Luke and Sidious vs. Yoda, Plagueis and Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Battle of the absolute top tier.

All at their peak.

No amp / prep time.

Setting: Mustafar industrial complex where Kenobi and Vader fought in RotS.

Trocity
Team 2. Either Yoda or Luke has to fight against 2 and I don't see either of them winning a 2v1 against any combination in this fight.

carthage
Probably team 2 in a decent fight.

Sidious gets butchered if he tries to fight Caedus or Yoda at once, and if LOTF is any indication of Luke's skill he dies as well trying to fight both.

Trocity
Why did I think Yoda was on Luke's team? Still team 2, better fight though.

Angelalex242
It may be 3 on 2, but Sidious 'being at his absolute top' is DE Sidious, which helps immensely.

Also, Team 2 does have weaknesses. Plageuis is technically BAD with his lightsaber (he relies heavily on speed), and Yoda still has low stamina, and can't keep Ataru up for long. Luke and Sidious will last long enough to make those weaknesses count, focusing basically on those two things. Caedus is a complete package...but he's the only one.

Luke and DE Sidious should be able to play a waiting game, in which Caedus is the last member of team 2 standing.

carthage
Plagueis isn't "bad" with a lightsaber he just has a lack of showings, he can add support to either Yoda or Luke by his powerful force abilities. Caedus might actually be more skilled than DE Sidious, there is no indication Sidious increased in skill in Dark Empire. Caedus as a whole is more skilled than his Uncle at that time period, and could possibly beat DE Sidious in a duel. Sidious is more powerful though, but he couldn't beat any of them 2 v 1.

Angelalex242
Caedus cannot solo Luke. Most of the reason Luke doesn't kill him is 'I killed your wife mwahaha, strike me down with all of your hatred and...'

Every time Luke backs off, it's because he fears turning to the Dark Side, not because he fears losing. He fears WINNING.

However, since 'I killed your wife mwahahaha' isn't an issue in this battle, Luke shouldn't have a problem anymore.

Also, Luke does advance further in FOTJ, so there's that.

Trocity
Originally posted by carthage
Caedus might actually be more skilled than DE Sidious, there is no indication Sidious increased in skill in Dark Empire.

I agree, I would favor Caedus in a duel.

Col. Valerian
I think Sidious is the best duelist out of all of them, actually. Team 2 probably takes this, though. Unless Luke or Sidious somehow manage to kill off Plagueis faster than the other two, I don't see them winning.

Trocity
Luke>Caedus>Sidious>=Yoda>Plagueis in terms of swordsmanship to me.

carthage
Sidious could win but he lacks skill feats in his DE period other than beating Luke, which is somewhat impressive as he was sick (granted the Amp cancels his sickness out).

Either way LOTF Luke is superior to the Luke of Dark empire, make of that what you will. Caedus is probably the only Sith that could outduel ROTS Sidious

Stigma
Originally posted by Trocity
Luke>Caedus>Sidious>=Yoda>Plagueis in terms of swordsmanship to me.
Well, Yoda outdueled Sidious in the RotS script iirc, so I'd swap them.

Luke > Caedus >= Yoda >= Sidious > Plagueis

But really, all of them are extremely close in swordsmanship, maybe apart from Plagueis who lacks feats.

Originally posted by carthage
Caedus is probably the only Sith that could outduel ROTS Sidious
thumb up

Sinious
How is Caedus above Sidious as a duelist?

ares834
Team 1.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Sinious
How is Caedus above Sidious as a duelist? he's not

carthage
Probably not. But he and Plagueis or Yoda tip the scales against team. 1

Angelalex242
Well, I figure the first thing DE Sidious wants to do is get a Force Storm started. Yoda alone doesn't have enough lightside power to stop one, and Dark Siders can't really help him.

Luke just has to run interference long enough to get the Storm started. Sidious himself might throw some force screams in there to keep his enemies away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.