Antimonitor vs Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Antimonitor (Dawn of Time)
VS
Celestials

How many Celestials does it take to beat the Antimonitor?

operator616
7659 going by my estimations.

carver9
Lol

operator616
But on a more serious note, i think he can take on the entire race. Though they fluctuate a lot. In on instance, a few Celestials create the multiverse, in another thousands of them are used like fodder.

carver9
Question, would you consider Celestials Abstracts or high tier cosmics beings?

operator616
High tier cosmic beings.

Abstracts would be Death, Oblivion, Infinity, Eternity.

carver9
Ok, I asked that because of this scene.

http://i.imgur.com/BkZHY.jpg

Seen someone use it in an argument for the Celestial being Abstract beings on comicvine.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9

Seen someone use it in an argument for the Celestial being Abstract beings on comicvine.

That's not really a good argument then. In a recent comic Thanos was shown a cosmic hierarchy in which Odin was equal with celestials. Obviously with Eternity and Infinity being the top 2 then Tribunal above them is obvious but it isn't all about power. Just a position in the comic hierarchy.

"Id"

Thor is present as well.

So he must be abstract.

Right?

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
Thor is present as well.

So he must be abstract.

Right?

True. I seen that. Heard that him and Zeus was there for other reasons. Can't remember the debate off hand but someone did use that scan as evidence a while back.

One Angry. I agree with you.

"Id"
Abstracts Entites: would be Living Tribunal, Eternity, infinity, Death, Oblivion, Love, Hate, Master Order Lord Chaos, Inbetweener, Etc..

Primal Force: The Enimga Force, The Phoenix Force, Life Force etc..

Space Gods: Beyonders, Cube Beings,Galactus, Celestials, Proemial Gods, The Watchers, etc..

Hell-Demon Lords: Mephisto, Dormammu etc
Pegan Gods: Odin, Zeus etc
Mystic Entities: Vishanti etc

zopzop
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
That's not really a good argument then. In a recent comic Thanos was shown a cosmic hierarchy in which Odin was equal with celestials.
Which is more or less correct seeing as how he has enchantments that can one shot kill a Celestial.

carver9
Abstracts Entites: would be Living Tribunal, Eternity, infinity, Death, Oblivion, Love, Hate, Master Order Lord Chaos, Inbetweener, Etc..

Space Gods: Beyonders, Cube Beings,Galactus, Celestials, Proemial Gods, The Watchers, etc..

thumb up

This list helps. So it's not based entirely off power? Has more to due with status?

operator616
True. I seen that. Heard that him and Zeus was there for other reasons. Can't remember the debate off hand but someone did use that scan as evidence a while back.

One Angry. I agree with you.

Yes, King Thor and Zeus went to ask for the abstracts for help. Either way, The watcher and Mephisto are there and they are no abstracts. It's been long established that Celestials are no abstracts. Celestials have been also previously featured in cosmic meetings with LT, Eternity and co. that doesn't automatically put them in the abstract range.

Inbetweener is not abstract, Beyonders should be classified as such even though they technically don't represent any essential universal concept (such as Death, time or space).

leonidas
personally, i've never classified lt as an abstract either. i also wouldn't classify the beyonders as abstract beings--at least not in a traditional sense.

Digi
Thor is present as well.

So he must be abstract.

Right?

Excellent logic. Confirmed.

yes

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
personally, i've never classified lt as an abstract either. Me either.

...Though I suppose he would be, now that he embodies the multiverse...

leonidas
yeah, maybe, sorta. i was trying to put that together in my head. it doesn't seem to quite follow because if he was the literal embodiment, and he's dead, shouldn't the remaining universes, including ult and 616, have been destroyed along with him....? we also see his physical body dead. was that just a dead m-body? if so, then he should still exist in a conceptual sense. the only reasonable conclusion i can come to is that he wasn't the literal embodiment, but rather, maybe a representative OF the multiverse....? not sure the issue CAN be squared away, at least not logically.

Mr Master
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, maybe, sorta. i was trying to put that together in my head. it doesn't seem to quite follow because if he was the literal embodiment, and he's dead, shouldn't the remaining universes, including ult and 616, have been destroyed along with him....? we also see his physical body dead. was that just a dead m-body? if so, then he should still exist in a conceptual sense. the only reasonable conclusion i can come to is that he wasn't the literal embodiment, but rather, maybe a representative OF the multiverse....? not sure the issue CAN be squared away, at least not logically.
This is well thought out. I kinda agree.

Although, "concepts" don't really die from what I know, they can only be k.o'd, and so in-universe/reality is not affected.
On the other hand, they can be erased. If this were the case, then its affects are connected to actual reality/in-universe.

I agree completely on your LT stance. (being a representative)

The possibility of the LT being the "embodiment" makes my head twist the wrong way.

carver9
But LT died though. Leo argument would go against this concept and would remove LT from the Abstract category as well.

krisblaze
Well, we know that 5 celestials can fight someone with the beyonder's powers + IG for 400 years.

So obviously they win.

Watch Galan flame now 131

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
This is well thought out. I kinda agree.

Although, "concepts" don't really die from what I know, they can only be k.o'd, and so in-universe/reality is not affected.
On the other hand, they can be erased. If this were the case, then its affects are connected to actual reality/in-universe.

I agree completely on your LT stance. (being a representative)

The possibility of the LT being the "embodiment" makes my head twist the wrong way. Yeah, I agree. It's just that Pym's/Hickman's wording was very specific:
http://i.imgur.com/aqlNHYG.jpg
"All of reality--the multiverse--taken form."

To me, it would *seem* that he essentially took Multi-Eternity's place/role as the literal embodiment of the multiverse... But he was also, most definitively, perma-killed in his battle with the Beyonders... In every universe across the multiverse... Hell, the heroes are getting ready to friggin skin his ass and use his hide to protect them from the incursions, lol.

...So I dunno. Lots of unanswered questions.

http://makeameme.org/media/created/too-many-questions-qzo7em.jpg

Originally posted by krisblaze
Well, we know that 5 celestials can fight someone with the beyonder's powers + IG for 400 years.

So obviously they win.

Watch Galan flame now 131 Christ, kid. It doesn't seem to matter what the thread is; I seem always come in to find you swinging from my dick with your unprovoked trollish remarks--and this is a perfect example. You're obviously upset by a previous thread I evidently embarrassed you in, and your bitterness is spilling over here... In a completely unrelated thread. Lol, troll is troll.

I'm starting to understand what led up to your first ban. thumb up

krisblaze
Originally posted by Galan007
Christ, kid. It doesn't seem to matter what the thread is; I seem always come in to find you swinging from my dick with your unprovoked trollish remarks--and this is a perfect example. You're obviously upset by a previous thread I evidently embarrassed you in, and your bitterness is spilling over here... In a completely unrelated thread. Lol, troll is troll.

I'm starting to understand what led up to your first ban. thumb up
It was a joke, calm down thumb up

Where'd all this rage come from, I don't recall ever being anything but courteous with you.

Galan007
I am full of rage and hate, bruh. Feer mee. thumb up

abhilegend
Somebody call brucey, Galan is out of control!!!!!!

Galan007
I don't need bruce trying to suck my dick, you queer. thumb down

abhilegend
laughing out loud

krisblaze
I am full of rage and hate, bruh. Feer mee. thumb up

Seriously, what's with the hate?

Galan007
^ I've never cared for bruce much. thumb down

celeyhyga17
Galan has AWMS

Must be a Republican

Galan007
Dunno what that means, but I'm sure it's something awesome. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Dunno what that means, but I'm sure it's something awesome. thumb up
laughing out loud

Mindset
Thor is present as well.

So he must be abstract.

Right? Abstract concept of failure.

Mr Master

Yeah, I agree. It's just that Pym's/Hickman's wording was very specific:
"All of reality--the multiverse--taken form."

To me, it would *seem* that he essentially took Multi-Eternity's place/role as the literal embodiment of the multiverse... But he was also, most definitively, perma-killed in his battle with the Beyonders... In every universe across the multiverse... Hell, the heroes are getting ready to friggin skin his ass and use his hide to protect them from the incursions, lol.

...So I dunno. Lots of unanswered questions.
Oh don't get me wrong good friend, I know that's the case as it seems, it's just, Hickman's reordering established historical data.

I hope there's further clarifications that makes sense of all this.

VastoLord1234
Does anyone know how many spatial dimensions marvel has? And whats the best feat/s the celestials have under their belt? i know a few ripped a universe into a multiverse.

Genii96
Scathan solos,tiamut became one with the fulcrum,he solos. AM gets stomped by the celestial race

zom1967
Wow it seems to me the Celestials have taken a big fall when a writer said they created the multi-verse.I never thought that for a second,and they are paying big time for it now!

"Id"
In Thanos Imperative The Celestials, Aegis & Tenebrous, and Galactus where regarded as Abstracts.

High End Abstracts.

leonidas
But LT died though. Leo argument would go against this concept and would remove LT from the Abstract category as well.

remove? i don't think that until the last couple months he really ever WAS abstract, so don't get what you're saying.

regardless, i guess we either take pym at his word and are left with all the unanswered questions, or we assume pym is a silly **** who knows nothing and was talking out of his a$$.

at the risk of contradicting galan and incurring the wrath of his e-hate, i'm not at all sure what to think of this little revelation. hrm.

Igniz
Antimonitor (Dawn of Time)
VS
Celestials

How many Celestials does it take to beat the Antimonitor?

Scathan puts a muzzle on Anti-Monitor stick out tongue

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
Abstract concept of failure.
laughing
In Thanos Imperative The Celestials, Aegis & Tenebrous, and Galactus where regarded as Abstracts.

High End Abstracts.
Then a REAL abstract shows up and saves their asses. cool

They represent NO concept and can't be abstracts. I don't think the writer knew wtf he was talking about.

Genii96
Actually those three did repressent something. Galactus is the balance of death and eternity,tenebrous and aegis I believe represented darkness and sorrow and ternebrous was the caretaker of the black matter of the universe iirc. Galactus is also the previous eternity embodied basically.

Death,oblivion,infinity and eternity are the most powerful of the abstracts,she being much stronger than they all combined isn't much to say there aren't abstracts,seeing as there r rather weak abstracts around too.

zom1967
As the other poster stated,Galen merged with the prior eternity.that gives him the poistion of being half abstract,does it not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.