Missouri governor accuses DoJ of racism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
The Lt. governor of Missouri has accused the Justice Department of racism and "fanning the flames of racial division".

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/17/missouri-official-accuses-justice-department-of-racism/21154590/?ncid=webmail33

Can't say I blame him at all for feeling that way.

Robtard
Link = "The web page you are looking for could not be found. Please check the address and try again. If you are looking for an area on AOL.com, you may browse the directory below or go to the "

edit: I think you have me on ignore, as you seem to have 9/10 people on ignore, so you probably won't realize that your link doesn't work. LOL!

Star428
Link wasn't working right before but it is now I believe.

Lestov16
People need to stop being idiots. The Brown case was only the straw that broke the camel's back. Ferguson PD was proven to be racially discriminatory for years. If people don't think years of police discrimination deserves to be protested, they are close-minded and/or bigoted.

Lestov16
Also, it's absolutely ridiculous to blame Obama or the DOJ for the looting/rioting. They encouraged peaceful protests (which, as stated above, were justified due to the proven systematic racism of Ferguson police) only. They can't control the free will of opportunistic thieves. Obama's name isn't Charles Xavier.

Seems to me that the Missouri government is butthurt that their racism got exposed on a nationwide level.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Also, it's absolutely ridiculous to blame Obama or the DOJ for the looting/rioting. They encouraged peaceful protests (which, as stated above, were justified due to the proven systematic racism of Ferguson police) only. They can't control the free will of opportunistic thieves. Obama's name isn't Charles Xavier.

Seems to me that the Missouri government is butthurt that their racism got exposed on a nationwide level.

They basically pulled a "no you!"

Henry_Pym
The man speaks the truth, Obama never should have been part of the Treyvon Martin case either.

Could you have imagined the backlash if a white president had taken the side of some Meth head over an innocent Black man saying, "if I had a son, he'd probably look like Methy."

Lestov16
It's a completely idiotic stance. And the sad thing is, as evidenced by the OP, there are actually people buying into it.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
The man speaks the truth, Obama never should have been part of the Treyvon Martin case either.

Could you have imagined the backlash if a white president had taken the side of some Meth head over an innocent Black man saying, "if I had a son, he'd probably look like Methy."

So we should just ignore racism then? Allow it to happen but do nothing to rectify it? Seems like a blatant denial of responsibility.

Star428

thumb up

Henry_Pym
It's a completely idiotic stance. And the sad thing is, as evidenced by the OP, there are actually people buying into it. no it isn't, if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck...

Just because your ideology doesn't allow facts doesn't mean facts dissapear.

Lestov16
The facts are that Ferguson PD abused blacks for years and after a final incident, there was an inevitable rebellion. Are you denying Ferguson PD deserved to be protested for their years of racism?

Robtard
So we should just ignore racism then? Allow it to happen but do nothing to rectify it? Seems like a blatant denial of responsibility.

Republican Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder on Tuesday also asserted that the department was "staffed with Marxists and black radicals"

Any questions?

Henry_Pym
So we should just ignore racism then? Allow it to happen but do nothing to rectify it? Seems like a blatant denial of responsibility. are you a White SJW? It's not "our" responsibility.

You realize not every act of White on Black violence is fueled by Racism? Wilson was responding to a call and was assaulted by a thug.

That's all that's pertinent to the case. //// everything else is just mud to smear folks.

Lestov16
are you a White SJW? It's not "our" responsibility.

You realize not every act of White on Black violence is fueled by Racism? Wilson was responding to a call and was assaulted by a thug.

I agree. I actually side with Wilson regarding the shooting. But it wasn't the shooting alone that incited the protests. It was years if PROVEN racial abuse. I don't agree that Brown's death was racist, but as stated, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. If Ferguson PD wasn't racist for years, Brown's death wouldn't have caused the protests it did. Or are you saying years of racism should be ignored?

Henry_Pym
The facts are that Ferguson PD abused blacks for years and after a final incident, there was an inevitable rebellion. Are you denying Ferguson PD deserved to be protested for their years of racism? I'm starting to believe you don't know what racism means.

If the Cops arbitrarily were targeting Black folk, sure but when given context on the crime numbers it is prejudice which while not great it's not a horrible thing.

Lestov16
I'm starting to believe you don't know what racism means.

If the Cops arbitrarily were targeting Black folk, sure but when given context on the crime numbers it is prejudice which while not great it's not a horrible thing.

Racial prejudice is not a horrible thing?

Henry_Pym
I agree. I actually side with Wilson regarding the shooting. But it wasn't the shooting alone that incited the protests. It was years if PROVEN racial abuse. I don't agree that Brown's death was racist, but as stated, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. If Ferguson PD wasn't racist for years, Brown's death wouldn't have caused the protests it did. Or are you saying years of racism should be ignored? you realize the Vvvvvvaaaaaaasssssssstttttttt majority of protestors weren't from Mo and the damage done was mostly done in poor Black communities.

If there is a racial Bias in Mo it isn't helped by a mass breach of laws by the "targeted" community.

Henry_Pym
Racial prejudice is not a horrible thing? not at a base level, taken to the Nth degree it is. If I see something that looks like danger; I treat it as such.

Lestov16
So again, you are lumping together the peaceful protesters and the opportunistic looters?

Henry_Pym
So again, you are lumping together the peaceful protesters and the opportunistic looters? yes, the peaceful people should have immediately pointed out trouble maker or you get lumped together.

Robtard
LoL, idiot

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, idiot ?

Lestov16
yes, the peaceful people should have immediately pointed out trouble makes or you get lumped together.

But that's EXACTLY what they did. There were numerous statements from protesters that vilified the looters. There were peaceful protesters who actively hunted down and exiled the looters. Did you even see the protests? Even if you even watched an hour of news coverage, you would have seen this. I think you need to reexamine your "facts".

Mindset
? No, that sentence would probably end with a period.

Henry_Pym
When did that happen DURING the riots? It didn't happen when Ferguson was burning, White Reporters were being assaulted, protesters were blocking the streets not allowing Fire Engines unmolested access or when people were using the mass of protestors as cover to throw rocks and litter at police.

Lestov16
When did that happen DURING the riots? It didn't happen when Ferguson was burning, White Reporters were being assaulted, protesters were blocking the streets not allowing Fire Engines unmolested access or when people were using the mass of protestors as cover to throw rocks and litter at police.

Again, you clearly didn't see the protests. Those rioters were vilified by the peaceful protesters DURING the protests.

Henry_Pym
Saying I dont like Al Queda while blocking tanks means about the same.

Lestov16
Look, it's clear you just want to lump all the blacks in Ferguson together as riotous savages, even though that was clearly not the case. Even worse, it's clear you don't think Ferguson PD deserved to be vilified for their years of constant racial abuse, which you've admitted is OK in your book. So I'll just let you keep your bigotry, because it's clear that you want to adhere to your ideology rather than objective facts.

Think you're the third racist I've encountered on this board in the past week. Sad state America is in, indeed.

Henry_Pym
Lol... Ok, I can't help a zealot see the truth.

Time Immemorial
Most of the looters were not even from Ferguson.

I seem to remember hearing that some of the communities around ferguson had more tickets, fines and arrests then ferguson did. Upwards of 30-40 tickets and fines a year with populations half of that.

Mind you that the communities that had these had black mayors.

The whole area is ****ed up.

Star428
Look, it's clear you just want to lump all the blacks in Ferguson together as riotous savages, even though that was clearly not the case. Even worse, it's clear you don't think Ferguson PD deserved to be vilified for their years of constant racial abuse, which you've admitted is OK in your book. So I'll just let you keep your bigotry, because it's clear that you want to adhere to your ideology rather than objective facts.

The problem is that I'm not sure the DoJ was completely impartial in deciding whether or not the Ferguson PD was actually guilty of what you're claiming. It could be that they just decided that someone had to pay for the Brown/Wilson incident to appease the blacks who think that Wilson got away with murder so they trumped up the charges.

Lestov16
Hmm. I'm just going to end my rants here by saying that while I do not believe Brown's death in and of itself was racist (I view Brown to be a drug-addled prick), I do believe Ferguson had a right to protest the injustices of the police department, at least until evidence that the charges were trumped comes forward.

Henry_Pym
They protested before any facts came out... That's the issue.

SayWhat
Unless you live and work in the St Louis area, you won't understand what goes on there. There is much more racial animosity from blacks towards whites. I was at a Metrolink station one time and reading the paper about some black on black shooting and no response from the mostly black people at the Metrolink station. A few weeks later there was a shooting where a police officer shot a black person who aimed their gun at the police officer. That Metrolink station of patrons was buzzing big time about that shooting, even though in happened in the city and not the county. That tells me in me segments of the black community, they are waiting for something like this to pounce on and cause an uproar.

SayWhat
As fair as racial injustice, it's mostly from the county of St Louis where they have close to 90 little towns and in order to raise revenue they target motorists for speeding, no seat belt on or failure to use their blinker. Mostly piddly stuff, but the local municipal courts charge from $100 to $300 for these tickets and the people that live there, don't have that kind of money. Most don't bother to show up for court and get arrested for FTA, failure to appear and get an even bigger fine.

Since most people in North County are black and the areas around the city are black, guess who is going to get pulled over more? It's not a race thing as much as it those who are the mayors and government leaders in those areas need a few million dollars raised every year and property, personal property and sales tax fall short of raising that kind of revenue. In essense, the blacks they are being targeted by their local government not for safety violations, which the cops can alway give a warning or fix it ticket, but just to fund the system and all those that are on the government payroll . The issue goes way beyond Ferguson or the police department being willing dupes and pawn for these towns that would be willing to harass their own citizens. Then again, you can slow down and put your seat belt on too AND use the blinkers .

SayWhat

Think you're the third racist I've encountered on this board in the past week. Sad state America is in, indeed.

I don't understand why anyone would protest, let alone loot overr some stupid kid bully punk that did not have any sense to not beat up a cop.

That is just as idiotic as Michael Brown's actions. I guess some people want to have a civil right of punching someone in the face and not getting shot to death. Perhaps a "hands off and I won't ever get shot" is the better motto for these protesters.

Surtur
The recent report from the DOJ about the Michael Brown shooting says that his hands were not up in surrender like his friend claimed. His friend also apparently claimed he was shot at least one time in the back, which the autopsy proved wasn't true.

Now we have several witnesses there with no reason to lie saying he didn't have his hands up and that Brown charged at the officer. One witness even went on to say she thought the cop waited too long before firing, and that she would of fired sooner. 2 of the witnesses who are saying he didn't surrender, etc. supposedly had some of the best vantage point out of all the witnesses.

So the mantra of "Hands up don't shoot" apparently didn't even actually happen. There were also apparently "Pants up don't loot" t-shirts being sold. Not by the same people obviously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.