Councilwoman Raises Concerns About ‘Blocs’ of Asians Moving Into NYCHA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee

meep-meep

Omega Vision
Originally posted by meep-meep
Gentrificasian?
**** this thread, this comment is where it's at.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Omega Vision
**** this thread, this comment is where it's at.

thumb up

Time Immemorial
She looks confused.

AsbestosFlaygon
I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the great contributions of the black community to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature make them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture. Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people. Real estate values are fueled by the mix of African Americans into an area due to their caring and respectful nature of these communities, an example of all they have achieved through their enthusiasm for self improvement by hard work and a self-reliant can-do nature. Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation.

Quincy
What's a nubian?

NemeBro
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the great contributions of the black community to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature make them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture. Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people. Real estate values are fueled by the mix of African Americans into an area due to their caring and respectful nature of these communities, an example of all they have achieved through their enthusiasm for self improvement by hard work and a self-reliant can-do nature. Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation. So like, why don't you just admit that you're racist dude?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Quincy
What's a nubian?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nubian

Scoobless
Originally posted by Quincy
What's a nubian?

A royal space transport from the planet Naboo.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/Scoobless/Nubian.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Time Immemorial
This is interesting though, why does she get the pass for discrimination?

Omega Vision
I don't think she's getting a "pass." What this woman is saying is racist.

However, this thread is quite clearly, from the opening post, some attempt at changing the conversation on race into one favorable to conservative white arguments. Yes, it's true that everyone is capable of racism. It's also true that black people can be incredibly racist. However, this article doesn't really do anything to address that black people are more often on the receiving end of personal and systemic discrimination than they are on the side that dishes it out.

Time Immemorial

However, this thread is quite clearly, from the opening post, some attempt at changing the conversation on race into one favorable to conservative white arguments. Yes, it's true that everyone is capable of racism. It's also true that black people can be incredibly racist. However, this article doesn't really do anything to address that black people are more often on the receiving end of personal and systemic discrimination than they are on the side that dishes it out.

Pretty much this

SayWhat
With smartphones now adays and video cameras in stores and parking lots, it is easy to see whom exactly are causing the most troublesome crime of mayhem and worse. For a population that is less than 15% of the population, most of the shocking vids that go viral on youtube, facebook and here, appear to be predominantly black. I may very well be wrong about that as I have not actually counted how many incidents were white, black, asian and hispanic, etc. I am not aware of any conspiracy to supress other than black folks giving someone a beatdown and taking them down of FB and YT video so as not to embarrass the race. The jig is up on all thug people as what you say and do can go viral quickly.

Q99

Post + 1.

StyleTime
I am not actually sure she's being racist...so....uh just to explain.

"The question I posed to Commissioner Olatoye was focused on bringing transparency and clarity to the randomization process outlined in the Tenant Selection and Assignment Plan Policy."

" many people wonder why the new arrivals are being allowed in to the apparent exclusion of others."

She is explaining that the this supposedly "random" process is not being very random. Ie. Asians may be getting preferential treatment, which excludes other groups. Seems like she's trying to be more inclusive honestly(unless she's lying).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.