Amazing, tasers can be used to subdue a suspect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Mindset
Minorities are immune to electricity (unless it's an electric chair), can't take any chances.

Surtur
Yep, there are also obviously zero disadvantages to using a taser in certain situations, right? That's why cops have stopped carrying guns and clubs and only carry tasers.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep, there are also obviously zero disadvantages to using a taser in certain situations, right? That's why cops have stopped carrying guns and clubs and only carry tasers.

I feel as if you missed the point. Or are you maybe just not aware of the specifics involving the death of Eric Garner?

Nibedicus
You can't have cops killing their own bros can you? They'll get thrown out of their club!

:-p

Mindset
Yep, there are also obviously zero disadvantages to using a taser in certain situations, right? That's why cops have stopped carrying guns and clubs and only carry tasers. Reading is hard. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
I feel as if you missed the point. Or are you maybe just not aware of the specifics involving the death of Eric Garner?

No, I totally got the point. It was "this guy was killed, but could of been subdued with a taser instead and lived".

Thus, my point in saying a taser isn't ideal for every situation.

Robtard
No, I totally got the point. It was "this guy was killed, but could of been subdued with a taser instead and lived".

Thus, my point in saying a taser isn't ideal for every situation.

To your point(and the point of the story)t: Do you feel a taser would have been an ideal way in subduing Eric Garner?

Surtur
Do you feel a taser would have been an ideal way in subduing Eric Garner?

Sure, but you realize how it comes across, yes? That they were saying tasers would of been better used in certain situations, and the Garner case was just one example given. The problem is, not every case is like this.

Now, it's different if was specifically only about Garner, as opposed to him just being one example used.

KingD19

Let's do a quick comparison.

Eric Garner was accused of "selling loose cigarettes". His only response was he was tired of being harassed and wouldn't take it anymore. Made no threatening moves, simply spoke his mind and the truth. He was tired of the needless persecution. He was surrounded by 8-9 officers and was choked out from behind(which is illegal for the police to do in the first place). He was ignored when he shouted multiple times he couldn't breathe and was manhandled by several officers. He died from the abuse, despite his only crime being selling single cigarettes.

Ryan Giroux on the other hand is a well noted White Supermacist with markings all over and ties to the Aryan Nation. Has an extremely violent past. He murdered a man, attempted to murder two women. Went across the street and shot another guy, carjacked a woman, then shot another guy, then broke into an apartment.

So an unarmed black man is more dangerous than a skinhead who killed a guy, shot two women and two men, robbed a woman, and broke into a house in a short amount of time and was still armed? Why didn't they just shoot this guy who was clearly dangerous? Why did they use tasers? Why didn't they use tasers in all these cases of black men doing nothing wrong? Or why did they just not use an appropriate amount of force and logic for the situations?

Surtur
Like I said though, it's different if this issue is only specifically about Garner. He was the one mentioned yes, but I figured he was just being used as a recent example..as opposed to this just strictly being 100% about that specific case.

Reflassshh
Maybe Flaygon can answer those questions.

Robtard
Sure, but you realize how it comes across, yes? That they were saying tasers would of been better used in certain situations, and the Garner case was just one example given. The problem is, not every case is like this.

Now, it's different if was specifically only about Garner, as opposed to him just being one example used.

If you read the article, the other stories noted all described situations where the person killed could have been subdued via a taser instead of bullets.

Did you maybe just have a kneejerk reaction of "don't speak ill if mah cops!"? It's okay if you did, it happens.

KingD19
Like I said though, it's different if this issue is only specifically about Garner. He was the one mentioned yes, but I figured he was just being used as a recent example..as opposed to this just strictly being 100% about that specific case.

Garner was the starting point, but the article pointed out several other cases where a taser or even less force would have been appropriate. Like when they shot a pre-teen immediately upon arrival because he had a gun that the cops themselves said was probably fake.

Or how they shot a guy in Wal-Mart over a false report before he even knew what was going on.

Do you think in these exact same situations, if the suspects had been white, they would have reacted by unloading clips at them? Or maybe they would have asked what the problem was? Maybe used the non-lethal tasers they have for the purpose of taking in people who aren't a clear threat?

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
Garner was the starting point, but the article pointed out several other cases where a taser or even less force would have been appropriate. Like when they shot a pre-teen immediately upon arrival because he had a gun that the cops themselves said was probably fake.

Or how they shot a guy in Wal-Mart over a false report before he even knew what was going on.

Do you think in these exact same situations, if the suspects had been white, they would have reacted by unloading clips at them? Or maybe they would have asked what the problem was? Maybe used the non-lethal tasers they have for the purpose of taking in people who aren't a clear threat?

Look, I'm not saying there weren't cases where a taser could of worked and nobody would of died. But like you said, Garner was a starting point, but not every case of a black man being killed in a confrontation with the cops is an open and shut case for the use of tasers over anything else.

I read the title of the article, and it sounds like it's trying to bait people. The implication almost comes off as "here we see a taser being used effectively, so this proves in every single case a taser would of been the ideal choice".

I will also say I have no idea if the cops would of acted the same if the guy was white. I don't know them, I don't know how they think. I could sit here and speculate about what would of happened(they probably would of acted differently) but I'd have no actual way to prove that is what would of truly happened. They could be huge racists..or they could just be pieces of sh*t in general. Or both.

I dunno, I guess it's maybe less about what was said and more about how it was said. It's a discussion that is worth having, but I don't know if I'd begin that discussion in the same manner the article did.

KingD19
He was asking "Why was a taser used against an incredibly dangerous and violent white individual who had recently murdered someone while attempting to murder several others(injuring them in the process) and committed several other crimes that when combined could lead to a life sentence in jail. Who still had his weapon by the way.

Vs "Why are all these black men who were unarmed or doing nothing wrong or simply guilty of being black, all gunned down or killed or grievously wounded with pretty much no hesitation."

It wasn't saying a taser is useful in every situation. It was pointing out how firing your entire magazine at the suspect wasn't.

If Giroux was black, do you think he would have made it out alive?

Robtard
TBF, we really have no idea how those police would have reacted to a known black gangbanger with a history of violence, who was armed with a gun, was on the run, had recently murdered someone and wounded others. It's not like there's any precedent in how police approach black suspects. We can't even begin to speculate.

Quincy
Well a fake gun wielded by a black adolescent male is obviously more dangerous than a gun-toting murderous white person. That's just science.

KingD19
Originally posted by Quincy
Well a fake gun wielded by a black adolescent male is obviously more dangerous than a gun-toting murderous white person. That's just science.

Or a black male who if you looked at the security footage had no weapon when he entered a Wal-Mart, and picked up a toy gun still in it's packaging.

Henry_Pym
Are we still crying about this?

1.) he wasn't choked to death, it's a headlock and I've personally used.
2.) even though the coroner ruled it a homicide, COD was an internal issue related to his heart disease.
3.) he had been arrested >9< times for this, and chose to resist arrest.

Trying to act like only 2 crimes ever were commited ever and these outcomes show Racial bias is full blown retard.

I should also point out that if the compression of lying on his stomach killed him, a Taser would definitely have.

Robtard
LoL, this guy again. It's an illegal chokehold for officers to use since it can lead to serious harm and/or death. Go figure.

Garner died from asphyxiation. So where's your proof that a taser would have killed him?

Surtur
I guess my issue is, the article assumes this suspect was subdued with a taser despite what happened to Eric Garner. What if instead it happened in part because of it? Is it that far fetched to think that some cops who in the past might of been a bit more trigger happy..might be thinking twice about how quickly they resort to that option due to all the recent deaths in the media like Garner's and others?

You don't even have to necessarily think the cops are doing it because they are good people. It could be as simple as they don't want all the attention and scrutiny that comes with cases like this.

KingD19
They get away with it so often I'd be surprised if a majority don't give a shit because it seems that almost every single time, they escape any actual punishment aside from bad publicity.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
They get away with it so often I'd be surprised if a majority don't give a shit because it seems that almost every single time, they escape any actual punishment aside from bad publicity.

But for some avoiding the bad publicity would be enough reason to avoid doing it. Think about it, not every racist cop is necessarily a stupid racist cop. Some of these guys have had to deal with death threats against them, their families, and other cops that work with them.

Also look at recent things happening. We've had cops killing people, but more recently we had instances of people targeting cops specifically as some misplaced form of vengeance for these crimes. The recent cops in Ferguson survived, the ones shot in NYC did not.

dadudemon
I'll help the conversation along:

Mentioning Eric Garner in the article is click bait. The article is click bait. People who already agree with the opinions in the article are going to click it, read it, and nod their head in approval. People who don't will roll their eyes and groan.

That article is cherry-picking as are some of you. Compare one case of a white guy with one case of a black guy and make a sensational title. Hooray! The site gets hits!

Watch, I can do that same silly bullshit that "news" site did (and this is why cherry picking can be seen as a logical fallacy):

Reginald and Jonathan Carr; who assaulted, raped, robbed, and murdered 5 people; are still alive while Dillon Taylor is still dead.

Oh my gosh! The inhumanity of it all! Black people are soooo bad and white people treated soooo poorly!!! Why, America?

Mindset
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'll help the conversation along:

Mentioning Eric Garner in the article is click bait. The article is click bait. People who already agree with the opinions in the article are going to click it, read it, and nod their head in approval. People who don't will roll their eyes and groan.

That article is cherry-picking as are some of you. Compare one case of a white guy with one case of a black guy and make a sensational title. Hooray! The site gets hits!

Watch, I can do that same silly bullshit that "news" site did (and this is why cherry picking can be seen as a logical fallacy):

Reginald and Jonathan Carr; who assaulted, raped, robbed, and murdered 5 people; are still alive while Dillon Taylor is still dead.

Oh my gosh! The inhumanity of it all! Black people are soooo bad and white people treated soooo poorly!!! Why, America? No link, you're obviously a racist buffoon.

Reported.

Henry_Pym
LoL, this guy again. It's an illegal chokehold for officers to use since it can lead to serious harm and/or death. Go figure.

Garner died from asphyxiation. So where's your proof that a taser would have killed him? first and foremost.

IT ISNT ILLEGAL
It's not allowed by Sop but that doesn't make it illegal.

The fact he wasn't choked to death, he died because he was in such poor shape that lying facedown compressed his lungs and because of his weakened heart from the heart disease he died.

I'm not sure how Taser and bad heart don't send a red flag up for you but I'll blame your schooling and the state for it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
first and foremost.

IT ISNT ILLEGAL

The fact he wasn't choked to death, he died because he was in such poor shape that lying facedown compressed his lungs and because of his weakened heart from the heart disease he died.

I'm not sure how Taser and bad heart don't send a red flag up for you but I'll blame your schooling and the state for it.

My error, "prohibited". The officer used a "prohibited" choke hold. So calm down, racist.

Proof?

Proof Garner had all this and that he would have died from a taser? Cos we do know he did die from the way he was handled.

Henry_Pym
Yep your wrong. And continue to be wrong because your a blatant racist.

The autopsy... Choking causes hematoma to form around the eyes.

Again he had an autopsy, he died as a direct result from his heart disease.

Robtard
Yep your wrong. And continue to be wrong because your a blatant racist.

The autopsy... Choking causes hematoma to form around the eyes.

Again he had an autopsy, he died as a direct result from his heart disease.

The word you're looking for is "you're" and calling me a racist won't hide your racism, silly-deflection-man.

More claims without proof posted.

IOW: "It's not Officer's Pantaleo's fault that Garner was a lazy out of shape black bum who couldn't take a choke hold that shouldn't have been used in the first place!" ie more boot-strap licking excuses and victim blaming.

dadudemon
first and foremost.

IT ISNT ILLEGAL

I was okay with what you were doing until I read that very last phrase in your post.

Here is your post corrected with proper spelling and punctuation because you may not have received a proper education. This is a service I offer to you, free of charge.

-Pr-
IIRC, from the video it looked like excessive force to me. If a person has a bad heart and is out of shape, that only makes them like millions of other people. The police are supposed to, ideally, use only the force required to subdue someone.

Everything I read, see and am told about police in America is that far too many of them will use any excuse to go above and beyond, to "flex their muscles" etc.

It's just isolated incidents, right? Seriously, someone reassure me before I decide not to in fact visit the place.

Henry_Pym
... You realize misquoting in grammar is a cardinal sin.

You also didn't indent the first paragraph; can we agree that applying acedimia standards to a forum response is never going to fly?

Henry_Pym
The word you're looking for is "you're" and calling me a racist won't hide your racism, silly-deflection-man.

More claims without proof posted.

IOW: "It's not Officer's Pantaleo's fault that Garner was a lazy out of shape black bum who couldn't take a choke hold that shouldn't have been used in the first place!" ie more boot-strap licking excuses and victim blaming. you are blatantly racist. You only care because of the race aspect.

In the order of esculation of force: H2h comes before less than lethal weapons. A taser is an esculation.

Iyo: dem white cops should have bought all his loosies because theoretically some guy he doesn't know at some point though, "hmm that guy is a lesser being based on the color of his skin."

He didn't die from some outlandish event, all the bs around this does is lessen people's apathy when real acts of institutionalize do racism, like voter zoning changes; actually happen.

BackFire

dadudemon
Originally posted by -Pr-
Seriously, someone reassure me before I decide not to in fact visit the place.

I have never been touched by a police officer except for a friendly handshake or a pat on the back.

But I'm white as **** and clearly not poor. Those 2 reasons are great ways to avoid getting into any trouble with the police.

Dress nicely. They'll always treat you better. smile

dadudemon
... You realize misquoting in grammar is a cardinal sin.

You also didn't indent the first paragraph...

I have no idea what your first sentence means. That's too poorly formed to be a coherent thought.

As for the second part, that's not how you're supposed to write on forums, blogs, etc. Take a technical writing class in college: you don't use paragraph indentations on these types of things. By the way, this same rule applies to e-mails: double space instead of indentation for paragraphs. Now, you may be wondering why you are wrong. That's due to word processors, monitors, and display drivers formatting non-breaking spaces differently. To avoid clunky or even messy spacing, electronic-only writings use double spacing between paragraphs: not indentations.

..can we agree that applying acedimia standards to a forum response is never going to fly?

No, we cannot agree. The moment you make fun of someone for their writing ability and education, someone like me will come along and rip you a new *sshole: glass house.

Robtard
you are blatantly racist. You only care because of the race aspect.

In the order of esculation of force: H2h comes before less than lethal weapons. A taser is an esculation.

Iyo: dem white cops should have bought all his loosies because theoretically some guy he doesn't know at some point though, "hmm that guy is a lesser being based on the color of his skin."

He didn't die from some outlandish event, all the bs around this does is lessen people's apathy when real acts of institutionalize do racism, like voter zoning changes; actually happen.

"You" should be capitalized and your statement doesn't make sense.

You know what doesn't come before a taser? A prohibited choke. You also misspelled "escalation" wrong, not once, but twice.

Nice, keep making racist comments, that will prove you're not a bigot. thumb up

Third time you dodged posting proof.

Henry_Pym
The autopsy is online you racist ass, I'm not even sure what "proof" you need.

I've had takedown training, it's an approved move. Prove he was putting pressure on the blood vessels and choking him: not just using head and neck control.

Or keep dodging like the hate monger you are.

Henry_Pym
I have no idea what your first sentence means. That's too poorly formed to be a coherent thought.

As for the second part, that's not how you're supposed to write on forums, blogs, etc. Take a technical writing class in college: you don't use paragraph indentations on these types of things. By the way, this same rule applies to e-mails: double space instead of indentation for paragraphs. Now, you may be wondering why you are wrong. That's due to word processors, monitors, and display drivers formatting non-breaking spaces differently. To avoid clunky or even messy spacing, electronic-only writings use double spacing between paragraphs: not indentations.

No, we cannot agree. The moment you make fun of someone for their writing ability and education, someone like me will come along and rip you a new *sshole: glass house. I didn't make fun of his writing, please re-read it; I made fun of stating a taser would have been a safer method of takedown than the headlock. I pointed out multiple times he has a heart condition.

Taser + Heart Condition = Death + explaining why you tased an unarmed person.

I'm sorry on the first point context alludes you. But please stay on topic or create a "you know what grinds my gears: grammar" thread in the forum.

Robtard
The autopsy is online you racist ass, I'm not even sure what "proof" you need.

I've had takedown training, it's an approved move. Prove he was putting pressure on the blood vessels and choking him: not just using head and neck control.

Or keep dodging like the hate monger you are.

Once again claims of proof without actual proof.

Another "No, you're the racist one!" Coming from the guy who implied Trayvon Martin was out that night to steal because he was black and out late on a school night. LOL!

Please spare us the "insider-knowledge" angle. It's a "prohibited" move if you're a cop.

Accusing me of dodging when you've dodged four time now. LOL!

Quincy

This is my favorite thing you've said

Henry_Pym
Still wondering what proof you need...

No, I said he wouldn't have been out at night if he hadn't been expelled from school for being a thief. Big difference, I also dispelled the notion that George Zimmerman could tell he was black, because that's pretty much why people care about this case.

So concession excepted? It's not a choke, I agree he probably should have shot him in the knee with a beanbag. Much safer and no way could that be misconstrued as racial bias; well unless it is and cops should just shoot everyone they stop in the knee with a beanbag, hmm well that won't do because the racial aspect is still there... What if we put all our cops in storm trooper uniforms and graph them closed eliminating them from having a race...and also give them predator vision so the only colors they see are heat signatures. That will totally stop racist zealots from bitching about racial inequality and the police.

Not sure what I'm dodging? You keep changing the subject.
///
I'll purpose a question, would you care if the Cop was Black?

dadudemon
I didn't make fun of his writing, please re-read it; I made fun of stating a taser would have been a safer method of takedown than the headlock. I pointed out multiple times he has a heart condition.

You specifically stated: "...I'll blame your schooling and the state for it." Regardless of the context, you mocked his education because of his writings. My point is rather obvious. I should not have to explain that.

I'm sorry on the first point context alludes you. But please stay on topic or create a "you know what grinds my gears: grammar" thread in the forum.

Why are you back-seat modding by telling people, who are calling out your mockery of others education, to stay on topic? Are you secretly a mod and are not telling us?

Robtard
Still wondering what proof you need...

No, I said he wouldn't have been out at night if he hadn't been expelled from school for being a thief. Big difference, I also dispelled the notion that George Zimmerman could tell he was black, because that's pretty much why people care about this case.

So concession excepted? It's not a choke, I agree he probably should have shot him in the knee with a beanbag. Much safer and no way could that be misconstrued as racial bias; well unless it is and cops should just shoot everyone they stop in the knee with a beanbag, hmm well that won't do because the racial aspect is still there... What if we put all our cops in storm trooper uniforms and graph them closed eliminating them from having a race...and also give them predator vision so the only colors they see are heat signatures. That will totally stop racist zealots from bitching about racial inequality and the police.

Not sure what I'm dodging? You keep changing the subject.
///
I'll purpose a question, would you care if the Cop was Black?

Proof: the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact

Incorrect. You implied that Martin was out that night for mischief. Dancing now won't change that.

Sure, I'll accept your concession. How mature of you to offer it thumb up

Of course, police brutality is police brutality regardless of the officer's skin tone. The racial aspect/profiling is another layer of abuse which boot-strap-lickers such as yourself like to pretend doesn't exist.

Robtard
Big difference, I also dispelled the notion that George Zimmerman could tell he was black, because that's pretty much why people care about this case.

LoL. This is the 3rd, possibly 4th time now you're tried to pull this BS excuse.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/GFO106/zimmer1.png

Henry_Pym
So you agree he didn't know he was black until halfway through a conversation with the police, where he finally saw his hand? Cool

Not dancing, but your still skating around the issue because your a racist zealot and I'm done with you; ignored.

Henry_Pym
You specifically stated: "...I'll blame your schooling and the state for it." Regardless of the context, you mocked his education because of his writings. My point is rather obvious. I should not have to explain that.

Why are you back-seat modding by telling people, who are calling out your mockery of others education, to stay on topic? Are you secretly a mod and are not telling us? ok then reported.

Ignored.

Robtard
So you agree he didn't know he was black until halfway through a conversation with the police, where he finally saw his hand? Cool

Not dancing, but your still skating around the issue because your a racist zealot and I'm done with you; ignored.

LoL! Murderman's second line "He looks black" and then later confirms it with "black male". Just accept that you tried to pass a lie multiple times and it failed. Not on Robtard's watch, pal.

The word you're looking for there is "you're". Run cowardly racist sock, run.

Henry_Pym
You are on ignore...

So respond away.

Robtard
DDM. Forgot to reply to you on page two.

Of course the "Garner" name is there to draw attention. Most writers want their works read and eye-catching names, tags, lines etc is a way to do it. That in of itself does not make a story shit though. Not that you were necessarily saying that.

-Pr-
I have never been touched by a police officer except for a friendly handshake or a pat on the back.

But I'm white as **** and clearly not poor. Those 2 reasons are great ways to avoid getting into any trouble with the police.

Dress nicely. They'll always treat you better. smile

All right. Well I am white, so I guess I have that going for me. Just so strange to me how in Ireland, the colour of my skin would almost never be an issue.

Then again, our police are a touch more laid back in general than American ones seem to be at least portrayed as.

Henry_Pym
Tbf the media runs stories like this all day, so it feels like it's a daily thing here.

dadudemon
Of course, police brutality is police brutality regardless of the officer's skin tone. The racial aspect/profiling is another layer of abuse which boot-strap-lickers such as yourself like to pretend doesn't exist.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Also, Robtard:

ok then reported.

Ignored.

You are on ignore...

So respond away.

Pretty sure this guy is a sock troll. Not sure who's. Doesn't seem like Whirly.

NemeBro
Word on the street is that he's pym-ftw, who asked for a name change, never got it because lolRaz, and proceeded to just make a new account.

That's the word on the street, anyway.

Quincy
Other name was better

dadudemon
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Also, Robtard:

Pretty sure this guy is a sock troll. Not sure who's. Doesn't seem like Whirly.

I made this post on my phone and did not notice the autocorrect made it "who's" instead of "whose."

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png

dadudemon
Originally posted by -Pr-
All right. Well I am white, so I guess I have that going for me. Just so strange to me how in Ireland, the colour of my skin would almost never be an issue.

Then again, our police are a touch more laid back in general than American ones seem to be at least portrayed as.

You should be good. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than being brutalized by the police. So buy a lottery ticket while you're here?

Originally posted by NemeBro
Word on the street is that he's pym-ftw, who asked for a name change, never got it because lolRaz, and proceeded to just make a new account.

That's the word on the street, anyway.

He seems to be a bit of a something I can't say. Wish he was nicer and more open-minded because I seem to be the only one arguing, slightly, from some of his perspectives with any modicum of logic.

jmarsh456
Great News

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.