Phoenix Wright vs. Light Yagami

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
Phoenix Wright, the protagonist of the Ace Attorney video game series.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/aceattorney/images/3/3b/Trilogy_Phoenix.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/187?cb=20140524203653

Light Yagami, the villain protagonist of the Death Note manga/anime series.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/deathnote/images/9/91/Light_%28blanc_et_noir%29.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/210?cb=20141026205335

Light has the Death Note and Wright has the Magatama.

Can Wright unmask "Kira"? Or will Light outsmart Phoenix?

Bro SMASH
I can't get the images to show up, for some reason.

Sacred 117
Try '(Image URL)'.

Bro SMASH
I tried that. They still don't show up.

Oh well...

Dramatic Gecko
Light wins.

The Scenario
Phoenix bluffs his way to victory.

AuraAngel
I'm not sure what is happening. Is Phoenix Wright trying to catch Light like L did or is Light already on trial? If the former, Light wins but if the latter then...well obviously Wright wins because he'd presumably have the Death Note as the evidence.

cdtm
Light wins, unfortunately.

Sacred 117
Is Death Note any good? I never watched it.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Is Death Note any good? I never watched it.

I read the manga. It's decent. IMO, it kind of dips a little towards the end, but it's worth seeing.

AuraAngel
Everyone is of the opinion that the manga drops in the second half but I really liked it.

cdtm
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Everyone is of the opinion that the manga drops in the second half but I really liked it.

I liked it, too. Only real complaint is the ending: Kira got off easy. All the shit he did, I'd barely call it a slap on the wrist.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by cdtm
I liked it, too. Only real complaint is the ending: Kira got off easy. All the shit he did, I'd barely call it a slap on the wrist.

Well some might consider dying like a pathetic loser to be a good ending.

cdtm
It had him getting to stew it over while everyone looks on and Ryuuk shakes his head in disappointment going for it, true. It was the best possible ending for that worlds rules.

It's just when Ryuuk promised he wasn't going to heaven or hell, I was kind of hoping he meant something far worse then death. Because Light totally deserved a fate worse then death.

Bro SMASH
I'm not sure what is happening. Is Phoenix Wright trying to catch Light like L did or is Light already on trial? If the former, Light wins but if the latter then...well obviously Wright wins because he'd presumably have the Death Note as the evidence.

I'm not really sure how Light would end up in court and I don't see how Wright would be involved in any court cases involving Light's victims so I guess it's just how Wright would be involved in the investigation and if his help would work.

AuraAngel
Hmm so I'll take that to mean Wright assists the investigators instead of L. Not sure if he could easily narrow his search but Light often gave the police clues so he could potentially find him.

If Phoenix comes out and publicly announces his intentions to hunt Kira then Light can just kill him(unless his name is fake). If he goes covert then I assume at some point Light will hack his dad's computer and see who is leading the search. If he goes really covert then it is possible he'll find Light and maybe try to use his magical trinket to catch Light.

But I'm also assuming that Wright is pretty noteworthy in universe so Light would recognize him almost immediately if the dude ever interrogated him personally. Light might realize the man has a magical means of making you talk which would require some trickiness. But Light can always pull a memory gambit on himself if Phoenix ever truly pinned him in one place for interrogation. Allow the Death Note to be discovered and the 13 Day rule will usually protect Light.

Light has too many scenarios where the cards come up his way. Almost certainly all of them if Misa and Rem are there.

Based
Originally posted by cdtm
Light wins, unfortunately.

Sums up my feelings exactly.

Edgeworth would be a more natural choice here but maybe in Kira's early days can AA win this. Light got a bit lucky in not getting caught and L completely owned his ass too.

When Light gets serious and he gets more experience in hiding Kira, I don't think anyone in AA has a shot.

Curse
Light

Bro SMASH
Hmm so I'll take that to mean Wright assists the investigators instead of L. Not sure if he could easily narrow his search but Light often gave the police clues so he could potentially find him.

L is still there. This is more of if Wright would be able to help L before Light gets a chance to kill them, as I don't see anybody else leading the investigation like L did.

Originally posted by Based
Sums up my feelings exactly.

Edgeworth would be a more natural choice here but maybe in Kira's early days can AA win this. Light got a bit lucky in not getting caught and L completely owned his ass too.

When Light gets serious and he gets more experience in hiding Kira, I don't think anyone in AA has a shot.

I actually did make an Edgeworth vs. Light topic a long time ago.

I personally think Edgeworth could be able to solve the case.

AuraAngel
Is Misa in play as the second Kira or is Light flying solo?

Bro SMASH
Is Misa in play as the second Kira or is Light flying solo?

Yeah, Misa is there too.

AuraAngel
Then it plays out much the same. Misa gets caught and rather than spill the beans she opts to abandon her memories. Light does his Memory Gambit and then the 13-Day Rule surfaces to basically make him and Misa invincible to persecution.

Rem likely kills Wright when she kills L and Watari but if not then Wright would end up working with Light since Light has no reason to kill him.

If Light starts to believe Wright will suspect him then he can just order Misa to off him through sickness or what have you.

The Scenario
The Magatama is probably going to make it hard for Light to talk around Wright without memory gambits, but aside from that Wright doesn't have many advantages. In fact, he's got a pretty bad habit of marching right up to whomever he suspects and presenting all the evidence he's found to them.

AuraAngel
Well with Light there really is no evidence lol.

I mean they think Penbar is special and that he investigated Light but he also investigated other people. And people died when Light could not possibly have gotten their names(or so they think). And with Misa in play they will almost certainly detain her before moving for Light. If Misa did not break under torture then she could probably survive a conversation with Wright long enough to give up her memories(since I'm working under the assumption that the Magatama works over time rather than immediately getting them to spill the beans).

The Scenario
All it really does is tip Phoenix off that someone is keeping a secret. I think the spilling the beans part is just a thing people in the AA universe do.

Bro SMASH
One thing that always puzzled me is how come none of the investigators actually read over the other rules of the Death Note besides the fake 13 day rule? It's something I doubt the likes of Wright or Edgeworth wouldn't do.

AuraAngel
Well the investigators read all of the rules. The 13 Day one just gets highlighted since it frees Light and Misa of any suspicion. It is the ultimate shield until Shido came down to tell them all it was fake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.