Fear the Walking Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/30/first-footage-from-fear-the-walking-dead

We've got our first footage. Anyone else get a '28 Weeks Later' vibe from this show? Hoping it has a different tone and progression from The Walking Dead. Seeing the start of the outbreak and following a new group through it should be fun.

unWdvWPmiPk

Inhuman
Yeah instead of backwoods country , we might get city survival hijinks.
Will watch thumb up

BruceSkywalker
never ever watched the walking dead, but might watch this..

Galan007
Hm, is this supposed to tie-into TWD, or is it a standalone?

Reflassshh
Standalone, apparently. Maybe we'll get to see the origin of Magna's group? Unlikely but would be nice.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Galan007
Hm, is this supposed to tie-into TWD, or is it a standalone?

This one apparently takes place in L.A.

marwash22
Originally posted by Inhuman
Yeah instead of backwoods country , we might get city survival hijinks.
Will watch thumb up if it's something like "Dawn of the Dead', I'll be happy.

the title is kind lame tho.

Inhuman
Originally posted by marwash22

the title is kind lame tho.

I guess they wanted to make it obvious for the stupid people that this takes place in the same universe as the walking dead.

marwash22
"Walking Dead Too: Electric Boogaloo"
"Walking Dead: The New Batch"
"Look Who's Walking Dead Now"
"A Good Day to Walk Dead"
"Live Free or Walk Dead"
"The Walking Dead: Secrets of the Oooze"

all much better titles, imo. thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by Inhuman
I guess they wanted to make it obvious for the stupid people that this takes place in the same universe as the walking dead.

The Walking Dead: California Edition

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
The Walking Dead: California Edition
thumb up
I was about to suggest that. Something like the real world , ex. The real world : Miami.

The Walking Dead: Los Angeles.

Can't wait till the next spin off : The walking Dead: Jersey Shore.

Stringer
Like the 2 main cast members. Can't wait

Mindset
I would rather it be in NYC, but LA is cool too.

Arachnid1
Honestly, I would have preferred somewhere out of the US all together. Somewhere in the UK or Australia would be cool.

Mindset
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Honestly, I would have preferred somewhere out of the US all together. Somewhere in the UK or Australia would be cool. If you're going out of US, go far east.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Mindset
If you're going out of US, go far east. Lol Japan would be a blood bath

Mindset
Lol Japan would be a blood bath Exactly. thumb up

Stringer
Lol Japan would be a blood bath

That's already been done.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Stringer
That's already been done. In what?

marwash22
Resident Evil.

QE™
I'm so excited for this! Hopefully it plays out better. thumb up

Galan007
A few teasers:

IByHGCpfRZc

dwyMn1O9PYo

NoJJmvjDgTw

Inhuman
Will watch for sure.
When is it suppose to start? I thought this show was going to air in the time the walking dead was off the air.

Just looked it up. Suppose to start August.

Galan007
Yeah, the exact premiere date has yet to be revealed, but the show is slated to begin sometime in August. The first season will have 6, 1 hour episodes total.

Ridley_Prime
So this starts August while (I assume) the next season of the regular Walking Dead show will start on October like usual? Oi... Would've preferred this one started showing during the summer as far as timing, but oh well.

marwash22
honestly, this looks like trash. Based on the teaser i saw, it looks to be the absolute worst part of horror/scifi stories, the part where no one believes the monster is real until it's too late... it's infuriating to watch as a viewer who knows for sure that the monster is real.

Hopefully that's just the pilot.

Also, it just doesn't look to be the same quality as TWD in terms of art direction; it looks more like a CBS (or worse, TNT) drama.

Galan007
Yeah, it might end up being a cliche horror sort of thing; we'll have to wait and see.

In any case, the potential for it to expand upon existing Walking Dead continuity is why I'm looking forward to it. I mean, not even the comics have depicted the proverbial "world before", so in that respect this is a fresh concept.

Inhuman
Official Comic-Con trailer

WDxew5SguVw

marwash22
so it looks like this will indeed be chock full of disbelief and panic... not that interested; that's the least exciting part of horror/scifi. The great thing about TWD was that it skipped all that bullshit and threw us right into the madness... we didn't have to watch people doubt what was happening or get beat over the head with exposition.

Honestly, the only thing I'm interested in seeing from a pre-apocalypse world, is patient zero and how it actually started.

Flyattractor
Can barely sit thru TWD as it is now. Probably not gonna be able to handle this too.

Adam Grimes
Honestly, the only thing I'm interested in seeing from a pre-apocalypse world, is patient zero and how it actually started. Considering the essence of the story, well... that would be the opposite of good.

Ridley_Prime
So just watched the pilot a little bit ago. It didn't really show how the outbreak started, per se (am hoping it'll get to that later though), but slowly built up to it happening in the given area. Was a little hard to sit through most of it but the ending kinda made it worth it, I guess.

Not the worst first impression for this series but not as bad as I thought it'd be, either. Just kinda... Meh. Certainly no substitute for TWD season 6.

Galan007
Okay, so I'm very interested in the plot. That being said, I cannot stand the lead woman's junkie son... One episode in and he's already annoying the shit out of me. Hopefully his BS tones the f*ck down.

Flyattractor
Hopefully it has to be better then the description my sat menu gave for it. First sentence was" A Dysfunctional Blended Family..." That alone almost killed all interest I had for the show right there.

Ridley_Prime
Okay, so I'm very interested in the plot. That being said, I cannot stand the lead woman's junkie son... One episode in and he's already annoying the shit out of me. Hopefully his BS tones the f*ck down.
Ironically, the junkie son (Nick) was the least of my problems with the pilot. Was more annoyed with how everyone would keep not believing what he saw at the church. I got why at first, but then when they tried to rationalize what he saw or brushed it off as "bad things happen there all the time anyway", it just got redundantly stupid. I guess I liked the irony too that the junkie wasn't the totally insane one as others thought.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Hopefully it has to be better then the description my sat menu gave for it. First sentence was" A Dysfunctional Blended Family..." That alone almost killed all interest I had for the show right there.
Unfortunately, that description's not too far off. Doesn't mean the family can't develop into something better later though; it's Walking Dead after all.

BruceSkywalker
i wanted more blood and zombies but overall i felt the pilot was decent

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Unfortunately, that description's not too far off. Doesn't mean the family can't develop into something better later though; it's Walking Dead after all.

Hopefully they won't develop into a bunch of A-holes that I don't like to watch on tv.

quanchi112
I am not as excited for the walking dead anymore.

Omega Vision
so it looks like this will indeed be chock full of disbelief and panic... not that interested; that's the least exciting part of horror/scifi. The great thing about TWD was that it skipped all that bullshit and threw us right into the madness... we didn't have to watch people doubt what was happening or get beat over the head with exposition.

Honestly, the only thing I'm interested in seeing from a pre-apocalypse world, is patient zero and how it actually started.
Also the other lame thing about zombie movies: how we're expected to believe that brainless zombies who can't run somehow destroy all society and overwhelm the world's militaries.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Also the other lame thing about zombie movies: how we're expected to believe that brainless zombies who can't run somehow destroy all society and overwhelm the world's militaries.

Its because they can run now...

Really OV. This was debated back when the DOTD remake came out. Try to keep up.
rolling on floor laughing

~Bun Bun~
I dug it. Totally going to keep watching. Wonder how it's going to play out with the weight of charaters and screen time, right now it feels like the youngers are gunna run the show.

Love the junkie.. he's what pulled me in.

S_W_LeGenD
Zombies manage to kill many people but they are a part of the equation that caused the collapse of civilizations. The other part of the equation is the culprit virus that somehow managed to infect huge number of people across the world (this virus might be airborne and/or spread through multiple methods).

Sometime after the outbreak; anybody who died, got reanimated.

marwash22
^ wasn't the virus confirmed to be airborne way back when the CDC doctor told us that everyone is already infected? Other than water contamination, there's no other way it could infect everyone.

i enjoyed the pilot way more than i expected to.

S_W_LeGenD
^ wasn't the virus confirmed to be airborne way back when the CDC doctor told us that everyone is already infected? Other than water contamination, there's no other way it could infect everyone.
Capabilities of this virus have not been discussed much in The Walking Dead sources. It is assumed to be airborne on the basis of the revelation that it spread across the world and infected virtually everybody.

Infection may have spread across the world through different means such as infected travelers, insects, animals and environment.

Adam Grimes

i enjoyed the pilot way more than i expected to. No, they don't even know if it's a virus, bacteria or what. It could very well be magic for all they know.

And hopefully it stays like that.

carthage
Can't wait for the new episode

marwash22
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
No, they don't even know if it's a virus, bacteria or what. whether the reanimation is caused by bacteria or a virus is irrelevant... it's obviously in the air or water because it's already in people.

It could very well be magic for all they know. lol. no it couldn't. That's completely implausible given what we know.

It's scientific in nature, and we know this for a fact because there is a known pathogen and the zombie bites cause a fever which leads to death, which leads to reanimation.
If it were magical, there would be no pathogen or fever, the zombie bite would just turn you immediately.

Adam Grimes
It went right over your head. erm

marwash22
obviously, 'cause i don't even know what "it" is.

Mindset
Shut up, Marwash.

marwash22
mindset, i will fck you ...

you probably thought that first spoiler said "up", but nope, I. WILL. FCK. YOU!

Time-Immemorial
Love this show.

Omega Vision
mindset, i will fck you ...

you probably thought that first spoiler said "up", but nope, I. WILL. FCK. YOU!
For you, the Jamaican strength:

http://images2.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/im-eating-what-jamaican-cock-flavoured-s/u/original/6399637/cocksoup1.jpg

They sell that stuff all over Miami.

marwash22
episode 2 was awful. Panic, confusion and stupidity... just what i feared.

Mindset
FTWD sure didn't waste any time getting rid of certain people.

lulface

marwash22
lol. yeah.

the quickening gives not a single fck about this being a spinoff.

#BlackWalkingDeadCharacterLivesMatter

BruceSkywalker
i like this show now even though it needs more violence

Galan007
episode 2 was awful. Panic, confusion and stupidity... just what i feared. HA!!!

Ascendancy
Husband: "Something bad happened there."
Wife: "He was hallucinating."
*goes to church*
Wife: "Something bad happened here..."

Adam Grimes
Young Johnny Deep steals the show. thumb up

Stoic
I really liked both episodes. I have a question though. Even if a person isn't bitten and they died from natural causes, wouldn't they still turn? I ask because I missed the first 2 seasons to the Walking Dead, and up until now, I had no idea how it all began.

BTW, I was just thinking that the Walking Dead, and Fear the Walking Dead are in my opinion the best shows out there right after Game of Thrones.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Stoic
I really liked both episodes. I have a question though. Even if a person isn't bitten and they died from natural causes, wouldn't they still turn? I ask because I missed the first 2 seasons to the Walking Dead, and up until now, I had no idea how it all began.

BTW, I was just thinking that the Walking Dead, and Fear the Walking Dead are in my opinion the best shows out there right after Game of Thrones.
Infected individuals would reanimate irrespective of how they die.

The Walking Dead sources do not explain the origins and outbreak of the culprit virus in detail; they offer some clues at maximum. While events of season 1 of Fear the Walking Dead take place during the outbreak phase of the culprit virus, origins of this virus remains a mystery. Popular assumptions are that this virus is airborne or waterborne.

Stoic
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Infected individuals would reanimate irrespective of how they die.

The Walking Dead sources do not explain the origins and outbreak of the culprit virus in detail; they offer some clues at maximum. While events of season 1 of Fear the Walking Dead take place during the outbreak phase of the culprit virus, origins of this virus remains a mystery. Popular assumptions are that this virus is airborne or waterborne.

Thank you. I was wondering about that. It's crazy how a simple idea like writing about zombies, and/or vampires seem to be the most interesting and lucrative stories that have been historically written. I mean when written properly that is. Again, thanks for the reply.

Ascendancy
In The Walking Dead, everyone is infected at that point and will reanimate on dying. Nothing has been revealed as of now as to if that's already the case in Fear as it currently stands.

Mindset
Originally posted by Ascendancy
In The Walking Dead, everyone is infected at that point and will reanimate on dying. Nothing has been revealed as of now as to if that's already the case in Fear as it currently stands. Yes it has.

When the guy was shot he came back as a zombie.

The Nuul
And I thought TWD was boring, the is on a different level, couldn't even watch 10 minutes of it.

Ascendancy
Yes it has.

When the guy was shot he came back as a zombie.
Still doesn't mean that everyone is infected at present. It may be certain populations in certain areas. I would assume at some point in this part of the series we'll learn morn in that regard.

Mindset
I disagree.

BruceSkywalker
how has the last couple shows been? i have them on my dvr but haven't yet watched.

marwash22
This last episode was a snoozer. Three episodes in and im gathering that the show runners are trying to show us how perfectly sane and compassionate people turn into savages over time. Problem with that is, we already have a show where that transformation has taken place, making this show comparatively very boring. The main guy especially is probably meant to be the best example of it... how someone goes from not liking guns, to being a complete gun-wielding savage. But again, we already have that in the other show.

Really, all of these characters are annoying, except for the Mexican father who appears to be the only one who gets it. If one more person tries to help a zombie after seeing that they cant be helped, im gonna lose my shit.

S_W_LeGenD
IMO, this show is not well-done.

The scale and intensity of the events are not being properly depicted. The show is restricted to a handful of characters which is not working. This show had the premise which could accommodate large number of characters for short roles to facilitate action-sequences, progression of events and make the show interesting aside from main characters. In this manner, reactions such as show being a slowpoke could be effectively countered.

3rd episode have aired and military has arrived! Too fast. Turning FTWD into another TWD (too fast) makes no sense. Perhaps AMC will learn that firing Frank Darabont was not a good decision.

IMO, Season 1 should have spanned 10 - 12 episodes and military should have arrived in the end. Season 1 should have been focused on spread of infection, isolated events, character development and spread of panic. Season 2 should have been focused on military action.

Too late now.

Mindset

The scale and intensity of the events are not being properly depicted. The show is restricted to a handful of characters which is not working. This show had the premise which could accommodate large number of characters for short roles to facilitate action-sequences, progression of events and make the show interesting aside from main characters. In this manner, reactions such as show being a slowpoke could be effectively countered.

3rd episode have aired and military has arrived! Too fast. Turning FTWD into another TWD (too fast) makes no sense. Perhaps AMC will learn that firing Frank Darabont was not a good decision.

IMO, Season 1 should have spanned 10 - 12 episodes and military should have arrived in the end. Season 1 should have been focused on spread of infection, isolated events, character development and spread of panic. Season 2 should have been focused on military action.

Too late now.

You should have expected the progression of events to be fast. The show focuses on the outbreak in one of the most densely populated metropolitan cities in america.

The only way to get a show you want is if this were in like Montana.

Stoic
This last episode was a snoozer. Three episodes in and im gathering that the show runners are trying to show us how perfectly sane and compassionate people turn into savages over time. Problem with that is, we already have a show where that transformation has taken place, making this show comparatively very boring. The main guy especially is probably meant to be the best example of it... how someone goes from not liking guns, to being a complete gun-wielding savage. But again, we already have that in the other show.

Really, all of these characters are annoying, except for the Mexican father who appears to be the only one who gets it. If one more person tries to help a zombie after seeing that they cant be helped, im gonna lose my shit.

Yeah I know what you mean, the School Councillor chick (forget her name) nearly had me screaming at the TV about how stupid she was acting at times. It was as if she forgot that the Principal nearly bit her boobs off a day earlier. Then by the end of the 3rd episode she seems to finally get it. I wonder how a real world government would deal with something like this? Anyway, I like both shows, and am truly baffled how an idea as simple as this makes for the best shows on TV.

Flyattractor

I should imagine that its due to the budget. The first 4 eps will probably be snoozers and then part way thru the 5 they will try to show the SHIT Hitting the Fan, and last ep will probably be balls to the wall.

,at least I hope. Cause I am not liking this show as it is.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
Yeah I know what you mean, the School Councillor chick (forget her name) nearly had me screaming at the TV about how stupid she was acting at times. It was as if she forgot that the Principal nearly bit her boobs off a day earlier. Then by the end of the 3rd episode she seems to finally get it. I wonder how a real world government would deal with something like this? Anyway, I like both shows, and am truly baffled how an idea as simple as this makes for the best shows on TV.
One of the first things I was taught in my graduate writing program is that the simplest ideas make the best stories.

Mindset
One of the first things I was taught in my graduate writing program is that the simplest ideas make the best stories. It's pretty obvious when you look at what's heralded as the greatest works of fiction.

Time-Immemorial
Is it just me or does this show suck mindsets balls.

Ascendancy
What I'm lost on is everyone's reaction. Why do so many zombie shows/movies all exist in worlds where no one has ever seen or read anything on zombies of any kind? Yeah, it's your neighbor, you like her, but you know every zombie you've seen so far kills everything it can, so you ice her.

And wtf was the teacher doing when he got home trying to reason with the other neighbor? Just straight dumb af.

Time-Immemorial
Pretty much that^

Jmanghan
Yeah, but its kinda hard to just up and accept "Oh, there's zombies now, and all my friends and family are dead, and they're all zombies too, and they're trying to kill and eat me, so that I can be a zombie now, so I am forced to kill them before they kill me."

I'd be near too upset to defend myself, let-alone kill off my whole family.

marwash22
What I'm lost on is everyone's reaction. Why do so many zombie shows/movies all exist in worlds where no one has ever seen or read anything on zombies of any kind? Yeah, it's your neighbor, you like her, but you know every zombie you've seen so far kills everything it can, so you ice her.

And wtf was the teacher doing when he got home trying to reason with the other neighbor? Just straight dumb af. that's been directly addressed by Kirkman himself.

zombie mythos don't exist; Night of the living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Resident Evil... none of those were ever created in this universe. With that in mind, it makes sense that no one knows the rules and why no one uses the word zombie.

Mindset
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah, but its kinda hard to just up and accept "Oh, there's zombies now, and all my friends and family are dead, and they're all zombies too, and they're trying to kill and eat me, so that I can be a zombie now, so I am forced to kill them before they kill me."

I'd be near too upset to defend myself, let-alone kill off my whole family. This is actually the moment I've been waiting for my entire life.

Jmanghan
that's been directly addressed by Kirkman himself.

zombie mythos don't exist; Night of the living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Resident Evil... none of those were ever created in this universe. With that in mind, it makes sense that no one knows the rules and why no one uses the word zombie. In the walking dead game, Lee Everett calls his brother a "zombie" after the apocalypse happens.

Galan007
-This shit where they try to cling onto any shred of hope, even when it's clearly not there, is ridiculous. The old Mexican guy has shit figured out already. If they listened to him, they'd survive.

-Why in the f*ck would they keep a zombie scourge that's sweeping across the entire country/world from their grown-ass daughter..?

Adam Grimes
In the walking dead game, Lee Everett calls his brother a "zombie" after the apocalypse happens. Different continuity.

Jmanghan
Different continuity. They were talking about in the zombie universe.

Also, no, its not a different continuity, the comic books, which started the AMC series, is canon.

The art style, and game itself, is based on the comic books, adding Lee in would not change a thing, and Glenn leaving leads up directly to the beginning of the comics, so yeah.

Adam Grimes
They were talking about in the zombie universe.

Also, no, its not a different continuity, the comic books, which started the AMC series, is canon.

The art style, and game itself, is based on the comic books, adding Lee in would not change a thing, and Glenn leaving leads up directly to the beginning of the comics, so yeah. FTWD and the tv show take place in the same continuity while the comic and the game take place in another, different timeline.

It's not that hard to understand.

Mindset
-This shit where they try to cling onto any shred of hope, even when it's clearly not there, is ridiculous. The old Mexican guy has shit figured out already. If they listened to him, they'd survive.

-Why in the f*ck would they keep a zombie scourge that's sweeping across the entire country/world from their grown-ass daughter..? He's not from American suburbia.

He has experienced what the real world is really like.

Ascendancy
that's been directly addressed by Kirkman himself.

zombie mythos don't exist; Night of the living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Resident Evil... none of those were ever created in this universe. With that in mind, it makes sense that no one knows the rules and why no one uses the word zombie.
Then their just the dumbest, slowest mofos on earth. Even in the first NOTLD films, and in any zombie movie anywhere that is stand-alone and without mythology to inform, people figure out in a hurry that it's kill or be killed. These people are over-the-top with their slow on the uptake reaction.

World War Z--the book, I have the film on deck to watch this weekend--does a good job of showing people unprepared for an outbreak but not a population completely unable to come to grips with the situation. Yeah, maybe the people can be brought back, but you don't put everyone else at risk by letting zombies chill nearby, neighbor or no.

The Governor had his own ideas about that on the show, but aside from a few specific cases zombies were still dropped on sight. FTWD is just a cesspool of idiocy.

Jmanghan
FTWD and the tv show take place in the same continuity while the comic and the game take place in another, different timeline.

It's not that hard to understand. Thats not the point, the point is that I was answering a different topic and you decided to say "Different continuity", as if that held even a shred of relevance.

Adam Grimes
Thats not the point, the point is that I was answering a different topic and you decided to say "Different continuity", as if that held even a shred of relevance. What different topic?

Mindset
Jmanghan is drunk.

Jmanghan
What different topic? This:

Galan007
He's not from American suburbia.

He has experienced what the real world is really like. And that is exactly why they should listen to him.

Mindset
And that is exactly why they should listen to him. thumb up

We would survive.

Hell, we would thrive.

Adam Grimes
This: Your reply to Marwash' post was that Lee mentioned the word zombie as if that instance somehow disproved Kirkman's statement. I just pointed out that the game belongs to a different continuity, with other writers. And even then it contradicted the comic.

So Lee using the Z word was most likely a mistake from the writers part.

Galan007
thumb up

I feel like living in that sort of environment is my true calling in life.

Lestov16
The show kinda shoots itself in the foot. As stated before, for a full scale global zombie apocalypse to occur like it has in the show, humanity just be hell a stupid. As noted before, even in the original, the outbreak only lasted one night. But now, especially with the military as advanced as it is today, no way would society collapse. And what's especially insulting is that it only took 2 months.

I love the Walking Dead. Probably my favorite show on cable. Captures the feel of hopelessness and survival very well. But it is very clear that in terms of conflict, it is humans such as the Governor of the Claimers who must provide it. When you leave it to the zombies, unless they are in massive hordes, the suspense goes down really quick.

Compare the death of Herschel, who was truly in an inescapable position bound at the hands of the Governor and his army, with the death of Tyreese, who died essentially because he was daydreaming. Or the incident on the freeway where Sofia got lost. Only because Dale somehow lost his peripheral vision did Sofia end up dying. Or Carl not being able to shoot the Walker that kills Dale, who himself died from a lack of peripheral vision. And of course lets not forget the circumstances of Andrea's death, so avoidable it was mocked for months.

Even worse, we saw in the season finale that Daryl could kill 3 with a chain. We're supposed to believe the might of the U.S. military fell to mindless crippled corpses that can be killed by a chain swing? In 2 months no less? It's almost reminiscent of that scene in Battlefield Earth where Terl says he conquered Earth in 16 minutes. If the US military could swarm a beach filled with thousands of Nazis with machine guns and overtake it, and that was back in the 40's, I'm sure they could take down a zombie horde easily.

So the idea that the world fell to zombies is already implausible, but I'm willing to accept it because while it's circumstances are implausible, TWD is again a good look at post apocalyptic survival, which is while in that case I'll give it a pass. But now we have this show that is supposed to detail the fall. The PIS is going to have to be off the charts to pull this off in a 2 month time span.

I remember seeing promos where the creator was talking about taking an in depth look at what happens when people lose the basic goods and services they are used to. And I remember immediately thinking, "there's a show already about that. It's called The Walking Dead."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hiz_mB6hMRw
At about 6:50, the reviewer talks about an idea Frank Darabont had to have a prequel episode about the fall of humanity, which was,scraped when Darabont was fired. Could this show just be AMC resurrecting this idea for the profit of the franchise?

Ridley_Prime
FTWD and the tv show take place in the same continuity while the comic and the game take place in another, different timeline.

It's not that hard to understand.
Yep. The difference in character with Hershel Greene in the game and TV show should make it obvious enough too that they're different continuities.

Jmanghan
Your reply to Marwash' post was that Lee mentioned the word zombie as if that instance somehow disproved Kirkman's statement. I just pointed out that the game belongs to a different continuity, with other writers. And even then it contradicted the comic.

So Lee using the Z word was most likely a mistake from the writers part.

I guess, however, Lee and Clementine's video games are automatically canon to the comics, since it doesn't contradict anything.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Lestov16
The show kinda shoots itself in the foot. As stated before, for a full scale global zombie apocalypse to occur like it has in the show, humanity just be hell a stupid. As noted before, even in the original, the outbreak only lasted one night. But now, especially with the military as advanced as it is today, no way would society collapse. And what's especially insulting is that it only took 2 months.

Have you not seen the chaos that U.S. cities fall into during riots? That foreign countries fall into during uprisings? That's just people pissed off about one thing or another and causing mayhem.

Take a plague of unknown origin with unconfirmed means of transmission, cities and states with so many means of egress that the population cannot be contained, and add in the fear of said plague to drive confusion and disorder in a location where all major civil authority has broken down. Now that you have the mix, have said plague breaking out in more than one location at a time. Even a government/military willing to use massive ordinance to level square miles at a time likely could not control it, because that kind of force would not be authorized until the outbreak was at a crescendo.

Do you not remember the idiocy that went on with this last round of Ebola? Volunteers flying into hot zones, and them along with people visiting families in said areas allowed to return to countries throughout the world during the window in which they would be asymptomatic but still possibly carrying the disease and contagious. That's exactly how the virus went from Africa to Texas. That is how one infected man ended up infecting medical staff at the hospital where he was quarantined, because proper safeguards were not in place.

Now instead of passive Ebola, imagine there's something that begins in the same way, carried by multiple vectors, then after somehow mutating begins to spread in various locations and spread not in a passive manner, but violently by means of carriers who attack new potential hosts. We don't know the details of the virus in the show as it stands, so we don't know what realistic response could have been made in time to stop it.

World War Z--the novel only--offers a glimpse into just said situation. Military forces throughout the world fail to initially contain it because of slow movement but also because of how fluid almost all countries borders are for creatures that simply wander along without need for rest as they go, and regular checkpoints where someone may be bitten and infected but not showing symptoms enough to be denied passage at the time. That's not even to mention that in both TWD and WWZ zombies in some form or another are able to survive complete immersion in water while remaining fully capable of killing and infecting. So, a few undead float downstream or across a lake or whatever else, and it continues.

I will say that a scenario like 28 Days Later with such an instantaneous and easily seen change in all cases is borderline impossible because the infected would be too easy to spot and deal with. TWD, however, is a very real scenario, just as much as something like Motaba in Outbreak is, because infected doesn't mean symptomatic at the outset.

Lastly, you forget that in TWD we know that at some point it becomes definite that everyone has the virus and turns on death. How does the military control that when thousands of people are dying everyday in retirement homes or at home from natural causes, in hospitals, on street corners when they OD, in restaurants when they have a bad reaction to something, and on and on? An entirely infected population with guaranteed reanimation on death would be impossible to contain.

Adam Grimes
I guess, however, Lee and Clementine's video games are automatically canon to the comics, since it doesn't contradict anything. Lee using the word Zombie is a contradiction, it doesn't make the games non-canon, but still.

Lilly is another contradiction to the comic, btw.

Jmanghan
Lee using the word Zombie is a contradiction, it doesn't make the games non-canon, but still.

Lilly is another contradiction to the comic, btw. Its a different Lilly.

Omega Vision

I will say that a scenario like 28 Days Later with such an instantaneous and easily seen change in all cases is borderline impossible because the infected would be too easy to spot and deal with.
In 28 Days Later the zombies were so fast (and capable of parkour, lol) that it makes sense that the disease would rapidly spread across England, especially considering it started in London. Within a few days most of London could have been infected and at that point there'd be so many fast-moving zombies that nothing could have contained them.

Adam Grimes
Its a different Lilly. Telltale intended her to be Woodbury's Lilly.

Jmanghan
Telltale intended her to be Woodbury's Lilly. Then why did she have a different last name, different relatives, and different personality?

Shes a completely different person.

Adam Grimes
Then why did she have a different last name, different relatives, and different personality?

Shes a completely different person. Because Kirkman wanted to milk the franchise by green lighting the novels?

Going by that logic Tyresee wouldn't be Tyresee just because he arrived with his sister instead of his daughter and her boyfriend.

Ascendancy
In 28 Days Later the zombies were so fast (and capable of parkour, lol) that it makes sense that the disease would rapidly spread across England, especially considering it started in London. Within a few days most of London could have been infected and at that point there'd be so many fast-moving zombies that nothing could have contained them.

No, the film's claim that it spread through the airports, etc, ended up overseas in some cases. That's what I meant. That it wasn't entirely isolated in the UK. It getting out of that facility and the people opening those cages to begin with as well was just nonsense.

Flyattractor
Forget this Boring Show. Watch Z Nation.

Adam Grimes
Nah, too silly imo.

Mindset
This show is boring as fucc.

Flyattractor
Nah, too silly imo.

yeah. FUN doesn't sale anymore.

Unless its Drama carried into Silly levels that aren't the fun kind of silly.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Flyattractor
yeah. FUN doesn't sale anymore.

Unless its Drama carried into Silly levels that aren't the fun kind of silly. If you think silly is synonym of funny... good for you I guess.

Flyattractor
If you think silly is synonym of funny... good for you I guess.

I said FUN not Funny. Their is a difference.

Time-Immemorial
So why are they killing non infected?

marwash22
This show is boring as fucc. thumb up

After last night's episode wrapped up, i though to myself, "fck this shit, i'm out"... But then i found out there are only 2 more episodes. Heh. I can handle mental castration for 2 more hours.

Omega Vision
No, the film's claim that it spread through the airports, etc, ended up overseas in some cases. That's what I meant. That it wasn't entirely isolated in the UK. It getting out of that facility and the people opening those cages to begin with as well was just nonsense.
I don't remember it leaving England (until that terrible sequel anyway). As I recall an international military blockade quickly prevented the infection from spreading beyond England. With how fast and infectious 28DL zombies were, it's not hard to see how they could overrun a country in a matter of days.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So why are they killing non infected?

Its supposed to be that no one has figured out how the INFECTION thing works. But then remember. Every one is already infected. or whatever. But its only been gong on for a few days and I would say its far to early for the military to being Martial Law Apeshit. IMO

S_W_LeGenD
My earlier verdict aside, Episode 4 is refreshing. Military is even more dangerous then the zombies. Interesting.

Ascendancy
I don't remember it leaving England (until that terrible sequel anyway). As I recall an international military blockade quickly prevented the infection from spreading beyond England. With how fast and infectious 28DL zombies were, it's not hard to see how they could overrun a country in a matter of days.

Again, them overrunning England makes plenty of sense, but there was the implication that they also made it onto more than one means of mass transport and had in instances spread elsewhere which just seems ridiculous. World War Z--the horribad film--has exactly that happening and it is farcical.

Omega Vision
Again, them overrunning England makes plenty of sense, but there was the implication that they also made it onto more than one means of mass transport and had in instances spread elsewhere which just seems ridiculous. World War Z--the horribad film--has exactly that happening and it is farcical.
I don't remember any implication of that in 28 Days Later.

In 28 Weeks Later a little girl who was carrying the virus apparently spread it to mainland Europe, but I like to pretend that film never happened.

Mindset
Pretty sure the outbreak just happened in England, and by 28 weeks later it wasn't even all of England that was on lockdown.

There may have been like a couple cases somewhere else, but it wasn't anything serious.

Robtard
The soldier who wasn't onboard with the gang-rape speculated that the virus had not spread beyond GB, but the country was on lockdown.

Mindset
Jeremy Renner stopped the virus from spreading, then he joined the Avengers.

Omega Vision
Pretty sure the outbreak just happened in England, and by 28 weeks later it wasn't even all of England that was on lockdown.

There may have been like a couple cases somewhere else, but it wasn't anything serious.
Considering the virus's incubation period is somewhere between 10 seconds and a minute, there's really no way it could spread outside of GB without extenuating circumstances. No plane with rage zombies is going to make it, and while a ship full of them might drift to France, it would probably be stopped by NATO ships.

Mindset
Considering the virus's incubation period is somewhere between 10 seconds and a minute, there's really no way it could spread outside of GB without extenuating circumstances. No plane with rage zombies is going to make it, and while a ship full of them might drift to France, it would probably be stopped by NATO ships. The zombies swam.

Robtard
Rage swimming?

Galan007
The soldier who wasn't onboard with the gang-rape speculated that the virus had not spread beyond GB, but the country was on lockdown. That soldier was clearly a homo, and not to be trusted. IMHO. thumb up

Mindset
That soldier was clearly a homo, and not to be trusted. IMHO. thumb up Seriously, how are you not on board for gangrape?

Hopefully, he just wanted to rape by himself, I can respect that.

Galan007
True. mhmm

...Way to think outside the box. thumb up

Stringer
The shows not the best but compared to all the shit that's out there it isn't so bad

Omega Vision
Rage swimming?
Pretty sure the comic shows that 28DL infected don't know how to swim and quickly drown if they try to cross a flowing river

Anyway, we're way offtopic.

Lestov16
Well now we have proof of my theory that a ZA is too ridiculous to portray, because they outright skipped it, either out of lack of practicality, AMC being cheap phucks, or both (although I lean more towards the former), and are now going for the 28DL evil military plot.

Adam Grimes
Pretty sure the comic shows that 28DL infected don't know how to swim and quickly drown if they try to cross a flowing river

Anyway, we're way offtopic. Didn't the comic also tell that Jim got executed for killing those soldiers?

Omega Vision
Didn't the comic also tell that Jim got executed for killing those soldiers?
Yeah some bullshit like that.

Ascendancy
Haven't gotten to watch tonight's episode, I'm on 4 right now. The stupidity hurts my brain. In safe zone; decides to cut hole in the fence to help some random ass person in some random ass house in an area that you have no knowledge of. There are plot devices and all, but the brutal idiocy is just over the top in this series so far.

Robtard
So it looks like Mexican barber/torturer might be the one to unleash the 2,000+ undead in the stadium out of butthurt over them taking his wife. But doesn't make much sense as he's condemning his daughter to death.

This show isn't very good. It was a good idea to show how society collapsed, but they're not doing a good job of it.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, mexican guy's plan doesn't make much sense.

I like how the soldiers call Travis 'The Mayor'. Mayor = Governor? You follow me?

marwash22
this show is terrible.

http://www.tanktronic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/tumblr_mal2xooMas1r4gei2o8_400.gif

Next week can't get here fast enough.

marwash22
the one good thing that came out of this was me imagining Anton Chigurh kill zombies.

Flyattractor
Wasn't there supposedly a virus outbreak that killed off thousands of people all at once that kicked the ZomPoc off?

Eh fugh this show. ZNation has WeedZombies on this week.

Stoic
Wow that was a rough ending this week. I really think that the cast should be written a bit smarter though. I kept wondering why they wouldn't close the door in that facility? Not going to say any more but I was bugging over a couple of things. Good ending though, and liking the soundtrack. Last week they had Jane's Addiction playing.

Mindset
Is the finale significantly better than the rest of this shitty show?

Adam Grimes
The best episode ever.

Wei Phoenix
Is the finale significantly better than the rest of this shitty show?

Not in my opinion. The army is just as dumb and useless as we thought they'd be made out to behave. Their accuracy was worse than Andrea from like season 2 or whenever she shot Daryll.

MF DELPH
I enjoyed it. I've just accepted the fact that within the world of the outbreak people aren't as cynical or aware of zombie lore as our real world is and wouldn't think to shoot first and ask questions later or think two steps ahead. I've also accepted that the military in this world is a lot younger and less dedicated than it's real world counterpart.

Also, Strand is a welcomed addition to the cast.

Galan007
Is the finale significantly better than the rest of this shitty show? It's a lot better, actually.

Also, did anyone watch 'The Talking Dead'..? Interesting premise for the next season...

Adam Grimes
I've read some people online comparing Madison with the Guvna' lol.

Galan007
Please.

I'd liken her to a less radical version of Shane, at most. She seems willing to do whatever it takes to keep herself and her loved ones safe... And I'm sure that 'trait' will only become more pronounced in seasons to come.

Robtard
So she's like a Killer Rick then.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>