Rebels vs. Darksiders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Luke Skywalker as of Return of the Jedi.
Ahsoka Tano as of The Clone Wars: Season 5.
Kanan Jarrus as of Rebels: Season 1.
Ezra Bridger as of Rebels: Season 1.

Darth Maul as of Son of Dathomir.
Asajj Ventress as of The Clone Wars: Season 5.

Legends feats allowed for Luke, all others restricted to only canon feats. Battle takes place on Kiros.

Trocity
Team 2. Kanan and Ezra are fodder to either.

|King Joker|
Would I be correct to assume the majority (more or less) would say Legends RotJ Luke would give Maul a good fight?

'Cause then it's like Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra (who's admittedly probably a non-factor) vs. Ventress.

DARTH POWER
I personally think SOD Maul is above Luke. TPM Maul would be more his rival IMO.

Kanan and Ahsoka together will probably give Ventress a decent fight.

I'm sure Kanan by the end of S1 is above Season 5 Ahsoka. He did defeat the Inquisitor after all. So not sure why people still think Kanan would be fodder but not Ahsoka.

|King Joker|
Because she's better than him in every way? Defeating the Inquisitor is a feat Ahsoka could easily replicate.

Fated Xtasy
I don't think defeating the Inquisitor is above stalemating Grevious imo.

Anyway. I'd probably give it to team rebels ina straight up duel with Ezra dying rather quickly. I'm not sure about overall

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Because she's better than him in every way? Defeating the Inquisitor is a feat Ahsoka could easily replicate.

Why what's she done in TCW that's anything resembling beating someone of Inquisitor's caliber.

|King Joker|
Remind me why I should be impressed by the Inquisitor. And you're all about training when it comes to Jedi, right? Well Ahsoka has two more years of formal training on Kanan.

Grievous, Ventress, Barriss are all vastly superior to Mr. Inquisitor and Ahsoka's performance against them should be sufficient proof she's better than Kanan.

DARTH POWER
Remind me why I should be impressed by the Inquisitor. And you're all about training when it comes to Jedi, right? Well Ahsoka has two more years of formal training on Kanan.

Grievous, Ventress, Barriss are all vastly superior to Mr. Inquisitor and Ahsoka's performance against them should be sufficient proof she's better than Kanan.

I'm not "all about the training" but even if i was Ahsoka as of S5 had more training than Kanan as of ROTS. But we don't know how much of his skills he's honed in the 15 years since. He vastly improved his Saber skills in just 1 season, going from being almost a non-factor to Inquisitor to outright being a match for him, and even defeating him.

TCW Ahsoka losing to Grievous, Ventress and Barris is hardly solid proof she's better than Rebels Kanan.

Inquisitor was Vader's Jedi hunting machine. That in it self implies him to be above Padawan level Imo. TCW Ahsoka ain't no Jedi Council member whose gonna trash Inquisitor/Kanan level.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I'm not "all about the training" but even if i was Ahsoka as of S5 had more training than Kanan as of ROTS. But we don't know how much of his skills he's honed in the 15 years since. Pretty sure Kanan barely touched his saber in the past 15 years, and he was actively suppressing his Force abilities/senses. I find it highly unlikely he improved at all.

He vastly improved his Saber skills in just 1 season, going from being almost a non-factor to Inquisitor to outright being a match for him, and even defeating him. I think "vastly" is an overstatement. And Kanan was never really a non-factor against Inquisitor, honestly. On Stygeon Prime, the Inquisitor failed to beat Kanan via sabers and resorted to his Force power. An inexperienced, rusty Padawan that had 14 years of training in the Temple. I mean, obviously Inquisitor was toying with him in the prison cell, but after Kanan and Ezra retreated and went into the hall Inquisitor wasn't really dominating him in sabers at all. If he is supposed to be this "big bad Jedi slayer" he should shit-stomp Kanan in every area. Inquisitor was probably just used for scrubs that weren't even worth Vader's time.

TCW Ahsoka losing to Grievous, Ventress and Barris is hardly solid proof she's better than Rebels Kanan. I really don't feel like explaining why her holding her own against them is impressive. You should know it is. Grievous and Ventress would stomp Kanan and the Inquisitor simultaneously on their worst day, though.

Inquisitor was Vader's Jedi hunting machine. That in it self implies him to be above Padawan level Imo. TCW Ahsoka ain't no Jedi Council member whose gonna trash Inquisitor/Kanan level. Inquisitor was probably the dude who hunted down Jedi, like, Bolla Ropal. Jedi plebs.

Maybe not trash, but Ahsoka has them in the bag.

Lord Stark
Pretty sure Kanan barely touched his saber in the past 15 years, and he was actively suppressing his Force abilities/senses. I find it highly unlikely he improved at all.

I think "vastly" is an overstatement. And Kanan was never really a non-factor against Inquisitor, honestly. On Stygeon Prime, the Inquisitor failed to beat Kanan via sabers and resorted to his Force power. An inexperienced, rusty Padawan that had 14 years of training in the Temple. I mean, obviously Inquisitor was toying with him in the prison cell, but after Kanan and Ezra retreated and went into the hall Inquisitor wasn't really dominating him in sabers at all. If he is supposed to be this "big bad Jedi slayer" he should shit-stomp Kanan in every area. Inquisitor was probably just used for scrubs that weren't even worth Vader's time.

I really don't feel like explaining why her holding her own against them is impressive. You should know it is. Grievous and Ventress would stomp Kanan and the Inquisitor simultaneously on their worst day, though.

Inquisitor was probably the dude who hunted down Jedi, like, Bolla Ropal. Jedi plebs.

Maybe not trash, but Ahsoka has them in the bag.

thumb up

DARTH POWER
Pretty sure Kanan barely touched his saber in the past 15 years, and he was actively suppressing his Force abilities/senses. I find it highly unlikely he improved at all.

It's true he barely touched his Lightsaber until Rebels began, but his other abilities would have improved over time. He met Hera 5 years previously and has been using his Jedi abilities to help her since then (A New Dawn).

Those other Force abilities would aid him in Sabers once he began honing his Saber skills again.

I think "vastly" is an overstatement. And Kanan was never really a non-factor against Inquisitor, honestly. On Stygeon Prime, the Inquisitor failed to beat Kanan via sabers and resorted to his Force power. An inexperienced, rusty Padawan that had 14 years of training in the Temple. I mean, obviously Inquisitor was toying with him in the prison cell, but after Kanan and Ezra retreated and went into the hall Inquisitor wasn't really dominating him in sabers at all. If he is supposed to be this "big bad Jedi slayer" he should shit-stomp Kanan in every area.

What? Inquisitor was toying with Kanan in the prison and vastly outmatched him in every way at that point in time:

?v=k3p2tsmhvag

From 1:12 to 1:20 he's completely toying with him before Ezra distracts him. Then out in the hall again at 1:47-1:57 he appears to be toying with him again until again Ezra starts firing.

The only time Kanan puts up any kind of real lightsaber battle is when he's angry at 2:05 until he backs off at like like 2:08. So that was like 3 seconds. And we see Kanan get ragdolled by Inq in TK right up until the last few episodes.

Here's their second fight in which Kanan has improved already:

?v=KZYvJh_UjLo

Kanan is giving him a fight (in Sabers) this time. But even still The Inq is driving Kanan back from 0:29-0:40 at which point Kanan knows he's outmatched again so desperately tries going for his gun mid-Saber fight. Inq tosses the gun aside and then KO's Kanan with Tk.

So yeah up until the final episodes, Kanan was vastly outmatched by the Inq, and was never a match for his Tk.

So Kana's Saber duelling definitely did Vastly improve throughout S1.

Inquisitor was probably just used for scrubs that weren't even worth Vader's time.

I'm not suggesting he's used against any high level Jedi. But surely Vader's Inquisitor should be able to take out an average Knight. That's the implication I get anyway. I could be wrong of course.

But Ahsoka was still Padawan level as far as I'm aware. A talented Padawan who may well be =/> your average Knight, but surely not anything above and beyond that.

I really don't feel like explaining why her holding her own against them is impressive. You should know it is. Grievous and Ventress would stomp Kanan and the Inquisitor simultaneously on their worst day, though.

Yeah that would be great if Ahsoka ever did actually hold her own against Ventress by herself. But she didn't. Ventress can stomp TCW Ahsoka with utter ease.

As for Grievous, Filoni's never held him in high regard (and it his through his statements we know Inquisitor and Kanan are not even close to being high tier), so I wouldn't put too much into her temporarily holding him off in TCW. She just held him off making time to escape. You honestly can't think the Inquisitor or Kanan wouldn't be capable of achieving that much against TCW Grievous on his worst day? May I remind you on TCW Grievous's worst day he was defeated by Gungans.

|King Joker|

NTJack0
Ezra has no right to be here, Kanan can't keep up either.

DARTH POWER

Kanan is so outmatched by Ahsoka it's not even funny.

Also why are we even debating Ahsoka vs. Kanan when they're on the same team in the thread? LOL

I'm not that arsed about this so not going to bother addressing your whole post, but will just address a few things. Oh and calm down will you.

I do think this idea that Rebels Kanan is laughably outmatched by TCW Ahsoka really has no basis. If I've missed something where she's clearly and Uber Padawan whose better than most Knights, then by all means point it to me.

I forgot about that portion of the Ventress vs Ahsoka you posted, I basically remembered the Luminara and Ahsoka vs Ventress. Still dude that was like S1 Ahsoka. You can't honestly think if Ventress went all out there that Ahsoka would still be alive. She was defeating a legendary Jedi Master later on.

And I dunno, you seem to be seeing completely different Inquisitor/Kanan fights to me.

I think people may generally have just really underrated Kanan and The Inquisitor based on Filoni's comments. But Filoni was comparing them to frigging Vader and Obi-Wan.

Sure they'd probably get their asses kicked by any Council Member. But again people forget Council Members were the top elite Jedi of an order consisting of 10,000. So I doubt TCW Ahsoka is anywhere near that level either.

|King Joker|
The thing with me is that the Inquisitor has no feats prior to Rebels, and he doesn't have any accolades to gauge his skill level. So Kanan defeating him to me isn't that impressive, especially given the circumstances of their last fight. Ahsoka on the other hand has performed astoundingly well against foes that have a established skill levels and are just completely and totally badass. Her feats are quantifiable. And if we bring in Legends into the mix where Ventress stomps Jedi with ease, then Ahsoka is easily above your average Knight. And even if we do look at an average Jedi in the main canon, they're likely to be completely inexperienced fighting in duels and were used to peace for most of their life. Ahsoka is molded during the Clone Wars and has way more experience then they ever would. Plus being trained by Anakin Skywalker doesn't help. He's also stated that he forgets how young she is because her abilities are so advanced in S2.

And by the way Filoni's statements regarding Kaman and the Inquisitor did not affect how I see them as combatants in the slightest.

DARTH POWER
Fair enough.

But talking of dueling experience, the Inquisitor will most definitely be experienced at dueling. As all he does is hunt down any remaining Jedi to kill them. Plus his first duel with Kanan he instantly analysed and knew not only what his form was, but who specifically trained him. So I'm guessing Vader's trained him pretty damn well.

But yeah I agree Kanan wasn't really the Inquistor's equal even by the season end. Especially not in the Force.

|King Joker|
Freddie Prinze Jr. says Ahsoka would own Kanan.

https://twitter.com/CoffeeWthKenobi/status/583232682538229760

57:30

http://hugelolcdn.com/comments/1648337.gif

ILS
Now the question is.. was he talking about Rebels Ahsoka, or Clone Wars?

|King Joker|
http://24.media.tumblr.com/fb0875f182f29fa753415dcd6a5812a5/tumblr_n4kc2ffJui1txb8sho1_500.gif

DARTH POWER
^Calm down man. Obviously Ahsoka from the same time period would own him. Not that Freddy Prince's words are canon or anything, but that much is obvious.

But I agree with Freddy Prince. Kanan isn't some uber powerful Jedi. But he just might be the coolest. (Saying this looking at my 19inch Kanan figure).

|King Joker|
?v=moPjcOV30Mk

And pfft, Obi-Wan is the cooliest Jedi by far.

McP
Pff, no! Qui-Gon is the coolest one. Obi-Wan might be just cooler then Kanan is.

DARTH POWER
^ Well yeah Obi-Wan and Yoda take the top spots.

Ooh and Vos of course.

|King Joker|
Yeah, definitely Vos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.