Is it wrong to forward absurd email to absurd person?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SayWhat
Got a call from someone on my cell phone a few weeks ago, I missed the call and when I dialed the number back, it was someone that was not supposed to call me for any reason.

Figured, well that is absurd. So now when I get those rare emails of Nigerian princes or UK royalty asking for my name and phone number, I reply the email with that persons name, phone number and their business address. I figure one good absurdity deserves another.

Do you agree?

Digi
You're wasting your time. These things are called solicitors and spam, and you doing anything is like putting a Band-Aid on a collapsing dam.

You ignore it and get rid of it as efficiently as possible; only reasonable thing to do.

/shrug

SayWhat
Originally posted by Digi
You're wasting your time. These things are called solicitors and spam, and you doing anything is like putting a Band-Aid on a collapsing dam.

You ignore it and get rid of it as efficiently as possible; only reasonable thing to do.

/shrug

I was looking at it from the angle of, if this person is wasting my time calling me from a place of business, how about having her time being wasted being called by such nonsense emails, which are obviously too good to be true and a scam.

I doubt she will see the connection as she is a bit of bully and most bullies are a bit thick skulled with limited vision. I expect she will call me and say stop doing that without an apology, which I guess will prompt even more silly stuff forwarded her way.

SayWhat
Most emails are automated; you aren't even responding to a person. Or at best, it's a person, but they're getting paid for it. You aren't. Ergo, you're wasting your time.

Also, they aren't bullies, the people making the calls and initiating emails are probably down-on-their-luck people with kids and a mortgage payment, and/or very little education, and they're forced to make calls or send spam emails at the behest of their more wealthy bosses. Or it's outsourced to other countries, and you're trying to reply to someone who some time and create a little less negativity in the world.

Nah, the person that called me, we have a history over a decade long and used to work together. She was just calling me to be a buttthole and knows better not to call me. She did it on purpose. So in the off chance these Nigerian/UK folks do end up calling someone, and who knows if they really do follow up and call folks, I figure maybe she will get a lesson on wasting peoples time.

Digi
Misunderstood then. Still, my advice stands: don't be a d*ck. Just wash your hands of it.

riv6672
Yeah, dont waste your time. Plus you dont want your name linked to any shennanigans like that.

SayWhat
Good point, I guess sending an email to her boss, and her being called in to explain herself is just as about as humiliating as it gets. Anything else is just dog piling.

jaden101
I'm old school. I used to use the pre-paid envelopes from junk mail companies to send one company's junk mail to the other company

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
I'm old school. I used to use the pre-paid envelopes from junk mail companies to send one company's junk mail to the other company

Ha, I've done similar.

ArtificialGlory

I approve.

Time Immemorial

/shrug

Btw what is your email, I have some stuff I need to forward.

riv6672
Never thought of that. laughing

Laurie

Originally posted by Robtard
Ha, I've done similar.

Absolutely!

rudester
The other day I helped this old lady through the door then she started preaching jihova on me..went on and on and I thought to myself should I tell her off or ignore it and move on. I told her no thanks then she wanted my address and phone..I told her sorry I'm late for work.

riv6672
DAMN thats pushy.
Still, maybe she thought you had potential.

rudester
Yes I like white short sleeve shirts and ugly ties to preach about a made up religion and be apart of a cult... no thanks! No offence to any jihovas in the house!

SayWhat
I wonder if Scott Davis has to pay royalites as his Dilbert cartoon strip guy also wears white short sleeve shirt and tie.

riv6672
Originally posted by rudester
Yes I like white short sleeve shirts and ugly ties to preach about a made up religion and be apart of a cult... no thanks! No offence to any jihovas in the house!
I...laughed hard at that.

SayWhat
My bad, Scott Adams is the name of creator of Dilbert. Hopefully I won't get a lecture from DDM on the social and psychological ramifications of misremembering a name and what all that means. That could take up a few posts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.