Darth Nihilus vs. Darth Nox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*drain disabled

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Nephthys
Nihilus

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nihilus

AncientPower
Drain disabled? Nox wins.

Board Walker
Nihilus tk stomps nox into another galaxy

Col. Valerian
Nihilus TK is ridiculous. I'd be willing to give him the win solely based on that... But I'm not sure. Nox is a powerhouse and able to withstand a lot of Force attacks.

Arhael
A single example of Nihilus' ridiculous TK?

Col. Valerian
Um, holding the Ravager together whilst flying throughout the galaxy and doing other things simultaneously...?

Arhael
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Um, holding the Ravager together whilst flying throughout the galaxy and doing other things simultaneously...?
Hyperbole from Visas. Ship was intact after his death and they still needed to explode it.

Col. Valerian
Nihilus put the ship together and held it together with the Force. Do you have any other explanation? That's what the game, KotoR II, wants us to think. While it's not determined why after his death the ship was still intact, this is a fact. It's not only Visas who says this, btw.

red8
What saber feats does Nox have? Nihilus was giving the Exile's party trouble even after he was severely weakened.

Nephthys
Originally posted by red8
What saber feats does Nox have? Nihilus was giving the Exile's party trouble even after he was severely weakened.

She beat Khem Val while an acolyte a month or so into her training, with a training saber. Khem then literally punches through a wall, so he's pretty damn beastly. He's heavily force resistant so it was likely a saber duel. She also defeats a Sith Lord in a saber duel after he'd drained her of her force power, which indicates immense physical attributes and skill to make up for his huge force advatage. And descriptions indicate she's as skilled with a saber as she is with the Force. And Nox is VERY skilled with the Force.

Col. Valerian
He was able to defeat a group of acolytes with a training saber with absolutely no training whatsoever.
He defeated Khem Val (Force resistant) as a mere acolyte, regarded as a 'Jedi eater' and 'powerful foe to any Jedi or Sith who faced him'. Also, of the Sith he faced, only Tulak Hord was able to best him.
Defeated a Terantatek (Force resistant), again as a mere acolyte with a training saber.
Defeated an army of Trandoshan bodyguards (although not necessarily a saber feat only).
Defeats Darth Skotia as a mere apprentice in DK.
Defeats Lord Paladius without the Force.
Defeats several other Sith Lords.
Defeats a Jedi Strike Team.
Defeats Zash.

Nephthys
I liked how all those acolytes were already advanced enough to use lightning and Nox still somehow beats them with no training and a practice saber. Slightly implausible if you ask me, lol.

Col. Valerian
Yeah, but I like Darth Nox as a SW character, so I'm ok with it.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Arhael
Hyperbole from Visas. Ship was intact after his death and they still needed to explode it.

Incorrect. Read the below statements:

"Darth Nihilus' dark will held the vessel and its crew together."
―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

"Darth Nihilus, using only the dark side, holds the ship together from his command post on the bridge."
―Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Prima Guide

He also telekinetically lifted the ship from Malachor V, an extreme gravity vertex:

"The Ravager was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V."
―Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

---

Checkout my http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-nihilus-respect-thread/97172/ for more information.

AncientPower
One cannot forget just how much power Malachor V provides him. His TK is very strong but it is also replicated by TOR characters themselves. Darth Jadus being an obvious case.

DarthAnt66
The gravity vertex on Malachor during that time outstriped the nexus by miles. He did it on the surface, not in the lower levels of the planet.

EDIT: And Nihilus seemingly kept an entire fleet together, not just his flagship.

AncientPower
Good point.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nox

Nephthys
How, Legend?

Zenwolf
How would the gravity affect the nexus on Malachor? I'm sure that The Force doesn't give two shits about what gravity does.

Nephthys
It makes it harder to lift the Ravager off the planet.

Zenwolf
It makes it harder to lift the Ravager off the planet.

Why would it be hard with The Force? Was it ever noted as such?

Arhael
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Incorrect. Read the below statements:

"Darth Nihilus' dark will held the vessel and its crew together."
―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

"Darth Nihilus, using only the dark side, holds the ship together from his command post on the bridge."
―Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Prima Guide

He also telekinetically lifted the ship from Malachor V, an extreme gravity vertex:

"The Ravager was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V."
―Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

---

Checkout my http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-nihilus-respect-thread/97172/ for more information.
Feat of holding ship together can't really be quantified.

As of the last one it doesn't say how he got the ship off Malahor. Would make sense that he either fixed engines or made someone to fix it. Without working ship and hyperspace he would not get off Malachor system.

FreshestSlice
It's a bunch of gravity wells that crushed an entire fleet and the planet within itself. That kind implies massive amounts of force that is pulling the ship down back towards the core. Sort of like how it did the ships in game. Saying, "Teh Force," doesn't negate any of that from anything shown in game.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why would it be hard with The Force? Was it ever noted as such?

Why would it be harder to lift something with increased gravity that makes it heavier and pulls it downwards? no expression

Gee, I don't know.......

Originally posted by Arhael
Feat of holding ship together can't really be quantified.

As of the last one it doesn't say how he got the ship off Malahor. Would make sense that he either fixed engines or made someone to fix it. Without working ship and hyperspace he would not get off Malachor system.

Pretty sure it can be, it'd just be hard to do the maths. I'd guess at it being somewhere between "pretty hard" and "OH MY JESUS F*CKING CHRIST WHY ARE WE MOVING SO FAAAAAAAST????".

It says "hauled" genius. Other descriptions use the word "lifted" and "raised". Also Mandalore pretty much says flat out that the ship shouldn't be capable of functioning in the state it's in, to which Tobin replies that Nihilus is making it spaceworthy.

Col. Valerian
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Nihilus is the one who lifted the ship and is holding it together.

Zenwolf
Why would it be harder to lift something with increased gravity that makes it heavier and pulls it downwards? no expression

Gee, I don't know.......

I'm just saying, with all the things that Force Users can do with The Force, especially on a nexus, I don't see why heavy gravity would be much of an issue.

But /shrug

Whatever.

Sinious
Other descriptions use the word "lifted" and "raised". Also Mandalore pretty much says flat out that the ship shouldn't be capable of functioning in the state it's in, to which Tobin replies that Nihilus is making it spaceworthy.

I always thought he just put it back together, lifted it and then didn't have to use the force to keep the ship functional.

How is this feat even possible? lol

Nephthys
Fool! Lord Nihilus is bound by no logic!

NemeBro
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why would it be hard with The Force? Was it ever noted as such? Yeah. Any time someone has found it difficult or impossible to lift something with the Force? That was because of gravity. thumb up

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah. Any time someone has found it difficult or impossible to lift something with the Force? That was because of gravity. thumb up

/Shrug

Always seemed more like concentration rather than gravity.

Nephthys
Uh, no. Yoda may have said that size matters not but Jedi really can't lift whatever they want. Weight is a very limiting factor. That's why we judge power by the size and weight of objects someone can lift.

Also being crushed by gravity would make it harder to concentrate anyway tbh.

Zenwolf
Never said that Jedi could lift whatever they want, that comes from how strong their connection is with The Force.

I'm just not sure weight is that big of a factor with a powerful force user, on a powerful force nexus.

But whatever, we'll just go with the gravity thing. I wasn't wanting to make a big deal on it really.

Sinious
Fool! Lord Nihilus is bound by no logic!

Nihilus>Vitiate confirmed?

FreshestSlice
BioWare didn't write Nihilus. So no matter how vast, Nihilus will always have a limit. Vitiate can be as powerful as the number of subscriptions he'll inspire with explosions.

S_W_LeGenD
How, Legend?
Do I really need to elaborate?

Darth Nox draws power from multiple ghosts to fuel his own and have defeated extremely powerful opponents, easily felled a Jedi Strike Team as well. Heck, the sucker stood up to Emperor on Ziost.

No way, Nihilus can take on Nox.

Mark my words, Nox is the most powerful Force-user after Emperor in the galaxy. I have said this before.

Nephthys
And Nihilus has drained entire planets of the Force and nearly a hundred Jedi and more. His power is so immense he doesn't even perceive the galaxy the way mortals do anymore. His mere presence corrupts, kills and enslaves people. Like Nox, his power was so great it destroyed his own body, though at a more severe extent. His TK is practically unrivaled in the mythos.

Nox's only hope imo is the Force Walking ritual, since Nihilus is technically a spirit. But I doubt it'd work since Nihilus is bound to his armor already. And Nihilus is way too powerful.

Nihilus is the most powerful Force-user up to that point in history after the Emperor and arguably even greater than him.

carthage
Nihilus

NewGuy01
Pushing Traya into a wall vs Pushing Thanaton into a wall, have your pick at what's better tbh.

I'm going Nihilus.

Col. Valerian
Nox would have a definite chance if Nihilus didn't have incredible TK, only because the thread specifies this is Nihilus drainless. But as it is, Nihilus's TK and raw power are so immense it's ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Nox is imo one of the most powerful Sith in the mythos, Nihilus is just even more powerful.

NewGuy01
Nihilus is overrated, but he's still more powerful than Nox. Less so than Vitiate though, Neph.

Tondemonai
This is a really hard call for me. If it were on Ravager then I'd definitely have to give Nox the edge because of Nihilus constantly having to hold the ship together with the Force, but else where idk. Could we get a set place the battle takes place plz?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.