What do you guys think about the new look in DC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Major character design overhaul post-Convergence.

- Superman looks like an average dude wearing an undersized t-shirt with the Superman logo stamped on it.
He doesn't look anything special.
- Diana's gone PG. Her clothes are now less revealing. She's covered with some armor plates here and there.
- Hal Jordan's become a superpowered, gauntlet-wearing hobo.

What do you guys think about the new look?

One_Angry_Scot
Superman looks similar to a skinhead.

Diana looks relatively fine. Don't see a huge problem with her clothes. Perhaps these odd blades that protrude from near her fists could be removed but besides from that it isn't terrible.

-Pr-
Mostly shit, imo.

Golgo13
Superman basically looks like Superboy. I like WW, but she needs to lose the blades.

The best part of DC post Convergence is the diversity and creative freedom people will now have. A lot of good stuff coming.

BruceSkywalker
iron batman looks decent..

diana looks good..

hal looks okay..

supes looks terrible

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman basically looks like Superboy. I like WW, but she needs to lose the blades.

The best part of DC post Convergence is the diversity and creative freedom people will now have. A lot of good stuff coming.

Creative freedom is only good if they use it properly.

Galan007
Flash looks pretty badass. Every other design is shit. thumb up

krisblaze
Flash and GA look the same.

Supes is shit.

Wonder Woman is average-ish

Batman is shit.

Green Lantern is an okay design, but a terrible fit for the character.

Who else is changing?

Q99
Batman looks like either A) A more mecha version of Blue Beetle, or B) Robo Tick.

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

Diana looks relatively fine. Don't see a huge problem with her clothes. Perhaps these odd blades that protrude from near her fists could be removed but besides from that it isn't terrible.

Yea, the blades are... not great, she's not Wolverine.

I could take or leave the pauldrons, and I think the colors could be a bit brighter, but I think the return of the gold (seriously, why did the previous costume designer think replacing all of it with silver was good?), and the skirt-over pants look works.

The blades are the only thing preventing me from giving it an A.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by krisblaze
Flash and GA look the same.

Supes is shit.

Wonder Woman is average-ish

Batman is shit.

Green Lantern is an okay design, but a terrible fit for the character.

Who else is changing?
There will be a group of Robins, which looks to me like a racially-diverse rebel group.
Won't be surprised if each has his own fighting style based on his cultural background.
They will probably be the rival faction of the Harley Quinns.

Batgirl looks the same.

Sinestro looks the same.

Grayson looks like a businessman wielding two batons.

Joker's rumored to be some kind of immortal monster.

Q99
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Joker's rumored to be some kind of immortal monster.

Which kinda fits, his body count is so high that they *treat* him like one.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Mostly shit, imo.

thumb up

And Wonder Woman needs to be naked, not fully dressed ffs.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I liked the new costumes they made for the New52, they were modern but close enough to the originals. What they are doing now is complete BS imvho. Make it an Elseworld story or something but once they go this way I am done buying DC comics. Those designs are not appealing to me.

Marvel lost me already some years ago, now DC, I need to find another Superhero comic Universe...

kevdude
Some of its alright and then some of its crappy (from what I see right now)..

ares834
Superman's has grown on me. Just wish he had longer hair and a cape like Morrison's costume.

Batman's looks cool (aside from the binny eras) but absolutely horrible for a Batman costume.

Wonder Woman's is bad in pretty much every way.

Existere
Wonder Woman's costume is just way too busy. Too much going on, too many stars, blades, and unnecessary add-ons. She can have an outfit that's not revealing while still looking polished.

Superman, I actually like more than Diana or Bats. I mean, I like that it's regular, Joe-schmoe, working class. I always feel ehhhhh about Superman redesigns that involve a high collar, or cape/logo emphasis that makes him feel superior, and this is pretty much the opposite of that.... I guess it's just too simple to really feel emblematic.

Batman looks like Bumblebee went through a Donnie Darko phase. There's not even a bat involved. Pffft.

Flash looks cool.

Green Lantern does look a little homeless... but I think I could get into it, with the right story behind it.

StyleTime
I really like Wonder Woman's outfit, although I had grown to like the silver scheme too. If they have to keep those stupid blade things, I hope they are retractable so we don't have to see them much. The blades screw up her costume the same way Carol Danvers's dumb helmet thing ruins hers.

I am willing to give Superman's outfit a try.

Batman's is cheesy. Straight up.

Green Lantern's gauntlet thing is lame.

Flash's is pretty good.

Mindship
Wonder Woman: thumb up thumb up thumb up

Superman: thumb down thumb down

Batman: thumb down

Haven't seen the others yet.

Damborgson
Superman is meh. Not very super.

Wonder woman is fine strictly speaking, but I'd prefer she stay naked.

Batman looks like utter shit.

Endless Mike
I honestly gave up on DC a few years ago. They just don't make anything good anymore. I might reread a bunch of Pre-Crisis and Pre-Reboot DC comics but **** the new stuff.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I honestly gave up on DC a few years ago. They just don't make anything good anymore. I might reread a bunch of Pre-Crisis and Pre-Reboot DC comics but **** the new stuff.

You must have missed books like Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Grayson, Detective Comics, I Vampire, OMAC, etc... DC has a bunch of good stuff.

Endless Mike
I kept up with their New 52 line for a while but honestly it just got painful due to all of the bad decisions they made. I don't particularly feel like sifting through a mountain of shit to find a few tarnished gems.

Golgo13
You should really check out the small books, then, because most of the bad decisions are from the mainstream line, but even the mainstream line has a bunch of good stuff.

I enjoyed the Green Lantern line a lot and the Batman line is stacked with awesome stuff. Gotham Academy, Grayson, Gotham By Midnight, and Snyder's Batman have all gotten praised/soilid reviews.

To say DC doesn't come out with anything good is criminal.

There is also Multiversity, which was one of the years best.

Endless Mike
GL and Batman were some of my favorites but eventually I just couldn't find myself caring about the storylines anymore. I quit way before Multiversity came out.

Golgo13
They got a new team for Detective. Same one as Flash and it's been pretty nice. It may not be your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it's a bad book.

I forgot about Godhead. That was one of the better Green Lantern events in a loooong time.

Existere
^ Plus, look what great customer service DC has.

They even respond directly to your posts with a PR agent to turn your impressions around.

Golgo13
Alright then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.