Cosmic Armor Superman Vs Ivory Kings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
How does Thought Robot do against
1 Beyonder
2 Beyonders
and all three together?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/CA_zpsz20hethg.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/IK_zpsw2y2x2ui.jpg

Board Walker
CA Superman is above all of marvel and all fictional literature, this is beyond a stomp in superman's favor.

LordofBrooklyn
CA Superman ANNIHILATES them!

Digi
In both pics, things start getting blurred out by whiteness as you approach their junk. In all, a disappointing thread.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Digi
In both pics, things start getting blurred out by whiteness as you approach their junk. In all, a disappointing thread.

This deviant animal!

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
This deviant animal!
laughing

zom1967
I`ll stick up for the Beyonder`s here,i dont care what version of supes you throw at them.It is a joke,and by the way that`s why D.C sucks!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by zom1967
I`ll stick up for the Beyonder`s here,i dont care what version of supes you throw at them.It is a joke,and by the way that`s why D.C sucks!

WATCH YOURSELF, BOY!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Board Walker
CA Superman is above all of marvel and all fictional literature, this is beyond a stomp in superman's favor.

thumb up

Sj_Sharp
This is interesting.
As far as I'm concerned, I see the Beyonders as the corrispective of the Monitors, i.e. the highest "beings" in their respective sphere of existence.
Monitors are direct creations of the white page itself, they watch (more correctly, watched) over the whole DCU which they consider to be an interesting can of germs, they can stop time in the whole DCU and prevent it to go any further as story, and, finally, they are the only ones who can manipulate the bleed, which is the essence, the blood of the story itself.
Yet despite being this kind of hypergods (as Morrison called them), they studied the CA for eons but still they barely managed to understand what it was, let alone how it has been made.
This is because the CA is basically half of the very original, limitless probe, part of the white page itself (PM), which mapped and blended with the whole existence at the beginning of times.
This description should make clear how exponentially high the CA is in the whole DCU hierarchy (basically it is at the very top), that's why I still put my money on the CA here.
Still, I understand how also big the concept of the Beyonders is, so I surely won't be scandalized if someone votes for them. stick out tongue

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
This is interesting.
As far as I'm concerned, I see the Beyonders as the corrispective of the Monitors, i.e. the highest "beings" in their respective sphere of existence.
Monitors are direct creations of the white page itself, they watch (more correctly, watched) over the whole DCU which they consider to be an interesting can of germs, they can stop time in the whole DCU and prevent it to go any further as story, and, finally, they are the only ones who can manipulate the bleed, which is the essence, the blood of the story itself.
Yet despite being this kind of hypergods (as Morrison called them), they studied the CA for eons but still they barely managed to understand what it was, let alone how it has been made.
This is because the CA is basically half of the very original, limitless probe, part of the white page itself (PM), which mapped and blended with the whole existence at the beginning of times.
This description should make clear how exponentially high the CA is in the whole DCU hierarchy (basically it is at the very top), that's why I still put my money on the CA here.
Still, I understand how also big the concept of the Beyonders is, so I surely won't be scandalized if someone votes for them. stick out tongue

Translation

Superman ANNIHILATES them!

zom1967
Translation

Superman ANNIHILATES them! He is by far the best D.C character.But their is no version of supes that can beat the ivory kings.

Prof. T.C McAbe
CA would beat am army of Beyonders with ease. shifty

Board Walker
CA superman would beat the beyonder omniverse (AKA Disney).

Galan007
This is interesting.
Still, I understand how also big the concept of the Beyonders is, so I surely won't be scandalized if someone votes for them. stick out tongue The difference between Monitors and Beyonders is that the former accumulated quite a few less-than-stellar feats(to say the least) during Countdown.

As for Thought-Robot:
It was constructed by Dax Novu(one of the original 'Probes' created by the Primal Monitor itself) as the ultimate weapon of 'good' to be used against the ultimate weapon of 'evil'.

Basically, after Dax Novu first encountered the concept of 'story' within the multiverse, he knew that it(ie. story) would ultimately consume him--he knew that he would eventually become Mandrakk: the 'evil' aspect of story on a fundamental level. To combat the threat he would one day become, Dax built a living armor based on the most powerful aspect of a 'good' story he had encountered whilst probing the multiverse: Thought-Robot(built specifically for Superman's story.) In a nutshell: Dax built a plot-device against himself.

Despite this, Thought-Robot only 'beat' the first iteration of Mandrakk by throwing him into the Overvoid--the mind of Primal Monitor. Here, the very idea of Mandrakk was nullified/lost. We then learned that Rox Ogama had inherited the throne of Mandrakk, and despite being less powerful than his original counterpart, he was still considerably above most other 3-dimensional forces. He was only beaten when Superman used the Miracle Machine to wish for a "happy ending." Nix Uotan(Rox Ogama's son, who was acting in his full capacity as a multiversal Monitor at the time) received/interpreted Superman's wish from his higher-dimensional vantage point, and assembled the forces necessary to destroy Mandrakk II once and for all: the Supermen of the multiverse, the Pax Dei, the Zoo Crew, the Forever People of the 5th World, the GLC, etc.

Afterward, the multiverse itself was restored/rebooted.

Anyway, that's just my interpretation of the events. Good to have multiple viewpoints on a story this complex. thumb up

iceman24567
I think 3 can give CA Superman a good fight

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
The difference between Monitors and Beyonders is that the former accumulated quite a few less-than-stellar feats(to say the least) during Countdown.

As for Thought-Robot:
It was constructed by Dax Novu(one of the original 'Probes' created by the Primal Monitor itself) as the ultimate weapon of 'good' to be used against the ultimate weapon of 'evil'.

Basically, after Dax Novu first encountered the concept of 'story' within the multiverse, he knew that it(ie. story) would ultimately consume him--he knew that he would eventually become Mandrakk: the 'evil' aspect of story on a fundamental level. To combat the threat he would one day become, Dax built a living armor based on the most powerful aspect of a 'good' story he had encountered whilst probing the multiverse: Thought-Robot(built specifically for Superman's story.) In a nutshell: Dax built a plot-device against himself.

Despite this, Thought-Robot only 'beat' the first iteration of Mandrakk by throwing him into the Overvoid--the mind of Primal Monitor. Here, the very idea of Mandrakk was nullified/lost. We then learned that Rox Ogama had inherited the throne of Mandrakk, and despite being less powerful than his original counterpart, he was still considerably above most other 3-dimensional forces. He was only beaten when Superman used the Miracle Machine to wish for a "happy ending." Nix Uotan(Rox Ogama's son, who was acting in his full capacity as a multiversal Monitor at the time) received/interpreted Superman's wish from his higher-dimensional vantage point, and assembled the forces necessary to destroy Mandrakk II once and for all: the Supermen of the multiverse, the Pax Dei, the Zoo Crew, the Forever People of the 5th World, the GLC, etc.

Anyway, that's just my interpretation of the events. Good to have multiple viewpoints on a story this complex. thumb up
Superman Beyond is just awesome on so many levels. The second greatest superman story IMO just after All Star Superman.

Sj_Sharp
The difference between Monitors and Beyonders is that the former accumulated quite a few less-than-stellar feats(to say the least) during Countdown.

As for Thought-Robot:

Your interpretation of the book is basically just like mine, really.
I said in my previous post that the CA is half of the orignal probe because, from what I understand from the lecture, it generated (through the oringal probe itself's powers) when said original non-dual probe, corrupted by duality of reality, split in two: one part was Dax Novu, the probe itself, took over by the evil concept of Mandrakk (evil part of the page which devours stories), while the other part was the CA, the last gift of Dax itself before corruption, which is the story/concept of Superman (the most powerful and important idea in the DCU bar none) shaped as a doomsday weapon.
Then, the opposites fought on the edge of the white page, outside of story (story which is the DCU).
What is life, space and time inside the DCU for every character, from the perspective of Mandrakk and the CA is nothing but a story: Mandrakk wants to erase it until only the white page (PM) is left, while the CA's purpose is to save and protect it.
At the end of the day, every plane of existence of the DCU is just so insignificant and inconsequential if compared to Dax/CA that it's really mindblowing: I personally like to think to the PM/Dax/CA concept like the equivalent of the God/Lucifer/Michael relationship, just, to me, on a higher scale such as a metaversal level: this limitless non dual essence that is the PM which is infinitely bigger than the all of creation, its probe, that part of itself which wants to erase stories, the biggest and most powerful story of all (in DC) somehow shaped as a doomsday weapon, which, bigger than creation as well, awaits for eons at the verge of the page for the final clash which will determine if the story (DCU) will go on or if it will cease to exist...
All of that is just immense to me: I had to read the story two or three times in order to grasp every detail and in order to have everything flow, but it really was worth it; never read anything which left me impressed and gave me the idea of the word "powerful" like that, really.

He is by far the best D.C character.But their is no version of supes that can beat the ivory kings.

You are right: no version of Superman can win here, not Silver age with SoS nor Prime One Million or Quantum Superman.
Anyway, the CA is not a version of Superman, it is the idea which led to the creation of the story of Superman somehow shaped as doomsday weapon.
The CA isn't Superman.

Time Immemorial
Cosmic Superman wins

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman Beyond is just awesome on so many levels. The second greatest superman story IMO just after All Star Superman. Superman Beyond sucked.

Fight me irl.

All Star was good though. thumb up

zom1967
WATCH YOURSELF, BOY! Form of a bucket of water,form of an eagle to carry a bucket of water to freeze the almighty Galactus,give me a break D.C is for kids!

LordofBrooklyn
Form of a bucket of water,form of an eagle to carry a bucket of water to freeze the almighty Galactus,give me a break D.C is for kids!

DC is the well-spring from which Marvel flows.

Never forget this.

Galan007

At the end of the day, every plane of existence of the DCU is just so insignificant and inconsequential if compared to Dax/CA that it's really mindblowing With the exception of the 5th dimension, that is. thumb up

Sj_Sharp
With the exception of the 5th dimension, that is. thumb up

But doesn't the Monitors' realm encopass the whole DCU?
In fact, from what I can recall, besides the multiverse (Orrery), everything else (included, for example, even the "Word of the Voice"wink was within the Monitors' sphere, while outside of that there's only the Primal Monitor (white page), and the CA e Dax (the two biggest and powerful concepts) fought on the edge of the page itself.
So, shouldn't the 5th dimension being encompassed below the Monitors' realm as well?

Galan007
^ Morrison's take on the multiverse implies that the 5th dimension=thought itself(both fictional and RL.) Thought/imagination transcends ALL fictional realms--hence why the 5th-D isn't included on his Map.

Golgo13
^ Per Morrison's take on the multiverse, the 5th dimension=thought itself(both fictional and RL.) Thought/imagination transcends ALL fictional realms.

Did you ever state who you thought would win between an Ivory King or Kings vs the Thought Robot?

Sj_Sharp
^ Morrison's take on the multiverse implies that the 5th dimension=thought itself(both fictional and RL.) Thought/imagination transcends ALL fictional realms--hence why the 5th-D isn't included on his Map.

^Thanks for that. thumb up
But in his own map, it's stated that the PM is a limit even to Thought (which makes sense, since it is the white page where nothing is still yet written), so they can't be above that; still the first probe and the CA are thought as well (it's even in the CA own "name"wink, and the edge of the Overvoid is where they fought (and even the Monitors are thought after all, no?).
From all of this, what I understand makes "hard" for me to rank the 5th dimensional beings in Morrison's hierarchy: they are clearly not in the map, still the PM is a limit even for thought itself and Dax/CA are thoughts/concepts themselves fighting at the edge of the map.
So where do they actually stand?
(I beg pardon for the off-topic embarrasment ).

Galan007
The PM itself must have an awareness/sentience--that is, after all, how/why it initially recognized the 'flaw' within itself, and manifested Probes to examine the flaw accordingly... So even the PM is composed of thought on *some* level(however abstract.)

But yeah, this is just me running with the somewhat vague definition of the 5th dimension that Morrison gave us. It is certainly open to opinion/subject to change. thumb up

CatL18
The PM itself must have an awareness/sentience--that is, after all, how/why it initially recognized the 'flaw' within itself, and manifested Probes to examine the flaw accordingly... So even the PM is composed of thought on *some* level(however abstract.)

But yeah, this is just me running with the somewhat vague definition of the 5th dimension that Morrison gave us. It is certainly open to opinion/subject to change. thumb up
Didn't Quantum Superman refer to 8th Dimension and Doesn't it seem to be within the Orrery of the worlds?
If 8th Dimension is within the orrery, Doesn't it mean that 5th Dimension is within the orrery?

Galan007
Originally posted by CatL18
Didn't Quantum Superman refer to 8th Dimension and Doesn't it seem to be within the Orrery of the worlds?
If 8th Dimension is within the orrery, Doesn't it mean that 5th Dimension is within the orrery? The Orrery of Worlds is comprised of 52 alternate earths, which represent 52 different 3-D universes. So no, the 5th and 8th dimensions would definitely not be there.

CatL18
The Orrery of Worlds is comprised of 52 alternate earths, which represent 52 different 3-D universes. So no, the 5th and 8th dimensions would definitely not be there.
Sorry, I haven't heard that orrery include 3D only.
Is there proof?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Is there proof?

Galan is just one-dimensional so don't expect him to understand what 3D ist.

biscuits

Galan007
Is there proof? For starters, the fact that the Orrery is a plane of actuality below the New Gods' sphere?

CatL18

Galan007
^ None of the above implies that the 5th dimension is housed within the Orrery itself.

CatL18
^ None of the above implies that the 5th dimension is housed within the Orrery itself.
But if Bleed is entire 5th dimensional space, doesn't it mean that zyrff is there in the somewhere of the bleed space?
And Bleed is within the orrery,so Doesn't this means that 5th dimension is within the orrery?
Atleast, in multiversity#1 there is statement that Bleed is some sort of 5th dimensional, isn't it?
so at least, Zyrff can't be outside or above Monitorspace or Overvoid itself, I think.

Galan007
The Bleed is the 'fluid' space between universes within the Orrery. The Bleed is not the 5th dimension.

We'll just stop here. thumb up

Branlor Swift
It was specifically mentioned in the actual book that it was 52 universes.

Does making things up about that mini make people feel smarter or something? It was a good mini but the sort of shit people make up about it is just the worst.

Galan007
Some people just want to act like they 'get it' more than you or I.

If we disagree with what they say, then we just aren't abstract thinkers.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
It was specifically mentioned in the actual book that it was 52 universes.

Does making things up about that mini make people feel smarter or something? It was a good mini but the sort of shit people make up about it is just the worst.

anytime you say something smart i think you're making things up. do you feel smarter? no expression

CatL18
The Bleed is the 'fluid' space between universes within the Orrery. The Bleed is not the 5th dimension.

We'll just stop here. thumb up
Sorry, I will not have quarrel with you. and I will not insist that Cosmic Armor Superman will win.
But, in Multiversity#1, Captain Carrot and President Superman said that Bleed is some kind of higher dimensional fluid medium, and "rotating through the 5th Dimensional around A FIXES POINT in the structure of the multiversal Orrery of Worlds". It is apearently written as so.
And In Map of Multiverse, Bleed is referd to as All Enclosing Bulk that 52 multiverse is enclosed within it.
So, Bleed can not be only 3D fluid space between universes. It is rotating around 5th Dimensions. If Bleed is rotating around 5th Dimension, Doesn't it mean that Zyrff is one of 5th Dimensional world that Bleed is rotating?

Galan007
Sorry, I will not have quarrel with you. and I will not insist that Cosmic Armor Superman will win.
But, in Multiversity#1, Captain Carrot and President Superman said that Bleed is some kind of higher dimensional fluid medium, and "rotating through the 5th Dimensional around A FIXES POINT in the structure of the multiversal Orrery of Worlds". It is apearently written as so.
And In Map of Multiverse, Bleed is referd to as All Enclosing Bulk that 52 multiverse is enclosed within it.
So, Bleed can not be only 3D fluid space between universes. It is rotating around 5th Dimensions. If Bleed is rotating around 5th Dimension, Doesn't it mean that Zyrff is one of 5th Dimensional world that Bleed is rotating? Carrot's statement was in reference to The House of Heroes rotating through the 5th dimension. Not The Bleed. Hence why he premises his 5th dimension reference with: "See how the creepy guts-of-a-cyborg architecture keeps shifting?"

That certainly isn't a reference to The Bleed. "Creepy architecture" is a clear reference to the ship/tech they were both standing in: the HoH.

Carrot then says: "IT(which we've established is the HoH) is rotating through the fifth dimension around A FIXED POINT in the structure in the multiversal Orrery of Worlds!":
http://i.imgur.com/TsguHC9.jpg

And on the very next page, Carrot notes that the HoH is "a pan-dimensional room with a view!". Dino-Cop then mentions that the HoH is abandoned Monitor-tech(which explains why it is so powerful.):
http://i.imgur.com/Tb9hPXa.jpg

Harbinger AI confirms that the HoH is indeed Monitor-tech on the following page:
http://i.imgur.com/76L6YRk.jpg

To solidify the above even further:
Per Morrison's Map, the HoH occupies(or rather, occupied) "a fixed point" smack-dab in the center of the Orrery, which coincides with Carrot's statement:
http://i.imgur.com/JqvPNkC.png

And as the Map also mentions/depicts, The Bleed does not naturally exist outside the Orrery. The only exception(s) to this are the 4 siphons drilled into the Orrery by the Monitors, so they can extract The Bleed for their own purposes:
http://i.imgur.com/0JYeItN.jpg

carver9
Didn't I already gave my opinion in this thread? Anyways, the Beyonders win.

Branlor Swift
Galan you just don't understand how abstract the story was. When it says 52 universes, it means 52 different versions of the Source. Basically 52 maps. It's an idea. Too big for one measily Galan to understand, but I do.

Galan007
True. Maybe if I read it a half-dozen more times and watch Back to the Future in tandem, I'll begin to comprehend something THIS abstract. thumb up

You think watching Inception might also help my chances?

Branlor Swift
True. Maybe if I read it a half-dozen more times and watch Back to the Future in tandem, I'll begin to comprehend something THIS abstract. thumb up

You think watching Inception might also help my chances? Wouldn't hurt to try.

Once you begin to start thinking CA Superman is above any being we've ever seen in comics then your comprehension is catching up. Only then though.

Galan007
mmm

...I have a lot of work to do. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman stomps, easily.

carver9

You think watching Inception might also help my chances?

laughing out loud

Sj_Sharp
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman stomps, easily.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
mmm

...I have a lot of work to do. thumb up

I wish there were 52 of you, I'd have the satisfaction of having 52 users on my ignore list.

Galan007
sad

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wish there were 52 of you, I'd have the satisfaction of having 52 users on my ignore list.
It would also mean we'd get 52x the amount of scans every Wednesday. thumb up

We'd be reading a lot more scans from other publishing houses like Boom! Studios, Dynamite Entertainment, Dark Horse, Image, Valiant, etc., etc.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.