Canadian Born Ted Cruz for President

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

krisblaze

Tzeentch
I'm glad this guy's running, honestly. The more idiots the Republicans have running for office, the easier it'll be for another Democrat to get elected.

It was certainly a winning strategy for Obama.

ares834
Serious question, can he even legally become president? Wasn't he born in Canada?

Edit: Well apparently he can.

Mindset
A Canadian as a US President...this is the most disgusting thought I have ever had.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Serious question, can he even legally become president? Wasn't he born in Canada?

Edit: Well apparently he can.

Obama birthers should denounce Cruz; so far I think only Trump has questioned it but he wasn't as frothing at the mouth as he was towards Obama and the "born in Kenya" nonsense.

Ms Chelle
This will be interesting and fun to watch unfold.

carthage
He has my vote, we need a man who in 2016 will stand up to Obama's tyranny. This country needs a god-fearing conservative who will take Iran to task

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by carthage
He has my vote, we need a man who in 2016 will stand up to Obama's tyranny. This country needs a god-fearing conservative who will take Iran to task

Seriously?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carthage
You do realize that Obama won't be running in 2016, right?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I'm glad this guy's running, honestly. The more idiots the Republicans have running for office, the easier it'll be for another Democrat to get elected.

It was certainly a winning strategy for Obama. thumb up

Henry_Pym

It was certainly a winning strategy for Obama. Maybe second term, First term was all "Yes we can" have a black president. Nothing beats racism like voting for a guy based solely on skin color.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
A Canadian as a US President...this is the most disgusting thought I have ever had.

Agreed, I'm hoping he wins thumb up

Q99
The thing that most strikes me is, if the Republicans widely go for the 'he has an American parent, that counts as natural born' angle... that'll signal massively that the whole Birther thing was about racism all along ("Obama was really from Kenya who moved to Hawaii with his US mom when he was under a month old... and that's bad!" vs "Ted Cruz was definitely born in Canada, moved to the US when he was 18, but he has an American parent, so that's good!"wink.

I mean, I'm actually fine with it, if they settle 'US parents count' that's ok with me, but the doublethink/doublestandard would be legendary big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Maybe second term, First term was all "Yes we can" have a black president. Nothing beats racism like voting for a guy based solely on skin color.

Racist post is a racist post.

Time Immemorial
Rob you sound like a republican birther and you dodging me in other threads about an actual birthday question.

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You do realize that Obama won't be running in 2016, right?

Maybe he means stand up to Obama's drone army after Obama refuses to leave off and declares himself Forever President?

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Rob you sound like a republican birther and you dodging me in other threads about an actual birthday question.

What? Ted Cruz was born in Canada, this is a known fact that even Ted Cruz acknowledges.

Which thread now?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
What? Ted Cruz was born in Canada, this is a known fact that even Ted Cruz acknowledges.

Which thread now?

The apologies thread.

Robtard
Can't listen to sound at the moment, will listen and give my expert opinion when I get home later.

Time Immemorial
Rob you know that as Obama was head of the Harvard law review, he has no problem with Ted Cruz.

http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

"While the field of candidates for the next presidential election is still taking shape, at least one potential candidate, Senator Ted Cruz, was born in a Canadian hospital to a U.S. citizen mother.15×
15. See Monica Langley, Ted Cruz, Invoking Reagan, Angers GOP Colleagues But Wins Fans Elsewhere, Wall St. J. (Apr. 18, 2014, 11:36 PM), http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303873604579494001552603692.
Show More
Despite the happenstance of a birth across the border, there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a “natural born Citizen” within the meaning of the Constitution. Indeed, because his father had also been resident in the United States, Senator Cruz would have been a “natural born Citizen” even under the Naturalization Act of 1790. Similarly, in 2008, one of the two major party candidates for President, Senator John McCain, was born outside the United States on a U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone to a U.S. citizen parent"

Mindset
prpv-yIApiA

Tzeentch
lmfao

"**** that nigga"

Time Immemorial
lmfao

"**** that nigga"

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Rob you know that as Obama was head of the Harvard law review, he has no problem with Ted Cruz.

http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

"While the field of candidates for the next presidential election is still taking shape, at least one potential candidate, Senator Ted Cruz, was born in a Canadian hospital to a U.S. citizen mother.15×
15. See Monica Langley, Ted Cruz, Invoking Reagan, Angers GOP Colleagues But Wins Fans Elsewhere, Wall St. J. (Apr. 18, 2014, 11:36 PM), http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303873604579494001552603692.
Show More
Despite the happenstance of a birth across the border, there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a “natural born Citizen” within the meaning of the Constitution. Indeed, because his father had also been resident in the United States, Senator Cruz would have been a “natural born Citizen” even under the Naturalization Act of 1790. Similarly, in 2008, one of the two major party candidates for President, Senator John McCain, was born outside the United States on a U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone to a U.S. citizen parent"

If the "natural born Citizen" clause in the Constitution wants to be interpreted that way now, ie 'being born not on US soil (or comparable) but to a US parent' as being eligible, sure. I really don't have a huge problem with that.

That still means "Kenyan Born Obama" fits under that interpretation too, since his mother was a US citizen. So the birthers are still silly assholes.

But historically it's always been about being born on US soil or a US military base that constitutes as US soil.

Robtard
lmfao

"**** that nigga"

"I'll jump off that bridge"

LoL, basically.

Time Immemorial
If the "natural born Citizen" clause in the Constitution wants to be interpreted that way now, ie 'being born not on US soil (or comparable) but to a US parent' as being eligible, sure. I really don't have a huge problem with that.

That still means "Kenyan Born Obama" fits under that interpretation too, since his mother was a US citizen. So the birthers are still silly assholes.

But historically it's always been about being born on US soil or a US military base that constitutes as US soil.

Agreed

Q99

Exactly.

People are trying to argue that a technicality (he's either born in Hawaii or moved there with a US mother when he was, what, weeks old at most?) on a matter that shouldn't even matter disqualifies the President and act like the sky is falling, but then when one of their people wants to run, they lightly brush aside that Ted Cruz didn't live in the US til he was 18.

Meanwhile Obama doesn't make a big deal of it, because he's actually got some class.

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Maybe second term, First term was all "Yes we can" have a black president. Nothing beats racism like voting for a guy based solely on skin color.

Or, y'know, leading a steady economic recovery better than most other countries in the same position and passing a health care law that'd help millions of Americans, despite Republicans throwing a kitchen sink at him.

People voted for Obama the second time because he was flat-out better than his opponent. Romney's big claim to fame was his business career, and he didn't even have a particularly good business record.

Some Republicans try and accuse people of voting for Obama based on skin color, but the simple fact of the matter is, he was simply reasonably good at the job. And/or the Republican candidates in question sucked at it.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Q99
People voted for Obama the second time because he was flat-out better than his opponent. Romney's big claim to fame was his business career, and he didn't even have a particularly good business record.

That is up for argument, the biggest reason for Obama's wins is his team mastered social media and got out the vote because other then that he has been pretty mediocre.

SayWhat
Might not be a 2016 election. Seems like with all these racial incidents with cops, Obama just might declare martial law and cancel it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.