Disney vs. EU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
Are any characters legitimately stronger under Mickey Mouse then they were under the EU?

This is, essentially, a vs. thread of 'everyone under Disney' vs. 'themselves under the EU at the same point in time'

RexCloneWarsMVS
lol no not at all, Mickey Mouse turned Star Wars into a gay carnival

Zenwolf
You might wanna wait until more new EU stuff is brought out.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
lol no not at all, Mickey Mouse turned Star Wars into a gay carnival Finally.

NewGuy01
Darth Bane, Darth Vader, and Mace Windu.

ChaosTheory123
How are any of them more powerful?

What durability feat does an AT-AT have that make damaging one in Disney canon more impressive than Legends feats?

Best durability feat I can think of for shit the size of an AT-AT is that ship the D Squad used to fly through a storm of comets, getting pelted by and tanking 1-3 meter in diameter chunks hitting it.

Which, sure, given the ship speed related to the comets is high hundreds of tons to kilotons low end

Nothing Vader doesn't laugh at with Force Unleashed shit.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

What durability feat does an AT-AT have that make damaging one in Disney canon more impressive than Legends feats?

You'll never beat Legends feats. Simply because they were ridiculous and hardly ever in line with the movies and even TCW.

That being said, an AT-AT tanks laser blasts from Snow Speeders and Vader was ripping one apart.

NewGuy01
Well for one thing, it's a 80 foot tall plated hunk of metal; casually lifting and crushing one of those things is rather impressive. Secondly, I'm not even referring to that feat, I'm just talking as a general rule; Vader seems like he's being portrayed as a bigger player on the field in the NuCanon, in comparison to Palpatine and whatnot.

As for Mace Windu, he's now a warrior capable of competing with Darth Sidious with no middle man.

Darth Bane? He seems to be overall more important and significant now. I mean, if Yoda had met the ghost of Legends!Bane in that tomb, he'd be like, "Aha! Know who you are, I do not, but take time to sit back and laugh at your wrinkly bald head, I will!"

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I mean, if Yoda had met the ghost of Legends!Bane in that tomb, he'd be like, "Aha! Know who you are, I do not, but take time to sit back and laugh at your wrinkly bald head, I will!" LMFAO

ares834
Well for one thing, it's a 80 foot tall plated hunk of metal; casually lifting and crushing one of those things is rather impressive. Secondly, I'm not even referring to that feat, I'm just talking as a general rule; Vader seems like he's being portrayed as a bigger player on the field in the NuCanon, in comparison to Palpatine and whatnot.

As for Mace Windu, he's now a warrior capable of competing with Darth Sidious with no middle man.

Darth Bane? He seems to be overall more important and significant now. I mean, if Yoda had met the ghost of Legends!Bane in that tomb, he'd be like, "Aha! Know who you are, I do not, but take time to sit back and laugh at your wrinkly bald head, I will!"

Sure. The thing is though that Palpatine isn't nearly as powerful as he was before. EU!Windu, even without Vaapad's loop, should be able defeat Canon!Palpatine.

And Vader may be a bigger fish relative to his peers then before, but now all the fish are considerably smaller.

Col. Valerian
Honestly, I know nothing of the new Disney canon. Can someone fill me in? What's changed? How's Palps weaker?

carthage
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
? How's Palps weaker?

He inherited the blood of Darth Bane , and then his power level fell under 9000

ares834
Honestly, I know nothing of the new Disney canon. Can someone fill me in? What's changed? How's Palps weaker?

He doesn't have any of his EU feats.

Q99
The thing is, Disney has barely any material that *isn't* part of the old canon, except for Rebels that focuses on new characters.

So how could characters get stronger in new canon *when they haven't shown up in non-both canon bits of it yet*?

Revanchiste
Uncle scourge or Oncle picsou in VF was a nice character but he disappear from the screen....

The EU stil live in our heart so.... Disney fail.......

Sinious
God I hate Disney

ares834
SWTOR is no longer canon! I love it.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by ares834
For 3.0 but I wish ToR could be canon even if it have some scenary mistakes..

NTJack0
Disney won already.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Disney sucks dick they made the EU non canon they cancelled TCW and replaced it with a disney kids show, and they are creating a not needed sequal trilogy that's what they did

carthage
Originally posted by ares834

thumb up

Col. Valerian
Honestly, I trust Disney won't commit the same stupid ass mistakes the EU writers did. Most non-PT and OT isn't canon so what? A very large amount of that was shit. Of course, there were some good parts, but they'll just make new good stuff.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Honestly, I trust Disney won't commit the same stupid ass mistakes the EU writers did. Most non-PT and OT isn't canon so what? A very large amount of that was shit. Of course, there were some good parts, but they'll just make new good stuff. disney is just going to put sumbliminal messages and hidden mickeys in its Star Wars movies and tv shows, plus illuminati stuff

Revanchiste
THe EU.U was for the greatest and the worst....
But I'm feeling than they are gonna to have some ichue with the next moovies scenario...

Q99
Disney sucks dick they made the EU non canon they cancelled TCW and replaced it with a disney kids show, and they are creating a not needed sequal trilogy that's what they did

'A not needed sequel trilogy'? Almost all SW stuff is not-needed!

Rebels aims to a fairly similar range as TCW, it's just earlier in the story....

Really, I'm not big into trashing the Disney canon when we have so little sampling, and what sampling we do have is fairly good.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Q99
'A not needed sequel trilogy'? Almost all SW stuff is not-needed!

Rebels aims to a fairly similar range as TCW, it's just earlier in the story....

Really, I'm not big into trashing the Disney canon when we have so little sampling, and what sampling we do have is fairly good. Star Wars rebels is mostly for kids while clone wars is mostly for older viewers but it has it's childish moments (jar jar, battle droids, early ahsoka)

The Merchant
Well AT-AT's do have a city level feat in Empire Strikes Back.

Q99
Star Wars rebels is mostly for kids while clone wars is mostly for older viewers but it has it's childish moments (jar jar, battle droids, early ahsoka)

I'm going to point out how SW Rebels starts out more mature than TCW movie.

Rebels already has the parts with the Inquisitor, the Jedi trial, and similar.

And I'm certainly not going to object to new movies before they're even out.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Q99
I'm going to point out how SW Rebels starts out more mature than TCW movie.

Rebels already has the parts with the Inquisitor, the Jedi trial, and similar.

And I'm certainly not going to object to new movies before they're even out. TCW movie was nothing but action. I don't get why your even referring to it and even rebels isn't more mature then it, haven't you seen all the death in that movie? Rebels has 5 or 6 deaths. No stormtroopers die. Becuase it has a jedi trial the inquisitor and "similair" doesn't make it more mature.

Revanchiste

RexCloneWarsMVS

Revanchiste
Yhea why making a new trilogy when you have the E.U....
O.K if the moovie are good why not? This timeline was needed a remake... But dam keep the good stuff...
And you can make so many adaption based on the E.U !

I hate the one who say than they are happy about the E.U non canon. because it's often a rage reaction.

Because what's star war? An universe and that's pretty dam fantastic.....
Look warhammer 40 000 !!!!!!! Imagine the game without the lore and franchise... Imagine it without bolters space marines awsome epic stories.....

Star wars have that.. Especially for the old republic timeline.. And nice epic battle in the clone war.. And I really love Darth Revan story...

Having an universe is great.

This is not because you hate some category of fan or a serie than you have to be happy about it... The E.U was for the best like for the worse.....

Keep thrawn galaxy gun and the emperor rebirth.... And the academmy.. That's all what we need.......

Star Wars rebels Is more mature then the clone wars? Your either joking or really foolish, the entire geonosis arc was more mature then any episode of rebels, and the Yoda arc from season 6 tops anything rebels throws at it storywise

The show aren't great example both....

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Yhea why making a new trilogy when you have the E.U....
O.K if the moovie are good why not? This timeline was needed a remake... But dam keep the good stuff...
And you can make so many adaption based on the E.U !

I hate the one who say than they are happy about the E.U non canon. because it's often a rage reaction.

Because what's star war? An universe and that's pretty dam fantastic.....
Look warhammer 40 000 !!!!!!! Imagine the game without the lore and franchise... Imagine it without bolters space marines awsome epic stories.....

Star wars have that.. Especially for the old republic timeline.. And nice epic battle in the clone war.. And I really love Darth Revan story...

Having an universe is great.

This is not because you hate some category of fan or a serie than you have to be happy about it... The E.U was for the best like for the worse.....

Keep thrawn galaxy gun and the emperor rebirth.... And the academmy.. That's all what we need.......

The show aren't great example both.... what? Star Wars rebels?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
Well AT-AT's do have a city level feat in Empire Strikes Back.

They do?....Must have missed it, I don't recall.

ChaosTheory123
Well for one thing, it's a 80 foot tall plated hunk of metal; casually lifting and crushing one of those things is rather impressive.

Sure, its impressive

Not so much in the EU, but its a decent display of power that'd otherwise just be written off as a bit feat without Disney's current canon policy

Even working under the reasonable assumption an AT-AT can take the punishment this ship was put through? You're still looking at a feat not too out of place for the low end of high tier in terms of raw power.

The rest of your post was handled well enough by Ares

Bigger fish in a smaller pond more or less.

The Merchant
My bad, it was 16 Kilotons of TNT as the low-end, 3.4 Megatons as the High-end:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=10360

ChaosTheory123
Depending on the forum, that could be "city level" still

Unless the Cable really had that much influence and other forums actually follow our (the OBD's) criteria :hmm

Would be cool if the images weren't dead

I'm willing to take the calc as it is, but I also come from a place that actually DOES calcs :maybe

Well, that, and I don't cling to eye balling as being anything other than a poor man's rough calc

The Merchant
The calculation is good.

ChaosTheory123
Not doubting the math or anything

Would just like the visuals to be intact

Zenwolf
Eh I'm not putting much stock into Calcs...but this is for mostly anything really. Although even still, the AT-AT is a pretty powerful vehicle and no doubt could level a city anyway.

ChaosTheory123
You don't really need to

They're imprecise and generally imperfect given fiction is incredibly imprecise and inconsistent

I like them because they tend to be just a bit more precise than guessing with my own eyes is all

Hardly the only, or even the correct, way to do this hobby though

Revanchiste
Yhea marvel had a pretty bizzaroid canon system with a lot of atrocious things in the old comics too...
But they had restrictions.... Did they reboot the marvel unicverse? NO !!!!!!

And star war was a hudge scien-fi fantasy universe !!! So that's even more cruel !!!!
Bigger than even Halo.. It was matching the size of a stargat or a warhammer 40 000.
Tell to a warhammer 40K fan :

"DC buy warhammer all the universe is reboot. Evrything except the first codex is now non canon !!!!!!!!
Yhea ! How do you feel about that?"

How would he react?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.