Which Ancient Sith Lord would you like to be reintroduced in the new canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
I would personally like to see Freedon Nadd back in, he looks like he could mesh into the new canon Sith pretty well.

|King Joker|
Exar Kun.

NewGuy01
I hope they continue to run with Darth Bane, and make him better than the wrinkly bald man from the EU.

carthage
Freedon Nadd, or Exar Kun

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I hope they continue to run with Darth Bane, and make him better than the wrinkly bald man from the EU.

thumb up

Yeah, definitely Darth Bane. A completely new story though.

psmith81992
Originally posted by The Merchant
I would personally like to see Freedon Nadd back in, he looks like he could mesh into the new canon Sith pretty well.

I second this. Or Ragnos.

chilled monkey

As much as I hate the whole "Canon vs. Legends" thing, I have to admit I agree with this. One thing I did like about TCW was Bane's new look. I found it far more impressive than his comic/novel counterpart.

Tzeentch
Exar Kun is the only ancient sith interesting enough to exist in the pure, master race new canon. thumb up

Let the rest burn.

Darth Abonis
I guess Ragnos.

ares834
Exar Kun. Dude was a bad ass.

As long as they completely change, well, pretty much everything about him I agree. Karpyshyn's Bane was an absolute travesty (he was cool in the comic though). Also he should be the first "Darth".

Tzeentch
thumb up

Revanchiste
Exar Kun and Darth Revan our old Darth Revan just before 3.0.
Tulak hord with a fresh reboot of his biography....
AJunta pall....
Marka Ragnos.
Our bad ass mother ****er Malgus.

AncientPower
Exar Kun, kinda obvious choice really.

Sinious
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I guess Ragnos.

RexCloneWarsMVS
I'm not a fan of the EU, it seems retarded to me, JK, I think Revan, Sion, and Malak should be canon again, just not Traya, she's unrealistic as ****

Stigma
Hmm, interesting topic. Both Kun and Nadd would be great to explore in canon. Ragnos as an obscure, ancient Sith would be good to. As to Bane, better leave him as a ghost that can be easily dismissed imho.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
I'm not a fan of the EU, it seems retarded to me, JK, I think Revan, Sion, and Malak should be canon again, just not Traya, she's unrealistic as ****
Why not???? A blind women.. A woman blinded by hate and anger....

And th EU.. That's star war.. What star war? the scenbario of 6 moovies or an universe?

Q99
See, Exar always struck me as too straight-forward and not too interesting. He was an angry Jedi who became a sith.

Now, Ulic, he was the sith at the time with an interesting character arc. He was the one who was a legitimately good guy who fell, felt despair when he killed his brother, tried to redeem himself... where Exar was straightforward and was always in the same direction, Ulic grew and changed.

As for Freedon, he's a guy with barely any characterization. I'll admit to not getting his appeal either, not when there's a lot of more developed ancient lords. Ajunta is interesting. Heck, even Sadow- though I do hope they completely ditch the silly 'sorcery to blow up stars' stuff.

Fated Xtasy
Ragnos I want him to be the badass he should have been in the old EU.

Also, Ajunta Pall please, he needs some exposure.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
See, Exar always struck me as too straight-forward and not too interesting. He was an angry Jedi who became a sith.

Now, Ulic, he was the sith at the time with an interesting character arc. He was the one who was a legitimately good guy who fell, felt despair when he killed his brother, tried to redeem himself... where Exar was straightforward and was always in the same direction, Ulic grew and changed.

I prefer Ulic as a character. Exar, though, makes a far better and more intimidating villain.

Originally posted by Stigma
As to Bane, better leave him as a ghost that can be easily dismissed imho.

Nah, as the creator of the RoT and the only survivor of those ancient Sith, Bane should be a bad ass. I hope they make him powerful and interesting in the new canon unlike what they did in the EU. Basically, he should be an entirely different character from his EU counterpart with the only similarities being that he is a sith named Darth Bane and that he created the RoT.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ares834
Exar Kun. Dude was a bad ass.

Agreed, as long as he keeps his blue lightsabre.

As long as they completely change, well, pretty much everything about him I agree. Karpyshyn's Bane was an absolute travesty

Out of curiosity why do you think so? I'm not arguing, I honestly want to know.

ares834
Bane had the potential to be a really unique character, an almost (anti)messianic figure. And yet, in Karpyshyn hands, he became just another boring generic Sith rather than the nearly mythical character presented in TPM novelization and even in the Jedi vs Sith. Worse was how Bane created the RoT. Bane should have come to this conclusion himself by watching the Sith self-destruct (and perhaps by having thwarted of a few usurpation attempts) he should not have simply have got it from a holocron.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Why not???? A blind women.. A woman blinded by hate and anger....

And th EU.. That's star war.. What star war? the scenbario of 6 moovies or an universe? the fact that she killed council members with a single force drain, that's stupid that she's stronger then the chosen one which shouldn't be possible.

Revanchiste
the fact that she killed council members with a single force drain, that's stupid that she's stronger then the chosen one which shouldn't be possible.
What she learn many secret with her studdent Revan.... She begin to studdy with Revan 2 years before the end of the mandalorian war on Trayus academmy...

Trayus academmy = 300 sith holocrons...

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Revanchiste
What she learn many secret with her studdent Revan.... She begin to studdy with Revan 2 years before the end of the mandalorian war on Trayus academmy...

Trayus academmy = 300 sith holocrons... That doesn't mean she should be OP like that

chilled monkey
Bane had the potential to be a really unique character, an almost (anti)messianic figure. And yet, in Karpyshyn hands, he became just another boring generic Sith rather than the nearly mythical character presented in TPM novelization and even in the Jedi vs Sith. Worse was how Bane created the RoT. Bane should have come to this conclusion himself by watching the Sith self-destruct (and perhaps by having thwarted of a few usurpation attempts) he should not have simply have got it from a holocron.

I see, thanks. You make some very good points.

psmith81992
Bring back Nadd or Ragnos. We know almost nothing about them.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Q99

As for Freedon, he's a guy with barely any characterization. I'll admit to not getting his appeal either, not when there's a lot of more developed ancient lords. Ajunta is interesting. Heck, even Sadow- though I do hope they completely ditch the silly 'sorcery to blow up stars' stuff. Ulic gets no play because hes's basically just a less whiny Anakin. At this point in the mythos, the only thing more cliche more than a megalomaniac is a Jedi prodigy falling to the dark side, becoming a megalomaniac and then feeling bad for doing megalomaniacal things and dying.

Exar Kun is a much more entertaining sith in all his greasiness, and with decent writing could be the Star Wars equivalent of Morgoth.

Revanchiste
That doesn't mean she should be OP like that

Humhum Knowledge is power.
Especialy on the force....

Learning training...

That's better than having an O.P blood... Anakin have been trained since his childhood and doesn't have O.P capacity like does even if he was older....

Yhea bt who's Exar Kun without Ulic?

Revanchiste
Originally posted by psmith81992
Bring back Nadd or Ragnos. We know almost nothing about them.
Or Tulak hord Ragnos e know a lot about him actualy...

Q99
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Ulic gets no play because hes's basically just a less whiny Anakin. At this point in the mythos, the only thing more cliche more than a megalomaniac is a Jedi prodigy falling to the dark side, becoming a megalomaniac and then feeling bad for doing megalomaniacal things and dying.

Ulic's story is more complex than that. He was actively trying to work as a spy for the Jedi against the darkside. And he actually lived years and years after returning to the light.

Exar was a Jedi prodigy who fell to the dark side out of direct desire for power... that's even more Anakin than Ulic is!

Really, if you need to add a 'with decent writing' provision, that could apply to almost anyone. Why Exar and not any of a wide number of others, is what I'm saying?

Also, Sith-history wise, Exar wasn't... that crucial. I mean, he was one of the early 'master and apprentice' pairs that the wider galaxy knew about, but he didn't found an order. He didn't take down the Jedi. He was famous but didn't represent a turning point.

Heck, he's kinda redundant with Bane....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.