Loki vs Hellboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Hand 2 Hand

meep-meep
Hellboy. Loki would would give him hell though.

FrothByte
Loki. Hellboy would give him hell though.

Kazenji
Hellboy.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by meep-meep
Hellboy. Loki would would give him hell though.
Originally posted by FrothByte
Loki. Hellboy would give him hell though.

Looks like a split decision here.

Lestov16
Think I'll go with Loki here. He seemed more durable IIRC.

Henry_Pym
Loki has like no scenes of H2H screen time... Hard to judge

Full gear Loki stomps.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Full gear Loki stomps.

He has little H2H but lets not kid ourselves. If he had no strength other then when he had his scepter and gungir, he would not be able to throw Thor or Captain around because he was holding a spear.

Flyattractor
Hellboy took a floor slam pounding before Loki did in Avengers and he didn't moan like a little *****.

Hellboy puts that big stone fist down Loki's throat.

HB wins

Silent Master
I don't recall Hellboy ever being slammed in the ground multiple times by someone with Hulk level strength...can you post the clip?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
I don't recall Hellboy ever being slammed in the ground multiple times by someone with Hulk level strength...can you post the clip?

I think he is talking about Sammael which was weak sauce compared to Hulk.

Flyattractor
No I am talking about the monster god at the end of the movie. The Odgru Jahad. It pounded Hellboy like Hulk did Loki. Its where Whedon stole ...I mean BORROWED the idea from.

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No I am talking about the monster god at the end of the movie. The Odgru Jahad. It pounded Hellboy like Hulk did Loki. Its where Whedon stole ...I mean BORROWED the idea from. You think Hellboy was the first to do that?

They probably got it from comics.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
You think Hellboy was the first to do that?

They probably got it from comics.

First time I saw it in a live Acton movie.

Silent Master
AOWR0CfMUZE

FrothByte
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Full gear Loki stomps.

Well pretty much all of his fights were melee based, so although they weren't h2h I think it's safe to assume that he's a skilled combatant. IMO a more skilled fighter than Hellboy. I still fail to see how exactly Hellboy kept up with Nuada.

TheVaultDweller
Well pretty much all of his fights were melee based, so although they weren't h2h I think it's safe to assume that he's a skilled combatant. IMO a more skilled fighter than Hellboy. I still fail to see how exactly Hellboy kept up with Nuada.

Hellboy barely managed to keep up with Nuada during some of their final fight. He mostly just tanked Nuada's attacks while landing a handful in return (good thing for him his own attacks pack a lot of punch). And in their first encounter Nuada pushed his shit in completely.

Loki certainly has the edge in both durability and is vastly more experienced (based on the timeline, both he and Thor are over a 1000 years old). Both have shown a decent level of combat skill. However, I think Hellboy would have to land repeated blows with his Hand of Doom to seriously hurt Loki, where as Loki should have a much easier time of hurting Hellboy. So leaning towards Loki on this one.

Q99
Hellboy was actively blocking a fair number of Nuada's moves.

And the nazi assassin in movie 1 really couldn't get past him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Q99
Hellboy was actively blocking a fair number of Nuada's moves.

And the nazi assassin in movie 1 really couldn't get past him.

That's because he was using his big stone arm to block most of the hits. It's not like it was due to him ducking and dodging all the blows.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't see many scenarios where Loki could best hellboy.
I suppose if Loki has his frost abilities he may have some chance
In a h2h fight against hellboy. Otherwise there is no rational argument that could be made in lokis defense.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
In a h2h fight against hellboy. Otherwise there is no rational argument that could be made in lokis defense.

His speed, agility and durability coupled with other Asgardian and Frost giant showings makes it debatable.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
His speed, agility and durability coupled with other Asgardian and Frost giant showings makes it debatable.

I'll give you the frost giant feats. However I never saw any significant showings of agility, speed or strength. The only times we saw him engaging
In battle without the teaseract or the realization of his frost abilities
He was cowering behind the competent warriors and relied solely on his
Tricks of illusion. He's never bested any one in Battle using his hand to hand skills or even posed a threat when using them

Silent Master
He caught Hawkeye's arrow.

Time Immemorial
I'll give you the frost giant feats. However I never saw any significant showings of agility, speed or strength. The only times we saw him engaging
Tricks of illusion. He's never bested any one in Battle using his hand to hand skills or even posed a threat when using them

Ironman cheap shotted him and it was his plan all along to be captured.

Both times Hulk hit him he was not even trying to defend or engage.

When he takes on Thor he does pretty damn well all things considered.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

When he takes on Thor he does pretty damn well all things considered.

He stabbed Thor and he still got beaten down by him in Avengers erm

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by steverules_2
He stabbed Thor and he still got beaten down by him in Avengers erm

"All things considered.." wink

FrothByte

Cowering behind competent warriors? He was taking on his own share of Frost giants when Thor and the others engaged them in melee. He was fast enough to catch Hawkeye's arrow and keep up with Cap. He was also able to give Thor a good enough fight. He's proved to be bullet proof as well. I don't see Hellboy replicating many of those feats.

carver9
Lol...Hellboy stomps.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Hellboy stomps.

Yea he is easily as strong as the Hulk so, I think you might be right.

meep-meep

There's definitely an argument to made on Lokis' behalf. Hellboy would have been equally dominated by Hulk. I still think he'd beat Loki h2h though.

AncientPower
Loki can face Thor, Captain America, six Dark Elves at once and Frost Giants in close combat. I see no reason to believe he can't take Hellboy.

One feat everyone forgets is that Loki was quite clearly extensively tortured by either the Chituari or Thanos before he arrived on Earth and he still laughably stomped S.H.I.E.L.D Agents directly after.

Can we also really ignore the fact that Loki seemed to be practically unharmed shortly after Hulk's god-stomping him.

FrothByte
Loki is bulletproof. As far as I know Hellboy isn't. That has to count for something.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by AncientPower
Loki can face Thor, Captain America, six Dark Elves at once and Frost Giants in close combat. I see no reason to believe he can't take Hellboy.

One feat everyone forgets is that Loki was quite clearly extensively tortured by either the Chituari or Thanos before he arrived on Earth and he still laughably stomped S.H.I.E.L.D Agents directly after.

Can we also really ignore the fact that Loki seemed to be practically unharmed shortly after Hulk's god-stomping him.

He did look pretty fcked up after coming through that portal, but what makes you think he was tortured?

AncientPower
The numerous times what's-his-face threatened he would 'beg for something as sweet as pain'. He also didn't really seem to believe his justifications for joining Thanos. I'd guess after a lot of torture and being shown the power of the Infinity gems was what finally turned him over, that and the promise of Midgar.

Time Immemorial
The numerous times what's-his-face threatened he would 'beg for something as sweet as pain'. He also didn't really seem to believe his justifications for joining Thanos. I'd guess after a lot of torture and being shown the power of the Infinity gems was what finally turned him over, that and the promise of Midgar.

From what I thought, Loki tells Thanos about the cosmic cube, I don't know why Thanos would torture him honestly, would Loki would turn himself over to be tortured but who knows, maybe he did since he knew he could take it.

AncientPower
Doesn't Thanos already know where the gems are?

Time Immemorial
Doesn't Thanos already know where the gems are?

Pretty sure he knows where they are and how to get them. He's a master planner and he's got people like Lady Sif and Volstagg bringing them to his people the collector. He does acquire them all eventually.

AncientPower
Well I'm nothing like a lore master concerning Marvel. I just assumed the 'pain' that Thanos' now very dead 'assistant' was referring to were the past tence. It makes sense because who else beat the crap out of him?

Time Immemorial
Well I'm nothing like a lore master concerning Marvel. I just assumed the 'pain' that Thanos' now very dead 'assistant' was referring to were the past tence. It makes sense because who else beat the crap out of him?

Well Ronin killed that Chitari guy without so much as a slap on the hand from Thanos, do you really think Loki was tortured? I see your point on the the begging for death part though. Honestly I thought he looked all worn out from traveling through that portal, or maybe he escaped from being tortured.

Tattoos N Scars
Probably a stalemate here. Even with hand of doom, Hellboy isn't punching as hard as Hulk or Thor. I don't think HB can KO Loki. I doubt Loki could KO HB either, so stalemate.

FrothByte

Hellboy's stone fist is strong enough to keep up with Loki, but the rest of his body isn't. Loki's entire body is a lot stronger than Hellboy. Asgardians can easily push around cars. I don't see Hellboy being strong enough to do that if not for his stonefist.

jinXed by JaNx
Hellboy's stone fist is strong enough to keep up with Loki, but the rest of his body isn't. Loki's entire body is a lot stronger than Hellboy. Asgardians can easily push around cars. I don't see Hellboy being strong enough to do that if not for his stonefist.

Other than his durability i never saw loki do anything that suggests his strength is capable of doing so. The only amazing feat that loki displayed was his reflexes which allowed him to catch hawkeyes arrow. Loki NEVER displayed anykind of significant strength capabilities.

Not only has Hellboy displayed incredible physical feats in durability, but he has also proven amazing feats of strength and agility. Loki was bested by a human being at peak physical condition (Captain America) Cap proved that he was enough to demand the focus of, Loki. Lokis ONLY strengths come from his abilities to misdirect and manipulate. These abilities are NOT enough to overcome HELLBOYS endurance and strength.
The only reason, Loki is such a threat to Thor is because of their close relationship. Hellboy will easily tank whatever miniscule physical attacks that Loki has to offer and then drop his hand of doom on his skull and crush it. There is NOTHING in the movies that proves otherwise, unless, Loki has the Tesseract.

Mindset
Other than his durability i never saw loki do anything that suggests his strength is capable of doing so. The only amazing feat that loki displayed was his reflexes which allowed him to catch hawkeyes arrow. Loki NEVER displayed anykind of significant strength capabilities.
Did you not see him making Cap his *****?

FrothByte

Not only has Hellboy displayed incredible physical feats in durability, but he has also proven amazing feats of strength and agility. Loki was bested by a human being at peak physical condition (Captain America) Cap proved that he was enough to demand the focus of, Loki. Lokis ONLY strengths come from his abilities to misdirect and manipulate. These abilities are NOT enough to overcome HELLBOYS endurance and strength.
The only reason, Loki is such a threat to Thor is because of their close relationship. Hellboy will easily tank whatever miniscule physical attacks that Loki has to offer and then drop his hand of doom on his skull and crush it. There is NOTHING in the movies that proves otherwise, unless, Loki has the Tesseract.

Err... I think you need to rewatch the Avengers. Loki easily got the upper hand on Cap. Not sure where you're getting the "Loki was bested by a human being at peak physical condition". Asgardians (even farmers) are also all strong enough to easily push over cars. As I said, I don't think Hellboy possesses this kind of strength other than his stone fist. Then there's the fact that Loki was trading and blocking blows from Thor, which proves that he's at least within a similar strength range.

Loki has also proved bulletproof. I don't recall Hellboy ever being bullet proof.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Mindset
Did you not see him making Cap his *****?

I don't think he watched the movie..which is sad, as it was a fairly good movie.

Time Immemorial

How does one kick Captain America around like cannon fodder not qualify as
"NEVER displayed anykind of significant strength capabilities."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.