Poll: which is better? Clone wars 2003, clone wars 2008 or Star Wars rebels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RexCloneWarsMVS
What is your opinion? Mine is TCW > CW > rebels

NewGuy01
TCW was certainly the best.

Tzeentch
2003 Clone Wars had a competent Grievous and droids that didn't talk. It wins.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
TCW was certainly the best. Yup.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Tzeentch
2003 Clone Wars had a competent Grievous and droids that didn't talk. It wins. grievous isn't everything

Q99
03 was mostly just over-the-top action.

TCW is my favorite.

Rebels doesn't have the time to compete with TCW yet.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
TCW was certainly the best.

Stigma
I like Genndy Tartakovsky's style the most. 2003 wins.

DARTH POWER
I loved TCW. But I'm personally enjoying Rebels more. It's a more consistent show which doesn't have have boring episodes focusing on C3P0 or Jar Jar.

The very best episodes of either show are still with TCW but Rebels still has time to match those.

Jmanghan
2008 CW made Jar Jar likeable.

/THREAD!

You can't top that.

Nephthys
Clone Wars 03 was amazing and the subsequent series was made all the worse merely by failing to live up to the greatness of its predecessor. Even at it's best the CGI Clone Wars never made me feel the excitement that the previous series did. It only ever achieved "decent" for me.

Rebels is currently looking extremely good and is already stronger series because the characters are actually likeable and it has consistent tone and quality. People who find the 08 CW better are likely just more invested due to a longer running time and more exposure to the characters imo.

|King Joker|
It's because the higher points in TCW shits on Rebels' high points.

I don't really see how Rebels has any consistent tone. Like, compare "Spark of Rebellion," the episode with Zeb & Ezra, the 3PO/R2 episode to "Rise of the Old Masters". That is not consistent. I'm not going to pretend TCW has a consistent tone, but still.

And I think TCW characters are very likable. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka (**** you, haters), etc.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by |King Joker|
It's because the higher points in TCW shits on Rebels' high points.

Well I wouldn't expect Rebels to have it's best ever episodes in S1, given that TCW didn't have them until like S3. But then again Rebels is only planning like 4 seasons, so S2 will have to give us something akin to TCW's best.

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't really see how Rebels has any consistent tone. Like, compare "Spark of Rebellion," the episode with Zeb & Ezra, the 3PO/R2 episode to "Rise of the Old Masters". That is not consistent. I'm not going to pretend TCW has a consistent tone, but still.

Well none of those episodes were torturous to watch Imo. And I liked how they fit it all in to the finale. Everything was relevant from giving C3P0 and R2D2 back to Bail to the Tie-Fighter they stole.

So yeah I do feel Rebels has been more consistent in it's quality. But to be fair it's had a much shorter season. But I'm all for shorter seasons and less seasons if that increases the average quality per episode.

I thought for instance it was a big mistake to extend Gotham's first season from the originally planned 16 episodes to a full 22. You can just see the filler in episodes now. Who wants to watch those low quality filler in episodes? It almost put me off Gotham completely.

|King Joker|
Eh, fair enough.

Revanchiste
Hey it was my poll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2003 Clone Wars had a competent Grievous and droids that didn't talk. It wins.
And clone have pertinent dialogs they are not talking about their entire live each episode....

I'v heard than TWc 2008 had gon for too long (even if I was awaiting the next episode each time) But after reflexion it's true...

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Clone Wars 03 was amazing and the subsequent series was made all the worse merely by failing to live up to the greatness of its predecessor. Even at it's best the CGI Clone Wars never made me feel the excitement that the previous series did. It only ever achieved "decent" for me.

Rebels is currently looking extremely good and is already stronger series because the characters are actually likeable and it has consistent tone and quality. People who find the 08 CW better are likely just more invested due to a longer running time and more exposure to the characters imo. LMAO Hardcase and Cutup were more likable characters then zeebo and Ezra, as well as Sabine and sometimes kanan.

Revanchiste
They had no time for character devloppement.. They make no fail in character devloppement.. Where Rebels and clone war are making some fails in character devloppement.... If there is great things there is also some fails.. And when you begin to notice those fails.. eerr humhum..... You just begin to hate the serie..

I was loving TWC... It was my favorite show.. But that WAS before.

NemeBro
2003 Clone Wars had a competent Grievous and droids that didn't talk. It wins. thumb up

Grievous is all that matters.

Tzeentch
thumb up

Revanchiste
Originally posted by NemeBro
thumb up

Grievous is all that matters.
There is also Durge !!!!
Yoda and windu !

Tzeentch
Durge was a hyper-badass, too.

Part of me is sad that he never appeared in TCW, but the rationale part of me knows the writers would have just flanderized him into being useless, like Grievous and Ventress.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Revanchiste
They had no time for character devloppement.. They make no fail in character devloppement.. Where Rebels and clone war are making some fails in character devloppement.... If there is great things there is also some fails.. And when you begin to notice those fails.. eerr humhum..... You just begin to hate the serie..

I was loving TWC... It was my favorite show.. But that WAS before. before what

Revanchiste

RexCloneWarsMVS

Revanchiste
Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
what lazy writing also the show was targeted at 5-10 year olds, what do you expect?

Ho it's targeting children so we must refrain to put some quality in..

Without to be too much complex (even if some time it's getting complex but the childish philosophy break the loggic). An anime or a cartoon have to possess come complexity and work....

This why most of our western anime sucked in the past. Until the Dark Knight came on our screen and proove than superheroes cartoon could be awsome and not too dumb...

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Ho it's targeting children so we must refrain to put some quality in..

Without to be too much complex (even if some time it's getting complex but the childish philosophy break the loggic). An anime or a cartoon have to possess come complexity and work....

This why most of our western anime sucked in the past. Until the Dark Knight came on our screen and proove than superheroes cartoon could be awsome and not too dumb... what "childish philosophy"

red8
I felt that Season 1 of SW Rebels was a really strong start. I have high hopes for the show.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by red8
I felt that Season 1 of SW Rebels was a really strong start. I have high hopes for the show. strong start = bad ending, I have a feeling that after the ahsoka episodes (the first few episodes of season 2) the show would get boring and pointless and would be about battles, becuase this show should be about how the rebellion got started and it did, I think this show needs only 2 seasons, the rebellion already formed now Ezra and kanan and ahsoka have to die to inspire more systems to rebel and then it leads to a new hope.

Revanchiste
Yhea CGI effect make the battle super awsome but some time it bring a lack of fluidity in the animation so.....
I prefer the "Anime/cartoon CGI".

McP
Ostrander comics and Luceno's books >>>>>>TCW >= Rebels > CW

Revanchiste
CW have done some great things.... For just 2H of Cartoons.... Action oriented....

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by McP
Ostrander comics and Luceno's books >>>>>>TCW >= Rebels > CW clone wars 2003 is much better then rebels

chilled monkey
Rebels is the best, then CW 2003, then last of all CW 2008.

Rebels has characters I actually care about and the villains are played seriously (unlike say, CW 2008's battle droids). I also love how it doesn't wuss out on showing how the Empire is pure evil.

Revanchiste
And it devlopp the theme of Anakin falling through the Dark side in just 18 ****ing second (if you forget the prophecy things).
Just by one scene...

In the lost mission we were allowed to see Anakin emotion with padme get ruined..
Here they are pretty damnclassic butnothing too silly that's fine... And to admit I enjoy a bit the scene.. Even if in the attack of the clone.... Well it was really piessing me off..

I support JarJar perfectly I can insure you. (Except in some clone war episode...)
Bu this.....

The_Tempest
Originally posted by chilled monkey
and the villains are played seriously

no expression

We watching the same Rebels?

Sinious
Rebels is the best, then CW 2003, then last of all CW 2008.

Rebels has characters I actually care about and the villains are played seriously (unlike say, CW 2008's battle droids). I also love how it doesn't wuss out on showing how the Empire is pure evil.

I don't want to think you're serious, friend.

Instead of the events of Clone Wars that are very essential to the story and all the characters we saw in the movies, you care about an emo kid with blue hair(just why disney?), a man cat with purple fur, a girl who looks like an underage prostitute who spent way too much time in Paris(even her name fits this concept lol) and a dorky twi'lek that tries to look tough and serious but shouldn't even be piloting a ship that fights a galactic empire. Oh and their droid Chopper is just a more cheesy version of R2. Seriously, Kanan might be the only member of the crew that doesn't look or sound ridiculous.

The fact that a bunch of kids and an untrained Jedi can cause this much trouble even though the Empire is on to them is simply stupid.

And I don't understand how you compare the main villains to a bunch of droids. You should compare them to characters like Count Dooku and Savage Opress which of course is no comparison since TCW is much better in that area as well. TCW felt natural cause it was synchronized with the films while Rebels feels so forced and unnecessary. Some scenes of it didn't even feel like Star Wars. I'm not disappointed cause I didn't expect anything better in the first place.

Seeing Vader and Ahsoka was cool though. I'm pretty sure he'll kill her at some point.

Revanchiste
At least they have their coward moment....
They could be bravier.... I've seen that before... And it was so ridiculous..

I really pitty the main villan for having such icompetent troops and being defeat by those guy in a very dumb way each time....

I mean the guys were winning by total accident.....

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Sinious
I don't want to think you're serious, friend.

Instead of the events of Clone Wars that are very essential to the story and all the characters we saw in the movies,

I've never really cared much for the movie characters. They just don't quite work for me.

you care about an emo kid with blue hair(just why disney?), a man cat with purple fur, a girl who looks like an underage prostitute who spent way too much time in Paris(even her name fits this concept lol) and a dorky twi'lek that tries to look tough and serious but shouldn't even be piloting a ship that fights a galactic empire. Oh and their droid Chopper is just a more cheesy version of R2. Seriously, Kanan might be the only member of the crew that doesn't look or sound ridiculous.

I'm an anime fan. I have no problem with blue hair. And Ezra lost his parents at the age of seven and grew up on the streets. Who can blame him for being "emo?"

Are you seriously claiming that having dyed hair makes a girl "look like an underage prostitute?" Because I really don't see any sense there at all.

Anyway, Sabine is awesome, even though I normally hate Mandalorians. She likes art and bright colours, she's strong but has a caring side and is willing to show it. She's great.

The fact that a bunch of kids and an untrained Jedi can cause this much trouble even though the Empire is on to them is simply stupid.

I think its fun. Its classic David vs. Goliath. Seeing the underdog prevail is always awesome.

And I don't understand how you compare the main villains to a bunch of droids. You should compare them to characters like Count Dooku and Savage Opress which of course is no comparison since TCW is much better in that area as well.

Sure the main villains in TCW were better, I'll admit that.

I just really hated the battle droids in TCW because they were so stupid. At least the stormtroopers in Rebels don't panic and run around failing their arms or make dumb one-liners and such. I like keeping the tone light but it bothers me because those were "battle droids." Why would anyone program war machines to behave that way?

The stormtroopers may be failures but at least they behave appropriately for soldiers in an evil empire. Plus its more fun when they fail because of the contrast.

TCW felt natural cause it was synchronized with the films while Rebels feels so forced and unnecessary. Some scenes of it didn't even feel like Star Wars. I'm not disappointed cause I didn't expect anything better in the first place.

I like that its trying to be original and not just ape the films.

Sinious
I've never really cared much for the movie characters. They just don't quite work for me.

Damn.

I don't blame him for being an emo. I blame Disney for making him the main character.

No not dyed hair by itself. Its just everything about her big grin

All these different concepts may be fun for a certain type of audience and I get what you mean. SW isn't a child's anime though. More importantly, if they picked another era that didn't effect OT I would've ben less judgmental.

Ah, I see.

I appreciate evolvement too but change =/= improvement. I feel like we love Star Wars for very different reasons so I guess I'll have to respect your taste.

BobaFett117
Rebels is likeable for some and not others but for me I am more of an imperial person and would like to see something about the Empire and not the Rebellion which in truth weren't all that good too.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by BobaFett117
Rebels is likeable for some and not others but for me I am more of an imperial person and would like to see something about the Empire and not the Rebellion which in truth weren't all that good too.

Ya know, that just made me realize something.

Why is it we never can get shows about the POV from the 'villain' side of things? Why is it always the hero?

Take note that...it's subjective as to what side would be noted as the hero or villain. If they made a show revolving around the Empire, would it not seem like they would be the 'heroes' considering that is what the show is following?

Why not have a show revolving around the Empire, dealing with pirates? Criminal organizations and the like?

There are literally many things in the entire SWU, that can paint the Empire as the "good" guys, heck this was actually shown a few times in Legends following the POV from the Empire where they dealt with hostile people and yet...were always following the Rebels or the Jedi.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Rebellion and Jedi but...would like something new for a change. Plus it would also be refreshing to watch too.

But ah...sorry about the rant lol, didn't mean to go off like that.

Ace Hambone
TCW had its "Heroes on Both Sides" episodes in season 3. And Rebels gave us a peak into the Empire in when Ezra infiltrated the storm trooper academy. A little web series about a group of storm trooper cadets would be cool - show us who these people are and what motivated them to become storm troopers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.