Dooku, Maul and Ventress vs. HoT, Scourge and Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
All at their peak.

Neutral setting.

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

Nephthys
Team 2. Preeetty easily.

McP
Team 1 stomps. Zannah and Scourge are non factors. And HoT looses to either Dooku or Maul.

carthage
Team 1 rather easily, Scourge is cannon fodder and Zannah would either get killed in seconds by Dooku or stomped by Maul. Hero would get stomped by Dooku or Maul and lose to Ventress everytime. At least use decent EU characters like Revan or Malgus for the team to have a chance

Sinious
How is someone who was Meetra's equal way before his prime cannon fodder?

carthage
Tell me when Scourge can hold his own against Anakin, Windu, Kenobi, Grievous, and other high tier duelists thumb up. Scourge is all hype

Sinious
Tell me when Ventress surpasses someone like Meetra Surik. thumb up

Selenial
Originally posted by Sinious
How is someone who was Meetra's equal way before his prime cannon fodder?

He wasn't.

Try again?

Sinious
Interesting. How so?

Selenial
The entire basis for that quote is a singular line of his opinion. This was the Sith lord, (Read: LORD) who thought he was worthy of a seat on the dark council.

Him thinking Surik would be a close fight honestly is proof she's superior, the guy was cocky as ****.

Failing that, you have to take into account the Surik he was judging was a non-prime version, on a Nexus that boosts him and dramatically hinders her... So Yeh.

Emperordmb
TBF, Vitiate did offer Scourge a seat on the council during the book himself.

carthage
Which says nothing about his dueling skill thumb up

Good try though Dmb

Emperordmb
I never said it did say anything about his dueling skill or that I believed he and Meetra were equals.

I was merely pointing out that Scourge's belief that he was worthy of a seat on the Dark Council was not entirely unfounded.

I wasn't trying to prove anything as far as Meetra = Scourge goes.

|King Joker|
Good try though carthage

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
The entire basis for that quote is a singular line of his opinion. This was the Sith lord, (Read: LORD) who thought he was worthy of a seat on the dark council.

Hmm could it be cause he recently defeated a dark council member?

On the contrary, he is oddly rational, open-minded and calm for a sith. If he was cocky, h wouldn't be so hesitant to face a dark council member when Nyriss asked him to.

The non-prime thing is a mysterious issue. The novel doesn't mention her being weakened after KOTOR 2 iirc. Is there another source that states so? I'm inclined to concede if you have something good. Also, why is Revan impressed by her that much when he sees her on DK if she is "dramatically" hindered by the dark side? I'm not denying the nexus effect but you make it sound like there is proof of how much she was effected.

Nyriss being able to overwhelm her easily is quite natural. After all, KOTOR hyped the hidden sith a lot. A dark council member of the hidden sith empire who is amongst the best(perhaps second only to Emperor at that point) being superior to her isn't really surprising at all. Drew K. simply acknowledged the hype that was created in KOTOR. And Revan being way more powerful than Surik is also not a new thing. DarthAnt provided enough proof for it as we now know that KOTOR Revan could defeat The Exile version of Meetra and Darth Traya combined.

Scourge was permanently amped by Vitiate and spent 300 years killing 1000 sith and 100 jedi. And he was sent after force users that were powerful enough to get the Emperor's attention. So its not like he traveled the galaxy and killed random apprentices that had no significance. Calling him fodder in this matchup is lolsworthy.

Nephthys
Yeah, Scourge was even close to his prime either. 300 years + 2 amps? I'd back him over Meetra.

Selenial
Well, I'm kind of in India right now so typing out massive replies seems kinda boring, maybe later.

I must admit your entire argument lost all credibility when you said Ant provided more than enough proof that Revan could take Traya + Surik, even he doesn't take those quotes remotely seriously.

Avellone is the guy who said Surik would cut Revan off from the force, but he'd just survive and regain connection after a while and win. Like... What?

|King Joker|
Have a nice time in India, Sel.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
TBF, Vitiate did offer Scourge a seat on the council during the book himself.

Yes he was supposed to be offered a seat once Nyriss was dealt with. After he delivered Surik's head to him he made a new position due to his unprecedented loyalty/ potentially saving his life.

AncientPower
Dooku and Maul can take this alone, Ventress is over-kill.

Sinious
Scourge already beat a council member. thumb up

Selenial
Who was described as only keeping his position due to political power.

That was the equivalent of beating Coleman Trebor.

AncientPower
That is a good point.

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
Dooku and Maul can take this alone, Ventress is over-kill.

Lol.

The_Tempest
Nice thread. But each member of team 1 outmatches their counterpart on team 2.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol.
They are both on another tier of ability with a lightsaber than anyone on team 2. They are faster than anyone on team 2 by a tier or better. Their Force Powers are the only thing that they may need to worry about.

Tyranus and Maul can slowly but surely take this fight.

Nephthys
They are both on another tier of ability with a lightsaber than anyone on team 2. They are faster than anyone on team 2 by a tier or better. Their Force Powers are the only thing that they may need to worry about.

Tyranus and Maul can slowly but surely take this fight.

Well they're not. Aaaand, they're not. So I'm sticking with "lol". And even if those two things were true, which they absolutely aren't, the Hero and Scourge are still good enough to tank for Zannah while she pwns Maul and Dooku with sorcery. Something neither of them could adequately defend against just in a 1 on 1. While facing the Hero and Scourge and then getting mindf*cked (which I'll remind you brought Darth Mother****ing Bane to his knee's, whose willpower and mental strength far eclipses these two) while fighting them, they have no chance in hell.

AncientPower
Darth Tyranus and Darth Maul are two of the greatest duelists ever, so yes they are, easily. No one on team 2 has speed feats that even approach those of Maul or Tyranus.

I am curious however to see how exactly Zannah's "sorcery" is going to win this for team 2.

Her only significant Sorcery feat was amped by Lake Nath beyond that she has only TP feats which are laughably negligible against Maul.

Dooku himself is a master of manipulating emotions via Dun Moch and Talzin's far superior sorcery didn't one shot him or actually defeat him in any sense beyond her spirit attack.

Team 2 is severely outmatched in augmentation and lightsaber feats. Force frats are the only thing preventing a stomp. Team 2 can delay the inevitable, that is essentially as far as their feats go.

|King Joker|
Ventress gets mind ****ed then team 1 dies, unfortunately.

Nephthys
Darth Tyranus and Darth Maul are two of the greatest duelists ever, so yes they are, easily. No one on team 2 has speed feats that even approach those of Maul or Tyranus.

I am curious however to see how exactly Zannah's "sorcery" is going to win this for team 2.

Her only significant Sorcery feat was amped by Lake Nath beyond that she has only TP feats which are laughably negligible against Maul.

Dooku himself is a master of manipulating emotions via Dun Moch and Talzin's far superior sorcery didn't one shot him or actually defeat him in any sense beyond her spirit attack.

Team 2 is severely outmatched in augmentation and lightsaber feats. Force frats are the only thing preventing a stomp. Team 2 can delay the inevitable, that is essentially as far as their feats go.

And obviously none of these guys are skilled swordsman or anything. Scourge? Pffft, unchallenged for 300 years. Killed thousands of Jedi and Sith. Immensely powerful and artificially amped from 3 different sources. What a noob. And the Hero of Tython I mean whatever. Legendarily powerful and skilled, pwning Jedi Masters out the gate as a padawan. The best swordsman in the martial peak of the Old Republic era. Chewed through legions of Sith and Imperial Guards on Dromund Kaas and beat the Emperor. Lame. Both of these guys are obviously also two of the best duelists in history. And neither Maul or Dooku has what it takes to get through Zannah's defense. So no, they're not. Not easily. Scourge has outraced mounted cannon-fire that's designed to be capable of targeting and firing at 300+ mph. He's pretty fast, even in the books. 300 years and 3 amps later? I really doubt they have an edge on him. And the Hero is better than him and has feats of blitzing Sith which is easily comparable to either of those two's feats.

Lmao. Yeah, putting sorcery in airquotes really makes it seem less impressive. Like I said, even if it doesn't take them out directly, her mental attacks are extremely painful and debilitating. Bane, who laughed off Kaan's mental influence (the guy who could mentally enslave and influence hundreds of Sith) and has performed numerous feats of immense will power surpassing Dooku's (lol Talzin pwned) and even Maul's, was still brought to his knees by her base level attack. Dooku and Maul would surely be just as impeded. And thus be easy kills for her team-mates.

I'm pretty sure Don Moch isn't anything like Zannah's sorcery attack and lol, sure he didn't die but he was writhing in agony. I'm sure he can definitely beat the Hero of Tython while weeping on the floor. thumb up

I doubt it. Scourge of 300 years ago was already an extremely talented and fast duelist. Peak Scourge has matured into his immense potential, obviously massively sharpened his skills and biochemical enhancements, a Vitiate amp and can draw on the emotions of Dooku and Maul to get stronger. And the Hero greatly eclipses even him.

Stigma
And neither Maul or Dooku has what it takes to get through Zannah's defense.
Why?

Nephthys
It's really good? How would they get through? Dooku isn't aggressive enough to pressure her past her point of deflecting all his attacks and Maul's not pulling out anything Bane couldn't. Its a neutral environment so I'm assuming there's nothing for them to back her up into or anything.

We always have this conversation and your argument is always "they get through because they're really good, screw details and practical thought".

The_Tempest
Neph, please stop belittling Dooku and Maul. You're being really rude to them and the posters who defend them.

Selenial
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Neph, please stop belittling Dooku and Maul. You're being really rude to them and the posters who defend them.

No but brah Zannah's a great duelist. Like, she was in the bane novels dude, you don't even know.

Nephthys

Blow me, Legend-junior.

The_Tempest
Blow me, Legend-junior.

So mean. erm

Nephthys
BRITISH-RAGE!

carthage
Team 1 stomps

Stigma
Blow me, Legend-junior.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/353/279/e31.jpg

Nephthys
Trust me bro, when Tempest is involved things never escalate quickly. Except him. He escalates very quickly.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Stigma
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/353/279/e31.jpg

He's so angry. It hurts me to see him this aggressive. erm

Emperordmb
Then why do you act so smug whenever you think he's aggressive?

carthage
So far no one has offered any evidence that Scourge would last more than 1 second in a duel. The skill factor is obviously in favor of the PT team, Hero has beaten no one noteworthy in a Lightsaber duel and Zannah is out of her league. Team 2 is out of their depth

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Then why do you act so smug whenever you think he's aggressive?

Smug. You guys sure are throwing that word around a lot.

Nephthys
Smuglord said, smugly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.