Star Wars: Lords of the Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/archive/news/2015/03/preview_for_lords_of_the_sith.htm

Can't wait for this book. Also, I find it interesting that it takes place before Tarkin. AND CHAM SYNDULLA FTW!

carthage
Buying it when it comes out.

It looks good, arguably the two best characters in the entire mythos working together, its a great plot and I can't wait to read it

|King Joker|
Agreed.

Vader says he's much more powerful in the Force than when he was a Jedi. And this is just a few years after RotS (I think). So, that's interesting.

|King Joker|
"A hatch on the far side of the hall slid open to reveal a purple-skinned Twi'lek man in makeshift armor. Seeing Vader, the Twi'lek's head-tails twitched, his eyes widened in surprise, and he grabbed for the blaster at his belt. By the time the Twi'lek had his blaster drawn and the trigger pulled, Vader had his lightsaber in hand and ignited. He deflected the blaster shot into the wall, raised his off hand, and with it reached out with the Force.
The Twi'lek pawed frantically at his throat as Vader's power lifted him off the deck, but to his credit he held on to his weapon, and gagging, dying, he managed to aim and fire his blaster at Vader again and again. Vader simply held his grip on the alien's throat while casually deflecting the blasts into the bulkhead with his lightsaber. Then, not wanting to waste time, he moved his raised hand left and then right, using the Force to smash the Twi'lek into the bulkhead. The impacts shattered bone, and Vader let the body fall to the deck."

smokin'

|King Joker|
"But Vader, standing behind the Throne, knew better. His Master was never lost in thought. The Emperor's thinking ranged over time and distance in a way not even Vader fully understood, allowing him to anticipate and plan for contingencies others did not recognize. Vader hoped to learn the technique one day, provided he didn't kill his Master first."

Interesting...

Trocity
Thank you for sharing this link, will be a nice read after studying before bed tonight.

|King Joker|
No probs, and it really is a great read.

carthage
Vader would kill Sidious

Tzeentch
Originally posted by |King Joker|
"A hatch on the far side of the hall slid open to reveal a purple-skinned Twi'lek man in makeshift armor. Seeing Vader, the Twi'lek's head-tails twitched, his eyes widened in surprise, and he grabbed for the blaster at his belt. By the time the Twi'lek had his blaster drawn and the trigger pulled, Vader had his lightsaber in hand and ignited. He deflected the blaster shot into the wall, raised his off hand, and with it reached out with the Force.
The Twi'lek pawed frantically at his throat as Vader's power lifted him off the deck, but to his credit he held on to his weapon, and gagging, dying, he managed to aim and fire his blaster at Vader again and again. Vader simply held his grip on the alien's throat while casually deflecting the blasts into the bulkhead with his lightsaber. Then, not wanting to waste time, he moved his raised hand left and then right, using the Force to smash the Twi'lek into the bulkhead. The impacts shattered bone, and Vader let the body fall to the deck."

smokin' Is that a real quote from the book?

|King Joker|
Yep.

|King Joker|
Vader's mental state at the moment:

https://36.media.tumblr.com/b2bfe47c7e972db80f60ac0cca2681e9/tumblr_inline_nlzsplqRbz1rqc42c_500.png

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by carthage
Vader would kill Sidious

In fact he did kill him thumb up

Agreed.

Vader says he's much more powerful in the Force than when he was a Jedi. And this is just a few years after RotS (I think). So, that's interesting.

You have that quote?

Apparently Anakin became Vastly more powerful from TCW Season 5 to ROTS (according to the official site) and vastly more powerful than Dooku according to The Complete Encyclopedia, and now he's vastly more powerful than even that just a few years after ROTS?

At this rate he should be a Sith god by ANH.

DARTH POWER
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/archive/news/2015/03/preview_for_lords_of_the_sith.htm

Can't wait for this book. Also, I find it interesting that it takes place before Tarkin. AND CHAM SYNDULLA FTW!

Ah, Interesting, reading your link, and the first page claims Vader's injuries have actually strengthened his connection the force instead of hindering it. That's completely contradictory to Lucas's stance that Disney may have taken here.

Though I assume his potential has still been severely depleted, simply because otherwise the whole OT wouldn't make much sense narratively speaking.

psmith81992
Another reason why you people will probably be wrong about all the supposed hype of the new movies/books.

LadyKulvax
I hope this book is a sign of a new consistent standard for canon because it is the best I've read in a very long time.

Zenwolf
Well as long as Vader's potential is hindered, why would his overall power be? I mean yeah he was cut to pieces, but for the most part it was just talking about his potential being cut...which is obvious of course, but that doesn't mean he still can't become extraordinarily powerful.

His potential =/= Overall power.

|King Joker|
Indeed.

The first 50 pages were extremely good. Probably my favorite out of all the new books, honestly. I also love how badass Vader is portrayed by Disney.

Cham is also fantastic.

carthage
I love it Kemp wrote tremendously in Deceived, and his ability to clearly depict events and stay true to characters is interesting. The dynamics between Palpatine and Vader's relationships as cooperating allies is one I've never even imagined. This is going to be an excellent book.

Trocity
Vader is shaping up to be extremely badass in the new canon, and I am glad. Some EU novel/comic portrayals of him were cringeworthy.

Kemp is easily one of the best Star Wars authors ever. Excellent read.

|King Joker|
I love it Kemp wrote tremendously in Deceived, and his ability to clearly depict events and stay true to characters is interesting. The dynamics between Palpatine and Vader's relationships as cooperating allies is one I've never even imagined. This is going to be an excellent book. thumb up
Originally posted by Trocity
Vader is shaping up to be extremely badass in the new canon, and I am glad. Some EU novel/comic portrayals of him were cringeworthy.

Kemp is easily one of the best Star Wars authors ever. Excellent read. thumb up

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Trocity

He's clearly Powerful as hell with the Force in the new canon. Just waiting to see how he'll stack up in a Saber duel. Problem is there's no one of a high dueling caliber he could face to prove how good he is.

DarthAnt66
Skillz!

Nephthys
See, I probably would have preferred it if they went relatively low-key with the Force. Like in the movies and show. I really hope they don't get into the arms race the EU got into by trying to top the last thing with the biggerest Force thing ever. That's just a headache.

Same with the Saber stuff. I'd prefer it if it wasn't so retarded for stuff like pre vizla to going toe to toe with Maul to happen. Due to Force Users being ridiculously fast and strong and shit.

I'm just saying, this is their chance for a reset, they can unknot stuff that have become issues.

Lord Stark
Agreed.

Which changes nothing. He heavily implies he's more powerful than in ROTS in ANH in his duel with Kenobi with his 'But now I am the master' speech.

DarthAnt66
"Many years later, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader duel a second time. The Sith Lord is now more experienced and powerful." --Star Wars: Beware of the Sith

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He's clearly Powerful as hell with the Force in the new canon. Just waiting to see how he'll stack up in a Saber duel. Problem is there's no one of a high dueling caliber he could face to prove how good he is.

There could be at some point in the new canon, someone that could fight Vader in a duel. Who knows.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
See, I probably would have preferred it if they went relatively low-key with the Force. Like in the movies and show. I really hope they don't get into the arms race the EU got into by trying to top the last thing with the biggerest Force thing ever. That's just a headache.

Same with the Saber stuff. I'd prefer it if it wasn't so retarded for stuff like pre vizla to going toe to toe with Maul to happen. Due to Force Users being ridiculously fast and strong and shit.

I'm just saying, this is their chance for a reset, they can unknot stuff that have become issues.

http://i.imgur.com/TQ8sr.gif

ares834

Normally I'd agree but this has VADER FLY THROUGH F***ING SPACE!

Though I assume his potential has still been severely depleted, simply because otherwise the whole OT wouldn't make much sense narratively speaking.

See I disagree. In fact, I think Vaderhavin his potential cut actually contradict the OT what with Yoda's "luminous beings" speech and the fact that Jedi are "far more powerful" when they have no bodies at all.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
http://i.imgur.com/TQ8sr.gif

Dude, you complain about DE, Luke and Nihilus/Vitiate/Hord/Old Republic feats being ridiculous way more than me. AND that it breaks suspension of disbelief for a muggle to fight or beat a Force user. I was expecting you to wholeheartedly agree.

The Force is cooler as more mystical and subtle than as FORCE SMASH ALL THE THINGS!

Originally posted by ares834

God, puke.

Tzeentch

Even with just movie feats, that would still be retarded.

The moment we saw Luke deflect lasers with his eyes closed and casually choke people into submission with a gesture in RotJ, the notion that any non-modified person (meaning not a cyborg, etc) without access to the force could hold their own against a force user in a straight up fight became patently ridiculous.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"Many years later, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader duel a second time. The Sith Lord is now more experienced and powerful." --Star Wars: Beware of the Sith

Mmmm yes, and yet Lucas disagrees. Aside from interviews the mere fact that Vader was stalemating a less powerful Kenobi suggests that he is not actually more powerful. Unless Kenobi became markedly more powerful as well, I don't think Vader as of ANH is stronger than Anakin in ROTS.

The Merchant
Yeah I hope Vader wrecks some starships in this book.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Even with just movie feats, that would still be retarded.

The moment we saw Luke deflect lasers with his eyes closed and casually choke people into submission with a gesture in RotJ, the notion that any non-modified person (meaning not a cyborg, etc) without access to the force could hold their own against a force user in a straight up fight became patently ridiculous.

Eh, not to me. Precognition and TK are powerful advantages but it's still believable that someone skilled enough and with the right tools could fight them. Especially by stacking the deck in their favor and keeping them off balance. They're still only human. Adding great superhuman speed and strength into that is just stupid. They shouldn't even be capable of seeing the attacks let alone blocking them without getting their weapon blown out of their hands.

Zenwolf
Why is the Force granting Jedi/Sith superhuman strength or speed ridiculous? It's not like the Force wasn't noted as some all powerful thing even in the 1st movie and there were degrees of superhuman speed and strength shown in the older movies too...so it's not like it was a recent thing that happened.

Zenwolf

Wait what? :O Scans/Quotes?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why is the Force granting Jedi/Sith superhuman strength or speed ridiculous? It's not like the Force wasn't noted as some all powerful thing even in the 1st movie and there were degrees of superhuman speed and strength shown in the older movies too...so it's not like it was a recent thing that happened.

Are you not reading the conversation? I mention a very specific reason.

|King Joker|
Wait what? :O Scans/Quotes? Just read the 50 pages linked!

Zenwolf
Are you not reading the conversation? I mention a very specific reason.

Yeah, I was confusing the wording there.

Zenwolf
Just read the 50 pages linked!

Oh damn! :O Awesome.

|King Joker|
It is.

Zenwolf
Also an interesting note, seems the Royal Guards now carry more than just a Force Pike and Heavy Blaster in their robes..

ILS
Also an interesting note, seems the Royal Guards now carry more than just a Force Pike and Heavy Blaster in their robes.. kinkeh

|King Joker|
Also an interesting note, seems the Royal Guards now carry more than just a Force Pike and Heavy Blaster in their robes.. Yeah, when I was reading that I was going to put that quote in this thread, 'cause it's pretty interesting.

Royal Guards are so kewl.

Zenwolf
Yeah, when I was reading that I was going to put that quote in this thread, 'cause it's pretty interesting.

Royal Guards are so kewl.

Now if we can just get Marvel to make a Guard comic series like DH did with Crimson Empire...or novel!

|King Joker|
Now if we can just get Marvel to make a Guard comic series like DH did with Crimson Empire...or novel! https://38.media.tumblr.com/9cab40eace09168d0d9511a313a7b1dc/tumblr_nhj6ay9rrk1qbp53io1_1280.jpg

psmith81992
I'm glad there's at least a few people who are remotely interested in the new novels. It's cute.

Trocity
LOL @ the picture and agreed, need more Royal Guard stuff. thumb up

The_Tempest
Dude, you complain about DE, Luke and Nihilus/Vitiate/Hord/Old Republic feats being ridiculous way more than me. AND that it breaks suspension of disbelief for a muggle to fight or beat a Force user. I was expecting you to wholeheartedly agree.

The Force is cooler as more mystical and subtle than as FORCE SMASH ALL THE THINGS!

God, puke.

I do agree. I just find it ironic coming from you. But you probably mean you want the movie characters to be low key.

DARTH POWER

See I disagree. In fact, I think Vaderhavin his potential cut actually contradict the OT what with Yoda's "luminous beings" speech and the fact that Jedi are "far more powerful" when they have no bodies at all.

I mean the narrative of the OT. The story was that Vader wanted Luke so they could overthrow the Emperor together. If Anakin didn't lose potential however, then he should either already be more powerful than Sidious by the OT (probable), or have enough confidence in himself to surpass Sidious all by himself in the next few years.

But yes in terms of actualized power there's no narrative issue with OT Vader being more powerful than ROTS Anakin.

ares834
That's only a problem if Anakin has twice the potential of Sidious. And even then there are ways to brush it aside.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I do agree. I just find it ironic coming from you. But you probably mean you want the movie characters to be low key.

There's nothing but the movies + cartoons now so there's no EU I can be biased towards. erm

Lord Stark
Also an interesting note, seems the Royal Guards now carry more than just a Force Pike and Heavy Blaster in their robes..

Like lightsabers or...

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Like lightsabers or... Vibroblades and shit.

Lord Stark
Vibroblades and shit.

Just read it, badass.

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/1432e1357f704a95561a5e9e110d57c3/tumblr_nmg8obKLpJ1tiwa1fo2_1280.png
https://33.media.tumblr.com/1d5c42b726ffe82b555a566a4dfd950d/tumblr_nmg8obKLpJ1tiwa1fo1_500.gif

DarthAnt66
Where did you get that?

|King Joker|
One of the people I follow on Tumblr got it from some preview or something I think, IDK.

DarthAnt66
awh you have tumblr. stick out tongue

FreshestSlice
https://41.media.tumblr.com/1432e1357f704a95561a5e9e110d57c3/tumblr_nmg8obKLpJ1tiwa1fo2_1280.png

Her death is going to be so terrible, I just know it. Maybe he'll Maelstrom her.

|King Joker|
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130317125900/glee/images/0/08/Glare.gif

FreshestSlice
Should have been a Moses!Bale gif, because only God could make this turn out well.

|King Joker|
Lmfao.

Nah but if Ahsoka pressures Vader to the point he ends up bringing out ****ing Force maelstrom then http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gif http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gif http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gif http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gifhttp://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gif

FreshestSlice
I just want them to make Maelstrom canon, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

|King Joker|
Agreed.

DarthAnt66
http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/04/DelReyPins.jpg

Darth Luminous
and the fact that Jedi are "far more powerful" when they have no bodies at all.

Despite the seeming implication of that wording, by the subsequent films we saw that said power was actually quite limited: "I cannot interfere." We still haven't seen the ghosts do much at all.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
Despite the seeming implication of that wording, by the subsequent films we saw that said power was actually quite limited: "I cannot interfere." We still haven't seen the ghosts do much at all.

Well in the final season of TCW Qui-Gon's ghost levitated Yoda and shook the room. And IIRC Yoda seemed pretty helpless to do anything. And Qui-Gon didn't even complete his ghost training.

Just because their rules/morals they follow doesn't allow them to interfere doesn't mean they are not extremely powerful.

Darth Luminous
I'm not sure why that would be a rule for them, and I certainly don't see it as an issue of morals.

DARTH POWER
I'm not sure why that would be a rule for them, and I certainly don't see it as an issue of morals.

Same reason Qui-Gon won't tell Yoda who the Sith Lord was. So clearly they do have non - interference morals/rules in their afterlife identities.

Tzeentch
Which is really strange, as rules only exist so long as they can be enforced.

Does another force ghost come and double-kill all the ghosts who break the rules? If not, they functionally could do whatever the **** they want.

Darth Luminous
Same reason Qui-Gon won't tell Yoda who the Sith Lord was. So clearly they do have non - interference morals/rules in their afterlife identities.

Qui-Gon can't tell the Jedi who Sidious is only because it's a giant plot hole, but I wouldn't exactly call it an issue of morals. How is it moral to let Palpatine take over the galaxy and ultimately sentence millions
( including all the people on Alderaan ) to death?

Then again, ghost Qui-Gon's perception seems to be oddly limited, if Overlords is any indication...

DARTH POWER
Qui-Gon can't tell the Jedi who Sidious is only because it's a giant plot hole, but I wouldn't exactly call it an issue of morals. How is it moral to let Palpatine take over the galaxy and ultimately sentence millions
( including all the people on Alderaan ) to death?

Then again, ghost Qui-Gon's perception seems to be oddly limited, if Overlords is any indication...

Overlords was before Qui-Gon could commune with Yoda. He could only commune with Mortis at that point, so of course his perception was limited at that time.

If it's a plot hole that Qui-Gon didn't tell Yoda who the Sith Lord was even when Yoda specifically asked him, then it's a plot hole that the Force Ghosts decided not to intervene in combat.

The only Logical explanation is they have a level of Non-Interference laws set on them in the after-life.

Zenwolf
So it's out right? Anyone have it? How is it?

ares834
It was alright. Not sure if I'd go as far to say it's a disappointment, but it certainly could have been better. It's far better than Tarkin at least.

Zenwolf
It was alright. Not sure if I'd go as far to say it's a disappointment, but it certainly could have been better. It's far better than Tarkin at least.

Anything new for Vader or Sidious?

ares834
Feat wise? Plenty. Each brings down a space ship, they take on hundreds of these giant bugs called Lyleks, Vader is fast enough to keep up with Sidious, Sidious's foresight is pretty much perfect, etc etc..

And Vader suspects that Palpatine was holding back throughout most of the novel to test Vader's loyalty.

Edit: Oh, and there are a few Royal Guards and they are actually quite badass.

carthage
**** I need this book

Zenwolf
Feat wise? Plenty. Each brings down a space ship, they take on hundreds of these giant bugs called Lyleks, Vader is fast enough to keep up with Sidious, Sidious's foresight is pretty much perfect, etc etc..

And Vader suspects that Palpatine was holding back throughout most of the novel to test Vader's loyalty.

Edit: Oh, and there are a few Royal Guards and they are actually quite badass.

The Royal Guards actually do more than just stand around? :O

TELL ME WHAT THEY DO!

Also that's pretty awesome feats for them.

ares834
They are master marksmen. Two of them are with Vader and Palpatine throughout much of the novel and help fight the Lyleks managing to kill a bunch of them with headshots and grenades.

Also, interestingly enough, one of them was actually a Fett clone.

carthage
You finished it already?

ares834
Si.

Zenwolf
They are master marksmen. Two of them are with Vader and Palpatine throughout much of the novel and help fight the Lyleks managing to kill a bunch of them with headshots and grenades.

Also, interestingly enough, one of them was actually a Fett clone.

OMG....I wanna read it!

I honestly hope the RG along with Stormtroopers in general get actual feats and the like, like they did in Legends. It makes it much more impressive when characters actually beat them, instead of them just being like regular mooks in comics who just show up and get beaten.

Gambler
I read in one review, that the book was crap. Not that I care much - I haven't read a single SW book.

carthage
-

Col. Valerian
Ah, Interesting, reading your link, and the first page claims Vader's injuries have actually strengthened his connection the force instead of hindering it. That's completely contradictory to Lucas's stance that Disney may have taken here.

Actually, I can't remember exactly when or where Sidious said this, but he said he believed Vader's inability to reach his full-potential had nothing to do with his bodily losses in his fight versus Kenobi, and that it was more likely due to his psychological limitations and his unstable state of mind after Padme's loss and his actions against the Jedi.

|King Joker|
I hear LotS is really good. Probably gonna buy it today.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Actually, I can't remember exactly when or where Sidious said this, but he said he believed Vader's inability to reach his full-potential had nothing to do with his bodily losses in his fight versus Kenobi, and that it was more likely due to his psychological limitations and his unstable state of mind after Padme's loss and his actions against the Jedi.

Well, I just finished Rise of Darth Vader and if memory serves me right Sheev did say something along those lines.

NewGuy01
Sidious says a lot of stuff in RoDV, that may be among them tbh.

Then again, Sheev isn't always right.

carthage
Yeah, Palpatine's foresight is amazing in the book. Too bad he couldn't foresee himself getting killed by Vader though thumb up

The_Tempest
I hear LotS is really good. Probably gonna buy it today.

Meh, it's ok. Not one of Kemp's better efforts.

carthage
Its pretty hard to top a book like Deceived, But Malgus >> Sidious so it's all good

Raptor22
Is it out in soft cover or hard?

The_Tempest
nowhere near as funny as the Super Soakers comment tbh cart.

Originally posted by Raptor22

Hardcover.

carthage
Originally posted by Raptor22

Hardcover I think. I bought the digital version tho.

Also Zapan87/Nargaroth I added some of the scans Ares mentioned into the comments of your respect thread.

Vader >>>>>>>>>>>> Revan 4 lyfe.

ares834
Ironically, I found it kinda disappointing that Vader and Sidious were that powerful. I was hoping they would keep their power levels more in line with the moves and not get crazy TFU-style feats.

Nargaroth
Hardcover I think. I bought the digital version tho.

Also Zapan87/Nargaroth I added some of the scans Ares mentioned into the comments of your respect thread.

Vader >>>>>>>>>>>> Revan 4 lyfe.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to them. I also remember him blowing apart two Lyleks, but I think I'll wait for other quotes.

carthage
So many feats in that Lyek section, The Emperor downs massive trees with just a gesture, collapses a ceiling crushing multiple Lyeks, and Vader creates a barrier that repels multiple grenade blasts.

Dayuumm

*Scanned the feat you were mentioning.

ares834
"Vader extended a gloved hand and loosed a blast of power that blew apart two of the lyleks rushing toward him, showering those behind with gore and chunks of carapace."

ares834
So many feats in that Lyek section, The Emperor downs massive trees with just a gesture, collapses a ceiling crushing multiple Lyeks, and Vader creates a barrier that repels multiple grenade blasts.

Dayuumm

Probably the most impressive thing for Vader is that he is more than able to keep up with the Lylek Queen which was quick enough to tag Sidious.

carthage
I found another where he unleashes a force wave, smashes their exoskeletons, brings down crystal stalagmites, and blasts multiple Lyeks back.

Yeah, I'll scan that too. Vader should be more or less on or close to Sidious's speed now.

ares834
Yep.

"He fell deeply into the Force and loosed a wave of power from his outstretched hand that filled the circumference of the tunnel. The blast slammed into the charging horde, cracking exoskeletons, shattering stalagmites, and driving a score or more of the lyleks in the lead backward in a shower of broken bodies and broken stone. They squealed and chittered and flailed, and the lyleks following after scrambled over the fallen and wounded, their eyes fixed on Vader."

He does something like that a few times.

ares834
Here was something else that caught my notice.

"The heat from the weapon made a red-hot circle in the hatch around the blade. Vader held on to the hilt and poured in his power. The metal started to surrender to the heat of his weapon, the heat of his wrath."

Is he using the force to heat up his saber blade?

Nargaroth
"Vader extended a gloved hand and loosed a blast of power that blew apart two of the lyleks rushing toward him, showering those behind with gore and chunks of carapace."

Mmm, I wonder if that's on par with Plagueis' assassin atomization feat.

Nargaroth
I found another where he unleashes a force wave, smashes their exoskeletons, brings down crystal stalagmites, and blasts multiple Lyeks back.

Yeah, I'll scan that too. Vader should be more or less on or close to Sidious's speed now.

That would be impressive, but Palpatine's speed isn't as good in Canon as it was in Legends. What are his speed feats?

ares834
Blitzing the B-team.

carthage
Sidious also unleashed a telekinetic wave that blasted 4 lyleks 10 meters into the air and "shattered their bodies"

Damn. Sidious also sensed Vader's thoughts on imagining himself ruling if Sidious died to the Lyleks

ares834
Even better IMO.

"Below, an explosion of Force lightning shredded a handful of lyleks and left his Master standing in the center of a circle of charred, dead creatures."

carthage
These feats are insane. They're slaughtering them wholesale, its like shooting Darth Banes in a barrel

Selenial
Damn, Lyleks are huge. Hella impressive.

carthage
One of the Twileks muses that the hides of the Lyleks are tougher than his armor. It does indeed seem that Vader/Sidious surpassed Plagueis's feat:

"Within half the hour

Beniboybling

carthage
LOL

The Twilek rebels say that they fortify entire cities to fight a handful of them, and the Emperor and Vader killed hundreds and they even are at a loss to explain the damage to their bodies.

ares834
They are never really given a size in the novel IIRC, but they were uprooting entire trees so I'd assume they are massive.

Nargaroth
One of the Twileks muses that the hides of the Lyleks are tougher than his armor. It does indeed seem that Vader/Sidious surpassed Plagueis's feat:

"Within half the hour

Does blowing apart equate to disintegration or atomization?

carthage
If you clicked the above scan, one of the soldiers mused that their hides is stronger than his armor. Other quotes says Sidious/Vader completely shattered their bodies, and the damage is so extense that another Twi'lek muses that grenades did the damage to their carapaces.

I'll upload the scans to your thread tonight.

Selenial
Well, the HOT fought one on Tatooine and apparently that's some ****ing amazing feat, so y'know.

carthage
LOL

Hero and Revan would get shit on so badly if they tried this solo. They have to fortify entire cities just to deal with a few, Vader and Sidious killed hundreds of them.

Nargaroth
If you clicked the above scan, one of the soldiers mused that their hides is stronger than his armor. Other quotes says Sidious/Vader completely shattered their bodies, and the damage is so extense that another Twi'lek muses that grenades did the damage to their carapaces.

I'll upload the scans to your thread tonight.

Interesting. It seems that Vader is even more powerful now than he was in Legends, which would basically put him in the top tier.

carthage
Keep in mind that they killed hundreds of them, and if you clicked that scan they have to fortify entire cities against just a few. Holy ****, and also Vader is apparently equal to Palpatine in speed.

carthage
HOLY **** HE LIFTED THE QUEEN LYLEK WITH ONE HAND WITH TELEKINESIS OMG

ares834

Beniboybling
They are never really given a size in the novel IIRC, but they were uprooting entire trees so I'd assume they are massive. If we go based on TOR, they are almost twice the size of a person.Originally posted by Nargaroth
Does blowing apart equate to disintegration or atomization? Note its described as near atomisation, and its also noted they appeared as if they had been blow apart by grenades, so I'd say relatively the same level of destruction. So yeah its superior, though of course Plagueis was severely injured.

carthage
When they were running escaping them initially it mentioned they kept an equal pace.

ares834
Well the guards were able to mostly keep up as well. So they couldn't have been going to fast.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Beniboybling
If we go based on TOR, they are almost twice the size of a person.Note its described as near atomisation, and its also noted they appeared as if they had been blow apart by grenades, so I'd say relatively the same level of destruction. So yeah its superior, though of course Plagueis was severely injured.

Well, going by that, Vader should be able to disintegrate normal people then.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Well, going by that, Vader should be able to disintegrate normal people then. True...

HOLY ---

DARTH POWER

Although it is worth noting that Sidious "had shown so little of his true power throughout the day."

erm

Well that kind of negates any comparison between the 2.

Was there a reason given for that or is it that it's normal for Sidious to hold back on his power?

ares834
To test Vader's loyalty and to have Vader rely on himself. It could also be referring to how Sidious pretty much stood on the sidelines throughout the novel.

DARTH POWER
^ Ah I see. I suppose "shown so little of his true power" suggests he did unleash it at least a few times.

I don't get this book downloaded until Thursday. But damn you read it quick!

carthage
Well the guards were able to mostly keep up as well. So they couldn't have been going to fast.

The guards were firing from another point behind them or ahead of them at the lyleks. I'll post the quote later

ares834
I guess I'm not exactly sure what scene you are talking about then. Regardless, the two of them running at the same speed means little IMO.

The_Tempest
Yeah, my initial impression of this book endures. The writing is very weak.

|King Joker|
From the 50 paged preview I read it was quite good, in my opinion.

carthage
I only cared for the scenes with the Emperor and Vader and I wasn't let down. Beating hundreds of massive Lyleks that can uproot trees/lay entire cities siege, have carapaces harder than armor, telekinetically wielding freighters, and reducing Lyleks to blood and gore/destroying their bodies are amazing showings of power thumb up

They're the most powerful Sith to ever live

DarthAnt66
I'm pleased this book provided Vader wank.

inb4 Ahsoka vs Vader, however.

DarthAnt66
I should probably make a canon Vader RT. :mmm:

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm pleased this book provided Vader wank.

inb4 Ahsoka vs Vader, however. https://media1.giphy.com/media/4pu1LLskDklk4/200_s.gif

DarthAnt66
Uh, I meant how Ahsoka would become Vader tier, making her extremely powerful!

big grin

DarthAnt66
Hero and Revan would get shit on so badly if they tried this solo. They have to fortify entire cities just to deal with a few, Vader and Sidious killed hundreds of them.
...because Revan has never fought superior armies than those before. thumb up

laughing out loud

The Merchant
I still wanted more feats. Vader and Palpatine needed to crush Capital ships damn it.

Lord Stark
So wait is Vader actually Sidious speed or was Sidious holding back the whole time?

carthage
There is nothing to imply he was holding back

The text says Vader "moved with even greater speed". He is clearly capable of reacting to Sidious.

ares834
Well Sidious seemed to be faster in their duel against the Lyleks, just not by a substantial amount. As for him holding back, it could certainly be read that way. Personally, I don't but I'm a bit of a Vader fanboy. stick out tongue

Lord Stark
There is nothing to imply he was holding back

The text says Vader "moved with even greater speed". He is clearly capable of reacting to Sidious.

I also highly doubt Sidious would use his maximum speed to cut down a Twilek girl.

carthage
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I also highly doubt Sidious would use his maximum speed to cut down a Twilek girl.

Vader convinced him to spare the girl so they could get a communicator to hail Moff Mors to get them off the planet. Again nothing in the text implies that Sidious held back earlier Sidious and Vader were outrunning the Lyleks and Vader was able to keep up with Sidious before they entered the Lylek nest.

Lord Stark
Vader convinced him to spare the girl so they could get a communicator to hail Moff Mors to get them off the planet. Again nothing in the text implies that Sidious held back earlier Sidious and Vader were outrunning the Lyleks and Vader was able to keep up with Sidious before they entered the Lylek nest.

I doubt that Vader is Sidious speed unless he was holding back dramatically in the OT. It just doesn't make sense. Then again he is 80% of Sidious.

ares834
From a purely visual standpoint, even Sidious didn't seem that fast in RotS. The Obi-Wan/Anakin duel was far faster than his duel with Mace and the B-Team.

Lord Stark
From a purely visual standpoint, even Sidious didn't seem that fast in RotS. The Obi-Wan/Anakin duel was far faster than his duel with Mace and the B-Team.

Yeah, but look at Kit Fisto's duel with Grievous. It was fairly high paced, far faster than his spat with Sidious from a purely visual standpoint.

ares834
Um yeah, that's my point. How fast the appear to be moving in the films or tv series doesn't seem to reflect their actual combat speed.

Lord Stark
Um yeah, that's my point. How fast the appear to be moving in the films or tv series doesn't seem to reflect their actual combat speed.

Then you missed my point entirely.

It doesn't make sense for someone close to Sidious' speed to have problems with an out of shape Kenobi. That would mean that ANH Kenobi, and ROTJ Luke are approaching Sidious-tier speed which is absolutely ridiculous in my own humble opinion. OR Vader was toying with them.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>