Shaman Nate Grey vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Terryc250
Whom?

Time Immemorial
Thanos

Terryc250
Reason?

Time Immemorial
Thanos can resist his TP and his blasts are stronger and his durability wont even be a question.

Terryc250
Can't Nate Grey like, freeze time?

Surtur
Can't Nate exist in a state of pure psionic energy?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
Can't Nate exist in a state of pure psionic energy?

Thanos has fought intangible beings and won. This isn't something he has not dealt with.

Surtur
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Thanos has fought intangible beings and won. This isn't something he has not dealt with.

What did he specifically do to beat the intangible being in question?

Insane Titan
What did he specifically do to beat the intangible being in question? a weaker Thanos clone was able to punch away vision trying to go intangible on him

leonidas
not shaman. ever.

Golgo13
Originally posted by leonidas
not shaman. ever.

Surtur
Originally posted by Insane Titan
a weaker Thanos clone was able to punch away vision trying to go intangible on him

Okay, but I don't think being intangible is the same as existing in a state of pure psionic energy. Are you saying Thanos will..what, punch this mass of psionic energy to death?

krisblaze
Okay, but I don't think being intangible is the same as existing in a state of pure psionic energy. Are you saying Thanos will..what, punch this mass of psionic energy to death?
Yes?

Thanos can project psionic energies.

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yes?

Thanos can project psionic energies.

You say yes he will punch the energy to death, and then immediately follow that up by saying no, he will be projecting psionic energies.

So, which is it? Punching something is not the same as projecting energy at it, and as you will notice..the comment I was responding to was of someone saying Thanos physically punched an intangible Vision.

Furthermore, the most potent psionic energy projectiles Thanos has ever created would be..what? Which instances? How powerful were the psionic projectiles?

krisblaze
Thanos can affect energy-beings. Nothing hard to understand about that.

But if Nate is purely psionic then Thanos would probably use telepathy.

Surtur
Thanos can affect energy-beings. Nothing hard to understand about that.

But if Nate is purely psionic then Thanos would probably use telepathy.

It is not hard to understand, but..that kind of isn't the point. The point was I asked someone if Thanos could punch psionic energy to death. The answer is a resounding "nope". Him tagging someone who is intangible doesn't mean he can beat an energy being to death. I'm not saying he 100% can't, just that the feat given as to why..doesn't prove he can.

Also, Thanos in no way whatsoever possesses the telepathic might to defeat Nate Grey in psionic combat. He has some potent telepathy that is true, but he isn't on Nate's level when it comes to purely psionics. So if Thanos has to rely on telepathy to win this fight that just means he won't be winning the fight. Again, just let me make this crystal clear: I am saying if the only way he can achieve victory is TELEPATHY that he will not win. He is no slouch in the telepathic department, and he might even be able to fend off a psionic assault from Nate, but there is a difference between being able to fend him off and being able to actually overpower the guy based purely on your own psychic powers.

krisblaze
It is not hard to understand, but..that kind of isn't the point. The point was I asked someone if Thanos could punch psionic energy to death. The answer is a resounding "nope". Him tagging someone who is intangible doesn't mean he can beat an energy being to death. I'm not saying he 100% can't, just that the feat given as to why..doesn't prove he can.

Also, Thanos in no way whatsoever possesses the telepathic might to defeat Nate Grey in psionic combat. He has some potent telepathy that is true, but he isn't on Nate's level when it comes to purely psionics. So if Thanos has to rely on telepathy to win this fight that just means he won't be winning the fight.
We know that Thanos can affect energy and that he has the power to defeat people more powerful than Shaman X-Man.

What more do you need to know to know that he will beat him?

Thaos can't defeat nate in a telepathic duel or anything like that, but nate's not getting in his mind and Thanos can still hit him with psychic bolts.

Surtur
We know that Thanos can affect energy and that he has the power to defeat people more powerful than Shaman X-Man.

I can't recall him ever defeating anyone on the level of Nate using nothing but psychic powers.

But again, I'm asking for his most powerful feats when it comes to using these "psionic bolts". Who has he fought and defeated using only psionic powers?

This is important, because if he has no way to really kill Nate, it means Nate has as long as he wants to get into his mind, and Thanos is in no way capable of indefinitely resisting a mental assault from a telepath on this level. This is why I'm asking for his psionic feats.

krisblaze
That is too specific a feat for him to have.

I can't think of Thanos defeating an energy-being as powerful as Shaman X-Man.

Surtur
That is too specific a feat for him to have.

I can't think of Thanos defeating an energy-being as powerful as Shaman X-Man.

But the problem is..okay, we know he can have some kind of affect on energy beings. How do we know how large of an effect he can have on them?

Let us say he can throw a blast at Nate and it won't just go right through him, there will be some sort of effect on it, even if it's not doing any actual damage..he still might be "making contact' with his energy form so to speak. But can he actually destroy that form?

Insane Titan
Okay, but I don't think being intangible is the same as existing in a state of pure psionic energy. Are you saying Thanos will..what, punch this mass of psionic energy to death? yeah, cos that's how comics work.

Thanos had no problem in killing a more powerful version of himself in astral form.

celeyhyga17
Thanos wrecks

carver9
Nate seemed Petrified (his words) of Thanos and this was a clone.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsThanos13.jpg.html

If he fought the real deal, I honestly can't see him lasting long. Thanos takes this 10/10.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Nate seemed Petrified (his words) of Thanos and this was a clone.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsThanos13.jpg.html

If he fought the real deal, I honestly can't see him lasting long. Thanos takes this 10/10.
We all know why u posted that scan Carvster.. Pshhh..

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Lol...naah, not this time. I already used that scan in a debate for Hulk and everyone saw it. I'm using it for Thanos this time.

celeyhyga17
Lol...naah, not this time. I already used that scan in a debate for Hulk and everyone saw it. I'm using it for Thanos this time.
That's not even Shaman Nate.

carver9
That's not even Shaman Nate.

But it's Nate though. An extremely powerful Nate. How much if a difference is there between the two because Nate didn't seem to do much against the clone.

celeyhyga17
But it's Nate though. An extremely powerful Nate. How much if a difference is there between the two because Nate didn't seem to do much against the clone.
Ask ID

Sin I AM

LMFAO IKR!!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
LMFAO IKR!!

thumb up

Mindset
But it's Nate though. An extremely powerful Nate. How much if a difference is there between the two because Nate didn't seem to do much against the clone. Pretty sure that's just regular Nate.

Not as powerful or as skilled as his current version.

Decimus
Still Thanos should be a league or so above Shaman Nate who would most likely lose the majority to Norrin unless the Marvel wants to wank some feats to make the mutants more relevant again ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.