Star Wars Rebels is better then Star Wars the clone wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RexCloneWarsMVS
I think Star Wars rebels might become better then the clone wars really soon, well fist off Star Wars rebels season 1 was way better then the first 3 seasons of Star Wars the clone wars, it took about 3 seasons and half of season 4 for the clone wars to be great, it took rebels 2 episodes to beat the shit out of season 1 2 3 and half of season 4 of TCW, season 2 looks really promising considering we have ahsoka and vader, and maybe Cade, boba, and rex in later episodes of this season, the characters are also WAY better then the cast of TCW, in the first 3 seasons, Anakin was a care free idiot with no sign of his corruption, ahsoka was a whiny annoying little ****, obi wan was arrogant and all he did was say dumb banter to Grievous, Ventress, and satine In the first 3 seasons, Captain Rex was basically a droid with no emotion that barely talked in the first several seasons, and all the characters were 2 dimension kids show idiots, in rebels, everyone has a good personality and a good story, as well as a very good love relationship heheh ❤️❤️Ezra and Sabine❤️❤️ The animation is also INCREDIBLY better as well as the graphics, in the clone wars everyone looked like some blocky action figure and in the 1st season the animation looked like a halfassed youtube Star Wars stopmotion, the villains are also way better (ahem, inquisitor, kallus, Tarkin) in the first season of rebels then season 1 2 and 3 of TCW.

NewGuy01
Nah, late TCW animation was vastly better, just look at the last episode of Season 6.

It has potential, but it's much more restricted than TCW just because of the timeframe really.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah, late TCW animation was vastly better, just look at the last episode of Season 6.

It has potential, but it's much more restricted than TCW just because of the timeframe really. I'm talking about the first 3 seasons of TCW bro.

NewGuy01
Ah yeah, I wasn't fond of the first three seasons either. It had it's moments, but so far Rebels has had a better start for the most part.

ares834
I'd agree Rebels > TCW.

|King Joker|
Later seasons of TCW is clearly superior to Rebels, but I'd agree Rebels is > the first couple seasons of TCW.

ares834
Nope. Rebels > Any season of TCW.

TCW had some great episodes/arcs, some admittedly better than anything Rebels has done so far. But the disjointed nature of the show and the bad arcs (and every season had some absolutely terrible arcs) makes it a weaker show.

|King Joker|
I disagree. I personally didn't mind the arc format. It gave us the ability to focus on different characters and the other goings on during the Clone Wars. It's just a matter of preference, really.

Season 3 and 4 of TCW are easily better seasons than season 1 of Rebels. Easily. The only really bad arcs/episodes of season 4 was that stupid R2/3PO episodes where they travel around or whatever. The Mon Cala arc was mediocre at worst. And I don't really remember any really bad episodes in Season 3 of TCW. Compare to Rebels, the whole half season of season 1 was mediocre, at least in my opinion.

I'll concede that the first half of Season 5 of TCW kinda sucked, though.

ares834
Season 3 was awful... The Mandalore arc, the Padme arc, and the Mortis arc (first episode was bad ass the other two sucked). Not to mention a few of the single episodes were pretty bad like Supply Lines. The Savage arc was admittedly great and the Citadel arc was fun but the rest was pretty bad.

Season 4 was decent but yeah it had some horrible arcs as well like Mon Cala and the droid arc along and the rest were pretty much middling. I also hated that first episode of the Maul arc. Absolute trash.

FreshestSlice
On a completely unrelated note, is this who I think it is? If so, wb.

RexCloneWarsMVS
I agree that each season had horrible and amazing story arcs, like the umbara arc in season 4 (amazing) the ahsoka arc in season 5 (amazing) the mortis arc (season 3) the geonosis arc (season 2) and cloak of darkness from season 1, and the fives arc from season 6. But the season finale of Star Wars rebels and "path of the jedi" beat every single episode the clone wars ever had

|King Joker|
I don't see how the Mandalore arc or the Padme arcs were terrible. They weren't great either, but I think they were nice. For me, the first two Mortis episodes were really good, but the third one was pretty lame. Supply Lines was forgettable, though, yeah. I think season 3 all around was good for the most part. I don't think any of the episodes were terrible.

The Mon Cala arc was a bit boring, and the droid arc was just flat out bad. Whoever wrote that episode deserves to be set aflame.

The Umbara arc, Kadavo slave arc, the Obi-Wan/Bounty Hunter arc completely blows anything we've seen from Rebels out of the water, though. The Umbara arc particularly.

ares834
Umbara was great, yes. But I wasn't blow away by the other two though. In fact, I'm kinda fuzzy on both suggesting they were merely decent or, at best, good.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't see how the Mandalore arc or the Padme arcs were terrible. They weren't great either, but I think they were nice. For me, the first two Mortis episodes were really good, but the third one was pretty lame. Supply Lines was forgettable, though, yeah. I think season 3 all around was good for the most part. I don't think any of the episodes were terrible.

The Mon Cala arc was a bit boring, and the droid arc was just flat out bad. Whoever wrote that episode deserves to be set aflame.

The Umbara arc, Kadavo slave arc, the Obi-Wan/Bounty Hunter arc completely blows anything we've seen from Rebels out of the water, though. The Umbara arc particularly. rebels will NEVER get as good as the umbara storyline, probably not even the geonosis storyline

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
On a completely unrelated note, is this who I think it is? If so, wb.

That's what I was thinking too.

Revanchiste
Rebels do less worse things but in my opinion it's not doing so great...
TWC was pointlless in devlopping them or make the story evolve.. That's insulting when you know than they had more time than the microseries and then the micro series did more with less dialogs retcons etc....
The action scene still fun.. But that's all.. And damn the show could be even better if it wasn't canon !!! I've contacted a crittic, he give TWC 2008 5/10.....
With Rebels the only thing great about it is the character... But this a rip off... So... No creativity here...

WildBantha88
guys you realize that they are made by the exact same people. Saying that "Rebels animation is better than TCW" is redundant because it is literally the same animation team and to be frank if there is a difference in animation its so small that its hardly noticable

Revanchiste
Yep same guys....
There is a difference at the begining Rebels have this old RPG style at the begining.... There is less action and les mistakes.....

We cannot congrat them for the character dev.. Coz ---> Ripp off...
Al the good point of the series came from the novel....

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88
guys you realize that they are made by the exact same people. Saying that "Rebels animation is better than TCW" is redundant because it is literally the same animation team and to be frank if there is a difference in animation its so small that its hardly noticable

Are you kidding me right now?

https://thewookieegunner.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-the-clone-wars-star-wars-rebels.png

No difference at all.

ares834
Wow. Obi-Wan looks way better in Rebels. Too bad the rest of the animations wasn't always on par with that (those damn Wookiees...).

Fated Xtasy
Like Newguy said. Rebels is restricted by its timeline, because of the lack of info on the Order and who it's prominent members are. We simply don't know if Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka are the last of the jedi or one of many.

Personally I'd like to see them switch from Kanan's rebels pov to Ahsoka's and Bail's pov, just to keep things fresh. Plus who doesn't want to see Ahsoka fight Vader while Bail escapes as she gives her life heroically and Joker orgasms and explodes in delight?

It may not be as good as TCW as a whole,but, it is better than a few episodes of TCW's later seasons. Imo

NewGuy01
Sadly he looks better primarily because he's not in person; while the holo-com's texture disguises this, something that really bothers me about Rebels animation is that nothing has any texture.

Robes, skin, rocks, everything is as smooth and static as a baby's ass.

|King Joker|
thumb up

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Personally I'd like to see them switch from Kanan's rebels pov to Ahsoka's and Bail's pov, just to keep things fresh.

I'd love it if they did that. Open up the scope of the show. After all it's called Star Wars Rebels, not Star Wars Kanan.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sadly he looks better primarily because he's not in person; while the holo-com's texture disguises this, something that really bothers me about Rebels animation is that nothing has any texture.

Robes, skin, rocks, everything is as smooth and static as a baby's ass.

thumb up

The_Tempest
Rebels has more consistent quality than TCW. From what I've seen, there haven't been any utterly atrocious episodes. {TCW had a handful.}

But peak!TCW >>> peak!Rebels.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Rebels has more consistent quality than TCW. From what I've seen, there haven't been any utterly atrocious episodes. {TCW had a handful.}

But peak!TCW >>> peak!Rebels. hope your joking about that one, have you seen fighter flight?

Revanchiste
Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
hope your joking about that one, have you seen fighter flight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGl6r5tQYPM

I love XWA love it so much...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.