Annihilus vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Annihilus is gamma buffed in this instance. Can Orion take him out?

Orion takes the place of the Hulk during the Thanos vs Hulk mini.

1. Nu52 Orion
2. Pre Flashpoint Orion (Not DOTNG)

Same planet that Annihilus fought the Hulk.

No BFR

Who wins?

DarkSaint85
Before carver steps in, why isn't DOTNG Orion allowed? He's the same character etc, right?

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Before carver steps in, why isn't DOTNG Orion allowed? He's the same character etc, right?

Because many will believe that he was above the Sky Father tier at the end of the arc. He can be used from that series, just not when he became (arguably) an abstract/concept being.

DarkSaint85
OK. You're the thread starter, and can place any conditions you want thumb up

I just wanted to prove a point. That when a thread starter (like yourself) specifies a specific version of the same character, then we should abide by it.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
OK. You're the thread starter, and can place any conditions you want thumb up

I just wanted to prove a point. That when a thread starter (like yourself) specifies a specific version of the same character, then we should abide by it.

Well at least 'm being reasonable. Why would I place Annihilus up against a guy capable of doing better than an ALE wielder? That would surely place Orion in the high cosmic bracket right?

Insane Titan
Orion gets the same humiliation beat down Hulk did.

Golgo13
Orion.

Supermex
Not sure who would win this, but that bug Annihilus is a badass especially with that Rod..

IronMikeTython
The Dog of war...

iceman24567
Orion loses

Board Walker
Orion stomps

the Darkone
Orion 6/10, if the bug has the cosmic control rod its a different

Supermex
I wanna say the cosmic rod is standard for the bug now.

Did he have it when he fought Hulk?

Sin I AM
Scans of the an hulk fight

carver9
Originally posted by Supermex
I wanna say the cosmic rod is standard for the bug now.

Did he have it when he fought Hulk?

Yes, he used it at full power against the Hulk. By the way, Orion dies here.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Orion wins

Supermex
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Orion wins

Why you think Orion beats the Bug?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Why you think Orion best the Bug?

The New Gods got an amp after the last events and now I wouldn't put them in the Herald tier anymore. More like lo Trans to Abstract.

carver9
Why you think Orion beats the Bug?

He doesn't beat him. Love to see some Orion fts that shows he can beat someone that was already Herald level before the amp but is now possessing the cosmic rod AND a Hulk amp, along with high end armor.

Golgo13
Orion wins

thumb up

Stoic
The New Gods got an amp after the last events and now I wouldn't put them in the Herald tier anymore. More like lo Trans to Abstract.

So if we ever see Captain Marvel, or Black Adam do well against Orion should we assume that they are also at that level of power?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Stoic
So if we ever see Captain Marvel, or Black Adam do well against Orion should we assume that they are also at that level of power?

Not necessary. Thor in his classic days made Galactus run for his money, yet we know he is below him. Things like that happen.

celeyhyga17
They did?

carver9

The question should be how would Orion do against Hulk and based off fts Hulk would destroy Orion

Golgo13
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
They did?

He's probably talking about the true form New Gods. Pretty much everything we have seen so far is just a small aspect of the true form.

I wonder if Johns will play into this when Darkseid is fighting the Anti-Monitor. Assuming they have an actual fight.

Stoic
Not necessary. Thor in his classic days made Galactus run for his money, yet we know he is below him. Things like that happen.

So what we see are simply shadow clones. Orion is actually a Galactus level entity? Never knew that.

Originally posted by carver9
The question should be how would Orion do against Hulk and based off fts Hulk would destroy Orion

The New Gods apparently are Celestial level beings. I really had no idea about that.

Golgo13
So what we see are simply shadow clones. Orion is actually a Galactus level entity? Never knew that.

The New Gods apparently are Celestial level beings. I really had no idea about that.

It's just recently that writers depict NG's into Celestial type beings.

carver9

And where did that come from? Does anyone have scans of this?

Golgo13
Scans of what?

Prof. T.C McAbe

Never said that, the New Gods in their complete and true form might indeed be the DC counterpart to the Celestial Race. As with all Races, there are the more powerful ones, I would rank Darkseid and Highfather as the highest. How powerful they are in their true forms is up to speculation till we see it finally. FC was a good basis and the feats they perform while incomplete are another thing.

As for power levels. Just take a look at the Beyonders, one kills the entire Celestial Race and one is defeated by Starbrand and even more fall before Hype and Thor. Is Thor now above LT? It works both ways, in both companies. There are no fixed powerlevels for the writers, who mostly don't care that much or are as obsessed with this as fans.

Golgo13
Never said that, the New Gods in their complete and true form might indeed be the DC counterpart to the Celestial Race. As with all Races, there are the more powerful ones, I would rank Darkseid and Highfather as the highest. How powerful they are in their true forms is up to speculation till we see it finally. FC was a good basis and the feats they perform while incomplete are another thing.

As for power levels. Just take a look at the Beyonders, one kills the entire Celestial Race and one is defeated by Starbrand and even more fall before Hype and Thor. Is Thor now above LT? It works both ways, in both companies. There are no fixed powerlevels for the writers, who mostly don't care that much or are as obsessed with this as fans.

I think the Monitors are a better fit. Crazy tech and crazy powerful at times.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Golgo13
I think the Monitors are a better fit. Crazy tech and crazy powerful at times.

Yeah but there is only 1 left, 2 if you count the AM.

quanchi112
Annihilus wins, easily.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Annihilus wins, easily.

thumb up

A beat down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.