Plane Crash in France

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Damn this sucks.

I hope Bently wasn't on it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/24/german-a320-airbus-plane-crashes-french-alps

Time Immemorial
Damn this is really bad, everyone died.

Tzeentch
That's usually what happens when planes crash, yeah.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's usually what happens when planes crash, yeah. laughing out loud

Star428
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Damn this sucks.

I hope Bently wasn't on it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/24/german-a320-airbus-plane-crashes-french-alps

Considering that the article says that all the people onboard were spanish and germans, I doubt he was among those killed since he's French... Oh yeah, he also posted in the comic book versus forum around 8:30 this morning my time and France is many hours ahead of time here. I believe the article says crash happened around 10:53 am France time so I'm pretty sure he wasn't among the victims.

bluewaterrider
Damn this is really bad, everyone died.

That's usually what happens when planes crash, yeah.

Yes, with one extraordinary, remarkable exception:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLFZTzR5u84

NemeBro
That's usually what happens when planes crash, yeah. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5402342.stm

Omega Vision
I remember I was in France when the Air Algerie plane crashed over Mali. It was strange how one of the victims of the crash was the ex-wife of the mayor of the little village where we were staying (St-Siffret).

This crash happened about two or three hours from St-Siffret. It's crazy to think that a plane can just crash in a well monitored airspace without any indications of serious weather (as was the case with the plane in Mali)

Time Immemorial
They still have not figured out why this plane crashed.

Quincy
2 Americans were on board as well.

Cant imagine what it'd be like for all of these families to go through

Bentley
Originally posted by Star428
Considering that the article says that all the people onboard were spanish and germans, I doubt he was among those killed since he's French... Oh yeah, he also posted in the comic book versus forum around 8:30 this morning my time and France is many hours ahead of time here. I believe the article says crash happened around 10:53 am France time so I'm pretty sure he wasn't among the victims.

After my death I'll come back to haunt the forums.

I'm very sad that this kind of thing happens, it's actually not far away from home and it's really upsetting. No official reason has been given for it, the other crews from the same company are refusing to fly.

Tzeentch
Marginally disappointed no one's pointed the finger at arabs yet.

Time Immemorial
Shits getting worse, apparently the pilot in the cockpit locked out the other pilot..

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html

ArtificialGlory
Shits getting worse, apparently the pilot in the cockpit locked out the other pilot..

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html

Interesting. Very interesting.

Omega Vision
This looks to be the most selfish and destructive suicide in history.

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This looks to be the most selfish and destructive suicide in history.

9/11?

Edit: Unless your argument is that terrorist attacks are selfless, which doesn't immediately spring to mind when I think terrorism mmm

krisblaze
In the eyes of the terrorist is pretty damn selfless though.

Giving his life for what he believes to be the greater good.

Quincy
What a dick

Time Immemorial
Here he is..

Andreas Lubitz: First picture of Germanwings pilot and what we know about him

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/world/2015/03/26/who-was-andreas-lubitz-a-young-co-pilot-who-loved-flying-not-a-terrorist/germanwingsjpg.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11496066/Andreas-Lubitz-and-Patrick-S-What-do-we-know-about-the-pilots-on-Germanwings-flight-4U9525.html

Time Immemorial
What a fcking low life piece of shit.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
9/11?

Edit: Unless your argument is that terrorist attacks are selfless, which doesn't immediately spring to mind when I think terrorism mmm
9/11 was secondarily a suicide, it was primarily mass murder. While we don't know the motivations yet, I'm going to bet this guy was just suicidally depressed.

Call it semantics if you want.

Time Immemorial
ISIS calls him a hero.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germanwings-co-pilot-andreas-lubitz-called-5405143

Spawningpool
ISIS calls him a hero.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germanwings-co-pilot-andreas-lubitz-called-5405143
laughing why do I find this funny?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Spawningpool
laughing why do I find this funny?

Cause you live life on the wild side Happy Dance

Spawningpool
Cause you live life on the wild side Happy Dance
Thank you

SamZED
9/11 was secondarily a suicide, it was primarily mass murder. While we don't know the motivations yet, I'm going to bet this guy was just suicidally depressed.

Call it semantics if you want. Not an expert but akaik suicides are accompanied by self loathing. Suicidal person feels worthless, grows to hate oneself or is just sick of life. But there's a pretty big leap from that and to a coldblooded thought through murder of 150 people. The guy must've had some serious anger issues to go with that depression.

krisblaze
Lufthansa runs semi-regular personality checks and everything though.

Robtard
Here he is..

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/world/2015/03/26/who-was-andreas-lubitz-a-young-co-pilot-who-loved-flying-not-a-terrorist/germanwingsjpg.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11496066/Andreas-Lubitz-and-Patrick-S-What-do-we-know-about-the-pilots-on-Germanwings-flight-4U9525.html

That pic is like 4-5 miles from my house

/irrelevant

Mindset
Robtard drove him to this.

Tzeentch
So it's confirmed that the dude deliberately crashed the plane?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
That pic is like 4-5 miles from my house

/irrelevant

Too bad you didn't cross paths with him, knowing you and your excellent detective/assassination skills the problem would have been taken care of and no one would have known the better.

Originally posted by Mindset

laughing out loud

Robtard
So it's confirmed that the dude deliberately crashed the plane?

Seems so.

The voice-recorder shows that the Pilot asked him to take the controls and left the cockpit . Then the plane starts its descent. The pilot is heard knocking and talking at the door. Breathing from inside the cockpit is heard up until the crash.

Bentley

Call it semantics if you want.

His motivations are outdone by his actions, in that light this isn't primarily a suicide.

This is a guy who protected people's lives every day by driving them safely, he knew that unless he literaly lost his mind. Not only he did deliberately kill people, he also willingly betrayed them in doing so.

All this assuming he killed himself willingly of course.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset

Personally I believe it was Bardock.

Robtard
"Lubitz was identified as a German citizen and Mr Robin said he was not known to terrorism links or extremist links, but the prosecutor said he was expecting more information from the German authorities. Mr Robin added his religion was "unknown".

If he turns out to be Muslim it will be "Islamic Terrorist!", any other religion won't make a single headline.

Time Immemorial
"Lubitz was identified as a German citizen and Mr Robin said he was not known to terrorism links or extremist links, but the prosecutor said he was expecting more information from the German authorities. Mr Robin added his religion was "unknown".

If he turns out to be Muslim it will be "Islamic Terrorist!", any other religion won't make a single headline.

Why would it lol

Robtard
Why would it lol

Shows the bias we're fed.

Wouldn't it be possible for this guy to be a Muslim who was suffering from some mental illness and the crash had nothing to do with his religion?

Wouldn't it also be possible for this guy to be a Christian, Jewish, Hindu etc and he crashed the plane because of some religious belief?

jaden101
Here he is..

And to think he was right there at US suicide hotspot number 1 and didn't take the opportunity then. What a dickhead

Tzeentch

Wouldn't it be possible for this guy to be a Muslim who was suffering from some mental illness and the crash had nothing to do with his religion?

Wouldn't it also be possible for this guy to be a Christian, Jewish, Hindu etc and he crashed the plane because of some religious belief? Please. Everyone knows that Muslims are the only religious folk who do and have ever committed violent acts.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
And to think he was right there at US suicide hotspot number 1 and didn't take the opportunity then. What a dickhead

Ha

Star428
Please. Everyone knows that Muslims are the only religious folk who do and have ever committed violent acts.

As far as I know, they're the only ones who've been cutting off people's heads and burning people alive recently. Certainly haven't heard of any so-called "Christians" doing anything so vile like that since the Crusades. True Christians, of course, have never done anything so mean.

Omega Vision
As far as I know, they're the only ones who've been cutting off people's heads and burning people alive recently. Certainly haven't heard of any so-called "Christians" doing anything so vile like that since the Crusades. True Christians, of course, have never done anything so mean.
And you just ignore the thousands of Muslims who say that ISIS and Al Qaeda aren't "true Muslims?"

Pretty selective. Word for that is a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Bentley
Wait, I thought the US army raped and tortured people. Even if you have reasons to act in that way, torture and rape remain "mean". Many members of the US army are christians.

If you're trying to imply that the US army is unchristian and acts deliberatedly against God say it straight and don't use the muslims to attack your own country!

jaden101

Christians in Uganda have been burning gay people and petty criminals alive for decades now. I can post some lovely graphic videos if you want

Time Immemorial
Im just glad Bentley is alive, God love him.

Time Immemorial

Wouldn't it also be possible for this guy to be a Christian, Jewish, Hindu etc and he crashed the plane because of some religious belief?

Yea media is fcked up, I gave up on all of it, you see I dont post much about half this shit anymore. Just holding on to what I have left.

AsbestosFlaygon
I think it's time for video cams to be mandatory installed in planes.
And if possible, the video can be streamed at HQ to alert other aircraft personnel if one of their coworkers are acting fishy.

It will cost a lot of money for the airline corps, but it will ultimately minimize terrorism/suicides.

krisblaze
Did people hear about all the recent updates?

He dropped out of pilot academy due to deppression, etc.

Omega Vision
This is one of those "why didn't they see the signs?" moments. Seems like every time there's a terrorist attack or other human-caused tragedy it comes to light that just about everyone knew the perpetrator(s) were wacked in the head but let them get into a position where they could cause great harm anyway.

Bentley
Well, if we play by statistics there are many depressed pilots flying as we speak, the odds of one of them doing stupid-crazy things is high if we consider it spans for several years but incredibly low at any given time.

Time Immemorial
There is some kind of bullshit here, the media keeps saying the weather is causing massive problems, and of all the live coverage of the workers and reporters its sunny and clear. They have been saying the weather has been bad since this started and for the past 2 days its been clear and sunny. Even the correspondent on the ground is saying its bad weather and she's wearing a short sleeve shirt and looks like she is getting a nice tan.

What a load of shit.

Robtard
Christians in Uganda have been burning gay people and petty criminals alive for decades now. I can post some lovely graphic videos if you want

Uganda = Black people; Black people don't count

Time Immemorial
Rob thoughts?

krisblaze
We had an unexpected blizzard here in Norway. Entire airport is crippled, and its supposed to move about 100k through

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by krisblaze
We had an unexpected blizzard here in Norway. Entire airport is crippled, and its supposed to move about 100k through

But thats not anywhere close to where the crash is, and like I said, the exact time they are saying the weather is horrible, the reporters on the ground look like they on vacation, and videos of the crash recovery workers show, clear, sunny skies, its like they like lying right to our face..

Ushgarak
The bad weather is high wind and low cloud. Helicopter use is essential to the recovery operation. They keep being grounded by the weather conditions.

Querying is one thing, but immediately jumping to 'something sinister is going on' is unseemly, not to mention ridiculous with the amount of press attention this has. When the conclusion you think you are reaching is patently absurd, look for another answer. They never actually said there was a giant blizzard or the like to be contradicted by visual evidence.

Time Immemorial
Update..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/germanwings-co-pilot-lubitz-flew-glider-over-alp-crash-area/story-fnb64oi6-1227282445100

NemeBro
Christians in Uganda have been burning gay people and petty criminals alive for decades now. I can post some lovely graphic videos if you want Star isn't going to respond to you. He's too cowardly for that. He's just going to put you on ignore.

ArtificialGlory
Update..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/germanwings-co-pilot-lubitz-flew-glider-over-alp-crash-area/story-fnb64oi6-1227282445100

Subscriber-only article.

Robtard
Rob thoughts?

Not original "Rob thoughts". I was mocking the "oh, that doesn't count towards the whole" sentiment.

Time Immemorial
Just wow

http://nypost.com/2015/03/29/killer-co-pilots-ex-fiancee-may-be-carrying-his-child/

Robtard
It's always the woman's fault.

Spawningpool
Uganda = Black people; Black people don't count
Me and rudester better watch our asses in Uganda

jmarsh456
This is really sad news........

SayWhat
His insecure controlling personality was the last straw....lmao. I broke up with a few love interests over the same thing in reverse. Hope those woman don't fly a plane any time soon. Lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.