MoS Superman vs Sentinels (DoFP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
How many sentinels would it take (at minimum) to take out MoS Superman?

Assuming that they haven't adapted to his powers yet and need time to analyze/adapt?

Fight in the middle of Metropolis with lots of juicy civilians to squish.

Silent Master
All the civilians die while Clark is busy snapping the Sentinels necks and then crying about it.

Time Immemorial
I never understood civilian casualties relevancy in any alien invasion movie.

They all die anyways. Chitari did the same thing as the Kryptonians did, showed up and squashed them.

juggerman
Originally posted by Nibedicus

All of them.

Originally posted by Silent Master
All the civilians die while Clark is busy snapping the Sentinels necks and then crying about it.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I never understood civilian casualties relevancy in any alien invasion movie.

They all die anyways. Chitari did the same thing as the Kryptonians did, showed up and squashed them.

People feel Superman should have done more to save people in the final fight. You know, outside of saving the entire planet's population by stopping the World Engine and killing Zod

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by juggerman
All of them.

laughing out loud

People feel Superman should have done more to save people in the final fight. You know, outside of saving the entire planet's population by stopping the World Engine and killing Zod

Besides Zod and the world engine was there any proof that Supes was causing mass casualties. IIRC he ended up having to kill Zod regretfully because he wouldn't allow those people to be killed. Zod was just as strong as him, it would not appear Kal could just make him leavelaughing out loud

juggerman
No, but people will complain whenever they can about this stuff.

On topic tho, I don't know that the Sentinels are powerful enough to take out Superman. They were thrashing the mutants but those mutants were nowhere near Kal's level.

NemeBro
Besides Zod and the world engine was there any proof that Supes was causing mass casualties. IIRC he ended up having to kill Zod regretfully because he wouldn't allow those people to be killed. Zod was just as strong as him, it would not appear Kal could just make him leavelaughing out loud He tossed an oil tanker into a parking garage that was filled with people. The building proceeded to explode.

I think they might have died.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
He tossed an oil tanker into a parking garage that was filled with people. The building proceeded to explode.

I think they might have died.

No proof that there were people in that parking garage, and it was Zod who tossed it at him. Had it gone into an apartment building ok, but a parking garage, how many people are standing around in an parking garages in real life? laughing out loud

Inhuman
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuKKJK6CYAEFQZz.jpg

Time Immemorial
I'm glad you are so upset that deep in your soul, there is a trail of tears because you cared so much about some fictional people that died.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Inhuman
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuKKJK6CYAEFQZz.jpg

thumb up

Inhuman
I'm glad you are so upset that deep in your trail of tears you cared about some fictional people that died.

You , as a Superman fan should not miss the point this badly.
Instead of doing MOS damage control you should accept the fact that was bad and non characteristic of Clark.

Its totally different if in a Punisher movie Frank doesn't give a shit if some innocents get filled with holes when taking down criminals (he actually does give a shit though), but superman is a boy scout. He has always been, despite a few new stories trying to make him more edgy. Its still totally different. Even Batman that is a dark, brooding, character has a no kill rule.

Time Immemorial
You , as a Superman fan should not miss the point this badly.
Instead of doing MOS damage control you should accept the fact that was bad and non characteristic of Clark.

Its totally different if in a Punisher movie Frank doesn't give a shit if some innocents get filled with holes when taking down criminals (he actually does give a shit though), but superman is a boy scout. He has always been, despite a few new stories trying to make him more edgy. Its still totally different. Even Batman that is a dark, brooding, character has a no kill rule.

You act like he did nothing to stop the Kryptonians.

Yes MoS had its flaws, show me one person here who said it was perfect, but you have been crying the same tune for the last 2 years. Literally I have never seen anyone cry so much about this one issue. Its over and done with, but knowing you, you will continue to ***** and ***** about it.

I have seen you talk about this over and over, its ridiculous that you can keep this up for the last two years and never get over it.

Blame Goyer and Snyder and quit blaming the character.

Inhuman
I have seen you talk about this over and over, its ridiculous that you can keep this up for the last two years and never get over it.

Blame Goyer and Snyder and quit blaming the character.

People talking about bad movies is not something i invented lol.

Thats why people still talk about batman and robin.

Time Immemorial
People talking about bad movies is not something i invented lol.

Thats why people still talk about batman and robin.

So if you hated the movie so much you must be a huge superman fan to really care about civilian casualties and him not being a "boy scout." I mean damn if this much trash talk amount to how much you care, you might be a bigger Superman fan then the whole House of El.

BruceSkywalker
No, but people will complain whenever they can about this stuff.

On topic tho, I don't know that the Sentinels are powerful enough to take out Superman. They were thrashing the mutants but those mutants were nowhere near Kal's level.

thumb up

Inhuman
So if you hated the movie so much you must be a huge superman fan to really care about civilian casualties and him not being a "boy scout." I mean damn if this much trash talk amount to how much you care, you might be a bigger Superman fan then the whole House of El.

thumb up

I should be the Leader of the house of EL, thats for sure smile

Time Immemorial
thumb up

I should be the Leader of the house of EL, thats for sure smile

Ah see with all the trash talk it made we wonder, up till now I didn't know you liked Superman.

Robtard

Assuming that they haven't adapted to his powers yet and need time to analyze/adapt?

Fight in the middle of Metropolis with lots of juicy civilians to squish.

There's no proof the Sentinels could adapt to Kal's powers. They're specifically made to counter/adapt to mutant powers. Kal's powers while biological as well, would be utterly alien to them.

I'd say for every Sentinel Kal has to tear apart starting after the second, about 2-13 civilians would die as collateral damage.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
There's no proof the Sentinels could adapt to Kal's powers. They're specifically made to counter/adapt to mutant powers. Kal's powers while biological as well, would be utterly alien to them.

I'd say for every Sentinel Kal has to tear apart starting after the second, about 2-13 civilians would die as collateral damage.

How many civilians died while Kal was snapping Zod's neck? Considering they are not targeting humans, the civilians would run away. I say no one dies.

Utrigita

Co-signed.

Robtard
How many civilians died while Kal was snapping Zod's neck? Considering they are not targeting humans, the civilians would run away. I say no one dies.

I am under the impression that it's not going to be one Sentinel at a time, but a massive swarm of them (like in DoFP) all coming at once and when Kal gets into his blood-rage, cities get ****ing ruined and people die.

FFS, Zod smashed up his mother's house a bit and old pickup truck and Kal carelessly smashed several buildings and exploded a fuel station. Granted, it was a nice old pickup with lots of character. But still man, chill the **** out Kal.

Time Immemorial
I am under the impression that it's not going to be one Sentinel at a time, but a massive swarm of them (like in DoFP) all coming at once and when Kal gets into his blood-rage, cities get ****ing ruined and people die.

FFS, Zod smashed up his mother's house a bit and old pickup truck and Kal smashed several buildings and exploded a fuel station. Granted, it was a nice old pickup with lots of character. But still man, chill the **** out Kal.

Sometimes all you have left is Rage

Lestov16
LOL at these fools crying about Supes causing collateral damage. JLU Supes smashed through buildings all the time and nobody said jack shit. Matter of fact, during his final fight with Zod, there were explicit clips showing civilians not being caught in the damage.

As for the thread, Magneto took out numerous sentinels with an exploding X Jet. Supes will crush them with ease.

Reflassshh
Superman would systematically destroys whatever number of this fools thrown at him.

Silent Master
I'm thinking 4 maybe 5 states worth of people die.

playa1258
Yet the Avengers keep fighting their battles in the middle of cities.

Silent Master
The Avengers are just better people than Superman.

Reflassshh
Based on?

playa1258
Yeah Hulk is really better by going on a rampage in a huge city.

Silent Master
You're right, he is better.

playa1258
So weak that he allows a tramp to mind control him.

Silent Master
Superman?

playa1258
Go find someone else to play with.

Silent Master
Is that a Superman quote?

Genesis-Soldier
i see supes killing people in order to "save" them from the sentinels. whilst the hulk smashed on of the centauri worm things into a building he caused little to absolutely no civilian casualties

FrothByte
Well to be fair, it was Superman's first real fight in his life. Heck, he probably never got into a fist fight in school. Each Avenger has way more battle experience than he does.

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well to be fair, it was Superman's first real fight in his life. Heck, he probably never got into a fist fight in school. Each Avenger has way more battle experience than he does.

yeah remember the scene when he was bullied and crushed the fence post instead of putting it through the kids head, dissapointing scene

relentless1
I just laugh at the Marvel bias shown when people bring up Man of Steels death count, first off Chitauri vs Avengers killed just as many people as Zod vs Kal and second, I'm of the opinion that if its not explicitly shown then it doesnt happen, besides Kal showed a few instances of saving or trying to save people, give him a break Marvelites.

As far as the question at hand, Kal could face 100 Sentinels and take em on successfully.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by relentless1
I just laugh at the Marvel bias shown when people bring up Man of Steels death count, first off Chitauri vs Avengers killed just as many people as Zod vs Kal and second, I'm of the opinion that if its not explicitly shown then it doesnt happen, besides Kal showed a few instances of saving or trying to save people, give him a break Marvelites.

As far as the question at hand, Kal could face 100 Sentinels and take em on successfully.

I don't think there is a number he could not take out, they would be like fodder honestly.

relentless1
true, just illustrating how little a threat they pose to him

Time Immemorial
true, just illustrating how little a threat they pose to him

Yea its a slaughter, I hope all those civilians die too for being by standards.

Silent Master

Bringing up or joking about something that happened during the movie isn't an example of bias.

Now if we had said that the Sentinels win, that would have been an example of bias.....but we didn't.

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/LMxpj37.jpg

relentless1
whats biased about it silent troll is that everybody hates on MOS for this but nobody ever mentions the fact that the same thing happened in Avengers, selective criticism is still a bias bud

Silent Master
So you're crying because people didn't mention the Avengers in the thread about Superman? do you realize how sad you sound right now?

BlackZero30x
I bet in the next movie they have some kind of news report talking about weather Superman is a menace or hero after the attack by ZOD. They will probably give some low number of casualties and so on to get people to claim down.

As for the fight. Superman rape stomps all of them at once.

relentless1
I'm speaking in the general sense silent troll, try to keep up

Silent Master
I get it, you're butt-hurt that people don't like DC as much as you do, so any time people say something that you don't like, you'll start crying and yelling about how things aren't fair.

Placidity
To stay off-topic like everyone else - love (classic pre-52) Superman, did not like MoS except the fight scenes.

They are trying to make Superman all dark like The Dark Knight trilogy.

relentless1
nope just call it like i see it silent troll

-Pr-
http://i.imgur.com/LMxpj37.jpg

Jesus, that's awful.

Silent Master
nope just call it like i see it silent troll

Are you done getting your butt-hurt juices all over the thread?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Placidity
To stay off-topic like everyone else - love (classic pre-52) Superman, did not like MoS except the fight scenes.

They are trying to make Superman all dark like The Dark Knight trilogy.

They are trying to make him more relatable. What would you do if some psycho was threatening your mother then telling you he'll never stop killing purely because he knows it pisses you off?

Most people would go for the neck snap half an hour earlier than Clark did.

Silent Master
Most people would have saved their father.

BlackZero30x
No doubt and you could see how upset he was it had to come to that(the neck breaking of ZOD). Its probably where he starts going down the road of getting better with his powers so it doesn't have to happen again.

relentless1
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
No doubt and you could see how upset he was it had to come to that(the neck breaking of ZOD). Its probably where he starts going down the road of getting better with his powers so it doesn't have to happen again.

thats why I liked MOS, it actually has a good character arc for Superman, making him more grounded personality wise to counter the spectacular feats that he can do physically, I mean if he's going to have a "no kill" rule he would have to get it from somewhere right?

Scoobless
thats why I liked MOS, it actually has a good character arc for Superman, making him more grounded personality wise to counter the spectacular feats that he can do physically, I mean if he's going to have a "no kill" rule he would have to get it from somewhere right?

Rules, like necks apparently, were made to be broken.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

SSJGGogeta
Wow, I don't see why all of you are so quick to say that Supe's would stomp infinite of the Sentinels here.

Sorry to go back on topic, but I personally think he would have his work cut out for him.

Now remember, these aren't the same Sentinels we saw fighting Wolverine and Beast in the past, these are the ones capable of REPLICATING mutations they see, and using them in their own arsenal. In a sense, Superman really DOES fall under that category. He may be an alien, but his powers are still due to his biology, meaning that the Sentinels... In theory, should be able to copy most, if not all of his powers.

They displayed the ability to copy fire based powers, so they could copy his heat vision, they displayed the ability to somehow copy super strength, and they displayed the ability to copy a plethora of other powers as well.

I personally think that MOS Superman would DOMINATE. However, I also think he would DEFINITELY be tagged in a few instances, maybe by heat vision, maybe by super strength and durability that were copied off him. The sentinels never displayed super speed though, and it's very likely that they would have been unable to, meaning that MOS Superman would be able to blitz them like it was nothing. Especially because his flight speed let him fly around half the planet in like 1 to 2 seconds, making him somewhat NEAR light speed. All he'd have to do is fly through a hoard of them, but he would likely try and fight them up close instead, since he hasn't shown the smarts to try something like that yet. shifty

Anyway, I think they COULD win. But that's depending on whether they could copy three of his abilities. Regeneration, flight, and Super Speed. If they can copy ONE of those three, then the fight would become MUCH more difficult for Supe's. If they could copy all three, on top of his heat vision, EVEN ASSUMING THEY COULDN'T COPY his strength/durability, they would still be capable of pulling a win. However, his durabiltiy/strength, regeneration, heat vision, and other crazy powers should pull a win from this, under any other given circumstances.

So it's really just a debate of whether or not they can copy all his powers.

Time Immemorial
Its really not even a debate if they could, they used Ravens Mutant DNA to copy/counter other mutants they had been in touch with. Since he is not a mutant and not even human, they would not be able to.

relentless1
Its really not even a debate if they could, they used Ravens Mutant DNA to copy/counter other mutants they had been in touch with. Since he is not a mutant and not even human, they would not be able to.

^ this, Superman is an alien, not a mutation I highly doubt they'd be able to mimic his abilities

Based

Lmao exactly. The entire basis of the movie was the copying of the X gene which surely Superman will not have.

TheVaultDweller
Yup, adapting to the x-gene does not mean that they can replicate alien biology. There is nothing at all to suggest they can, which is why MoS tears them apart with utter ease.

StealthRanger
Even ignoring that factor, no real evidence they could replicate something as fast or powerful as Superman going by feats

Time Immemorial
Lets not ignore stuffsmile, because seems no one else does when tables are flippedlaughing out loud

StealthRanger
Point is in any situation, the notion that the Sentinels can adapt to Superman is a no limit fallacy abuse

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Point is in any situation, the notion that the Sentinels can adapt to Superman is a no limit fallacy abuse

Yea its true, I remember some guy name Epicurus who used to say he could adapt to MoS. It was kinda pathetic.

SSJGGogeta

Um, he IS of the homo genus. The mutants aren't human either, in the first place.

Superman's powers stem from his biology, which allows his cells to absorb solar energy, giving him monstrously amped physics, as well as many other powers.

Given the nature of the Sentinels power stealing abilities, they should be capable of mimicking his cells.

However, as we've seen in DC before, it is nigh-impossible to imitate a Kryptonian's physiology, even if the person trying to is very skilled at doing so. Beastboy, who has much more versatile powers of shape-shifting than Mystique, was unable to do any better than a Super-dog, and that was only for a couple seconds. The amount of energy that a Kryptonian's cells drink in is simply too great.

Now, assuming that the sentinels lack the capacity to absorb as much energy as Superman, which is VERY likely, we still couldn't say that they couldn't mimic his powers at all. They would just likely be very nerfed, compared to Kal.

Genesis-Soldier
vern if they could mimic MoS, the capacity they would obtain is trivial compared to the farm boy

Nibedicus
Well, actually, " to adapt" in this case can mean simply to change their physical makeup to be better suited in fighting Superman (like becoming denser, improving perception to calculate speeds, new tactics like spreading out and using range attacks exclusively, etc.). It does not mean that they succeed in being immune and it surely does not mean copying Superman. An example is when Darwin adapted in order to save his life against the swallowed Shaw-Havok bomb ball. He made his body better suited for it but he still failed to survive.

But do ppl really think MoS Superman can handle one hundred trillion Sentinels? He would literally be fighting for over a thousand years even assuming he destroys multiples per second. One would think fatigue and battle damage, even nicks and cuts would take its toll.

How about 10x that number? A thousand times that number? A million times?

I actually see a no-limits fallacy and its not really on the Sentinel side.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why would the thread starter make a thread and not have them be able to adapt to his powers. If they can't adapt how is this even a fight? How are they even sentinels at that point? Clearly the thread starter wanted them to be able to analyze and adapt. That being the case, they crush him eventually.. but do lose a fair amount before that

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Um, he IS of the homo genus. The mutants aren't human either, in the first place.

Superman's powers stem from his biology, which allows his cells to absorb solar energy, giving him monstrously amped physics, as well as many other powers.

Given the nature of the Sentinels power stealing abilities, they should be capable of mimicking his cells.

However, as we've seen in DC before, it is nigh-impossible to imitate a Kryptonian's physiology, even if the person trying to is very skilled at doing so. Beastboy, who has much more versatile powers of shape-shifting than Mystique, was unable to do any better than a Super-dog, and that was only for a couple seconds. The amount of energy that a Kryptonian's cells drink in is simply too great.

Now, assuming that the sentinels lack the capacity to absorb as much energy as Superman, which is VERY likely, we still couldn't say that they couldn't mimic his powers at all. They would just likely be very nerfed, compared to Kal.

That wasn't how they were built of portrayed, he said having Raven's DNA would allow his program to adapt to any mutant DNA. I really don't feel like getting long winded with this because the facts are said in the movie. He never said "This DNA will allow my program to copy anything in the universe, he said 'Mutant DNA."

Time Immemorial
Well, actually, " to adapt" in this case can mean simply to change their physical makeup to be better suited in fighting Superman (like becoming denser, improving perception to calculate speeds, new tactics like spreading out and using range attacks exclusively, etc.). It does not mean that they succeed in being immune and it surely does not mean copying Superman. An example is when Darwin adapted in order to save his life against the swallowed Shaw-Havok bomb ball. He made his body better suited for it but he still failed to survive.

But do ppl really think MoS Superman can handle one hundred trillion Sentinels? He would literally be fighting for over a thousand years even assuming he destroys multiples per second. One would think fatigue and battle damage, even nicks and cuts would take its toll.

How about 10x that number? A thousand times that number? A million times?

I actually see a no-limits fallacy and its not really on the Sentinel side.

They never went up against anything as powerful as him. Yet he went up against many beings as strong or stronger then him.

As its shown in MoS, his sun amped biology is stronger then the strongest Kryptonian tech. Kryptonian tech is way above sentinel tech.

If he just started flying trashing them, how would they stop him. Or even pin him down, he be moving to fast and they would just be trash cans to his speed and power.

Is it fair to say he could take a trillion down? Prolly not, but is it fair to put him against a trillion?

Nibedicus
They never went up against anything as powerful as him. Yet he went up against many beings as strong or stronger then him.

As its shown in MoS, his sun amped biology is stronger then the strongest Kryptonian tech. Kryptonian tech is way above sentinel tech.

If he just started flying trashing them, how would they stop him. Or even pin him down, he be moving to fast and they would just be trash cans to his speed and power.

Is it fair to say he could take a trillion down? Prolly not, but is it fair to put him against a trillion?

Well, thiis isn't about fair, just that what number would it take. As per OP, there is no limit placed to the number you can throw.

So yeah, if you think it would take a hundred trillion trillion, go on ahead and throw a number. smile

Time Immemorial
Oh shit I just realized you made OP.

It takes One Million Trillionsmile

Robtard

Mutants are an offshoot of humanity, as mentioned in X1 or possibly X2 and X3. So yes, they're human, human mutants to be exact.

We have no idea if film Superman is connected to humanity somehow, so we can't just assume the Sentinels will be able to adapt to his alien physiology and powers simply because he looks like a human and has something like the X-gene.

eg If it was Sentinels Vs Gooku, we wouldn't just assume they'd adapt and absorb his powers simple because Gooku looks mostly human, more-so than some mutants do.

Time Immemorial
It's Goku you goomba.

Robtard
I like my way better.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by StealthRanger

Expand on this some. how is it a no limits fallacy. They were shown adapting to a great number of powers and pretty casually and quickly at that. The x gene argument doesn't really hold much water. IIRC the x-gene and them finding it.. was to determine WHO was a mutant and who wasn't. They still needed to feel or experience their powers in order to adapt to them. It doesn't matter that superman has no x gene.. they are already targeting him. Their adaptive ability means they will adapt to superman and quickly at that. They had no issue adapting to Colossus strength and LITERALLY tore him in half. So superman's strength would be useless and adapted to. The only thing we didn't see them adapt to was speed... however, I don't see why they couldn't, when they were shown adapting to everything else thrown their way. The fallacy is actually arguing they can't adapt to speed when they were shown adapting to every other thing with little to no problems. Absence of proof isn't proof

Time Immemorial
Shut up KT, you know damn well they can't adapt to anything other then mutant DNA. Are you just gonna write paragraph after paragraph now based on nothing but your illogical reasoning.

We know you hate superman, but serious, stfu already.

Robtard
Which is funny, since he knows next to nothing about the character.

Time Immemorial
He will come back and type a 50 page essay on his illogical reasoning and it still would not work.

NemeBro
Which is funny, since he knows next to nothing about the character. He knows less about Superman than he does about boxing. He knows more about him than he does Lord of the Rings, however.

Time Immemorial
http://tacticalshit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/shitstorm3.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Shut up KT, you know damn well they can't adapt to anything other then mutant DNA. Are you just gonna write paragraph after paragraph now based on nothing but your illogical reasoning.

We know you hate superman, but serious, stfu already.

You idiot, sometimes your stupidity boggles my mind. You and other are arguing about whether they can adapt or not which is how I first entered the thread. That is borderline retarded to even go down that path. Why would the OP having superman fight a whole bunch of robots with no adaptive abilities. He even mentions that they can analyze and adapt just not before they encounter him. It couldn't be more clear he wanted them to be able to adapt to superman. So who cares if Superman isn't a mutant or doesn't have an X gene.. it's totally irrelevant. He wanted them to be able to adapt. Period. You're the one writing post after post about a subject null and void

My further correction was people saying Superman doesn't have an X gene thus they can't adapt to him. That isn't even what they used to adapt. The X gene was for them to locate mutants and differentiate people mutant and humans to know who to target. They adapted once they felt their power and then adapted accordingly. Me correcting you and others is no reason to get snotty kid. You're a clownshoes and I accept this

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
It couldn't be more clear he wanted them to be able to adapt to superman.

Look who you calling clownshoes, are you really saying this kinda stuff and expect us to swallow it?

You know have stated that they can do the opposite of how they were designed. I might as well say MoS was stronger then Routh, even though it was never shown.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by NemeBro
He knows less about Superman than he does about boxing. He knows more about him than he does Lord of the Rings, however.

Funny enough, you know more about LOTR than you do about superman and know even less about boxing. Though, your LOTR knowledge is minimal at best. Though you're funny sometimes

KuRuPT Thanosi
Look who you calling clownshoes, are you really saying this kinda stuff and expect us to swallow it?

You know have stated that they can do the opposite of how they were designed. I might as well say MoS was stronger then Routh, even though it was never shown.

So you honestly believe the OP wanted to pit superman against robots with no adaptive powers? Really? Saying somebody is stronger than somebody else with no proof isn't near the same thing. Not even close. This is taking robots who's main ability and power is to adapt. That's their shtick. Their abilities come from encounter powers and having the ability to adapt to them. It was never stated they could only adapt to mutant powers. Show narration where this was stated. If not, STFU about how they can't. Even if it was directly stated they can't, that doesn't preclude the OP from still having them be able to adapt. We see this all the time clownshoes.. We see slugfest between superman and thor as regular humans. We see batman with no gear against daredevil.. Even though batman almost always has gear. We see environment created that aren't based in reality or were present in the movies with the characters in question. Stop acting like you're bewildered by this and can't believe an OP would have them be able to adapt. It's actually moronic to think he didn't want them to adapt.

SSJGGogeta
Look, I don't see why you guys are so adamant, about the Sentinels not being able to copy Superman's powers. The Krupt guy did point out one thing, and that was that the sentinels DON'T use the mutant X gene to replicate a power, but they use it to locate the mutants. And he is right about that, if ONLY that.

They have a mechanized version of Mystique's power, which lets them simply copy physical mutations. This is also why they couldn't copy things like the teleportation abilities, or Kitty's mental powers. They can only copy physical powers.

And you guys keep throwing around that they wouldn't be able to copy an aliens powers, just because he's an alien. What does that matter though? Kryptonians function EXACTLY like humans do, when under a red sun. They pretty much ARE humans, but with the added ability to be super powerful under any sun, other than a red one. Yet you guys are making it seem like Superman somehow is so different from human mutants, that they couldn't copy his powers. But he IS a biological being, in the same genus as humans, with the same kind of biological power that the mutants have.

And no, the mutants are NOT humans. Humans are specifically Homo Sapien, and the mutants are Homo Superior.

And Lois has children with Superman, in many adaptations. In short, she and Superman CAN produce children. For species to do this, they have to both be of at least the same Genus. This means that Superman is ALSO of the Homo genus, meaning that he is JUST as human as the mutants are, in X-men. Meaning that the Sentinels should be VERY capable of copying his powers, even if only to a weaker degree, since it was already explained that Kryptonians can't be imitated by something, unless it has the capacity to hold the same energy that one does, which is the same energy found in a star. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Look, I don't see why you guys are so adamant, about the Sentinels not being able to copy Superman's powers. The Krupt guy did point out one thing, and that was that the sentinels DON'T use the mutant X gene to replicate a power, but they use it to locate the mutants. And he is right about that, if ONLY that.

They have a mechanized version of Mystique's power, which lets them simply copy physical mutations. This is also why they couldn't copy things like the teleportation abilities, or Kitty's mental powers. They can only copy physical powers.

And you guys keep throwing around that they wouldn't be able to copy an aliens powers, just because he's an alien. What does that matter though? Kryptonians function EXACTLY like humans do, when under a red sun. They pretty much ARE humans, but with the added ability to be super powerful under any sun, other than a red one. Yet you guys are making it seem like Superman somehow is so different from human mutants, that they couldn't copy his powers. But he IS a biological being, in the same genus as humans, with the same kind of biological power that the mutants have.

And no, the mutants are NOT humans. Humans are specifically Homo Sapien, and the mutants are Homo Superior.

And Lois has children with Superman, in many adaptations. In short, she and Superman CAN produce children. For species to do this, they have to both be of at least the same Genus. This means that Superman is ALSO of the Homo genus, meaning that he is JUST as human as the mutants are, in X-men. Meaning that the Sentinels should be VERY capable of copying his powers, even if only to a weaker degree, since it was already explained that Kryptonians can't be imitated by something, unless it has the capacity to hold the same energy that one does, which is the same energy found in a star. thumb up

Correct, though I don't know what you mean by if ONLY that. You pretty much repeated what I've been saying on other matters i.e. they can replicate his powers... it doesn't matter that he's an "alien" etc etc... So I'd say it's more than just the mutant x gene you agree with me on

Robtard
It was never stated they could only adapt to mutant powers. Show narration where this was stated. If not, STFU about how they can't.

You two didn't pay attention. But here you go.

"But killing Trask did not have the outcome she expected. It only persuaded the government of the need for his program. They captured her that day, tortured her, experimented on her. In her DNA they discovered the secrets to her powers of transformation. It gave them the key they needed to create weapons that could adapt to any mutant power, and in less than fifty years, the machines that have destroyed so many of our kind were created. But it all started that day in 1973. The day she first killed, the day she truly became Mystique." -Professor X DoFP

Silent Master
Because even if the Sentinels could copy non-mutant powers, KT is still using a no limits fallacy by saying that just because they adapted to Colossus level strength they would be able to adapt to Superman's.

That is like saying that seeing someone lift 100lbs means that person could also lift 5,000lbs.

Mindship
It's been a while since I saw DoFP, but I'm inclined to agree that Superman and his alien physiology would be something outside what the Sentinels could register and copy. They would try to adapt tactically in order to beat him.

How many would it take? Hard to say. I don't recall MoS Superman fighting a mob, so not sure what approach he'd take, though he does seem to like bodyblocking/ramming/crashing into/through things, and the Sentinels, size-wise, are a good candidate for that.

Frankly, if there is an unending supply of Sentinels, I see this fight going on forever. Kal has only so much surface area to punch, so at best maybe a few Sentinels can hit him at the same time. That won't be anywhere near enough to down him, and he can keep taking out small groups as they approach him.

The Sentinels could win, maybe, if they can hold Kal long enough for a massive, adapting-against-resistance, dog-pile-on-the-rabbit. In that vein -- and given that we haven't seen MoS Kal lift a mini-continent or push back a tectonic plate -- I'd say, "thousands" should do it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You two didn't pay attention. But here you go.

"But killing Trask did not have the outcome she expected. It only persuaded the government of the need for his program. They captured her that day, tortured her, experimented on her. In her DNA they discovered the secrets to her powers of transformation. It gave them the key they needed to create weapons that could adapt to any mutant power, and in less than fifty years, the machines that have destroyed so many of our kind were created. But it all started that day in 1973. The day she first killed, the day she truly became Mystique." -Professor X DoFP

Huh? I'm well aware of that line and it doesn't

1. Exclude that they could adapt to powers non mutant

2. Doesn't change the fact that I had to correct people that were saying they adapted to the mutant x gene.. when in fact that was used for location and to differentiate.

3. Further still, this doesn't change the fact that the OP likely wanted them to be able to adapt. That is something that can't be gotten around whether they can or not.

SSJGGogeta
Correct, though I don't know what you mean by if ONLY that. You pretty much repeated what I've been saying on other matters i.e. they can replicate his powers... it doesn't matter that he's an "alien" etc etc... So I'd say it's more than just the mutant x gene you agree with me on

No, I said "ONLY" that, because the basis for the rest of your argument was the fact that the OP wanted the Sentinels to be able to absorb Superman's powers.

Going by that logic, it would basically be Superman vs. a hoard of Kryptonian powered robots, which would obviously beat him, since two Kryptonians had the advantage against him. Not to mention that it would be pointless anyway, since that would be giving them powers that they don't have, meaning that the fight wouldn't be the actual movie Sentinels, but fannon ones instead.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because even if the Sentinels could copy non-mutant powers, KT is still using a no limits fallacy by saying that just because they adapted to Colossus level strength they would be able to adapt to Superman's.

That is like saying that seeing someone lift 100lbs means that person could also lift 5,000lbs.

Do you even know what a non limits fallacy is? I mean really this is beyond getting silly now. They were shown adapting to somebody known for their strength and durability. They did so EASILY. It's not up to me to prove that they couldn't adapt to superman's strength. That would be for you to prove. You need to learn where the burden lies. If I would've said.. look they adapted to Kitty's strength thus they could superman's. Sure they would be stretching things some and to an illogical degree. However, when they are shown ripping somebody in half that is incredibly durable and very strong... That isn't stretching things at all. In fact, that is pretty solid proof. Clearly they can adapt to considerable strength and even surpass it (ripping him in half) . Now, if you have proof that they can't adapt to superman level strength but can Colossus level then post it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
No, I said "ONLY" that, because the basis for the rest of your argument was the fact that the OP wanted the Sentinels to be able to absorb Superman's powers.

Going by that logic, it would basically be Superman vs. a hoard of Kryptonian powered robots, which would obviously beat him, since two Kryptonians had the advantage against him. Not to mention that it would be pointless anyway, since that would be giving them powers that they don't have, meaning that the fight wouldn't be the actual movie Sentinels, but fannon ones instead.

Are you new to the forums? this happens all the time. Thor fights superman and both have no powers (yet we knew do). Fight between Thanos and superman but Thaoos can't amp his fist (though we know he can and does so regularly) These stipulations happen all the time to make the fight more fair and even give or taken away powers and abilities. This is common place. The reason it makes sense is because he asked how many would it take to beat him. So, the answer could very well be two (using your kryptonian example) or maybe it takes more as some would be destroyed before they adapted. So the fact that he wants them to adapt doesn't in any way make this a non fight. He was simply asking how many would it take.

Silent Master
As Superman is stronger than Colossus, you do have to prove that they can adapt to his level, otherwise you're basically saying that adapting to movie Colossus is proof that they could adapt to comic Thanos.

Robtard
Huh? I'm well aware of that line and it doesn't

1. Exclude that they could adapt to powers non mutant

2. Doesn't change the fact that I had to correct people that were saying they adapted to the mutant x gene.. when in fact that was used for location and to differentiate.

3. Further still, this doesn't change the fact that the OP likely wanted them to be able to adapt. That is something that can't be gotten around whether they can or not.

You're using a no limit fallacy again. "If they can adapt to mutant powers, they can adapt to anything." It's specifically stated and shown that they adapt to mutant powers. If you think they can adapt to something else, no problem, but it's on you to prove it. That's how the burden of proof works. eg If I claimed they could adapt to HP magic, I would have to prove it, not "it's true unless proven false."

Incorrect. They adapt to mutant powers, that would be the mutant x-gene in the person.

Someone making a poorly thought-out fight isn't new in here. It happens.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Mindship
It's been a while since I saw DoFP, but I'm inclined to agree that Superman and his alien physiology would be something outside what the Sentinels could register and copy. They would try to adapt tactically in order to beat him.

How many would it take? Hard to say. I don't recall MoS Superman fighting a mob, so not sure what approach he'd take, though he does seem to like bodyblocking/ramming/crashing into/through things, and the Sentinels, size-wise, are a good candidate for that.

Frankly, if there is an unending supply of Sentinels, I see this fight going on forever. Kal has only so much surface area to punch, so at best maybe a few Sentinels can hit him at the same time. That won't be anywhere near enough to down him, and he can keep taking out small groups as they approach him.

The Sentinels could win, maybe, if they can hold Kal long enough for a massive, adapting-against-resistance, dog-pile-on-the-rabbit. In that vein -- and given that we haven't seen MoS Kal lift a mini-continent or push back a tectonic plate -- I'd say, "thousands" should do it.

So you believe the OP wanted superman to fight a whole bunch of robots who can't adapt and vastly limits their ability and formidability? Sorry, that doesn't make logical sense.

SSJGGogeta

I agree. That's why I said that their powers would be nerfed, even if they copied his.

See, they wouldn't be copying his super strength, they'd be copying his cellular structure, which makes him a solar battery, and allows him to have massively amped physical abilities. However, they showed difficulty with energy absorption, at the levels of the mutants in the movie, although they did overcome them. However, there is a BIG difference in absorbing enough energy to create a jet-sized explosion, and fueling a STAR. Meaning their powers would be WAYY lower than his, although they'd still be MUCH more powerful. However, their numbers are what might be able to pull them a win here, although it's still very doubtful.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're using a no limit fallacy again. "If they can adapt to mutant powers, they can adapt to anything." It's specifically stated and shown that they adapt to mutant powers. If you think they can adapt to something else, no problem, but it's for you to prove it. That's how the burden of proof works.

Incorrect. They adapt to mutant powers, that would be the mutant x-gene in the person.

Someone making a poorly thought-out fight isn't new in here. It happens.

They have to experience the power first, so I was spot on. If they just adapted to the mutant x gene.. as soon as they appeared they would be adapted. So the x gene as was stated was used for locating and separating them from humans THEN would adapt. It was shown that way over and over. They weren't adapting to the mutant x gene... if that was the case they would show up already adapted. They clearly couldn't do so and had to experience exactly what power the x gene produced in this mutant.

Your last line was funny though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree. That's why I said that their powers would be nerfed, even if they copied his.

See, they wouldn't be copying his super strength, they'd be copying his cellular structure, which makes him a solar battery, and allows him to have massively amped physical abilities. However, they showed difficulty with energy absorption, at the levels of the mutants in the movie, although they did overcome them. However, there is a BIG difference in absorbing enough energy to create a jet-sized explosion, and fueling a STAR. Meaning their powers would be WAYY lower than his, although they'd still be MUCH more powerful. However, their numbers are what might be able to pull them a win here, although it's still very doubtful.

what do you mean they didn't adapt to strength. They adapted to somebody super stronger in colossus and torn him in half. They clearly had no issue adapting to somebody really strong and durable

Robtard
They have to experience the power first, so I was spot on. If they just adapted to the mutant x gene.. as soon as they appeared they would be adapted. So the x gene as was stated was used for locating and separating them from humans THEN would adapt. It was shown that way over and over. They weren't adapting to the mutant x gene... if that was the case they would show up already adapted. They clearly couldn't do so and had to experience exactly what power the x gene produced in this mutant.

Your last line was funny though.

Having to experience the power first doesn't change anything, they're still adapting to mutant powers because they're mutant powers (the X-gene) and that's what they were built to do, which was designed around using Raven's genetics (another mutant).

Glad you dropped the "they'll just adapt to Superman." nonsense thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Having to experience the power first doesn't change anything, they're still adapting to mutant powers because they're mutant powers (the X-gene) and that's what they were built to do, which was designed around using Raven's genetics (another mutant).

Glad you dropped the "they'll just adapt to Superman." nonsense thumb up

I never argued whether they could or not adapt to a kryptonian... Nobody would know for sure what they can or can't adapt to. I'm fine with them not being able to superman, what I've said and maintained.. is that the OP wants them to adapt to superman and thus they can for this thread. I've been very clear in this regard

Robtard
We do know with 100% certainty what they can (and thereby can't) adapt too, as Xavier clearly stated "could adapt to any mutant power".

Wolverine's healing = Mutant Power = Sentinel adapts

Iceman's ice blasting = Mutant Power = Sentinel adapts

Superman powers = Alien cells that act as solar batteries which produce an assortment of abilities = not a mutant power = Sentinel can't adapt

HP Wizards = Magic = not a mutant power = Sentinel can't adapt

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

edit: To further cement that "mutant power" is key to them adapting, an exploding X-Jet destroyed them (ie they didn't adapt), while they easily shrugged off the mutant's attacks.

Silent Master
I could go on, but I think you get the idea

Are you sure that you're not giving him way too much credit?

Time Immemorial
laughing out loud

Robtard
Are you sure that you're not giving him way too much credit?

Only time will tell.

Time Immemorial
Time always tells, and is usually correct when it comes to KT.

Time does not favor his rants.

SSJGGogeta
We do know with 100% certainty what they can (and thereby can't) adapt too, as Xavier clearly stated "could adapt to any mutant power".

Superman powers = Alien cells that act as solar batteries which produce an assortment of abilities = not a mutant power = Sentinel can't adapt

edit: To further cement that "mutant power" is key to them adapting, an exploding X-Jet destroyed them (ie they didn't adapt), while they easily shrugged off the mutant's attacks.

You're taking this too literally. What would be considered a mutant in X-men?

A strain of human, from a different planet, that can absorb yellow solar energy, due to its biology?

I venture a guess that it WOULD be considered a mutant. If nothing else, it serves logical that they could copy more than JUST a mutant X gene, considering they used Mystique's power, which allowed her to turn into any humanoid.

Basically, what you're arguing here is that the Sentinels couldn't mimic Superman's powers because he's an alien. If that's true though, then why could they adapt to Thor in the comics?

It's still possible that they couldn't mimic Superman's powers, but it's also possible that they COULD. What you have to understand is that Superman's powers are biological, and the Sentinels are able to adapt to a mutants BIOLOGY, as long as they are of the homo genus. Which Superman is. thumb up

Time Immemorial
Ok but here we go by the MVF Golden Rule,

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

SSJGGogeta
Ok but here we go by the MVF Golden Rule,

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

I'm well aware. I brought up the comics to make a point.

The movie didn't have any feats to justify this fight in the first place, unless the Sentinels could copy Supermans powers.

TheVaultDweller
You're taking this too literally. What would be considered a mutant in X-men?

A strain of human, from a different planet, that can absorb yellow solar energy, due to its biology?

A mutant in someone who has the Mutant-X gene. The mutant cure in X3 surpressed that gene, which is why it depowered them. Clark has no Mutant-X gene, so he would not be considered a mutant. He is an alien from another planet, so he would be considered an alien from another planet.

I venture a guess that it WOULD be considered a mutant. If nothing else, it serves logical that they could copy more than JUST a mutant X gene, considering they used Mystique's power, which allowed her to turn into any humanoid.

See above about mutants specifically being identified by their Mutant-X gene. Not simply by being different to a normal human. If you do not posses the Mutant-X gene, you would not be considered the same species as they are, even if your biology is different to a normal human.

Basically, what you're arguing here is that the Sentinels couldn't mimic Superman's powers because he's an alien. If that's true though, then why could they adapt to Thor in the comics?

This is not the comics. What comic sentinels are capable or not capable of has no bearing on this match.

It's still possible that they couldn't mimic Superman's powers, but it's also possible that they COULD. What you have to understand is that Superman's powers are biological, and the Sentinels are able to adapt to a mutants BIOLOGY, as long as they are of the homo genus. Which Superman is. thumb up

If you want to claim they can adapt you have to PROVE it. You cannot ask others to prove the negative of a claim you made. And simply saying that they can adapt to Superman because he isn't human is nothing but speculation, and can be disregarded in this thread.

Also, even if Superman possessed the Mutant-X gene, their adaptation isn't a 100% power counter either, or they would have evolved the ability to nullify Blink's portals etc. So their powers had limits, even against actual mutants.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
A mutant in someone who has the Mutant-X gene. The mutant cure in X3 surpressed that gene, which is why it depowered them. Clark has no Mutant-X gene, so he would not be considered a mutant. He is an alien from another planet, so he would be considered an alien from another planet.

See above about mutants specifically being identified by their Mutant-X gene. Not simply by being different to a normal human. If you do not posses the Mutant-X gene, you would not be considered the same species as they are, even if your biology is different to a normal human.

This is not the comics. What comic sentinels are capable or not capable of has no bearing on this match.

If you want to claim they can adapt you have to PROVE it. You cannot ask others to prove the negative of a claim you made. And simply saying that they can adapt to Superman because he isn't human is nothing but speculation, and can be disregarded in this thread.

Also, even if Superman possessed the Mutant-X gene, their adaptation isn't a 100% power counter either, or they would have evolved the ability to nullify Blink's portals etc. So their powers had limits, even against actual mutants.

That's where you're wrong. thumb up

Trask explained mutants as creatures of the homo genus, which evolved into a different species. Meaning that a "mutant" is anything other than a homo sapien, of the homo genus. WHICH SUPERMAN IS. thumb up

See above thumb up Trask specifically also called humans the mutation of homo Neanderthal's. Again, a mutant, by the broad sense of the word you're considering, is anything in the homo genus, OTHER than a homo sapien.

The point is that the Sentinels can adapt to more than the mutant X gene. That's just what they use to track mutants.

I already HAVE. My proof is solely in the fact that the Sentinels can copy the abilities of ANY SPECIES IN THE HOMO GENUS, OTHER THAN HOMO SAPIENS. WHICH SUPERMAN IS. He's bred with Lois. He can have half human, half kryptonian children, proving that he's of the homo genus. Which means that it's VERY POSSIBLE that the Sentinels could mimic his powers. thumb up

I already addressed those limits. They can't copy psychic powers, which is why they couldn't copy Magneto's powers, or Xaviers, or Kitty's. Portal creation falls under that category, given that Blink didn't just use some cellular energy to create portals, but her mental, meta-physical energy. thumb up

Time Immemorial
There is no way they adapt and steal his biology and become supersentinels, they were shown to counter fire with ice, ice with fire, hell some of the abilities they never were even shown to be able to copy... Are you really suggesting they are all now going to be kryptonian powered sentinels? Not need there own propulsion systems and be able to create anti gravity on there own like kryptonians?

They have no biologics to operate like kryptonians.

Silent Master
He's trolling.

Time Immemorial
Ah ok.

Nibedicus
It could also be argued that these abilities may have just been preprogrammed and that the unique Mystique-cells allow the versatility needed for them to easily utilize a wide array of abilities once scientists have unlocked how they work in the lab.

Their "adaptability" could be the ability to develop new tactics using this wide array of preprogrammed abilities to neutralize mutants by countering their powers. That was how I saw it anyway, but I only watched DoFP once so I could be wrong.

Time Immemorial
It could also be argued that these abilities may have just been preprogrammed and that the unique Mystique-cells allow the versatility needed for them to easily utilize a wide array of abilities once scientists have unlocked how they work in the lab.

Their "adaptability" could be the ability to develop new tactics using this wide array of preprogrammed abilities to neutralize mutants by countering their powers. That was how I saw it anyway, but I only watched DoFP once so I could be wrong.

Yes, exactly, its not like they can now control metal with there robot minds and have TP just because they can adapt. They had a good ability compared to the early versions but don't mean now they can just basically do whatever the fck they want. laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller

Trask explained mutants as creatures of the homo genus, which evolved into a different species. Meaning that a "mutant" is anything other than a homo sapien, of the homo genus. WHICH SUPERMAN IS. thumb up

See above thumb up Trask specifically also called humans the mutation of homo Neanderthal's. Again, a mutant, by the broad sense of the word you're considering, is anything in the homo genus, OTHER than a homo sapien.

The point is that the Sentinels can adapt to more than the mutant X gene. That's just what they use to track mutants.

I already HAVE. My proof is solely in the fact that the Sentinels can copy the abilities of ANY SPECIES IN THE HOMO GENUS, OTHER THAN HOMO SAPIENS. WHICH SUPERMAN IS. He's bred with Lois. He can have half human, half kryptonian children, proving that he's of the homo genus. Which means that it's VERY POSSIBLE that the Sentinels could mimic his powers. thumb up

I already addressed those limits. They can't copy psychic powers, which is why they couldn't copy Magneto's powers, or Xaviers, or Kitty's. Portal creation falls under that category, given that Blink didn't just use some cellular energy to create portals, but her mental, meta-physical energy. thumb up

Your opinion is not proof and adding thumbs up after every paragraph doesn't make it correct either. And again, what abilities Sentinels outside of DoFP or Clark outside of MoS display is completely irrelevant to this debate. Otherwise I could say Supes goes Silver Age OP levels and sneezes them all out of the solar system before they can even try to adapt.

They make a whole point about mutants possessing a gene they obtain via evolving, which sets them apart from homo sapiens and grants them abilities. They all still share a common genetic heritage. Your problem is you're using "mutant" as a blanket term when it is specifically used in reference to evolved humans from the X-verse.

Unless you can prove that MoS Kryptonian physiology is some evolution on regular human physiology, which occurred through mutation, all your claims about Clark remain utterly baseless, and I will continue to disregard them.

This match remains a stomp until someone can PROVE with FACTS that they could adapt and simulate his powers, instead of speculating on the term "mutant" and referencing comics.

Think about it logically, if Clark pitched up on the x-verse and told everyone he comes from Krypton, do you really think Trask would call him a human mutant or an alien lifeform?

Silent Master
As I pointed out on the last page, he is just trolling.

KuRuPT Thanosi

When the king of trolling says this... the only appropriate saying is, pot meet kettle

Silent Master
But you didn't say it, I did.

KuRuPT Thanosi

You're not understanding the basic premise here. Nobody is saying they can't adapt to mutants. Neither is anybody claiming that the mutant x gene is what causes mutation. The problem is, your statement doesn't exclude the possibility that they could adapt to other species. That is the point. Sure, is it possible they can only adapt to mutants? I'd say yes that is a distinct possibility. However, the language used doesn't support that they only could adapt to mutant. Xavier's monologue is only talking about mutants because that is who he's talking about. He didn't say, they can only adapt to mutants and no other species. He's talking about himself and his fellow brothers who are the ones under attack. That is exactly what one would say.

If I worked in retail, and said this inflation is really going to affect retail employees. Does that mean inflation won't impact other sectors of the economy? No. Xavier was talking about mutants because that is who was under attack and who the sentinels were programmed to destroy. As I stated, yes they very well might only be able to adapt to mutant powers, but that statement doesn't support that stance unequivocally.

Time Immemorial
Your post is a complete fallacy.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Your opinion is not proof and adding thumbs up after every paragraph doesn't make it correct either. And again, what abilities Sentinels outside of DoFP or Clark outside of MoS display is completely irrelevant to this debate. Otherwise I could say Supes goes Silver Age OP levels and sneezes them all out of the solar system before they can even try to adapt.

They make a whole point about mutants possessing a gene they obtain via evolving, which sets them apart from homo sapiens and grants them abilities. They all still share a common genetic heritage. Your problem is you're using "mutant" as a blanket term when it is specifically used in reference to evolved humans from the X-verse.

Unless you can prove that MoS Kryptonian physiology is some evolution on regular human physiology, which occurred through mutation, all your claims about Clark remain utterly baseless, and I will continue to disregard them.

This match remains a stomp until someone can PROVE with FACTS that they could adapt and simulate his powers, instead of speculating on the term "mutant" and referencing comics.

Think about it logically, if Clark pitched up on the x-verse and told everyone he comes from Krypton, do you really think Trask would call him a human mutant or an alien lifeform?

So assuming the OP wanted sentinels to adapt... how many would it take?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Your post is a complete fallacy.

Ok shoes, you have no clue what that word even means. Comical

Time Immemorial
Its your mistaken belief about this subject which makes your argument irrelevant.

SSJGGogeta

The Sentinels haven't shown the ability to do so in DOFP, BUT THEY ALSO HAVEN'T SHOWN THE LACK OF ABILITY TO DO SO. I simply brought up the comics as a reference point, to show that other versions can. Whether they can or not in the movie is speculation, and my opinion is AS relevant as yours, EXCEPT I have other proof to support my opinion, whereas you do not. And btw, thumbs up DO make me automatically right. Or well, they emphasize that I'm winning. thumb up wink

Now YOU'RE using comic books, lol. The term "mutant" in the Xmen movies means the SAME THING IT DOES, in real life. Trask explained this, by comparing the mutants to humans, and humans to Neanderthals. thumb up

I didn't say that, or even hint at that. My point is that he is DEFINITELY from the Homo genus, as he has mated with Lois in nearly EVERY storyline of the Superman franchise. What you're suggesting is akin to saying he might not even be Kryptonian, since he was never EXPLICITLY called one. It is part of cannon, that he IS a Kryptonian, and that he CAN mate with Lois, meaning he IS OF THE HOMO GENUS. Meaning he falls under the same umbrella that Mutants do. Even if his evolutionary path is different.

I think that Trask would be astonished at how human Superman looked. And even more astonished, after attaining his DNA, to find out that he IS of the homo genus, meaning his powers come from the SAME place that the mutant powers do. thumb up

Time Immemorial
The Sentinels haven't shown the ability to do so in DOFP, BUT THEY ALSO HAVEN'T SHOWN THE LACK OF ABILITY TO DO SO. I simply brought up the comics as a reference point, to show that other versions can. Whether they can or not in the movie is speculation, and my opinion is AS relevant as yours, EXCEPT I have other proof to support my opinion, whereas you do not. And btw, thumbs up DO make me automatically right. Or well, they emphasize that I'm winning. thumb up wink

Now YOU'RE using comic books, lol. The term "mutant" in the Xmen movies means the SAME THING IT DOES, in real life. Trask explained this, by comparing the mutants to humans, and humans to Neanderthals. thumb up

I didn't say that, or even hint at that. My point is that he is DEFINITELY from the Homo genus, as he has mated with Lois in nearly EVERY storyline of the Superman franchise. What you're suggesting is akin to saying he might not even be Kryptonian, since he was never EXPLICITLY called one. It is part of cannon, that he IS a Kryptonian, and that he CAN mate with Lois, meaning he IS OF THE HOMO GENUS. Meaning he falls under the same umbrella that Mutants do. Even if his evolutionary path is different.

I think that Trask would be astonished at how human Superman looked. And even more astonished, after attaining his DNA, to find out that he IS of the homo genus, meaning his powers come from the SAME place that the mutant powers do. thumb up

No, he's not homogenius, and no to the rest.

He's an alien from a different galaxy.

SSJGGogeta
Last time I'm replying to you TI.

Stop acting like you even know what you're talking about. I never said anything about "homogenius" or whatever the hell you said.

Superman is of the homo GENUS. Meaning that he is of the same GENUS as humans. He bred with Lois. End of story. thumb up

Lestov16
The Sentinels haven't shown the ability to do so in DOFP, BUT THEY ALSO HAVEN'T SHOWN THE LACK OF ABILITY TO DO SO

That is the epitome of a no limits fallacy.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
That is the epitome of a no limits fallacy.

He just making things up as he goes along.

TheVaultDweller
He just making things up as he goes along.

After all the crap in his last post I now know he must be trolling.

juggerman

When the king of trolling says this... the only appropriate saying is, pot meet kettle

But you didn't say it, I did.

Gold!

Robtard
You're not understanding the basic premise here.

Nobody is saying they can't adapt to mutants.

Neither is anybody claiming that the mutant x gene is what causes mutation.

The problem is, your statement doesn't exclude the possibility that they could adapt to other species.

That is the point. Sure, is it possible they can only adapt to mutants?

I'd say yes that is a distinct possibility.

However, the language used doesn't support that they only could adapt to mutant.

Xavier's monologue is only talking about mutants because that is who he's talking about. He didn't say, they can only adapt to mutants and no other species. He's talking about himself and his fellow brothers who are the ones under attack. That is exactly what one would say.

If I worked in retail, and said this inflation is really going to affect retail employees. Does that mean inflation won't impact other sectors of the economy? No. Xavier was talking about mutants because that is who was under attack and who the sentinels were programmed to destroy. As I stated, yes they very well might only be able to adapt to mutant powers, but that statement doesn't support that stance unequivocally.

Irony.

Why would anyone say that, went it's explicitly their power.

But people are claiming that, rightfully so, since it's true.

It does, because otherwise you're using a No Limit Fallacy as explained. ie "They can adapt to fictional mutant powers, so they can adapt to any fictional power"

That is the only possibility. Since that is the power explicitly shown and stated. If someone wants to add and expand the power-set, that person(s) would need to prove it. See: Burden of Proof.

Finally, you're starting to understand. Go with what is shown/stated and don't just add things without support thumb up

Oh well, you were so close. See: Burden of Proof, if you wish to expand on the Sentinel's abilities. thumb down

Incorrect actually, Xavier said "any mutant power", it was very precise. If you wish to expand that to "alien powers", "magic", "God power" etc. It needs to be supported first, not "it's true unless proven false. See: Burden of Proof.

False analogy. Economics is a known thing with set history/examples. Sentinel-mimicking-mutant-powers is fictional, so you stick with what the creators created and not your own interpretation unless you're able to provide proof that support your claims. thumb up

Lestov16
He bred with Lois. End of story. thumb up

What??

Dude, are you like, mentally all there? You do know we're specifically discussing the MOS version of Kal, not some kind of composite film version. It sorta says that in the title.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Lestov16
What??

Dude, are you like, mentally all there? You do know we're specifically discussing the MOS version of Kal, not some kind of composite film version. It sorta says that in the title.

He's trolling.

TheGrat1

Kal-El is an extraterrestrial life form from 27 light years away. Just because he is humanoid that does not mean his genetic code is anywhere close to ours. You have zero proof that he is of the homo genus so calm down with all the thumbs ups.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.