Luke Skywalker -- Last of the Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
"Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

How do you interpret this quote? Was Luke actually the last of the Jedi by Return of the Jedi? This quote has come under examination since Rebels, as there's Kanan and Ezra, two Jedi. Was Yoda mistaken? Are other Jedi like Kanan and Ezra dead by the time of Yoda's death? What's the deal?

BobaFett117
I hope they die, I hate Rebels.

Ace Hambone
Yoda could have meant a lot of different things - truth depending on your point of view and all. He also could have been mistaken - he's been wrong before.

He could mean the only Jedi left, period; the only Jedi trained under supervision of the old order and specifically old council members; the only Jedi with a chance to defeat Vader and the Emperor; or something else.

That said, I think there is a high probability that Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra all meet their end before ESB.

Zenwolf
Tbh, now that Vader is involved in Rebels, I don't see Kanan or any of them surviving. Because...it seems to me if Vader has to get involved, then it's a pretty big deal, him just then ignoring the Ghost crew seems kinda off for Vader, especially if he of all guys in the Empire was sent to deal with them.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by |King Joker|
"Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

How do you interpret this quote? Was Luke actually the last of the Jedi by Return of the Jedi? E781QE7ZQK8

DARTH POWER
Well we don't know. Kanan and Ezra may be believed to be dead by both Yoda and Vader but may actually have survived.

Though I personally doubt Kanan will survive Rebels.

In any case Yoda and Old Ben only told Luke what they decided he needed to believe/hear. Hence the "certain point of view."

|King Joker|
I feel it's unlikely they just lied to him again.

But yeah, Yoda probably believes them to be dead.

queeq

|King Joker|
Eh, Ahsoka's technically not a Jedi. Just kind of a rogue that has no affiliation.

queeq
Well, is Kanan a fully trained Jedi then? Where does he differ in status from Ahsoka?

|King Joker|
She left the Order and doesn't identify as a Jedi, while Kanan identifies as one. Luke technically wasn't fully trained either, yet people consider him a legitimate Jedi after he defeats Vader. For me, Kanan defeating the Inquisitor was the same type of thing.

queeq

|King Joker|
No, not at all. And just because she was trained as a Jedi doesn't mean she currently identifies as one or is one. She left the Order, she's done. No affiliation with them, except she still uses a lightsaber and Force abilities, since those are the weapons she knows how to use, and we know from A New Dawn Force users can't successfully suppress their abilities. So, yeah.

Zenwolf
No one is a Jedi, because the Order is gone and yet they are still being hunted down. So...not sure the Empire cares if they identify as a Jedi or not, why would they just leave them alone to cause trouble later on? Examples already shown in Rebels.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out, that they all gotta die otherwise it's gonna come and bite em in the ass later.

|King Joker|
Just because the Order is destroyed doesn't mean there aren't people (Jedi) who still follow the Jedi Code. And yeah, I highly doubt the Empire cares one way or another who is a 'Jedi'.

I don't think they left them alone on purpose, either.

Zenwolf
Well I mean being official Jedi is what I mean with the Jedi Order gone, they can still identify themselves as a Jedi or not. But they aren't Jedi as an official thing.

queeq
No, not at all. And just because she was trained as a Jedi doesn't mean she currently identifies as one or is one. She left the Order, she's done. No affiliation with them, except she still uses a lightsaber and Force abilities, since those are the weapons she knows how to use, and we know from A New Dawn Force users can't successfully suppress their abilities. So, yeah.

But now there is no Jedi order. So where does Ahsoka differ from Kanan, or even Ezra?

NewGuy01
Regardless Ahsoka doesn't apply because she's probably not going to survive the length of the show.

|King Joker|
Blah.

queeq
in the end they all die, so what.

|King Joker|
Blah.

queeq
Hehehe... you're in a good mood.

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Regardless Ahsoka doesn't apply because she's probably not going to survive the length of the show.

If Filoni didn't have the guts to kill her the first time around, what makes you think this time will be any different?

queeq
Good point.

|King Joker|
I'm honestly not sure whether or not Ahsoka will die. In Clone Wars they were able to have her survive without it feeling convoluted or contrived. I'm not sure they could pull off her surviving in the same organic way they had it in Clone Wars.

Lord Lucien
I'm honestly sure Ahsoka will die. In War. I'm sure they could pull off her organ in War. Yes, I agree.

|King Joker|
https://sarabynoe.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/tumblr_m6fv6p0lni1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.