Asajj Ventress vs. FE Darth Malgus (lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle 1 takes place on neutral ground

Battle 2 Takes place in the Great temple on Yavin

carthage
Up

WildBantha88
Malgus has a form advantage on her

AncientPower
Anakin Skywalker hasn't shown that Form advantage in their duels against each other and he is far and away the better Form V practitioner compared to Darth Malgus.

Asajj Ventress wins if she is smart enough to play this out.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm definitely going to choose the emperor in this fight.

Emperordmb
I'd agree with Skillz here.

ILS
I would actually side with Malgus. The Anakin that Ventress fought throughout TCW wasn't quite the same beast that came out in RotS. I'd say Malgus is comparably strong to that Anakin and not as far behind in skill as Ancient claims. So, strength should still be a notable edge. Ventress is more skilled, but Malgus has shown himself to be a more tactical duelist in my viewing. Ventress makes good use of her environment and agility but not enough to really do anything meaningful (what damage can she actually do to Malgus in a normal environment? throw a rock at him?). Malgus' durability is also helpful, due to Ventress' tendency to tear into opponents unarmed or even occasionally mount their backs and smack them in the face. He would shrug off her martial assaults and if he got his hands on her, she's getting smashed.

Malgus wears her down, does a Chris Brown and then finishes by impaling her.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
I would actually side with Malgus. The Anakin that Ventress fought throughout TCW wasn't quite the same beast that came out in RotS. I'd say Malgus is comparably strong to that Anakin and not as far behind in skill as Ancient claims. So, strength should still be a notable edge. Ventress is more skilled, but Malgus has shown himself to be a more tactical duelist in my viewing. Ventress makes good use of her environment and agility but not enough to really do anything meaningful (what damage can she actually do to Malgus in a normal environment? throw a rock at him?). Malgus' durability is also helpful, due to Ventress' tendency to tear into opponents unarmed or even occasionally mount their backs and smack them in the face. He would shrug off her martial assaults and if he got his hands on her, she's getting smashed.

Malgus wears her down, does a Chris Brown and then finishes by impaling her. thumb up

carthage
Originally posted by carthage
Up

Raptor22
Taking ventresse's feats in the clone wars mini into account she's faster, stronger, more skilled and just as durable. She should take this pretty handily.

In her fight against anakin on Yavin she was pretty much indestructible.

After throwing a huge stone pillar larger than anakin at him with tk, he throws it back and it hits her with enough force to crush the enormous stone stairs beneath her pinning her between the 2. She not only completely tanks it with no ill effects but effortlessly pushes it off herself with one hand.

Anakin then tk's her through one of the temples stone walls which she also tanks and is up again fighting a second later. Those tk and physical attacks had such little effect on her she was able to disarm anakin of his saber in their next exchange.

Then while on her back she was able to block all of an enraged anakins overhand strikes with one hand. In fact he couldnt even overpower her one armed defense to the point that the ground shattered and the edge of the cliff broke off.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Raptor22
just as durable.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-crossarms.gif

Malgus can tank lightsaber strikes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.