Thor with his axe vs Aquaman with his trident

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Unworthy Thor with his axe

Vs

Aquaman with his trident.

Melee combat only. No exotic abilities.

Fight in an arena with 3 feet deep water everywhere.

Round 1. First blood. First to wound opponent wins.

Round 2. To the death.

Sin I AM
Hmmmm.... probably stalemate

ShadowFyre
Has Aquaman got strength and durability upgrade?9

Supermutant
Good match, Thor outlasts.

StiltmanFTW
Aquarthur smashes Odinson's head with a starfish.

leonidas
no starfishes in the OP therefore thor wins.

ShadowFyre
I know Aquaman has been pretty impressive in.the NU52 but Thors damage soak is ridiculous. He will take that Trident to the gut on purpose just to close with him and it's over.

1.Aquaman, can't think of many mellee weapons better suited to scoring the first hit than a Trident or Spear, better range, can be used in a fast jabbing motion as opposed to Jarnborn which requires a longer sweeping motion and is much slower. And it's just a better defensive weapon as well. Aquaman 7/10

2. I'm giving Aquaman a lot of credit here by saying he even takes a single to the death match with the Odinson. Unless I'm missing something bout the Trident, (is this like his waterhands?) , Thor will one shot AQ every time with Jarnborn Odinson 9/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins. Superior stats across the board (Except maybe speed). Even if everything was equal his superior damage soak would win it. A trident thrust to the gut would slow him down. Thor's axe getting a similar hit on Aquaman however would end the fight.

This isn't even including lightning and shit that he still possesses.

Nibedicus
Round 1 is first blood tho.

Damborgson
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I know Aquaman has been pretty impressive in.the NU52 but Thors damage soak is ridiculous. He will take that Trident to the gut on purpose just to close with him and it's over.

1.Aquaman, can't think of many mellee weapons better suited to scoring the first hit than a Trident or Spear, better range, can be used in a fast jabbing motion as opposed to Jarnborn which requires a longer sweeping motion and is much slower. And it's just a better defensive weapon as well. Aquaman 7/10

2. I'm giving Aquaman a lot of credit here by saying he even takes a single to the death match with the Odinson. Unless I'm missing something bout the Trident, (is this like his waterhands?) , Thor will one shot AQ every time with Jarnborn Odinson 9/10.

Excellently put thumb up

-Pr-
Has being unworthy weakened him that much?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Has being unworthy weakened him that much?

No and yes. Authur isnt that far below Thor to begin with. But he seems to doubt himself more since he became unworthy

-Pr-
TBH, I would say standard Thor is a bit above of Aquaman. Not enough that Aquaman couldn't hurt him; just that he'd do far more damage than he'd receive.

Sin I AM
TBH, I would say standard Thor is a bit above of Aquaman. Not enough that Aquaman couldn't hurt him; just that he'd do far more damage than he'd receive.

I feel his recent push is enough to compete

emporerpants
Thor wins.

krisblaze
Close match.

If Thor can pull lightning-shenanigans then he can go for a strong majority, if not then maybe 6- 7/10

carver9
Originally posted by emporerpants
Thor wins.

celeyhyga17
Stomp for 2.. About even in 1 with edge to Thor.

Hasn't this been done before?

ShadowFyre
I've always thought of Aquaman to Supes as namor is to Thor/hulk etc., he can hang in there and give a good fight but as soon as they go all out, it's pretty much over. But apparently Arthur has gotten an upgrade.

celeyhyga17
Ah 3 feet deep water for scenario 1? AQ has the edge.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I've always thought of Aquaman to Supes as namor is to Thor/hulk etc., he can hang in there and give a good fight but as soon as they go all out, it's pretty much over. But apparently Arthur has gotten an upgrade.
Actually I think that's a pretty good comparison, assuming you're talking about pure physicality.

The old aquaman couldn't really hang with Supes AT ALL, but now he can take and give a few.

Surtur
Okay, so best consistent strength feats for Nu Aquaman? Best durability feats?

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze
Actually I think that's a pretty good comparison, assuming you're talking about pure physicality.

The old aquaman couldn't really hang with Supes AT ALL, but now he can take and give a few.

So the old Aquaman couldn't hang with Supes at all. But the current one..okay, let me ask you. Aquaman tries to replicate NU Supermans feat of bench pressing the weight of the planet. What do you feel happens when he tries to replicate it? Does he succeed?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Surtur
So the old Aquaman couldn't hang with Supes at all. But the current one..okay, let me ask you. Aquaman tries to replicate NU Supermans feat of bench pressing the weight of the planet. What do you feel happens when he tries to replicate it? Does he succeed?
He does not succeed.

No one succeeds in replicating Superman's feats.

They can still take and give a few....

Surtur
He does not succeed.

No one succeeds in replicating Superman's feats.

They can still take and give a few....

They can give a few...what? They can give a few punches on the same level? But, if Aquaman can't replicate the feat, how can he throw punches on the same level as Superman?

Also maybe I just imagined this, but I could of sworn I saw a feat of blood actually being drawn from Aquaman after him being shot with a gun. Not a crappy pistol or anything, but still..bullets drew blood. Am I wrong here? Am I thinking of something else? Could of sworn I saw the feat and that it happened after the Nu, as opposed to it being something that happened to the old version. Like I said, I could be wrong, and I kinda hope I am.

krisblaze
They can give a few...what? They can give a few punches on the same level? But, if Aquaman can't replicate the feat, how can he throw punches on the same level as Superman?

Also maybe I just imagined this, but I could of sworn I saw a feat of blood actually being drawn from Aquaman after him being shot with a gun. Not a crappy pistol or anything, but still..bullets drew blood. Am I wrong here? Am I thinking of something else? Could of sworn I saw the feat and that it happened after the Nu, as opposed to it being something that happened to the old version. Like I said, I could be wrong, and I kinda hope I am.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said that Aquaman could take a few punches and give a few punches, unlike the previous iteration who couldn't really affect Superman with his punches or take a single one.

It sounds like you haven't read a single phucking one of the new 52 comics where Aquaman appears.

That would be a good starting point if you're going to debate someone.

Surtur
Stop putting words in my mouth.

I flat out asked you what you meant by "can take and give a few". How strong do you feel Aquaman is in comparison to Superman? Half as strong? Less? More?

Er, okay so..the bullets drawing blood thing..I just imagined that?

krisblaze
I flat out asked you what you meant by "can take and give a few".
Okay.

In case it wasn't obvious, it meant punches.

Er, okay so..the bullets drawing blood thing..I just imagined that?
No.

Though you have seemingly forgotten his fight with Wonder-Woman or other feats...

Or him actually punching Superman...

Surtur
So then you feel the bullet showing is just..well, nonsense then? Doesn't count?

I'm also asking how strong you feel he is compared to Superman? You'd think he'd have to be decently close to his level to make Supes notice his hits, yes?

So maybe bench pressing the planet is a no go. Okay, Aquaman attempts the same thing with our moon, what happens?

celeyhyga17
AQ can hang with the bigs for a bit. Things like benching virtual earth weight is a high end feat and should not be considered an average.

As for this thread, AQ is still severely outmatched. In a real fight, he gets wrecked every single time.

Sin I AM
So then you feel the bullet showing is just..well, nonsense then? Doesn't count?

I'm also asking how strong you feel he is compared to Superman? You'd think he'd have to be decently close to his level to make Supes notice his hits, yes?

So maybe bench pressing the planet is a no go. Okay, Aquaman attempts the same thing with our moon, what happens?

What Kris is saying is that you're lowballing or simply haven't read any nu aquaman to ask such a question

carver9
Does anyone have that scan of Aquaman being called one of the most powerful being in the OMNIverse. That's if we are clinging to high fts.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Does anyone have that scan of Aquaman being called one of the most powerful being in the OMNIverse. That's if we are clinging to high fts.
That's wouldn't really be a feat.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9

Who's clinging to high feats

ShadowFyre
I don't see anyone really clinging to feats. And yes I am referring to pure physical ability.

I think most agree, round 2 is pretty much Thor all day, even if we used Arthur's high and the Odinsons avg.

But unless he throws Jarnborn at ftl or it just cleaved straight through the Trident I don't see him taking very many of round 1 at all.

krisblaze
Thor destroys Aquaman in stayability and stamina showings, but with the trident and jarnbjorn, do people really see this lasting that long?

First-blood is a tossup.

Second fight should favour Thor but given how insanely aggressive he's fighting with the axe I have a hard time imagining the fight lasting very long, in other words, his stayability and stamina advantage won't come into play.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Are the two aware of the first blood rule in the first round? If so, Thor has a long distance attack that could potentially one-shot Aquaman (Lightning).

And I don't if Arthur has done it but Thor has thrown his axe with impressive accuracy and force a few times now.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Ah 3 feet deep water for scenario 1? AQ has the edge.

Why would 3 feet of water give him the edge?

Not sure what kind of advantage that lends him.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Are the two aware of the first blood rule in the first round? If so, Thor has a long distance attack that could potentially one-shot Aquaman (Lightning).

Both aware. But melee combat only.

Basically put round 1 as a test of skill/speed and round 2 as total combat ability.

celeyhyga17

And I don't if Arthur has done it but Thor has thrown his axe with impressive accuracy and force a few times now.

Why would 3 feet of water give him the edge?

Not sure what kind of advantage that lends him. Maneuverability probably. Dude will swim circles and shiet. Lol.
At least the only thing i can come up with.

Nibedicus
Maneuverability probably. Dude will swim circles and shiet. Lol.
At least the only thing i can come up with.

Yeah, put it there so Aquaman is allowed a bit of maneuvering room.

-Pr-
I don't agree lightning would one-shot Aquaman, tbh. Yes, there was that "special" lightning a while back, but that was powerful enough to put down people like Superman too.

Three feet of water will help boost Aquaman, but that's it really.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't agree lightning would one-shot Aquaman, tbh. Yes, there was that "special" lightning a while back, but that was powerful enough to put down people like Superman too.

That would be a good point if the power of Thor's lightning was limited to regular lightning. His lightning has taken out people way more powerful than Arthur.

krisblaze
I think Thor's more skilled, but he's got an axe against a phucking trident.

-Pr-
That would be a good point if the power of Thor's lightning was limited to regular lightning. His lightning has taken out people way more powerful than Arthur.

Even with a regular, non-amped shot?

I'd be curious to see what kinds of people have taken hits and kept going too.

and I thought this Thor was depowered some?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Maneuverability probably. Dude will swim circles and shiet. Lol.
At least the only thing i can come up with. Originally posted by Nibedicus
Yeah, put it there so Aquaman is allowed a bit of maneuvering room.

That will be helpful for running away? Not really sure lol.

And we saw recently in Aaron's run that Thor can fight underwater without any hindrance, although that was with Mjolnir. Although he did it again in the Thor Annual, but it wasn't much and not against beings anywhere as agile as Arthur.

Whatever, Thor swallows the 3 feet of water:
http://s3.postimg.org/c7jg4axov/Angela_Asgard_s_Assassin_004_002.jpg http://s3.postimg.org/jc19dc4y7/Angela_Asgard_s_Assassin_004_003.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even with a regular, non-amped shot?

I'd be curious to see what kinds of people have taken hits and kept going too.

and I thought this Thor was depowered some?

Yup.

Loki tanked it when he became Worthy and that was specifically attributed to him getting the powers of Thor:
http://s23.postimg.org/5xml8si1z/Loki_Agent_of_Asgard_009_017.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/iqap8ptnr/Loki_Agent_of_Asgard_009_018.jpg

He's lost the extra powers he gained with Mjolnir but he has his weather powers and all his physical capabilities. He's still a solid heavy hitter and hasn't actually lost much stock.

celeyhyga17
That will be helpful for running away? Not really sure lol.

And we saw recently in Aaron's run that Thor can fight underwater without any hindrance, although that was with Mjolnir. Although he did it again in the Thor Annual, but it wasn't much and not against beings anywhere as agile as Arthur.

Whatever, Thor swallows the 3 feet of water:
http://s3.postimg.org/c7jg4axov/Angela_Asgard_s_Assassin_004_002.jpg http://s3.postimg.org/jc19dc4y7/Angela_Asgard_s_Assassin_004_003.jpg
What are these scans for?

Time Immemorial
Aqua has the advantage in both being water, and the speed.

Wins in both.

celeyhyga17
What are these scans for?
Oh wait nvm.
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Wins in both.
hysterical

-Pr-
Yup.

Loki tanked it when he became Worthy and that was specifically attributed to him getting the powers of Thor:
http://s23.postimg.org/5xml8si1z/Loki_Agent_of_Asgard_009_017.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/iqap8ptnr/Loki_Agent_of_Asgard_009_018.jpg

He's lost the extra powers he gained with Mjolnir but he has his weather powers and all his physical capabilities. He's still a solid heavy hitter and hasn't actually lost much stock.

Ah okay. Maybe then.

Wins in both.

Three feet isn't the ****ing ocean.

To be fair, Aquaman's always been durable, and pretty strong. He's just not had his strength showcased to this extent before; not since COIE anyway.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I feel his recent push is enough to compete

Compete enough to hurt Thor? Sure. Enough to win, though? Not imo.

He relies more in his physical stats than say, Diana does, and in that he's still a level or two behind Superman imo.

Time Immemorial
Ah okay. Maybe then.

Three feet isn't the ****ing ocean.

rolling on floor laughing

You say boost, I say advantage. We from different places, but pizza is a universally accepted.

-Pr-
rolling on floor laughing

You say boost, I say advantage. We from different places, but pizza is a universally accepted.

It boosts his stats, yes. That's about it. Arguing that they'd make him beat Thor is another thing entirely.

Time Immemorial
It boosts his stats, yes. That's about it. Arguing that they'd make him beat Thor is another thing entirely.

Vs

Round 2. To the death.

Going over OP closely,

Unworthy Thor...vs

Melee combat, no exotic abilties

Aqua has a better weapon, fast, has a boost.

To me he wins.

-Pr-

Vs

Round 2. To the death.

Going over OP closely,

Unworthy Thor...vs

To me he wins.

okay, to be fair, I didn't read the op.

He might have a chance, depending on Thor's newer, weaker stats.

celeyhyga17

Vs

Round 2. To the death.

Going over OP closely,

Unworthy Thor...vs

To me he wins.
Scenario 2 he gets murdered.
AQ that is.

krisblaze
To be fair, Aquaman's always been durable, and pretty strong. He's just not had his strength showcased to this extent before; not since COIE anyway.

I agree, he's always been good at taking it.

Not so good at giving it.

shifty

-Pr-

shifty

Mother****er.

Prof. T.C McAbe

shifty

laughing out loud

zom1967
Wow I can`t even think of any scenario where Aquaman beats Thor He dosen`t even need the axe.He only needs to clap his hands together once,and Aquaman,his sea horse,his little buddie(can`t even remember his name?)His fish friends would all be ko`d and many miles away.You might as well have Galactus vs Dare Devil!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zom1967
His fish friends

confused

Aquaman has no friends. Not even among fish.

http://i59.tinypic.com/so8lkx.gif

carver9
Thor wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.