagree to an extent. I liked the original mini, but as time went on, I found some of the portrayals of him to be a little preachy, and the portrayal of the Sentry to be somewhat marty stuish.

Sure, but his origin is rooted in what Jenkins done for him.

Bendis could wish for Sentry to be Marvel's Darkseid. He could give his a costume similar to current Sentry. He could change subtle things about him but unless it is completely retconned and Bendis says Sentry was a being that was sent in a shuttle from the planet Temporalon then I don't consider what Bendis wanted for Sentry to be true. I know what you're saying -Pr- of course about Bendis but as we know from Miracleman and Sentry's origin they both start pretty much exactly the same. They both wake up after a nightmare. They're both overweight in their human forms (with almost the exact same look). They both have that opposite side with kid Miracleman.

What portrayals of him did you find to be preachy?

Time Immemorial
Lets be real any hero with a cape, that flys and is awesome, and a big S in the front that isn't Superman, is based on Superman.

Sin I AM
It isn't to me. And nowhere in that mini was Sentry described as awesome at all.

In fact the mini like I said tells the story of an overweight American who remembers he was once the greatest hero on Earth, he was around before anyone else. He helped people deal with phobia's. He was a best friend of Reed. And to note his love interest with Rogue happened after that mini not before or in it. I could explain more but that's the gist of it. While the world needs a hero like Sentry. He just cannot be allowed to exist because the Void is too much of a danger.

Like I mentioned I have really compacted it. It's a tragic story not a

"Oh look at this awesome superhero who did everything and was the best"

I completely disagree with you there.

I don't understand how you think Paul Jenkins is lazy in any way. And it doesn't insult the reader either. Because the story like I said isn't about showing how awesome Robert is. It's about telling a tragic story.

But as I said it is best to agree to disagree.

I actually "liked" the sentry. But i feel his story relegated the other heroes to back up. Once the mini concluded marvel had no idea how to flesh him out. Placing him in the new avengers was a terrible idea. He doesn't fit the dynamic. He's no Thor, he's comes off as more of a cosmic character imo but meh. I think the cloc scenarios were well thought out and honestly I'd leave it at that. Him constantly running around the world stopping disasters but not really being intrinsically tied to teams or events. He's just too powerful.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by abhilegend
Miracleman is based on Captain Marvel who was based on Superman. So essentially sentry is a clone of a clone? Nearly every writer from Bendis to Remender has described him as an unhinged Superman? I mean what is wrong in being based on Superman that every sentry fan denies it?

Because he isn't based on Superman at all. They are both completely different. Tell me how Superman and Sentry are similar in their origins. Because I can tell you. And you probably know that they are both very different.

Sin I AM
I don't think marvel should ever have a superman type character the universe is so different from dc it always comes off as cheesy

abhilegend
Because he isn't based on Superman at all. They are both completely different. Tell me how Superman and Sentry are similar in their origins. Because I can tell you. And you probably know that they are both very different.
Their origins being different doesn't means much. Tell me, how is Captain Marvel based on superman by your reasoning?

If I start listing the similarities between superman and sentry, we will be here for hours. Heck, even the idea of Sentry/Void was taken from a superman story which depicted Superman and Clark Kent separating and Clark becoming the greatest villain on earth. So you tell me, why is Sentry being based on Miracleman is OK with you but being based on superman isn't. It's long due that sentry fans stop feeling inferior about this fact.

One_Angry_Scot
Their origins being different doesn't means much. Tell me, how is Captain Marvel based on superman by your reasoning?

If I start listing the similarities between superman and sentry, we will be here for hours. Heck, even the idea of Sentry/Void was taken from a superman story which depicted Superman and Clark Kent separating and Clark becoming the greatest villain on earth. So you tell me, why is Sentry being based on Miracleman is OK with you but being based on superman isn't. It's long due that sentry fans stop feeling inferior about this fact.

Abhi I don't see why you're acting as if it was stated that he was based on Superman it would make me feel bad. I couldn't care less if he was. You may debate with other Sentry fans that pull their hair out and become angered at reading such words but I don't care.

All I was saying is that Miracleman and Sentry's origins were closer. I don't have a problem with Sentry being based on Superman. I just don't think he is.

I just don't see why you are lumping me in with a group of Sentry fans who feel "inferior" because of the possibility of that being true.

Supermex
But Marvel does keep up with current events so Cap would have some haters. Even Tony would have some.

I can see Captain Marvel, Thor maybe Blue Marvel taking it.

celeyhyga17

Lies!

You just wished Cyke banged her too.

Supermex
I don't think marvel should ever have a superman type character the universe is so different from dc it always comes off as cheesy

I agree

I think that's why Thor works so well I'm M.U

abhilegend
Abhi I don't see why you're acting as if it was stated that he was based on Superman it would make me feel bad. I couldn't care less if he was. You may debate with other Sentry fans that pull their hair out and become angered at reading such words but I don't care.

All I was saying is that Miracleman and Sentry's origins were closer. I don't have a problem with Sentry being based on Superman. I just don't think he is.

I just don't see why you are lumping me in with a group of Sentry fans who feel "inferior" because of the possibility of that being true.
Because you are acting like one? I mean what would one think from a statement like this? Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

"He's nothing to do with superman in any shape or form. " I like you scot but that really came off as denial of truth.

Sentry might not be a literal duplicate like Majestic but to claim he has no relation to Superman? SMH.

krisblaze
I agree

I think that's why Thor works so well I'm M.U
Thor is good in the M.U, but he's awkward as shit on Marvel Earth imo.

Sin I AM
I think Thor USED to work well. I think now they dont know how to correctly portray him. Id honestly wish he'd stay in Asgard for awhile. Explore the other realms not named midgard and get back to his roots

One_Angry_Scot
Because you are acting like one? I mean what would one think from a statement like this?
"He's nothing to do with superman in any shape or form. " I like you scot but that really came off as denial of truth.

Sentry might not be a literal duplicate like Majestic but to claim he has no relation to Superman? SMH.

I was talking specifically about his origin. For example was Superman an overweight human who had nightmares and then suddenly gains his powers back then realises that he has an exact opposite of himself (a so called Anti-Superman). He doesn't and that is all I was saying. I wasn't talking about anything else Abhi. Purely his origin in Sentry Vol 1 #1.

Apologies if my reply to Sin I AM confused you. I didn't mean to do so or anything.

I kind of messed up with my writing. I struggle with it sometimes because of what I mentioned to you before in a PM.

krisblaze
I think Thor USED to work well. I think now they dont know how to correctly portray him. Id honestly wish he'd stay in Asgard for awhile. Explore the other realms not named midgard and get back to his roots

Actually, he had some business with malekith or whatever before the hammer was passed onto the new Thor.

It was pretty mediocre, but at least he was back where he belonged.

abhilegend
I was talking specifically about his origin. For example was Superman an overweight human who had nightmares and then suddenly gains his powers back then realises that he has an exact opposite of himself (a so called Anti-Superman). He doesn't and that is all I was saying. I wasn't talking about anything else Abhi. Purely his origin in Sentry Vol 1 #1.

Apologies if my reply to Sin I AM confused you. I didn't mean to do so or anything.

I kind of messed up with my writing. I struggle with it sometimes because of what I mentioned to you before in a PM.
No, his origin is as different from Superman as it can be. But so is of several superman homages.

It's all right bro.

Time Immemorial
I think many people have complained Superman has too many powers, but when you compare him to Sentry, then the Void and all those powers, I mean what were they thinking, now Sentry has literally way to many. Now he can't take damage and all this other nonsense. Starting to get weird.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze
Actually, he had some business with malekith or whatever before the hammer was passed onto the new Thor.

It was pretty mediocre, but at least he was back where he belonged.

Which is fine. I really liked journey in mystery and kid loki. The one armed thing seems a bit meh and losing mjolnir has annoyed me etc.

Just me sprouting off shit but i dont think there needs to be more than a two heralds running around marvel earth. Its a bit overkill to have so many high end people.

Star428
Originally posted by Stoic
DC
1. Superman for sure, he's always been the flagship of DC, which should probably change to mix things up a bit

Hell no. That should never, ever change. Ever.

Branlor Swift
I agree with pretty much everything Sin said about Sentry.

Retroactively everyone played second fiddle to him. And the whole greatest hero ever shit seems like a kid trying to create the bestest superhero ever. Sentry's entire origin actually.

"Yeah well my hero did everything like containing the Cosmic Cube and being Reed Richards best friend and he ate year old burgers and he enjoyed ghost chiles on occasion. He also stalemated Galactus and taught a flying mutant not to be scared. Also he had sex with Rogue before Magneto because... well... uhdunno, but it totally doesn't take away the impact of why Rogue did Mags. Also every single hero thinks he's cooler than themselves.

Oh you thought I was finished? No no no. He also has the power of 100... no wait, 1000, uh that's pretty high right? Yeah he has the power of 1000 suns.

Changed my mind, he has the power of 1 million suns. Also he can't die. Plus plus plus he is really fast. But he's not just fast, he's also really strong, stronger than Hulk. But even if he wasn't stronger than Hulk he can simply take away all his anger and strength. He can beat all the heroes at once too.

He also erased the entire planet's mind like Xavier and Dr Strange.

Now match that Jimmy! You dirty poor no mom having dumbass!"

-Pr-
Sure, but his origin is rooted in what Jenkins done for him.

Bendis could wish for Sentry to be Marvel's Darkseid. He could give his a costume similar to current Sentry. He could change subtle things about him but unless it is completely retconned and Bendis says Sentry was a being that was sent in a shuttle from the planet Temporalon then I don't consider what Bendis wanted for Sentry to be true. I know what you're saying -Pr- of course about Bendis but as we know from Miracleman and Sentry's origin they both start pretty much exactly the same. They both wake up after a nightmare. They're both overweight in their human forms (with almost the exact same look). They both have that opposite side with kid Miracleman.

What portrayals of him did you find to be preachy?

I was honestly gonna spend time writing a reply:

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I agree with pretty much everything Sin said about Sentry.

Retroactively everyone played second fiddle to him. And the whole greatest hero ever shit seems like a kid trying to create the bestest superhero ever. Sentry's entire origin actually.

"Yeah well my hero did everything like containing the Cosmic Cube and being Reed Richards best friend and he ate year old burgers and he enjoyed ghost chiles on occasion. He also stalemated Galactus and taught a flying mutant not to be scared. Also he had sex with Rogue before Magneto because... well... uhdunno, but it totally doesn't take away the impact of why Rogue did Mags. Also every single hero thinks he's cooler than themselves.

Oh you thought I was finished? No no no. He also has the power of 100... no wait, 1000, uh that's pretty high right? Yeah he has the power of 1000 suns.

Changed my mind, he has the power of 1 million suns. Also he can't die. Plus plus plus he is really fast. But he's not just fast, he's also really strong, stronger than Hulk. But even if he wasn't stronger than Hulk he can simply take away all his anger and strength. He can beat all the heroes at once too.

He also erased the entire planet's mind like Xavier and Dr Strange.

Now match that Jimmy! You dirty poor no mom having dumbass!"

Says most of what I was going to say about what I found preachy and marty stuish. I'd just be nicer about it.

Existere
OP confuses me.

Are we discussing who we think is viewed as the mightiest hero in-universe, or are we naming who we personally think the highest of?

Sin I AM
I think what he's asking is who encompasses heroism the best. Methinks

Supermex
We all know Superman is the symbol of hope in DC Earth

Who is that Symbol on Marvel Earth?

I dont see Captain America as that guy anymore in my opinion.

riv6672
I was honestly gonna spend time writing a reply:

Says most of what I was going to say about what I found preachy and marty stuish. I'd just be nicer about it.
Same.

Existere
We all know Superman is the symbol of hope in DC Earth

Who is that Symbol on Marvel Earth?

I dont see Captain America as that guy anymore in my opinion. Professor X, Mr. Fantastic and Captain America have all embodied/been this in different ways over Marvel's history.

relentless1
Superman for DC

Hulk for Marvel

riv6672
Originally posted by Existere
Professor X, Mr. Fantastic and Captain America have all embodied/been this in different ways over Marvel's history.
Well, like was posted...

...marvel and DC are fundamentally different.
No reason to believe the requested characters in the OP would hold the exact same position.

DarkSaint85
Superman

Cap.

Sure, in recent years its been less the case (for both).

But up until his de aging, Cap was inspiring galactic alliances against the Incursions and the Black Order. Superman is and always will be the heart and leader of the DCU.

riv6672
Basically.

Its what i loved about JLA/Avengers. Busiek went beyond slug fests and delved into how the two 'verses are different, how the same positions are there, but different.
Its why Supes and Cap were so heavily affected by the merging...

And why the two come to the forefront, in universe, and in threads like these...

Cap IS the Superman.
Superman IS the Cap.
In one universe though, the heart/inspiration/leadership etc. AND power are in one package, in the other, two characters fill the role...
https://m0vie.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/avengersjla2.jpg

complexbrother
Silver Surfer

Superman

riv6672
Surfer's an interesting choice. Dont agree with it, though he is pretty noble.

krisblaze
Originally posted by complexbrother
Silver Surfer

Superman

Surfer?

Most people wouldn't know who the phuck he is.

Beyond that guy who showed up 20 years ago to herald the destruction of our planet...

riv6672
A cosmic Kim Kardashian...eek!

Mindship
" The mightiest superhero "
A superhero I feel is what every human should be, to fight for what is right and give it all for freedom, justice and protect family and friends and never give up.So, 'mightiest' as in inspirational and always doing the right thing? Or 'mightiest' in terms of sheer power? Sounds like you're leaning towards the former.

1.Who do you consider as DC Earths mightiest superhero ? Superman in both cases (inspiration and might). Essentially, he is the Icon of the superhero genre, regardless of comic universe.

2.Who do you consider as Marvel Earths mightiest superhero? Captain America (inspiration), Sentry (might), or, Thor (combo?). Basically, there really isn't a Marvel-analogue Superman (ie, clones aside, and even then, they just replicate Superman's might, not his ability to inspire).

krisblaze
Professor X is like a loving father, and to me he represents forgiveness and acceptance.

Cap's about hope and doing what's right. I also wonder if he represents human potential in some way, or at the very least is popular because he's the closest to regular human beings.

Thor and Sentry are more like protectors of earth I suppose. Where Cap mostly deals with the "evil that men do", Thor will be called upon to defend earth from external threats.

Superman is all of these in a sense, only he doesn't really represent a minority like Professor X and he's not close to people in the way Cap is, and he certainly doesn't have the "greatest generation" appeal.

maxivitopowe
I feel like if they stop shitting on Spidey he couldbe one of them

ShadowFyre
DC- Superman was the original and kinda hard to beat this guy. Can some of you bigger DC fans maybe give an idea of who would come in 2nd and 3rd in this category?

Marvel-1. Cap, not sure who else could take his #1 spot in Marvel. I would say Xavier but he's a mutant and probably hated.

2. Peter Parker, could be swinging around pimpin out Mary Jane and rocking the venom.suit and be rich as helll But instead he.chooses to be.broke and save people. Dumb but that's what he does.

3.Thor, doesent even have to be on our shitty planet, could be getting drunk and banging wenches in basically heaven but instead he gets drunk, bangs wenches and saves planet's, universes etc. Gets my 3 spot because let's be honest, Thors pretty much drunk 24/7 ( which conveniently explains all his low showings for me as well) bangs hoes, and has probably killed more people than 90 % of marvels villains.

ozz81
1.Superman
2.Thor

riv6672
@Shadowfire

I think those are the most interesting reasons in the thread...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
DC- Superman was the original and kinda hard to beat this guy. Can some of you bigger DC fans maybe give an idea of who would come in 2nd and 3rd in this category?

Batman would be the obv choice. Especially the 'never give up' part. MM was SUPPOSED to be the premier superhero in the entire Southern hemisphere......

Barry Allen was specifically chosen to be a Blue Lantern, FWIW..

-Pr-
Professor X is like a loving father, and to me he represents forgiveness and acceptance.

Cap's about hope and doing what's right. I also wonder if he represents human potential in some way, or at the very least is popular because he's the closest to regular human beings.

Thor and Sentry are more like protectors of earth I suppose. Where Cap mostly deals with the "evil that men do", Thor will be called upon to defend earth from external threats.

Superman is all of these in a sense, only he doesn't really represent a minority like Professor X and he's not close to people in the way Cap is, and he certainly doesn't have the "greatest generation" appeal.

Xavier's a ****.

ShadowFyre
Well, I was somewhat being funny, but I think you get the gist of what I meant with Thor and Parker, they do.What they do as a.choice but then again all heroes basically do this.

And Xavier is a kind of a punk lol.

I was going to.say wonder woman for DC as a 2nd or third.

maxivitopowe
only retroactively

krisblaze
Xavier's a ****.
Gets better women than you.

tkitna
Sentry

Superman (the 2nd rate Sentry)

Supermex
Superman

Thor

Golgo13
Orion

Thor

meep-meep
Originally posted by riv6672
Surfer's an interesting choice. Dont agree with it, though he is pretty noble.

Surfer is the cosmic Ghandi. If a writer could create a way for him to not be dependent on Galactus' power permanently, SS could grow as a character. He does have a very rich and deep history though.

I want to see a SS/Sentry showdown. There is no reason for it not to happen.

-Pr-
Gets better women than you.

I don't creep on my sixteen year old students.

riv6672
Originally posted by meep-meep
Surfer is the cosmic Ghandi. If a writer could create a way for him to not be dependent on Galactus' power permanently, SS could grow as a character. He does have a very rich and deep history though.

I want to see a SS/Sentry showdown. There is no reason for it not to happen.
Well, i'm all for Sentry getting his butt kicked so, yeah.

Mindship
Surfer is the cosmic Ghandi. Exactly. He's not really "Earth's", per se, mightiest hero; he kinda belongs to the whole universe.

I want to see a SS/Sentry showdown. There is no reason for it not to happen. I always thought it interesting how Marvel never arranged for a pre-Death Seed Sentry / Surfer battle; and I wonder if it was for similar reasons why Superman and Surfer did not fight in their crossover (the only crossover, I believe, where the main heroes did Not fight): ie, Soarin' Norrin may've been too tough to beat without major PIS/CIS. We'll never know.

In any event, I would Not want to see a Surfer / Death Sentry fight. As much as I love the Surfer, I don't see him beating Dentry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.