Count Dooku & Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader & Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Dooku as of Revenge of the Sith.
Maul as of Son of Dathomir.

Vader as of Return of the Jedi.
Ventress as of The Clone Wars: Season 5.

Battle takes place on Hypori.

Selenial
Team 1.

Ventress is severely outmatched

carthage
Team 1

Nephthys
She didn't seem that outmatched when she fought Maul. Though yeah, he gets better so team 1.

|King Joker|
Ventress and Maul should be comparable with their saber skills, but Maul does have a Force advantage.

Emperordmb
I'm leaning team 1.

DARTH POWER
Team 2 but Ventress won't make it-

Vader beats Dooku while Maul beats Ventress, then Vader finishes off Maul.

|King Joker|
Honestly leaning Vader/Asajj as well. But like POWER says, she likely dies.

sad

Axle
Team 1

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
She didn't seem that outmatched when she fought Maul. Though yeah, he gets better so team 1.

That was a losing battle where Obi-Wan and Ventress were pulling tricks to survive.

She lasted about 10 seconds against Dooku alone.

Lord Stark
Team 1 takes this with extreme difficulty. The primary reason is that Tyranus can dismiss Ventress from the fight with relative ease, but Vader cannot do the same to Maul.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Team 2 but Ventress won't make it-

Vader beats Dooku while Maul beats Ventress, then Vader finishes off Maul.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Selenial
That was a losing battle where Obi-Wan and Ventress were pulling tricks to survive.

She lasted about 10 seconds against Dooku alone. You think Maul could dominate her in the Force as quickly and easily as Dooku?

Lord Stark
^This is not a gauntlet. They don't fight in separate rooms and then fight in one final battle. This is a 2v2, which means that Dooku can easily blast Ventress with a force attack from across the field, it means they can switch opponents. Dooku needs 10 seconds to kill Ventress Vader needs at least a minute to kill Maul. Again, Ventress can be dismissed by Dooku easily, Maul cannot be, which means in a 2v2 Team 1 has the easiest time gaining an advantage.

|King Joker|
I'd love to see Dooku ragdolling Ventress whilst fending off Darth Vader. laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I'd love to see Dooku ragdolling Ventress whilst fending off Darth Vader. laughing out loud

Yeah he couldn't even do that while fighting off Savage Opress.

Lord Stark

What part of this is a 2v2 do you not understand? Darth Maul is in this fight too. So yes Dooku can ragdoll Ventress whilst fending off Darth Vader with Maul's support.

Yeah he couldn't even do that while fighting off Savage Opress.
Red herring. That was an enclosed space. Ragdolling Ventress would do nothing but potentially give Savage an opening. On the Invisible Hand we saw Dooku has no problem separating opponents and controling the battle.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Lord Stark
What part of this is a 2v2 do you not understand? Darth Maul is in this fight too. So yes Dooku can ragdoll Ventress whilst fending off Darth Vader with Maul's support. Maul will start attacking Ventress in the beginning of the fight, not go to the aid of Dooku whom he despises. Dooku won't be able to even concentrate on Ventress with Vader on his ass, who's his clear superior in the Force. He isn't ragdolling Ventress without Vader beheading him.

You also seem to be implying Dooku and Maul would have even a modicum of teamwork or synergy. They'd be worse than Anakin and Kenobi during S6, lol.

DARTH POWER
We've seen Dooku fight Ventress one on one. And even then he wasn't depicted to just raise his hand and finish her in a couple of seconds.

Selenial
He basically was. She stood no chance against him, he was casually dismissing her in every way as she frantically attempted to survive...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Selenial
He basically was. She stood no chance against him, he was casually dismissing her in every way as she frantically attempted to survive...

Oh she was clearly no match for him on her own (as he warned her before the fight), but it's not like she went down without a fight. Took Dooku like a good 10 seconds to beat her, and that was in a 1 v 1 scenario.

So I highly doubt he's going to defeat her with a flick while he's busy taking on Vader.

However if Maul takes on Vader and Dooku takes on Ventress, then Dooku won't take long to be done with his fight so would likely double team Vader with Maul.

In that scenario I see Team 1 winning.

|King Joker|
thumb up

And it was more like 15-ish seconds.

Lord Stark
Maul will start attacking Ventress in the beginning of the fight, not go to the aid of Dooku whom he despises. Dooku won't be able to even concentrate on Ventress with Vader on his ass, who's his clear superior in the Force. He isn't ragdolling Ventress without Vader beheading him.

*sigh* This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin, these guys are Sith Lords not high school cheerleaders they won't let an 'I don't like you' interfere with their survival. Sith are selfish and Maul knows Dooku is the only way he's leaving this fight with his head, they will work together, just like they did in Sons of Dathomir. And if you want to take personalities into this then you're wrong. When Dooku and Maul fought as a team in Son of Dathomir Maul took on the stronger team of Mace and Aayla while Dooku took on Kenobi and Tiplee. So if anything Maul will go and fight Vader because he always looks for a challenge and Dooku will pwn Ventress.

Kenobi and Skywalker in S6 did have synergy, Dooku is just that good. Considering they are both master duelists, and not idiots they will work in cohesion. And as I stated earlier even if they didn't based on 'personality' then Maul would likely charge for Vader and Dooku would quickly dominate Ventress then help Maul end Vader.

Oh she was clearly no match for him on her own (as he warned her before the fight), but it's not like she went down without a fight. Took Dooku like a good 10 seconds to beat her, and that was in a 1 v 1 scenario.

So I highly doubt he's going to defeat her with a flick while he's busy taking on Vader.

However if Maul takes on Vader and Dooku takes on Ventress, then Dooku won't take long to be done with his fight so would likely double team Vader with Maul.

In that scenario I see Team 1 winning.

It didn't take Dooku 10 seconds, the duel may have lasted 10 seconds total but Dooku could have ended it at anytime. Once he stopped ****ing around he disarmed her with a gesture in about a second.

PUclUEMosm0

Nephthys
But in SoD they didn't show any actual teamwork, they just split up and took two each. That's completely different from what you're suggesting which requires he and Maul be in sync. No synergy.

DARTH POWER

It didn't take Dooku 10 seconds, the duel may have lasted 10 seconds total but Dooku could have ended it at anytime. Once he stopped ****ing around he disarmed her with a gesture in about a second.

Dooku was screwing around? Where did you get that idea from?

|King Joker|
Lord Stark's Dooku wank displeases me.

I'll respond when I get home, baby.

Lord Stark
But in SoD they didn't show any actual teamwork, they just split up and took two each. That's completely different from what you're suggesting which requires he and Maul be in sync. No synergy.

In a 4 v. 2 its far more advantageous if you split them up into 2 teams and wipe out 2 people ASAP. Which...Dooku pretty much did as he butchered Tiplee in a matter of seconds and Kenobi was like to follow. And if you actually read my post you'll see that I already addressed that. If we are taking personality into account then Maul will charge for the strongest person on the field who is Vader. Maul and Dooku did have strategy in SoD as having the strongest person on one team take out the weaker duo gives them the greater advantage than Kenobi+Mace+ Backup vs. them.

Dooku was screwing around? Where did you get that idea from?

By screwing around I mean even engaging her in a saber duel in the first place.

Okay, but I don't want to pay for it.

http://images.thehollywoodgossip.com/iu/t_xlarge_l/v1400281912/attachment/theon-greyjoy.jpg

McP
Ventress is outmached here. Vader is TK beast, Dooku isn't far worse, and Maul is very good at that as well. Dooku, Maul and Vader, all have strong guards in the Force. I wouldn't be suprised, if team 1 would take the Force only contest as well.
The sabers match, obviously goes for team 1. All-out would be harder, but I doubt that Vader would be able to kill Dooku before Maul would kill Ventress. More than that, i'm not really sure if Vader is acctualy better then Dooku. In the old EU he wasn't able to destroy strong Force users with his TK and he was average duelist.
He has some feats, but more like against machines, which is hard to compare with Dooku's or Maul's feats against Force users (which are clearly superior to Vader's).

|King Joker|
*sigh* This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin, these guys are Sith Lords not high school cheerleaders they won't let an 'I don't like you' interfere with their survival. Sith are selfish and Maul knows Dooku is the only way he's leaving this fight with his head, they will work together, just like they did in Sons of Dathomir.. Yep, you basically just said it. They're selfish so they won't stick their necks out to save one another, but tbh the same could be said for Vader and Ventress. But like Neph said, Dooku's and Maul's strategy of splitting up doesn't show they could fight along side eachother with synergy and/or effectiveness.

And if you want to take personalities into this then you're wrong. When Dooku and Maul fought as a team in Son of Dathomir Maul took on the stronger team of Mace and Aayla while Dooku took on Kenobi and Tiplee. So if anything Maul will go and fight Vader because he always looks for a challenge and Dooku will pwn Ventress. Or maybe Dooku took on Kenobi and Tiplee because he could ragdoll them far easier than Maul could? Hm? I think that's a logical conclusion that could be drawn.

Kenobi and Skywalker in S6 did have synergy, Dooku is just that good. Considering they are both master duelists, and not idiots they will work in cohesion. No, they didn't. Their synergy was atrocious and Dooku capitalized, simple as that.

By that logic Sidious and Yoda would make great teammates, wouldn't they? They're master duelists after all, they'll work in cohesion!

Nephthys
In a 4 v. 2 its far more advantageous if you split them up into 2 teams and wipe out 2 people ASAP. Which...Dooku pretty much did as he butchered Tiplee in a matter of seconds and Kenobi was like to follow. And if you actually read my post you'll see that I already addressed that. If we are taking personality into account then Maul will charge for the strongest person on the field who is Vader. Maul and Dooku did have strategy in SoD as having the strongest person on one team take out the weaker duo gives them the greater advantage than Kenobi+Mace+ Backup vs. them.

I thought it was the Jedi who picked who they'd fight? I recall it being really ****ing dumb that they paired up like they did. And you can call it good strategy, but it still doesn't prove that they have good teamwork or coordination in a fight that involves both of them engaging in actual proximity to each other.

Some would think that Vader can dismiss Maul with the Force as easily as Dooku can Ventress.

Lord Stark
I thought it was the Jedi who picked who they'd fight? I recall it being really ****ing dumb that they paired up like they did. And you can call it good strategy, but it still doesn't prove that they have good teamwork or coordination in a fight that involves both of them engaging in actual proximity to each other.

Nope. In one page Maul is facing off against Kenobi and Dooku against Tiplee. The next page after that is Maul charging Mace and saying 'Finally a fair fight' and Dooku against the other duo. As I said Maul always faces the strongest on the field. And yeah...it does. Them separating allowed them to as Dooku said 'kill some Jedi together'.

When has Vader ever dismissed anyone with the Force sans Rahm Kota? Not saying he can't but to say he can dismiss one of Sidious' apprentices as easily as Dooku can to Ventress is a huge stretch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.