UQ Holder team vs Claymore team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
UQ Holder team consists of:
Touta (with Magia Erebea active, i.e. those arms of his)
Karin
Kuromaru
and Santa

Claymore team:
Isley
Dauf
Riful
and Luciela

Speed equalized for everyone and they all know what the opponents are capable of. No prep time though.

How does this go?

Q99
Well, *eventually* it seems like UQ would have to win, they're unkillable after all, but power-wise the Claymore team has a major edge and will really rip them up.

Dauf is not going to last very long, but aside from that we may be talking about a multi-day war of attrition. Or longer, even.

Esomark
I didn't read all of Claymore since I lost interest in it around Vol. 23 or so but I remember the characters on the Claymore team here. The Claymore team has some nasty physical attacks but the UQ Holder team has the superior card of unorthodox abilities, especially Santa's telekinesis and intangibility.

danteiscool
Yeah, Santa and Karin would be the tough ones due to the nature of their immortality, though Touta and Kuromura simply have really good regen... which the Claymore team has too which is why I made this thread.

In which case, do you think the Claymore team has any way of bfring Karin or Santa?

wakkawakkawakka
Isley and Riful may be able to keep Karin pinned down with arrows and tendrils but I don't see how the Claymore team woule do anything to Santa.

Esomark
You need attacks that can harm spirits to hurt Santa and I don't recall Claymore having anything but slashy physical attacks.

Q99
Originally posted by danteiscool
Yeah, Santa and Karin would be the tough ones due to the nature of their immortality, though Touta and Kuromura simply have really good regen... which the Claymore team has too which is why I made this thread.

Note that while Kuromura's regen can be overcome simply by enough damage, a bit like the Awakened Being's, Touta's *never* will. It'll just take him longer to recover, but he'll regenerate from, say, part of a foot if that's all that is left.

Which means as long as the fight is ongoing, he will return endlessly. The Abyss Feeders wore down Isley, after all. Somewhat similar here.

danteiscool
True, but he can be KOed and if his head is separated and put elsewhere, he's helpless.

Q99
Which, on his own may be doable, but with Santa and Karin around, much less so.

danteiscool
Santa, sure, but I doubt Karin would do much to really look out for him.

Q99
Not overly, but she does know when it'd be to her advantage, and just attacking the ones that attack him would help.

And the gravity sword should be a pretty nice weapon for inflicting damage here.

danteiscool
Possibly, provided he uses it to take them by surprise long enough to really take advantage of it.

Q99
It's a good way to take out Dauf fast at minimum.

Also, while we've largely been overlooking Kuromaru due to him not being *as* immortal, he's still a quite skilled fighter who'll contribute to things.

danteiscool
Given his less than bright personality, that's true.

Not to mention his shundo skill. Granted, speed is equalized for this thread, but shundo's ability to let him practically teleport could really help out.

Esomark
Kuroumaru also some long range options with his Zanmaken slashes.

danteiscool
So does Isley with his arrows, not to mention they can home in on targets.

Esomark
Forgot about that. How strong did Claymore get at the end of it?

danteiscool
By the end, supposedly they're massively hypersonic in speed (a non-factor given equalization for this thread) and are capable of tanking multi-city block destroying attacks (the high tiers anyway, such as Isley) with equally potent destructive power. Priscilla and Teresa are in a league all their own by the end of the series.

Q99
The final series characters are stronger than any of the ones here, by a good margin, of course. They could solo this quartet.

The Isley/Luciela fight shows the level of power we'll see here, wherein both of them going at it really trashed a valley, ripping up all the terrain therein.

danteiscool
Not to mention causing earthquakes from what I recall of that fight.

Q99
Originally posted by danteiscool
Not to mention causing earthquakes from what I recall of that fight.

Definitely ripped up a lot of ground at least, but I think that was more all the high-velocity projectiles hitting the ground.

danteiscool
Ah, that's right. Still, the tremors could be felt from far away, which goes to show how much force each hit was packing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.