Top Gears Fires Jeremy Clarkson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

This is what happens when you beat up your producer.

I mean if Charlie Sheen gets fired for verbally telling his to fck off, did Clark really think he could get away with beating his up. laughing

samhain
Just goes to show what the BBC is all about. Molest all the children you like but DO NOT lay your hands on the delicate genius of a producer. And he'll still be hosting Top Gear for the next twenty years on Dave anyway.

Time Immemorial
Who molested children?

samhain
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Who molested children?

Apparently almost everyone who worked for the BBC for the past 50 years.

Robtard
It's my favorite car/comedy show and Clarkson is the wind in its sails. But he's a known ******* and he's had several warnings before. I understand the BBC dropping him, still upsets me though since the show I know/love is over.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by samhain
Apparently almost everyone who worked for the BBC for the past 50 years.

Place needs to be purged with fire.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jan/18/jimmy-savile-abused-1000-victims-bbc

Robtard
So I was told by an Englishmen that the BBC compared Clarkson's inappropriate actions to Saville's originally and how the BBC wouldn't stand for one of their employees misbehaving and abusing others.

Clarkson lawyered up and had them do a retraction on the comparison, rightly so.

Time Immemorial
I say we drop a bomb on that satanic building.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
It's my favorite car/comedy show and Clarkson is the wind in its sails. But he's a known ******* and he's had several warnings before. I understand the BBC dropping him, still upsets me though since the show I know/love is over.

Maybe they should have an American TV Company pick them up and make the show in the US? big grin big grinbig grin big grinbig grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Q99
Yea, Clarkson is no-where remotely near Saville, they should not be compared.

Even so, you take a swing at *any* employee, you get fired, even if you aren't already on 'final warning' for prior actions. Which he was. This is a perfectly logical result of his actions.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, Clarkson is no-where remotely near Saville, they should not be compared.

Even so, you take a swing at *any* employee, you get fired, even if you aren't already on 'final warning' for prior actions. Which he was. This is a perfectly logical result of his actions.

Indeed which is why I am not pissed about this situation (Despite the fact that I love Clarkson (and Hammond and May)).

If Clarkson was in the US and poor, he'd be in jail for Assault and Battery. Like, literally. no expression

That should put into perspective how serious this is.

jaden101
He's a racist misogynist who slags off Mexicans. He'll be offered a big money show on Fox News and have a weekly segment arguing with Piers Morgan.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
He's a racist misogynist who slags off Mexicans.

He sounds like a typical Oklahoman white person. no expression

Originally posted by jaden101
He'll be offered a big money show on Fox News and have a weekly segment arguing with Piers Morgan.

Oh, yes, that.

samhain
On a plus note though, the Top Gear on set hairdresser can finally go back to hairdressing.

Esau Cairn
From what I read the idiot (Clarkson) went straight to the pub after filming instead of following the schedule & heading back to the hotel for dinner.
The cook & his staff waited 3hours for Clarkson to arrive to serve them dinner before deciding to close the kitchen & head home.

AsbestosFlaygon
He went on a physical altercation with.his producer... over steak and chips.
I love Clarkson in Top Gear, but with all intents and purposes, he deserved to get sacked.

Even so, the BBC shot themselves in the foot. Expect at least 25% less revenue.

Q99
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Even so, the BBC shot themselves in the foot. Expect at least 25% less revenue.

They're a publicly funded station, so it's not exactly like with a normal channel.

There have actually been some who complain their profitable shows may detract them from their purpose, people are wary of the BBC getting too profit-focused.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
They're a publicly funded station, so it's not exactly like with a normal channel.

There have actually been some who complain their profitable shows may detract them from their purpose, people are wary of the BBC getting too profit-focused.

That's not as bad as BYUTV because they always seem prophet focused.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.