Daughter of Two Moms Comes Out Against Gay Marriage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/daughter-of-two-moms-comes-out-against-gay-113987192687.html

What do you guys think about this?

Esau Cairn
Wishing for a father that actually cared & loved her instead of having a dead beat one that wasn't there...has nothing to do with gay marriages.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Wishing for a father that actually cared & loved her instead of having a dead beat one that wasn't there...has nothing to do with gay marriages. thumb up

Robtard

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
She's cute though; would smash

She's been smashed at least 4 times having 4 kids n'all.

Henry_Pym
Didn't read... Let me guess it's some religion thing?

BackFire
Best outlaw gay marriage, then.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by |King Joker|
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/daughter-of-two-moms-comes-out-against-gay-113987192687.html

What do you guys think about this?

The lady's right. A second mom doesn't really take the place of a good father.

Spawningpool
That ungrateful b1tch

dadudemon
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

I agree that the optimal child-rearing home contains a kind and active father and a kind and active mother (active as in actively parenting and caring for the children). No one with a shred of honesty would dispute that.

But it is highly likely that a home with 2 fathers who are also kind and active, may have similar positive results as the first option (doesn't matter: could be mothers, too).

People from the LGBTQ community like to point to a recently (2010) released study as evidence that Lesbian Mothers have children that are above average in multiple areas compared to the population.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/126/1/28.full

However, there are very clear issues with this study. The issues are so severe that the science appears to be put together but quacks to fit an agenda (that should be obvious: funding came from a Lesbian organization).* In order for this study to be valid, they need to compare their results to:

1. Straight couples who remained together, on average, as long as the lesbian mothers.
2. Straight couples with similar SES (education and income) levels.
3. Also received artificial insemination.
4. Also volunteered to be studied for 15-20 years during the same period of time and maintained a 93% retention rate through the end of the study.

None of those 4 criteria were met/compared in straight couples that the sample group contained. And people are just supposed to accept the "science." Also when a study says the following, "Despite more than 3 decades of cross-sectional research demonstrating that the psychological adjustment of children is unrelated to their parents' sexual orientation...", you can be sure there is a clear bias because one of the biggest criticisms of this particular area is lack of good studies with good samples.

Here's my conclusion: if it can be shown that, on average, lesbian and gay couples have a 7% worse outcome for children, who cares? If we make it illegal for them to have/adopt children (or condemn them), then we need to do the same for mothers who are over 38 years (due to the increase in birth defects). It's a slippery slope argument. Now, if someone out there conducts a genuine study, a good study, not this bullshit from Regnerus or Gantrell and Bos, and they show that children of homosexual parents have severely worse outcomes, yeah, perhaps we should consider setting up some programs to help those children (notice I didn't say make it illegal for them to raise children?).

*"The NLLFS was supported in part by grants from the Gill Foundation, the Lesbian Health Fund of the Gay Lesbian Medical Association, Horizons Foundation, and the Roy Scrivner Fund of the American Psychological Foundation. Funding sources played no role in the design or conduct of the study; the management, analysis, or interpretation of the data; or the preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript."

Existere
Originally posted by dadudemon
(notice I didn't say make it illegal for them to raise children?).
nor illegal for them to marry.

Mindset
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Wishing for a father that actually cared & loved her instead of having a dead beat one that wasn't there...has nothing to do with gay marriages. She wished she had a father.

She had two mothers.

I really have no opinion on this, but you seem to not be getting her point.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Existere
nor illegal for them to marry. thumb up

I sincerely apologize if I implied anything that did not agree with what you said, here. Equal marriage rights has been something I've strongly supported for quite some time.

Reflassshh
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there a lot of people lacking a mother or a father that don't go around making rants like this woman? I mean, well, you didn't have a father, too bad. Get over it geez.

This girl seems VERY ungrateful and childish imo.

bluewaterrider

I agree that the optimal child-rearing home contains a kind and active father and a kind and active mother
(active as in actively parenting and caring for the children).

dadudemon
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there a lot of people lacking a mother or a father that don't go around making rants like this woman? I mean, well, you didn't have a father, too bad. Get over it geez.

This girl seems VERY ungrateful and childish imo.

But there are also a lot of people that go around whining and resenting their missing parent, too.

"Where was my father?"

"Where was my mother?" Etc.

Trust me. I live in Oklahoma. Lots of single parents...lots of teen pregnancy.

Existere
thumb up

I sincerely apologize if I implied anything that did not agree with what you said, here. Equal marriage rights has been something I've strongly supported for quite some time. No, not at all.

I just wanted to echo the obvious point: this 'daughter of two moms' has voiced a concern over gay parenting (and her father's abandonment), and used it to speak out against gay marriage. You were quoting bluewaterrider, who doesn't seem to understand that the issues are distinct, and all this missing-dad-angst is totally misplaced.

Henry_Pym
I guess I can get her point, she craved masculine influence and wanted it.

This whole forum backlash of spoilage is kinda dumb, who strides to be mediocre?

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Existere
No, not at all.

I just wanted to echo the obvious point: this 'daughter of two moms' has voiced a concern over gay parenting (and her father's abandonment), and used it to speak out against gay marriage. You were quoting bluewaterrider, who doesn't seem to understand that the issues are distinct, and all this missing-dad-angst is totally misplaced.

I don't see them as all that distinct.

One reason that a lot of marriages do not make it, is that people use transient feelings as the basis of their marriage.

Marriage has to be about more than that; the lifespan of a marriage based only on feeling and nothing else is about 4 years, if memory serves.

What's going to be the effect of a movement that espouses, "follow your feelings", your ever-changing, volatile feelings, in a serious relationship, especially one which is, ideally, a lifelong commitment?

|King Joker|
Her father left the situation. Whether or not her mother married another woman is irrelevant, he still wouldn't have been in her life. Blaming this on gay marriage or whatever is so stupid, and she fails to view anything outside of her context. You know what would have happened? She would've been living under a single mother instead of two caring ones. She honestly is extremely ungrateful and she basically just betrayed her moms, in my opinion. It's really sad.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Mindset
She wished she had a father.

She had two mothers.

I really have no opinion on this, but you seem to not be getting her point. But going against Gay Marriage itself is not the way to handle it.

Nephthys
I agree that the optimal child-rearing home contains a kind and active father and a kind and active mother (active as in actively parenting and caring for the children). No one with a shred of honesty would dispute that.

Oh really?

Her father left the situation. Whether or not her mother married another woman is irrelevant, he still wouldn't have been in her life. Blaming this on gay marriage or whatever is so stupid, and she fails to view anything outside of her context. You know what would have happened? She would've been living under a single mother instead of two caring ones. She honestly is extremely ungrateful and she basically just betrayed her moms, in my opinion. It's really sad.

thumb up

ArtificialGlory
Yes, really.

Anyway, she was taught to stand up for what she believes in and she is doing precisely that ― misguided or not.

Jmanghan
It's wrong, and ****ed up.

She needs to get slapped, opinions are ok, as long as they aren't heartless, messed-up opinion.

Like people saying "Rape is ok in certain situations".

Also, this.

Why does it bother you so much? Don't be part of their lives, but don't try to ruin their relationship, you selfish *****.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Jmanghan
It's wrong, and ****ed up.

She needs to get slapped, opinions are ok, as long as they aren't heartless, messed-up opinion.

Like people saying "Rape is ok in certain situations".

Also, this.

Why does it bother you so much? Don't be part of their lives, but don't try to ruin their relationship, you selfish *****.

Like physically slapped? And who's going to be the one to do it? You, tough guy?

Whether you think her opinion is right or wrong is one thing, but she's free to express it. Thankfully, no one can stop her from doing so.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Like physically slapped? And who's going to be the one to do it? You, tough guy?

Whether you think her opinion is right or wrong is one thing, but she's free to express it. Thankfully, no one can stop her from doing so. I believe it's wrong to hit women, my sister punched me in the face and I didn't even restrain her.

Also, if your opinion is messed up, I will go against it in every way, shape, and form.

Homophobia isn't a thing, people are just assholes that want a perfect world.

ArtificialGlory
I believe it's wrong to hit women, my sister punched me in the face and I didn't even restrain her.

Also, if your opinion is messed up, I will go against it in every way, shape, and form.

Homophobia isn't a thing, people are just assholes that want a perfect world.

So who's gonna do the slapping then?

Even to the point of trying to make it illegal to express it?

Wanting a perfect world makes one an *******?

Jmanghan
Society's view of a perfect world is all normal people, no gay marriage, no interracial marriages even. It's wrong to judge someone based on sexual preference, its not about the law, it should just be right/wrong.

Jmanghan
I'm not saying to take away her free speech. I'm saying it's wrong. I also am far from being a pacifist, if a guy pisses me off on purpose in real life, I will not hesitate to hit them.

Jmanghan
Women can fight amongst themselves, when I say she should be slapped, I mean she SHOULD be slapped, not that she would.

ArtificialGlory
Society's view of a perfect world is all normal people, no gay marriage, no interracial marriages even. It's wrong to judge someone based on sexual preference, its not about the law, it should just be right/wrong.

You sure that's how society thinks? How would you even determine that? I would say that your idea of what society thinks would be a perfect world is quite naive.

And how many people did you have to hit because they expressed opinions you thought were 'wrong'?

So you're saying that it's OK to use physical violence as long as the parties are of the same gender?

Jmanghan
As long as it isn't bullying. Btw, what I meant by "pissing me off", is trying to bully me or such, or pick on me. But yes, being against gay marriage is wrong, and you're a horrible human being for saying otherwise.

Jmanghan
Think about it, more then half the world is against gay marriage, some countries, you will even be executed for doing so. We live in an awful world where we have to worry about being hated for just about anything, even after you finish high school, college. There will always be that one person that looks at you in disgust if you are gay, or different. What shes doing is wrong, end of story. Maybe shes conflicted emotional, but trying to ruin her mother's happiness is not the way to go about dealing with her abandonment issues.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Mindset
She wished she had a father.

She had two mothers.

I really have no opinion on this, but you seem to not be getting her point.

I get her point...based on her own words, describing her father.
"Wasn't a great guy."
"Didn't bother coming around anymore."

Her point is that she wanted a loving father...regardless of her mother's choice of partners.

|King Joker|
And gay marriage being illegal wouldn't have done anything for her. She's retarded.

ArtificialGlory
As long as it isn't bullying. Btw, what I meant by "pissing me off", is trying to bully me or such, or pick on me. But yes, being against gay marriage is wrong, and you're a horrible human being for saying otherwise.

I agree that being against gay marriage is wrong, but it does not necessarily make one a horrible human being(least of all defending somebody's right to that opinion). I could easily turn around and call you a horrible person for advocating physical violence against people with whom you disagree. Of course, it's not that simple. Just 100 years ago 99.999% of people were against gay marriage, but does that mean that the world was inhabited solely by terrible human beings back then?

ArtificialGlory
And gay marriage being illegal wouldn't have done anything for her. She's retarded.

Correct. She's misguided.

Digi
Somebody said things. Let's extrapolate political and social implications from it!

It's not that I agree with the discussion taking place. It's that the premise for inciting the discussion is so shallow that it almost begs to be led into unproductive tracks. A comprehensive, if summarized, analysis of the subject based on literature and research would be an appropriate jumping-off point. Even if no one changed their minds, we'd probably learn something. A Yahoo article about an angry girl, however, is not such an analysis.

Mindset
But going against Gay Marriage itself is not the way to handle it. I don't care.

Q99

I'll disagree with that. Having two parents will generally trump one, but saying 'one individual is better than another' is data we don't have, and is very hard to control for, and a lot of the benefits of having two parents, i.e. having more time to be with the kid, multiple points of view, etc., are present in both. Heck, a lot of the stereotypical 'dad does' or 'mom does' stuff can truthfully come from either side.

Additionally, I'll note there are plenty of cases where parents break up but still both support the kid. So sometimes? It means *three* parents.

Sometimes, it means having two where there would be one.

Sometimes, it means 2 just as good as 2, sometimes it means a better pair, sometimes worse. People are people, parents are parents. People of either sex can be just as good parents.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Like physically slapped? And who's going to be the one to do it? You, tough guy? I'll do it.

I'm on the plane right now.

Robtard
While slapping her, let her know that while she was being raised by her loving lesbian moms same-sex marriage was illegal in S. Carolina and that making same-sex marriages illegal again won't stop same-sex couples from living together and raising children.

bluewaterrider
While slapping her, let her know that while she was being raised by her loving lesbian moms same-sex marriage was illegal in S. Carolina and that making same-sex marriages illegal again won't stop same-sex couples from living together and raising children.

I don't understand the disconnect of some of the posters here.

Who generally teaches social niceties, save a person's parents?

If this young lady is as supposedly rude and poor in showing gratitude as some of you claim, who exactly failed to TEACH her those lessons when she was growing up?

Robtard
I don't understand the disconnect of some of the posters here.

Who generally teaches social niceties, save a person's parents?

If this young lady is as supposedly rude and poor in showing gratitude as some of you claim, who exactly failed to TEACH her those lessons when she was growing up?

You don't understand most things because you're a simpleton.

Depends on the child/situation.

Adults also make up their own choices regardless of their parents' teachings. See, you're a simpleton as shown.

bluewaterrider

Depends on the child/situation.

Adults also make up their own choices regardless of their parents' teachings.

Let's assume this true.

Let's assume the "betrayer" was taught social niceties by her guardians, and taught that the action she took in writing that letter was the "wrong" thing to do, and still made the choice to write that letter.

WHY exactly would she have chosen to do so?
What made her feel strongly enough to do that?

Robtard
No, we don't "assume" truth here, we know adults can make their own choices regardless of how they were raised as children. Stop being so simple, simpleton.

Don't know; I'm not her.
Don't know, I'm not her.

What we do know:

A) She admitted she was raised by loving same-sex parents
B) She went on to rant about a personal issue that had nothing to do with same-sex marriage
C) You're a simpleton and you will not understand this

bluewaterrider
No, we don't "assume" truth here, we know adults can make their own choices regardless of how they were raised as children. Stop being so simple, simpleton.

Don't know; I'm not her.
Don't know, I'm not her.

What we do know:

A) She admitted she was raised by loving same-sex parents
B) She went on to rant about a personal issue that had nothing to do with same-sex marriage
C) You're a simpleton and you will not understand this

Hmm.
Somebody took you to a church that follows a "New Living" translation of the Bible, hey?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proverbs 1:22
"How long, you simpletons, will you insist on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/1-22.htm

Try a church that uses a standard or authorized King James version of the Bible. The other translations used only a fraction of the established manuscripts used by KJV transcribers. You're getting a very incomplete work if you're relying on some, if not all, of the other books.

For that matter, it might be a good idea to read at least a little of the surrounding passages, so you know what the authors were actually trying to communicate:

20 Wisdom crieth without;
she uttereth her voice in the streets:
21 she crieth in the chief place of concourse,
in the openings of the gates:
in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity?
and the scorners delight in their scorning,
and fools hate knowledge?
23 Turn you at my reproof:
behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you,
I will make known my words unto you.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%201&version=AKJV

bluewaterrider

BlackZero30x
Meh. This doesn't even really seem news worthy imo.

Nibedicus
She actually sounds kinda reasonable to me...

Esau Cairn

Robtard
Hmm.
Somebody took you to a church that follows a "New Living" translation of the Bible, hey?

I don't go to church, you simpleton. When I quote the Bible, I use the KJ since that's the one I read. Now stop being so simple.

bluewaterrider

|King Joker|
Yeah, she's really freakin' dumb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.