Lady Deathstrike vs Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is a claw to hand match.

http://www.shdb.net/pictures/fullbody/lady-deathstrike.jpg

vs

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130911025648/villains/images/4/4f/1001383-green_goblin01.jpg

meep-meep
Id think she'd eventually win in a death match. Goblin is a hell of a lot stronger but she's got a ridiculous healing factor iirc. He could potentially ko her for the win I suppose. Don't think he could kill her though. It's been awhile since I've seen either respective film.

Arachnid1
Lol @ her stabbing through his bulletproof armor. Lol @ her being anywhere near fast enough, strong enough, or skilled enough to pose any kind of problem for a dude who was beating the hell out of Spiderman.

Goblin stomps.

FrothByte
Goblin should be stronger and faster, but Deathstrike is quite a bit more skilled and has adamantium claws and healing.

Goblin should mess her up some, but I think Deathstrike can pull out the win eventually.

Modern day bullet proof armor is usually not stab or slash proof. Not sure if that's the case with Goblin's armor but until it's shown to withstand adamantium blades, I'm not assuming it can withstand Deathstrike's claws.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
Goblin should be stronger and faster, but Deathstrike is quite a bit more skilled and has adamantium claws and healing.

Goblin should mess her up some, but I think Deathstrike can pull out the win eventually.

Modern day bullet proof armor is usually not stab or slash proof. Not sure if that's the case with Goblin's armor but until it's shown to withstand adamantium blades, I'm not assuming it can withstand Deathstrike's claws. Her claws being adamantium doesn't make her able to pierce his armor. She doesn't have the feats to back that up. We don't even know the extent of her healing factor. She took some slashes from Wolvie well enough, but surviving a bomb being stuffed down her throat? She doesn't have the feats to back that up either. Goblin could keep both of her claws pinned with one hand rendering them useless and go to town.

Her, Sabes, and Logan just aren't in the same class as Spidey or any of his villains. Its pretty difficult to see any of them hurting someone like Goblin or Spidey in any way.

BruceSkywalker
Yuriko takes care of business... gobby was impaled by his own glider...... her adamantium long nails were fracking up logan, so pretty damn sure she shouldn;t have a problem slicing up gobby's armor..

hfSz0bQzZuM

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Her claws being adamantium doesn't make her able to pierce his armor. She doesn't have the feats to back that up. We don't even know the extent of her healing factor. She took some slashes from Wolvie well enough, but surviving a bomb being stuffed down her throat? She doesn't have the feats to back that up either. Goblin could keep both of her claws pinned with one hand rendering them useless and go to town.

Her, Sabes, and Logan just aren't in the same class as Spidey or any of his villains. Its pretty difficult to see any of them hurting someone like Goblin or Spidey in any way.

Well OP did say this was h2h, so no bombs included. Again I mention, bulletproof vest doesn't automatically mean slash/stab proof. Unless Goblin has specific feats showing he's slash/stab proof I won't assume he is.

Had this been Logan or Sabertooth I would probably agree with your assessment. But Yuriko has proved that she has better h2h skills than those 2. I just don't see Goblin being able to pin her arms for too long unless he wants to settle for a stalemate.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well OP did say this was h2h, so no bombs included. Again I mention, bulletproof vest doesn't automatically mean slash/stab proof. Unless Goblin has specific feats showing he's slash/stab proof I won't assume he is.

Had this been Logan or Sabertooth I would probably agree with your assessment. But Yuriko has proved that she has better h2h skills than those 2. I just don't see Goblin being able to pin her arms for too long unless he wants to settle for a stalemate. Goblins armor isn't just a bullet proof vest or normal body armor. Its state of the art Oscorp battle armor designed to withstand the worst conditions and scenarios (pressures of flight on the glider, harsh temperaturs. etc...). The entire armored outfit is platted from head to toe. It wasn't even designed to be bulletproof. That was just an extra perk, so lets stop lumping it into the same category bulletproof armor. It makes more sense to compare it to mid-evil armor than some ballistics vest today. LDS hasn't shown the ability to cut through something like this.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Yuriko takes care of business... gobby was impaled by his own glider...... her adamantium long nails were fracking up logan, so pretty damn sure she shouldn;t have a problem slicing up gobby's armor..

hfSz0bQzZuM She just doesn't have the feats for this fight. She hasn't even shown that she could take a punch from a dude who carried a 15k lb cable car with one arm and stay conscious, so whats to stop Goblin from knocking her out? Wolvie got knocked out instantly from a tree swing, and twice from a bullet to the skull.

And cutting through flesh =/= Goblins armor

A girl with metal nails =/= a hundred pound rocket propelled glider moving 50 mph which was capable of supporting Goblins weight while he was holding the cable car no problem. Just imagine the force behind this thing.

She's not fast enough or strong enough to go toe to toe with a guy who fought Spidey.

ares834
Purely h2h? Deathstrike slices GG up.

Placidity
So does GGoblin get anything besides his suit?

TheVaultDweller
This is an interesting matchup. I am leaning towards the Goblin though.

Simply having indestructible claws doesn't necessarily mean that you can just instantly slice through anything. You still need to be strong enough to put enough force behind your blows. You would eventually cut through whatever you are going at, but it might take a few strikes/stabs. Goblin's armour is pretty damn durable. I have trouble seeing her simply slicing him to shreds.

Goblin has the physical stats to more than hold his own against Spiderman, so Deathstrike isn't going to be treating him like she did Logan. He should really be strong enough to KO her with one solid punch to the face, or physically dominate her completely if he wants to. I think he has a better shot of knocking her out than she does of scoring enough hits to put him down.

Robtard
She was about equal in strength to Logan, yeah?

Origins: Wolverine: Logan easily sliced through at least three inches of steel (door) when escaping the Alkali Lake facility.

So the question is: is Goblin's armour tougher than three solid inches of steel plating?

carver9
She appeared to be stronger than Logan to me.

FrothByte
I remember her knocking Wolverine around, so I'd say she's stronger.

Nibedicus
http://youtu.be/e4Hdubzs7kk

Def stronger. She was tossing him around (adamantium skeleton and all) like he was a ragdoll.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, watched the fight again yesterday and she is WAY stronger than Logan. That being said, the piercing/cutting power of adamantium is inconsistent as all hell. In one film it easily cuts through inches of steel and in another film every random schmuck is successfully blocking blows from it with their sword. Ok, that's somewhat of an exaggeration, but it does happen.

Still leaning towards Goblin, because I think he could knock her out before she puts him down, but it's a lot closer than I believed before. I just find him being able to go toe-to-toe with Spiderman (and consistently getting the upper hand/beating him to the punch) is a lot more impressive than throwing movie Logan around. Let's be honest, who hasn't thrown movie Logan around? In the few seconds Deathstrike kicked his ass in the prison scene, even Scott displayed better technique than Logan did.

Not trying to lowball Logan here. He will win a lot of fights based purely on determination, healing and damage soak, but let's not pretend that movie Logan is some kind of uber skilled, speed demon. So someone displaying better speed/agility etc. than him is not remotely as impressive to me as someone who was beating up on Spidey during most of their encounters.

Werewolf582
LDS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.