Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
Just heard about Amanda being cleared of murder charges against her. It's about time that the Italian court admitted that they were completely wrong about her having anything to do with the 2007 murder of her British roommate.

www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/europe/amanda-knox

So, after originally being convicted, then having that conviction overturned, then being convicted again, and finally having the murder charged completely dropped forever , now Amanda is finally free for good. I've always known that she was innocent. The fact that a person can be tried again after having already been found not guilty is a backward *** system of justice, anyway.

jaden101
Yep. Plus she's hot.

Time Immemorial
I wonder who is the killer, guess we will never know.

Star428
The black guy who has already been in prison for this for years is the real killer, TI. Looks like he acted alone in this murder. He even admitted he did.

dadudemon
I cared little for this case.

Here are my two shits:

.0O0*

*0O80

Star428
Originally posted by jaden101
Yep. Plus she's hot.

I used to think that too but not as much now. She's not bad, of course. Maybe 6 or 7 out of 10 on my scale.

Digi
I've sat on a couple juries for high-profile cases; i.e. ones that got media attention in the surrounding area. And I can tell you one thing that I learned above all else: pretty much anyone who thinks they know anything, doesn't. There's so much that the common viewer isn't privy to, even when the case is (seemingly) broken down piece by piece by news outlets. Those sources have to have an angle through which to market the piece, or they have a word count and have to omit things, or their information is through second-hand sources and likely not complete, or they're just biased one way or another, or...you get the idea.

This is a non-story for me. I can only imagine the amount of misinformation swimming around out there for something that the internet has gotten a hold of. So I can't rightly say anything without feeling odd about it.

I'm happy for those who are happy at the outcome. I hope it's the correct decision.

Existere
Originally posted by Digi
I'm happy for those who are happy at the outcome. I hope it's the correct decision. thumb up

Time Immemorial
When I go to jail I want Digimark to be my Jury and make it hung.

Digi
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
When I go to jail I want Digimark to be my Jury and make it hung.

If you know what's good for you, you wouldn't want a US jury at all. Among the highest conviction rates in the world. 'murican justice apparently cares little for phrases like "beyond a reasonable doubt."

But since you're obviously going to be guilty, you don't want me on the jury. I'd stare your ass down and force a confession out of you, Tom Cruise style.

riv6672
You got a confession out of Tom Cruise?!?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
When I go to jail I want Digimark to be my Jury and make it hung. Originally posted by Digi
If you know what's good for you, you wouldn't want a US jury at all. Among the highest conviction rates in the world. 'murican justice apparently cares little for phrases like "beyond a reasonable doubt."

But since you're obviously going to be guilty, you don't want me on the jury. I'd stare your ass down and force a confession out of you, Tom Cruise style.
What, no big dick joke, Digi?

You slippin, boy.

Laurie
As sorry as I am for the Kercher family, justice has been done and was long, heartrendingly long for Sollecito and Amanda, and their families also.

It's nonsense to say that justice hasn't been done. There is a culprit, Rudy Guede, and he was convicted, as he should have been. It was an atrocious crime. The only injustice there, in my humble opinion, is that I believe the vicious murderer only got 16 years.

The DNA proved that Guede was guilty, and exonerated Knox and Sollecito. Guede did indeed admit that he was guilty; furthermore, he said that he committed the crime alone, and that Sollecito and Amanda had nothing to do with it.

I can't imagine how Amanda and Raphaele will go forward now; they will need a lot of counselling I would imagine. The fear and desolation of knowing that the Italian Courts were still gunning for them after their release would have tested the minds and hearts of the strongest.

I sincerely hope that they can now move forward and gain some peace of mind and serenity of soul.

Star428
I agree that 16 years for such a murder is a slap in the face to the family of the victim. Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering how Italy's justice system seems so *** backwards.

Laurie
Originally posted by Star428
I agree that 16 years for such a murder is a slap in the face to the family of the victim. Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering how Italy's justice system seems so *** backwards.

Agreed. I'm part Italian myself, on my fathers side. I felt ashamed that these two had been hounded for so very long, and suffered so much as they did in the pursuit of having to prove their innocence. An appalling state of affairs, and an equally appalling justice system.

Stringer
I'm half Italian on my brothers roommates cousins neighbors side and I believe she is innocent.

SayWhat
Guilt by association, the worst kind of justice. Typical Italian fallacy thinking though. If that is the case, what about all those convert or kill Catholics Inquisition of centuries ago? Should we hold Catholics of today responsible for this? Makes me wonder if today's Cathys are even aware that such an Iquistition happened.

Stringer
Whose DNA was found at the scene (Location - DNA Source)

Purse, victim - Guede
Bra Clasp - Sollecito (disputed)
Bathroom sink, bidet - mixed Knox / Kercher
Bathroom tap - Knox blood
Break-in Room - mixed Knox / Kercher; no Guede DNA recovered
Knife - Knox on handle / Kercher in minute amount on blade (disputed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.