Black and White...and Asian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Was following up on an earlier thread, about everyone being the same color in 100 years, supposedly.
Ran across an article that touched on asians.
I've known mixed race couples (having been in the Army 20+ years, quite a few actually), and looking back, though i've known many asian women married to white and black men, i've never known any asian men who married outside their race.

So, thread question:
Are asian women more forward thinking than their male counter parts, or are they "selling out" when they marry black or white men?

Like the more popular "acting black" "acting white" labels that get put on those races.

http://cholakovv.com/en/blog/2450

StyleTime
I found this from the census in 2010. It documents the number of interracial/interethnic(hispanic is not a race) households in America. I wish it had the sexes of the people shown though. It's just interesting to read.

As for your question, I think neither answer is fair. An Asian woman is obligated to no one but herself in her romantic life. She isn't a sell out nor is she more progressive for dating outside her race.

As your quote highlights, there are loads of ****ed up stereotypes about different combinations of race and gender. Some are presented as more desirable, even if in a problematic way, in society. The de-sexualization of Asian men is just as big, and horrible, as the sexualization of Asian women.

riv6672
Huzzah! thumb up thumb up thumb up

StyleTime
Totally forgot to paste the link to the census thing. embarrasment

http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/marriage/data/census/InterracialMarriages_PAA2013_FINAL.pdf

riv6672
Kind of noticed that...stick out tongue

AsbestosFlaygon
Having had relationships with women and men of different races, I find the statements quoted to be quite accurate.
Except for the second statement about Asian men. Being one myself, they are probably the horniest and kinkiest race of men I've ever been with. They make love with you harder than most black men, even though blacks generally have longer schlongs.

riv6672
Wasnt actually sure if we had any asians on the site. Good of you to share your thoughts and take this the right way!

AsbestosFlaygon
Just saying it as it is, is all.
It's my experience, so it obviously differs from what others have encountered.
The notion of Asian men being geeks and not good in bed is obviously flawed. I think it's actually their sexual deprivation that triggers the extra horniness in them.

riv6672
Wait, what? laughing out loud

I'd wish for the asian female perspective but, now i'm scared!

AsbestosFlaygon
It's the same smile
Asian women are often depicted as shy/timid asexuals. I can tell honestly that that is not the case.
The kinkiest partners I've been with are a Japanese guy and a Japanese girl, in different occassions.

Omega Vision
I think it's more like Asian men aren't particularly desired by a lot of women outside of their own ethnic group.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think it's more like Asian men aren't particularly desired by a lot of women outside of their own ethnic group.

Yellow fever is rampant in Japanese studies big grin

riv6672
Wonder why.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by riv6672
Wonder why.
Stereotypes most likely.

AncientPower
I've known plenty of white and black women who prefer Asian men, many of them have either Japan fever or are Korean drama addicts. Most of my Canadian and British based Asian male friends have local wives, not Asian.

On the flip side I've asked most of my female relatives quite a few times about whether a genuine preference for one 'race' of men exists. Almost all of them have answered that Black and White men tend to be exciting for awhile before it became apparent that Asian men become much more practical as life partners.

As an Asian man myself I can tell you that many men prefer white women, yet just as many prefer Asian women due to cultural or lingual barriers.

For non-asian people certain stereotypes will be very apparent, on the surface that is. Given that Asia contains half the population of the human race, then honestly it shouldn't be any more surprising to find primarily Asian couples together than Caucasian or black couples. Of course within that contains plenty of mixed couples of all kinds.

riv6672
Nice insight, thanks...

AsbestosFlaygon
Stereotypes most likely.
Yeah, this must be the primary reason.

People from other cultures/races assume that Asian men have small penises and/or are virgin nerds/geeks.

riv6672
You reminded me of the old MadTV skit...laughing out loud

http://i36.tinypic.com/2dj5cg5.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.