Does Goku know of Bardock's existence?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
In the Broly movie, Paragus regards Goku as "Bardock's son". I know it was non-canon, but my question is: Does Goku know of Bardock in canon?

bbrem123
yes frieza tells him.

Jmanghan
No, we see a flashback of it, I don't remember Frieza ever saying "Bardock" or even "Your father".

Jmanghan
Us seeing it, and it being directly said to Goku, are two entirely different things.

Ridley_Prime
I think Goku just didn't care when Frieza told him since he never got to know his real father like Vegeta did his.

Jmanghan
Can I have source to when Frieza told him? A scan?

bbrem123
frieza said he has seen goku's face before. Which follow with him remember Bardock.

Goku goes on to say he doesnt care about what he is saying.

Jmanghan
Does Frieza mention Bardock by name? By word? Cause if not, then no, Goku has no idea who Bardock is.

Jmanghan
Unless Goku read Frieza's mind.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Does Frieza mention Bardock by name? By word? Cause if not, then no, Goku has no idea who Bardock is. never by name no. He says that he fought somebody that looked exactly like Goku and that it was his father.

I think vegeta tells goku about his father in the saiyan saga though. He discovers how to turn into the great ape without the moon.

Jmanghan
You need to provide scans for this stuff, my friend, that or videos off youtube where Frieza literally says "Your father."

carver9
Lol...I don't think even Frieza knew Bardock by name. He was just another Saiyan to Frieza.

carver9
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You need to provide scans for this stuff, my friend, that or videos off youtube where Frieza literally says "Your father."

It was never mentioned. How would Frieza have known Goku was Bardock son?

Based
In the manga, Freeza looks at Goku and is reminded of Bardock but never said anything out loud. Goku doesn't know.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by carver9
It was never mentioned. How would Frieza have known Goku was Bardock son? That was in response to bbrem.

bbrem123
ahh I was going by anime. He said it out loud in anime.

Quincy
In the manga with the whole kuririn/son goku/freezer thing, Frieza sees Goku and thinks "He's familiar!" and then a flashback has narration says "Neither Freiza nor Goku was aware the the Saiyan Freiza recalled was "Burdock" the father of Son Goku."

Something like that.

Jmanghan
bump

AuraAngel
The answer is technically yes but he has long since forgotten due to his amnesia and growing up.

big juggy man
http://www.goodmanga.net/dragon_ball/chapter/307/7

Frieza didn't say it out loud. It just thought it to himself. He never said to Goku period that he killed his father or at least in the Manga. Vegeta never mentioned Bardock to Goku either. The poor English dub had Vegeta talking about Goku dad was a average fighter but a amazing scientist. But as I said that never took place in the Manga or Japanese version of the Anime.

So in canon Goku doesn't know anything about his dad. But I am assuming if he found his dad did care about him and so did his mom Goku still wouldn't really care.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.