Anyone here use Vape or E-Cigs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
What you think of this?

http://notblowingsmoke.org/articles/

Digi
I don't have political opinions on this. All I know is that the smoking ban was singlehandedly responsible for making me love bars as opposed to hating them. No middle ground whatsoever. Vaping has since turned that into an occasional annoyance.

I'll let others quibble about the moral, legal, health, and political aspects of it. I haven't the time or energy.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
I don't have political opinions on this. All I know is that the smoking ban was singlehandedly responsible for making me love bars as opposed to hating them. No middle ground whatsoever. Vaping has since turned that into an occasional annoyance.

I'll let others quibble about the moral, legal, health, and political aspects of it. I haven't the time or energy.

I don't smoke or vape so I could care less. Its more about freedom's taken away to me. Vaping does get annoying, however seems they are going after it for big tobacco benefit, and not for the public health. Saying vapor can hurt others is like saying car's emissions can kill you. Ban all car's then and we all should wear oxygen masks lol amirite?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/23/us-ecigarettes-regulations-specialreport-idUSKBN0MJ0GN20150323

Digi
I tend to side on the "freedom" side of issues. But I don't always believe in slippery slope arguments, and it seems like some issues are more meaningful than others. I mean, we're talking about public places, often privately or publicly owned, with designated areas for this stuff. I'm obviously not a smoker, but I have a hard time thinking that I'd see this as a loss of freedom even if I were.

It's just so pedantic. Does a guy have a right to smoke in a public setting in front of those who hate it? Or to whom it would be a health risk? Is is their right to have clean air? Or their right to go somewhere else if they don't like it? It's all a bit maddening. A reasonable amount of basic decency would cover it, with smokers excusing themselves as they need to now, but instead it needs to be legislated bc everyone just feels so entitled to whatever it is that they want.

There's likely more to the issue, as you touched upon with the big tobacco angle. Wading in with certainty and partial knowledge is a fool's path. So who knows.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I don't smoke or vape so I could care less. Its more about freedom's taken away to me. Vaping does get annoying, however seems they are going after it for big tobacco benefit, and not for the public health. Saying vapor can hurt others is like saying car's emissions can kill you. Ban all car's then and we all should wear oxygen masks lol amirite?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/23/us-ecigarettes-regulations-specialreport-idUSKBN0MJ0GN20150323
Yep. That"s basically the gist of it.
Big money corps rambling on how to control/disrupt profit of other cheaper/safer alternatives.
To put this into perspective, all cars would be running by water or battery right now, if it weren't for the oil giants.

Digi
Well, nothing has passed yet, AF. And at least in the US, the cigarette industry has been decimated in recent years bc of social awareness of the health risks, and the legislation that has followed. The industry continues to grow overall, but that's bc of their exploitation of countries with less institutional or legal oversight. They care less about California laws these days, and more about getting 12-year-olds in the 3rd world addicted.

-Pr-
I honestly don't know the first thing about vaping bar what I just read in that article, so I honestly don't know how to feel about banning them.

I'm grateful as **** for the banning of real cigarettes in places like bars and restaurants, though.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Yep. That"s basically the gist of it.
Big money corps rambling on how to control/disrupt profit of other cheaper/safer alternatives.
To put this into perspective, all cars would be running by water or battery right now, if it weren't for the oil giants.

X2

jaden101
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find out that someone proposing the ban has some affiliation with the tobacco industry and as such wants to make it more difficult for these alternatives to propagate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.