What if Marvel followed the Superman blue print to a T ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
(Phase 1)

What if Marvel had a character as important to its universe/Earth as Superman is to DCU...

Who would you pick?

Why that pick?

You can pick someone else not listed here, but remember im not making my picks base on someone that could beat Superman anything like that.

You do want someone that can stand up to world threats thou if alone or til help arrives.

Here below are some of my choices. I did not go with easy choices like Thor, Sentry, Surfer, Strange or Hulk Want someone who can be challenged and makes interesting story line based. Pls do the same.

Whoever you pick there powers won't change. They stay the way they are, just there responsibilities change on a different scope to Superman puportions.

Wonder Man

Black Bolt

Hyperion

Blue Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Britain

Quasar

Iron Man

After most make you one pick, I'll move on to phase 2 of this thread.

Someone like Spider-Man won't work here, cus he is not powerful enough for this role. Keep it in mind when you make your pick. Your pick will be the most important hero to Marvel Earth most importantly. You can pick from my list or your own Marvel hero of choice.

psycho gundam
Maybe Iron man out of all named but it's a stretch

Digi
Cpt. Universe Spidey

stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Captain America. And it has nothing to do with powerset. He's just that beacon that when push comes to shove he can rally gods behind him. No-one else fits that bill in marvel period.

(Sn) at one point mar-vell could do it but he stays dead too long to be relevant

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Captain America. And it has nothing to do with powerset. He's just that beacon that when push comes to shove he can rally gods behind him. No-one else fits that bill in marvel period.

This

Supermex
Captain America won't work for this

Not powerful enough

Plz read op

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Supermex

Not powerful enough

Plz read op

OK Captain won work cause he's to weak, and Hulk won't work cause he's to dumb.

BB wont work cause he can't speak without killing everyone.

Thor wins

Supermex
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
OK Captain won work cause he's to weak, and Hulk won't work cause he's to dumb.

BB wont work cause he can't speak without killing everyone.

Thor wins

If it's to complicated for you just stop playing.

No need to try and wreak a thread just for your enjoyment.

Thor, hulk types are used alot, just trying to give alittle lime light to characters under them..

Actually go ahead and use any High Herald, Mid or low Herald you'd like.. Like that you can can playsmile

Time Immemorial

Thor, hulk types are used alot, just trying to give alittle lime light to characters under them..

Actually go ahead and use any High Herald, Mid or low Herald you'd like.. Like that you can can playsmile

I liked my picks but hey whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok After your edit, I pick Gladiatior

krisblaze
For Captain Britain to be an effective guardian, England would have to take over the world.

Not a bad scenario by any stretch of the imagination, but a bit unlikely shifty

Supermex
Originally posted by krisblaze
For Captain Britain to be an effective guardian, England would have to take over the world.

lol

Not sure if you ment this or not, but his powers Dont decrease anymore of he is outside of the UK.

Supermex
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I liked my picks but hey whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok After your edit, I pick Gladiatior

Fair enough smile

Supermex
My pick will be ( Wonder Man )

psycho gundam

(Sn) at one point mar-vell could do it but he stays dead too long to be relevant Adam Warlock has actually done this, though

Time Immemorial
Fair enough smile

Ok cool, and sorry about the spellingsmile

*Gladiator

krisblaze
lol

Not sure if you ment this or not, but his powers Dont decrease anymore of he is outside of the UK.
They do.

Trust me, I'd know.

Stoic
For me it would be a toss up.

Silver Surfer, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, or Nova.

Great so then we can have a bunch of people running around that aren't overly fond of dental hygiene.

Sin I AM

Not powerful enough

Plz read op

I read your disclaimer. It's not that im disregarding it. Just placing a little insight on what you're asking. I really dont even see anyone rallying behind Thor as much for you to think he'd be effective. When you think about the high heralds in marvel they are generally a selfish lot. And by selfish i mean they stick to there spheres of influence. Thor midgard/asgard, brb space, norrin space, Hyperion too new, black bolt inhumans, gladiator shiar, Braddock britain, etc. They arent all encompassing like clark. Mar-vell is a good choice but he's better off dead. Noone knows how to handle him. PG said warlock. I disagree, adam comes off as too old school for me and he hasn't shown proper character development in years. Who else is there? Everyone else is either a pastiche with limited appearances and influence or ineffective leaders in the grand scheme of things. Put it this way. If there was an upcoming long lasting event where all heroes and villians had to fight against a universal threat who would they rally behind? The only sensible answer is Steve. A super soldier from a backwater terran world who still rocks the red, white and blue. I honestly believe if push came to shove Thanos, Doom, the LT whomever would follow him to death. Hes just that damn good.

krisblaze
^Midgard is earth...

Citizens of earth are probably as likely to rally behind Thor and CB as Cap.

Sin I AM
^Midgard is earth...

Citizens of earth are probably as likely to rally behind Thor and CB as Cap.

Are you trolling me? I know that. In what way did my post allude to anything else

krisblaze
"they stick to their spheres of influence" and then listing midgard/asgard.

If his sphere of influence is earth, why would people feel distanced from him?

More distanced than the man who wears the flag of the evil empire on him?

Sin I AM
"they stick to their spheres of influence" and then listing midgard/asgard.

If his sphere of influence is earth, why would people feel distanced from him?

More distanced than the man who wears the flag of the evil empire on him?

What team has ever rallied behind Thor from earth? I said he generally operates in that particular sphere. Never said he wasn't influential but he'd never fill caps shoes. Your evil empire theory doesn't apply with steve

Supermex
I do know Hyperion already said on panel he was going to father 616 Marvel Earth/protect it as his own. As he looked opon it from space.

Of course he is out of the Superman mode thou.

So he is a Herald cut in that Superman mode, who happens to be in Marvel U.

Supermex
Earths welling being is still very important to such heroes such as..

Black Bolt
Capt.Britain
Hank Pym
Blue Marvel
Namor

Among other for different reasons.

Sin I AM
Earths welling being is still very important to such heroes such as..

Black Bolt
Capt.Britain
Hank Pym
Blue Marvel
Namor

Among other for different reasons.

Black Bolt cares about inhumans, that's it. Britain isn't relevant. Pym should never be mentioned in comparison to Clark, bm gave up heroics and lol at namor he can't even protect his kingdom

Mindset
Are you trolling me? I know that. In what way did my post allude to anything else Migard is Earth, Sin.

Sin I AM
Was my statement not clear? I know midgard is earth. Op said who is as important to earth/UNIVERSE as supes. Thor is not.

krisblaze
Sin, it's too late to save face.

Supermex
Sin, it's too late to save face.

lol

Mindset
Also, neither Thanos nor Doom would follow someone so inferior to them as Cap is.

They may as well be following Beak in order to save Midgard, which is Earth. thumb up

Supermex
Was my statement not clear? I know midgard is earth. Op said who is as important to earth/UNIVERSE as supes. Thor is not.

Not like that at all lol

No matter who you picked we we're gong to make him as important as Superman is to DC Earth.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindset
Migard is Earth, Sin.

What did I tell you about speaking

Mindset
What did I tell you about speaking That I should only do it while in Migard.

I don't think you realized that it is Earth though.

Time Immemorial
I am Kal-Lark commander of the armies of the north, general of the Imperial Guard.

Everyone worship my leadership

Branlor Swift
Black Bolt cares about inhumans, that's it. Britain isn't relevant. Pym should never be mentioned in comparison to Clark, bm gave up heroics and lol at namor he can't even protect his kingdom Captain Britain helps protect the entire omniverse...

And Superman couldn't even protect his original planet.

Reflassshh
Britain's no longer do that, dumb robots killed the whole corps, horribly. They're even.

dyajeep
i can easily choose Thor but he will be torn between Earth and Asgard... Superman is always focused on Earth (as far as i know)... if it's not about the powerset, Steve Rogers is an easy pick, or even Cyclops, both have excellent leadership skills... Surfer is not really from Earth, so i don't think he is that compassionate to humans...

so i'd just pick my favorite everyman, Quasar - Wendell Vaughn, for the job... if he has this drive to sacrifice his own life to save the entire universe, so imagine him focusing solely on Earth... he lacks raw strength, but he has strong willpower and (hopefully) creativity to make solid light constructs and energy-based powers to defeat any enemies...

yeah, i'd go with Quasar! smile

Mindset
The only choice is Doom.

thumb up

Magic Joe

(Sn) at one point mar-vell could do it but he stays dead too long to be relevant

Marvel could do so much with Mar-Vell. I will never understand their reasoning in keeping him dead. This is a character that can be used as a team leader , with an easy enough power set to upgrade at anytime. Such a shame.

Supermex
Originally posted by dyajeep
i can easily choose Thor but he will be torn between Earth and Asgard... Superman is always focused on Earth (as far as i know)... if it's not about the powerset, Steve Rogers is an easy pick, or even Cyclops, both have excellent leadership skills... Surfer is not really from Earth, so i don't think he is that compassionate to humans...

so i'd just pick my favorite everyman, Quasar - Wendell Vaughn, for the job... if he has this drive to sacrifice his own life to save the entire universe, so imagine him focusing solely on Earth... he lacks raw strength, but he has strong willpower and (hopefully) creativity to make solid light constructs and energy-based powers to defeat any enemies...

yeah, i'd go with Quasar! smile

Great pick!

Time Immemorial
The only choice is Doom.

thumb up

Good pick but Glads has him beat in leadership and pure badassness.

nYRi7jygVnQ

krisblaze
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Britain's no longer do that, dumb robots killed the whole corps, horribly. They're even.
This is at least the 3rd time they're wiped out since 2000.

They'll be back wink

DarkSaint85
Death. Seed. Sentry.

Yup.

riv6672

Haha, owned.

I pick Blue Marvel.
He has the power set, seems like he'd do well in a post Obama world.

Shabazz916
Hulk

riv6672
^^^I'm sure there's a Marvel-verse where this is true.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^I'm sure there's a Marvel-verse where this is true. Found it: Marvel Entertainment, LLC; 135 W. 50th Street, 7th Floor; New York, NY 10020

Branlor Swift
Superman is DC's Hulk

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Superman is DC's Hulk

Lol

Existere
Mr. Fantastic, probably.

Not in the 'universally loved' way as Superman, but that constant role of universal importance? Yeah, Reed.

the Darkone
Hyperion would be perfect, plus he is superman clone with externals abilities this would make Hyperion more like tagnet superman with an edge, marvel needs to stop phucking with him period

StyleTime
For Captain Britain to be an effective guardian, England would have to take over the world again.
ha-som

Mindship
The Silver Surfer certainly has the power to do it. The power, the compassion. Drawback: he looks too alien. Even Stan Lee's first reaction was that he was "some kinda nut on a surfboard."

Thor? Too warrior-like.

Captain America? Symbolically he's perfect. Power-wise? Meps.

PreDS Sentry: too unstable. DS Sentry: too caught up in a sense of divine mission.

Gladiator/Hyperion: neither of them strike me as being "compassionate" enough (though admittedly, I don't know much about these guys). Plus (like SS), not sure how Gladiator's appearance would go over.

Leaning toward...Blue Marvel. Supermanish powerset? Check. Compassionate? I think so. Plus, being a "minority" strikes me as symbolically important (given the increasing diversification of America's population).

krisblaze
Symbolically?

You know that nobody outside America would agree with you?

riv6672
Many people outside America would agree with him.

Originally posted by Existere
Mr. Fantastic, probably.

Not in the 'universally loved' way as Superman, but that constant role of universal importance? Yeah, Reed.
That would be a really advanced world...

Stoic
It would be pretty cool if Steve Rogers somehow got his hands on the Starbrand. He would then be powerful enough to be a Superman type of character.

Mindset
Symbolically?

You know that nobody outside America would agree with you? There are places outside of America?

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
It would be pretty cool if Steve Rogers somehow got his hands on the Starbrand. He would then be powerful enough to be a Superman type of character.
He'd probably do something really important with it then humbly give it up.

Because he's cool like that.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
He'd probably do something really important with it then humbly give it up.

Because he's cool like that.

He wouldn't actually have to, because his role as Captain America is over. CA is just a job, and anyone that fits the criteria can fill that position. The Star would fit Steve perfectly IMO.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I love CA but I would never think of him to represent the world, because he is well Captain America. It should be a hero who has no bounds to a country, like Superman, who can inspire people, who is respected around the globe.

Wolverine, neither canadian, nor japanese, nor american, he was everywhere, he is loved by everyone, a great leader, a great warrior, a great man. Respect the best, phuck the rest.

krisblaze
There are places outside of America?
Yes.

The world.

StiltmanFTW

Not powerful enough

Plz read op

Cap is stronger, faster, more durable, has better reflexes, heals faster and does everything better than Superman.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I love CA but I would never think of him to represent the world, because he is well Captain America. It should be a hero who has no bounds to a country, like Superman, who can inspire people, who is respected around the globe.

Wolverine, neither canadian, nor japanese, nor american, he was everywhere, he is loved by everyone, a great leader, a great warrior, a great man. Respect the best, phuck the rest.

Most respect Logan but acknowledge hes a total dick. Dont think he quite fits the bill.

Supermex
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cap is stronger, faster, more durable, has better reflexes, heals faster and does everything better than Superman.

Your lies smell bad

ODG
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I love CA but I would never think of him to represent the world, because he is well Captain America. It should be a hero who has no bounds to a country, like Superman, who can inspire people, who is respected around the globe. Superman is from Kansas.

riv6672
Truth justice American way.

The Cap argument is always just nitpicking slash country envy.

Mindset
Yes.

The world. Reported for trolling.

StiltmanFTW
Your lies smell bad

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon5.gif

Your feet smell worse! ahah

riv6672
After most make you one pick, I'll move on to phase 2 of this thread.
What exactly is phase 2? Seems like everyone's chimed in.

golem370
Silver Surfer is the perfect fit imo He has the values of Captain America he has the Strength of a Hulk/Superman plus he has some worlds in Marvel Universe afraid of him and I assume following him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.