The Media spin on Race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
The media calls Obama "The first Black President" because his father was black and mother was white.

However George Zimmerman is "White" but his mother is black and father is white.

This is is plain truth: The media and politicians are full of shit and people average america is dumb to it.

http://www.vice.com/read/george-zimmerman-is-not-white

http://womenintheology.org/2013/07/22/is-george-zimmerman-white-and-does-it-matter/

Lestov16
And what do you know, FOX News is the culprit. Thank you for continuing to expose their incompetence, TI smile

Marywasasl*t
Obama identifies himself as black. No Obama fan but he is the first black president. The reason I am not a fan of Obama is not because he is black, but because he is an American. :-)

Lek Kuen
In America people who are half black are normally considered black, especially if they are darker in skin tone. That isn't a media thing it's just how the culture is.

As for Zimmerman isn't he hispanic?

Edit: Actually looked into it Zimmeran has a white father and a mother who is south american with some black blood in her. So white hispanic is pretty accurate

Marywasasl*t
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
In America people who are half black are normally considered black, especially if they are darker in skin tone. That isn't a media thing it's just how the culture is.

As for Zimmerman isn't he hispanic? With the name "Zimmerman" the jew is obviously strong in that one.

Time Immemorial

StyleTime
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Next time I have to fill out a United States Census form, I’m going to list myself as “white Jewish black Native American,” or “Confused” for short."
They have mixed race options on the census.

Time Immemorial

Lestov16
So him being Hispanic lessens the fact that he murdered an unarmed teenager due to half-assed racial profiling?

Lek Kuen

Robtard
Yet most poeple think he is white in America, and Obama is black according to America, so why are people so easily confused?.

Because America has an ugly history of anyone with even a small portion of black ancestry as being labeled and considered "black" for all intents and purposes. This likely started in the slave days, where white owners would rape their black slaves and as a means of separating themselves from their illegitimate offspring, said offspring would be labeled "black" legally and thereby property.

StyleTime

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
The stuff about being mixed race is from the author of the article about himself, not zimmerman.

Zimmerman was called white but some people but most sources said Hispanic, which is accurate.

Where as obama is black as far as american culture is concerned.

I understand that the author was talking about himself, I am talking about why one person can be considered white, even though he has hispanic/black mixed ethnic, but how Obama, gets off being considered black being black/white. Its the way media has swayed public opinion.

Zimmerman ges depicted as white racist by media for terms of lyncing. If Zimmerman had had a Hispanic name, and had not been depicted as a white man, the story would not have even been news and not a damn person would care about it.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StyleTime
I was just solving one issue at a time is all.

The problem is, people don't understand that Hispanic isn't actually a race. You could be white/black/asian/whatever and still be Hispanic.

In the case of George Zimmerman, he could totally go through life passing for white, even if he had some non-white ancestry. "white Hispanic" is a fairly accurate term.

http://assets.vice.com/content-images/contentimage/no-slug/34876a0ea71974a03ea2186a275a5d1f.jpg

White?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StyleTime
I was just solving one issue at a time is all.

The problem is, people don't understand that Hispanic isn't actually a race. You could be white/black/asian/whatever and still be Hispanic.

In the case of George Zimmerman, he could totally go through life passing for white, even if he had some non-white ancestry. "white Hispanic" is a fairly accurate term.

Hispanic literally does not mean white, Hispanic is usually the term politically correct term for "Mexican." Hispanic is the farthest thing away from, black, white and asian. The problem is that there are only these in race terms according to the government.

White or Caucasian
Black or African American
Native American or Alaska Native
Asian
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

StyleTime
Hispanic literally does not mean white, Hispanic is usually the term politically correct term for "Mexican." Hispanic is the farthest thing away from, black, white and asian. The problem is that there are only these in race terms according to the government.

White or Caucasian
Black or African American
Native American or Alaska Native
Asian
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
Christina Millian, Alberto Fujimori, and Luis Sarmiento are all Hispanic. Fujimori was the President of Peru at one point, despite his purely Japanese ancestry.

http://s30.postimg.org/vy1v62r31/Christina_Millian.jpg-http://s30.postimg.org/dl19vigm5/fujimori1.jpg-http://s30.postimg.org/apo6oncm5/Luis_Carlos_Sarmiento.jpg

The Census defines Hispanic as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."
http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf

European conquest made South and Central America a pretty diverse place, despite the ****ed up history of colonialism.

jaden101
Remember the chart

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5LlMkNpmiZE/U2UqcWfp07I/AAAAAAAAATg/Y4DZ7v97BDs/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-05-03+at+13.34.10.png

Robtard

Time Immemorial
So explain how George was painted as white?

Omega Vision
What's your endgame here, TI?

jaden101
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Something that's Obama's fault probably.

Star428
Regardless of what race they actually are, Obama sure looks black to me and Zimmerman definitely looks more white than black.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Media gets away with lies and people openly accept it even bullshit.

Omega Vision
So basically you want to rant.

Robtard
So explain how George was painted as white?

Honestly don't recall ever thinking he was "white" but a Latino and I remember the very first days the media labeled him as "white", but that was likely due to media outlets trying to get a jump on the story and going with "Zimmerman = White". IIRC, he did look more Caucasian in the mug shots than he does as his fat tan court self.

So if your point is "the media isn't always correct". I wholeheartedly agree, just look at one of the largest purveyors of misinformation, Fox News.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Honestly don't recall ever thinking he was "white" but a Latino and I remember the very first days the media labeled him as "white", but that was likely due to media outlets trying to get a jump on the story and going with "Zimmerman = White". IIRC, he did look more Caucasian in the mug shots than he does as his fat tan court self.

So if your point is "the media isn't always correct". I wholeheartedly agree, just look at one of the largest purveyors of misinformation, Fox News.

Exactly they ran with white racist, people heard it and that was the end of it. MSNBC and CNN and ABC have their fair share of mis info as well as never showing both parts of a story.

Robtard
Exactly they ran with white racist, people heard it and that was the end of it. MSNBC and CNN and ABC have their fair share of mis info as well as never showing both parts of a story.

I don't recall the media saying "White Racist"(can you show proof?), do recall the media commenting on his 9/11 call and how it could be construed as a bigoted or racist comments towards black people.

But Zimmerman is a racist piece of shit who profiled a kid, stalked him and it ended up with that kid's death as we later learned.

dynamix
i've never considered that dude white. nor does anyone else i've discussed it with. I don't ever remember the controversy being about what he is more so than what he did.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Robtard
I don't recall the media saying "White Racist"(can you show proof?), do recall the media commenting on his 9/11 call and how it could be construed as a bigoted or racist comments towards black people.

But Zimmerman is a racist piece of shit who profiled a kid, stalked him and it ended up with that kid's death as we later learned. the Kid was a proven Thief (The Reason he was out late; he was suspended for having stolen property and burglars tools in his Locker).

He shouldn't have been sneaking around on people's lawns in the rain to begin with. Also lol Trayvon was completely covered up, in the dark, in the Rain... Zimmerman didn't know he was Black.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
the Kid was a proven Thief (The Reason he was out late; he was suspended for having stolen property and burglars tools in his Locker).

He shouldn't have been sneaking around on people's lawns in the rain to begin with. Also lol Trayvon was completely covered up, in the dark, in the Rain... Zimmerman didn't know he was Black.

That's an ad hominem attack and victim blaming. Doesn't matter what Martin did in the past. He was walking home with skittles. He had no right to die.

Robtard
the Kid was a proven Thief (The Reason he was out late; he was suspended for having stolen property and burglars tools in his Locker).

Proof? Cos he had candy on him at the time of his death.

Yeah, we all get it socker, you have a low opinion of Black people too.

Henry_Pym
That if he had school in the morning he wouldn't have been outside at 2am?

Typical deflection, nothing I said was even remotely racist but because you don't like it you start flaming. Grow a brain and then a spine and then make a rebuttal.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Lestov16
That's an ad hominem attack and victim blaming. Doesn't matter what Martin did in the past. He was walking home with skittles. He had no right to die. he assaulted someone...

Robtard
That if he had school in the morning he wouldn't have been outside at 2am?

Typical deflection, nothing I said was even remotely racist but because you don't like it you start flaming. Grow a brain and then a spine and then make a rebuttal.

So you don't actually have proof. Got it.

Typical cowardly racist getting made at being called a racist.

Surtur
To be honest I thought Zimmerman was hispanic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.