PT Jedi Faceoff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Team 1:
Luminara Unduli
Barriss Offee
Quinlan Vos
Aayla Secura

Team 2:
Kit Fisto
Shaak Ti
Plo Koon

All Jedi in their prime. Teams each get one week of prep. Setting is a wide open field.

Emperordmb
I'm siding with team two. Their superiority is enough to compensate for the 4th person on team 1 imo.

carthage
Not sure DMB is wrong as usual though Luminara or Vos could beat Ti and team 1 could win via numbers

|King Joker|
JUST NEED TO PUT THIS OUT THERE THAT LUMINARA WAS KIND OF FANGIRLING THAT BARRISS AND AAYLA WERE WORKING TOGETHER ON FELUCIA IN THE REPUBLIC COMICS AND IT IS SORT OF ADORABLE BUT IT ALSO BREAKS MY HEART INTO TRILLIONS OF PIECES LIKE WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SAD OH MY GOD.

Not sure on the thread. Luminara and Barriss with prep > God, though.

Fated Xtasy
So.... Plo beat Ventress whilst weakened while Luminara lost to Ventress...

Mmmkay.

that logic is infallible

RexCloneWarsMVS
Team 2, awesome thread!

|King Joker|
Thank you. smile

AncientPower
Team 2, numbers aren't enough here.

carthage
Sure they are especially given Ti is less skilled than Vos or Luminara, and the synchronicity between the Jedi is an added bonus.

EmperorSidious2
Ok well the numbers won't matter since kit is strong against multiple opponents and team 2 has better force superiority

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
and the synchronicity between the Jedi is an added bonus. thumb up

WildBantha88
especially given Ti is less skilled than Vos or Luminara http://i.imgur.com/4LKA9.gif

AncientPower
Sure they are especially given Ti is less skilled than Vos or Luminara, and the synchronicity between the Jedi is an added bonus.

Ti out-dueled Starkiller, what has Vos or Unduli done that compares to that?

Axle
Team 2

|King Joker|
Originally posted by |King Joker|
JUST NEED TO PUT THIS OUT THERE THAT LUMINARA WAS KIND OF FANGIRLING THAT BARRISS AND AAYLA WERE WORKING TOGETHER ON FELUCIA IN THE REPUBLIC COMICS AND IT IS SORT OF ADORABLE BUT IT ALSO BREAKS MY HEART INTO TRILLIONS OF PIECES LIKE WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SAD OH MY GOD.

Not sure on the thread. Luminara and Barriss with prep > God, though. https://41.media.tumblr.com/92640f354d0fe327b93fbb24da47997f/tumblr_nlmkvpVpxz1sq7bwzo1_540.png

*VIOLENTLY ORGASMS*

carthage
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ti out-dueled Starkiller, what has Vos or Unduli done that compares to that?

Ti "outdueled" him while he was hindered and she was amped Lol. Ti has no feats to suggest she can beat a team like Unduli/Barriss

Lord Stark

Ti? Less skilled than Vos? http://i.imgur.com/wItKhQ2.gif

AncientPower
Ti "outdueled" him while he was hindered and she was amped Lol. Ti has no feats to suggest she can beat a team like Unduli/Barriss

The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide states that Felucia is intimately tied with the Living Force and is a Dark Side nexus without her 'beacon of light in the darkness' feat, which shows her presence is holding off the Dark Side. She is not being amplified.

Unduli has no feats to suggest she can beat A Galen Marek tier character.

|King Joker|
Unduli has no feats to suggest she can beat A Galen Marek tier character. She could beat the Galen that fought Ti in a duel, no doubt. Obviously she couldn't stand against his overwhelming Force abilities, though.

AncientPower
Ti did both, that is the point.

|King Joker|
Didn't she resort to a suicide attack in order to break his defense?

AncientPower
She was already dominating the fight, at one point blasting him with kinetite attacks. Another point trapping him with plant surge and ragdolled him a few times.

She almost killed him, landing three direct hits on him before he could react, then by sheer dumb instinct he managed to stop his skull being split in half and stabbed her. Something he didn't even intend to do.

ILS
What about the part where Galen was weakened as per the novel? I'm sure that was discussed at length not too long ago.

And yes, yes, "Ti is a beacon of light", doesn't change the fact there was explicit mention of Galen being weakened. And he had a Sarlacc slapping him with it's multiple dicks

Ti had some unfair edges in that bout.

Nephthys
She was already dominating the fight, at one point blasting him with kinetite attacks. Another point trapping him with plant surge and ragdolled him a few times.

She almost killed him, landing three direct hits on him before he could react, then by sheer dumb instinct he managed to stop his skull being split in half and stabbed her. Something he didn't even intend to do.

But... if she was dominating the fight then why would she resort to a suicide attack? erm

She was clearly unable to defeat him and desperate. Eventually he'd overcome her, through sheer attrition more than anything.

|King Joker|
She was already dominating the fight, at one point blasting him with kinetite attacks. Another point trapping him with plant surge and ragdolled him a few times. Was she really dominating him? She held a skill edge over him the vast majority of the duel, but he was still capable of deflecting her onslaught, albeit with great difficulty.

I don't really remember her doing the rest of the things you mentioned? Is that in the novel?

She almost killed him, landing three direct hits on him before he could react, then by sheer dumb instinct he managed to stop his skull being split in half and stabbed her. Something he didn't even intend to do. Indeed. Except, the passage notes that that last assault had been a desperate attempt by Ti to break his guard, and that she had perhaps meant for them to defeat each other at the same time.

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
What about the part where Galen was weakened as per the novel? I'm sure that was discussed at length not too long ago.

And yes, yes, "Ti is a beacon of light", doesn't change the fact there was explicit mention of Galen being weakened. And he had a Sarlacc slapping him with it's multiple dicks

Ti had some unfair edges in that bout.

He was weakened but how much is highly debatable.

Ti used the Saarlac via her own powerd, if anything that is only a showing of her abilities to use her environment against opponents.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Nephthys
But... if she was dominating the fight then why would she resort to a suicide attack? erm

She was clearly unable to defeat him and desperate. Eventually he'd overcome her, through sheer attrition more than anything.

It wasn't suicide it was an attempt to break the deadlock which Galen was incredibly fortunate to survive.

Simple fact is that Ti showed superior lightsaber skill and Force mastery in their fight. Taking into account her efforts to subvert the Dark Side of the Force present there then it is still very impressive.

ILS
Sure, but then it detracts from how much dueling skill was involved on her part.

|King Joker|
Ironically Galen was using the environment to his advantage quite a bit.

AncientPower
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Was she really dominatinghim? She held a skill edge over him the vast majority of the duel, but he was still capable of deflecting her onslaught, albeit with great difficulty.

I don't really remember her doing the rest of the things you mentioned? Is that in the novel?

Indeed. Except, the passage notes that that last assault had been a desperate attempt by Ti to break his guard, and that she had perhaps meant for them to defeat each other at the same time.

Which is impressive in and of itself considering that earlier in the novel he had sufficient capability in Form III Soresu to successfully block Darth Vader's full efforts in a spar.

Read the comic book in which she uses a vast array of Force Powers to dominate him.

Indeed she tried to break the dead lock, gave him three successive injuries with her blade, before he had to rely on instinct to telekinetically block her decapitation attempt. She was winning the fight very clearly, his survival was not based in his power or his skill but instinct.

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
Sure, but then it detracts from how much dueling skill was involved on her part.

Not at all, the actual involvement of the Saarlac didn't exactly shape her efforts. When it comes right down to it, she was faster and more skilled in each part of their duel. An Ataru/Makashi hybrid master swordswoman would be.

ILS
I'm pretty sure Galen having to contend with the Sarlacc while he's already weakened detracts from how much skill was involved on Ti's part. Neutral setting, she'd have more trouble with him.

AncientPower
The sarlacc was involved in one part of their fight, in both the illustrated version and the novelisation, the rest was a sheer head-to-head battle. A battle she was clearly on-top of.

|King Joker|
Which is impressive in and of itself considering that earlier in the novel he had sufficieny capability in Form III Soresu to successfully block Darth Vader's full efforts in a spar.

Read the comic book in which she uses a vast array of Force Powers to dominate him. Hm, I was unaware of both of those. Still, in all honesty, I wouldn't put TFU Vader above Asajj Ventress in dueling skill, personally.

Indeed she tried to break the dead lock, gave him three successive injuries with her blade, before he had to rely on instinct to telekinetically block her decapitation attempt. She was winning the fight very clearly, his survival was not based in his power or his skill but instinct. So, they were deadlocking yet she was very clearly winning? If her victory was so clear and inevitable I find it hard to believe she would've been "desperate" to pierce his guard. I think they're more on par than what you're suggesting.

AncientPower
It was more that he just wouldn't die, durability and all of that, the one thing Galen takes emphatically against her is physical strength and durability. So yes she got desperate because after a severe pounding he was still going.

|King Joker|
It was more that he just wouldn't die, durability and all of that, the one thing Galen takes emphatically against her is physical strength and durability. So yes she got desperate because after a severe pounding he was still going. It seems Shaak Ti actually held the strength advantage: "The apprentice simultaneously backflipped and blocked the opening blow. The force of it surprised him, and the recoil threw him backward." Or at least, if he somehow did have a strength advantage it'd be negligible at best.

Luminara, though, has great strength feats and is likely a better Soresu practitioner than Galen at that time. And I think it would be quite amusing to see a lesser Soresu practioner trying to defend against one that is superior. Assuming Luminara would go on the offensive. Luminara is also durable asf, too, so yeah. All supposed advantages Galen had against Ti he doesn't have against Luminara.

I'm not even saying Luminara could beat Ti, just that in the saber department they are at the very least comparable.

AncientPower
I wouldn't say they aren't comparable, simply that Ti is better. Do remember that Darth Vader incorporates his own extensive mastery of Soresu into his style and is the one that taught Galen the form in the first place. Galen is highly skilled in Juyo, Sith Shien and Soresu.

Shaak Ti was more than capable of applying Makashi in their fight and exploit it's strength over Form III.

More importantly, Shaak Ti could take on Galen's Force Power and match it with her own. Any Jedi Master that could do that... well let us just say Darth Vader's high opinion of her is certainly founded in feats.

|King Joker|
I wouldn't say they aren't comparable, simply that Ti is better. Do remember that Darth Vader incorporates his own extensive mastery of Soresu into his style and is the one that taught Galen the form in the first place. Galen is highly skilled in Juyo, Sith Shien and Soresu. Ti may very well be better, I'm totally not denying that. Just saying basically that people should take another look at Luminara. They're not too far apart, if at all.

Yes, I'm aware. But Galen hasn't mastered to the extent Unduli has, and Unduli's physicality grants her the ability to become more effective with using Soresu. And Luminara is also adept at Form V.

Shaak Ti was more than capable of applying Makashi in their fight and exploit it's strength over Form III. Source saying Makashi holds an edge over Soresu? It hardly matters, though. Luminara has experience dealing with it, and judging Barriss' apparent skill with it it wouldn't be a stretch to assume Unduli has at least a moderate understanding of the form.

More importantly, Shaak Ti could take on Galen's Force Power and match it with her own. Any Jedi Master that could do that... well let us just say Darth Vader's high opinion of her is certainly founded in feats. Agreed.

DARTH POWER
Luminara faired quite well against Ventress (but ultimately lost), despite having a sore eye. So I'd put her at least on par with Shaak Ti.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.