Achilles (Troy) vs. Leonidas (300)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Standard gear for both

Battle takes place on neutral ground

relentless1
Leonidas is much more intense and seems stronger but achilles has the skill and speed factor plus if there is a strength difference it isn't by much. Achilles also has the better showings in battle, he took out at least 3 dozen men at the beach of Troy without breaking a sweat, Leo has similar feats but he had to exert himself much more, they battle against huge guys also goes to Achilles as he dropped his in one hit whereas Leo almost got taken out by his giant

juggerman
Leonidas needs help

Time Immemorial
Achilles stomps

FrothByte
I'd actually give strength advantage to Achilles... as well as speed and skill. Leonidas can't win this unless we give him slow mo.

Robtard
Leonidas uses his spit-feat to momentarily both blind and disgust Achilles and then kicks Achilles down a bottomless pit /thread

KuRuPT Thanosi
There's a winner but it's not Achilles :P

playa1258
Achilles one shots him.

Mindset
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
There's a winner but it's not Achilles :P Is it Achilles?

relentless1
There's a winner but it's not Achilles :P

you sack of wine!

jaden101
While I reckon in equal numbers the Spartans including Leonidas xoxo take the Myrmidons including Achilles as they are a more accomplished fighting unit I think 1-on-1 Achilles would win.

The team scenario would be funny though if Vincent Regan had to fight himself as captain v Eudoras

RJ 2.0
Achilles rapes. Then loses to Maximus.

relentless1
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Achilles rapes. Then loses to Maximus.

laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
Leonidas reigns supreme

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
While I reckon in equal numbers the Spartans including Leonidas xoxo take the Myrmidons including Achilles as they are a more accomplished fighting unit I think 1-on-1 Achilles would win.

The team scenario would be funny though if Vincent Regan had to fight himself as captain v Eudoras

The Captain would take that, Eudoras seemed to be little more than Achilles' sidekick

Dramatic Gecko
This needs some pictures.

http://www.popworkouts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/brad-pitt-abs.jpg

http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/300_leonidas-t2.jpg

That's better.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by relentless1
you sack of wine!

haha relentless... you DO remember lol

Mindset
Leonidas reigns supreme Originally posted by relentless1
laughing out loud

RJ 2.0
laughing out loud He's faster than both. I have proven this many times over.

relentless1
prove it again buddy, no way is maximus beating achilles

RJ 2.0
prove it again buddy, no way is maximus beating achilles Look up the thread, it's all there. I provided movie footage and showed that Maximus was shown fighting at a much faster speed than Leonidas and Achilles.

If you have a clip of Leonidas and/or Achilles fighting at a faster speed, by all means post it. Faster speed and a higher damage soak wins this for Maximus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't ever recall you proving that at all. I'd like to see your proof again. Maximus was hit during fights on numerous occasions.. you're acting like he blitzed everybody. Plus, you're forgetting that many of the 300 fight scenes were slowed down for dramatic effect, to even think he was fighting at a meh speed is kinda silly don't ya think?

RJ 2.0
Wanna see? Youtube the Maximus vs Tigris fight.

Yes, he was hit, but he kept on truckin'.

And in said slo-mo scenes, Leonidas moved at slo-mo speeds.

KuRuPT Thanosi

He was hit is the point though, you were acting like Maximus speed is far superior to that of Achilles or Leo. I wanna see that proof. Showing a fight where Maximus was hit isn't solid proof at all.

I'm not understanding your argument here... are you saying Maximus was REALLY fighting at slo-mo speed or do you concede this was done for dramatic effect and he was obviously not ACTUALLY fighting at slo-mo speeds

Time Immemorial
Achilles wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where is this proof of Maximus speed again?

RJ 2.0
Lol dude, seriously? Originally posted by RJ 2.0

Reading is good. Watch the scene and tell me any scene where Leonidas and/or Achilles were ever shown fighting at that speed.

There are none.

Maximus rapes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
In that VERY scene he was hit... Why show a scene touting somebody speed as if they blitzed them with ease.. instead we see a long drawn out fight... What his opponent was apply to block virtually all of Maximus OMGZORZ!!! Speed blows and even land some of his own. This to you shows speed greater than Achilles or Leo... WUT???

I ask again and you dodged again.. Is it YOUR claim that Leonidas actually FIGHT at a slo-mo pace or do you concede he fights faster than that but it was done for Dramatic affect?

relentless1

Achilles >> Leonidas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maximus

dude, you have no proof that lends to your weird and unfounded belief that Maximus is somehow better that Leo or Achilles

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^ Agreed

RJ 2.0
In that VERY scene he was hit... Why show a scene touting somebody speed as if they blitzed them with ease.. instead we see a long drawn out fight... What his opponent was apply to block virtually all of Maximus OMGZORZ!!! Speed blows and even land some of his own. This to you shows speed greater than Achilles or Leo... WUT???

I ask again and you dodged again.. Is it YOUR claim that Leonidas actually FIGHT at a slo-mo pace or do you concede he fights faster than that but it was done for Dramatic affect?

I am talking about the speed in which he and Tigris were fighting, the speed in which their swords were striking. It was CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG, while Achilles and Leonidas's sword on sword fights were CLANG...CLANG....CLANGITY CLANG. So when Leo or Achilles attacks, Maximus is that much faster to dodge/counter attack.

It's simple, Maximus was shown exchanging blows faster than Leonidas and Achilles. I never, not once, said Maximus was a jedi speed blitzer.

Dramatic effect. I can't believe you actually needed an answer for that question.

RJ 2.0
Achilles >> Leonidas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maximus

dude, you have no proof that lends to your weird and unfounded belief that Maximus is somehow better that Leo or Achilles Tell you what, post the Tigris vs Maximus fight scene then post videos depicting fighting speed feats for Leo and Achilles. Then quote exactly where in the scenes Leo and Achilles were shown fighting at a faster rate of speed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I am talking about the speed in which he and Tigris were fighting, the speed in which their swords were striking. It was CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG, while Achilles and Leonidas's sword on sword fights were CLANG...CLANG....CLANGITY CLANG. So when Leo or Achilles attacks, Maximus is that much faster to dodge/counter attack.

It's simple, Maximus was shown exchanging blows faster than Leonidas and Achilles. I never, not once, said Maximus was a jedi speed blitzer.

Dramatic effect. I can't believe you actually needed an answer for that question.

I saw nothing overly impressive about that fight. I've watched it numerous times, their speed isn't impressive. To say nothing of the fact that we don't know how long Tigris was retired for... he basically came out of retirement to fight Maximus.. He likely wasn't as sharp and prime as he was when he was a full time gladiator. Just more reasons why it was not all that impressive.

SO you agree it was done for dramatic effect, YET, you say maximus is faster than Leo.. knowing full well much of Leo's scene were intentionally slowed down... How does that work?

Jmanghan
Spartacus wins.

RJ 2.0
I saw nothing overly impressive about that fight. I've watched it numerous times, their speed isn't impressive. To say nothing of the fact that we don't know how long Tigris was retired for... he basically came out of retirement to fight Maximus.. He likely wasn't as sharp and prime as he was when he was a full time gladiator. Just more reasons why it was not all that impressive.

SO you agree it was done for dramatic effect, YET, you say maximus is faster than Leo.. knowing full well much of Leo's scene were intentionally slowed down... How does that work?

Lol, their speed is much faster than any scene of Leo and/or Achilles fighting. If you deny this, you are simply ignoring facts. Not to mention the scene where Maxiums takes on half a dozenish gladiators.

Wow......Seriously? I mean, seriously? Do you even know what "dramatic effect" means?

relentless1
Lol, their speed is much faster than any scene of Leo and/or Achilles fighting. If you deny this, you are simply ignoring facts. Not to mention the scene where Maxiums takes on half a dozenish gladiators.

Wow......Seriously? I mean, seriously? Do you even know what "dramatic effect" means?

k, so you're clearly trolling here; good job, you even had me going bro...seriously tho your viewpoint is ****ed up

RJ 2.0
O'rly? Time for some video evidence.

Achilles vs Hector:

AW256O1uK74

And here is Maximus vs Tigris:

lTmlYKiLBHI

Now, who is shown fighting at a faster speed? Maximus is. It's not even close. Speed advantage goes to Maximus.

Damage soak? Achilles cried like a ***** from an arrow to the heel. Maximus? He took a dagger to the lung and fought on to victory. He barely flinched when he was stabbed. Damage soak: Maximus.

The only advantage Achilles has is strength, and that won't matter here.

So.....still think I am trolling, despite the evidence I have brought forth? My evidence>>>>>>What you think.

Newjak
I feel like this fight would end up looking a lot like the Hector/Achilles fight except replace Hector with Leonidas.

Leonidas is not unskilled but I think Achilles wins while wearing down the Greek.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm still waiting on how RJ knows the speed at which Leonidas was fighting at when he concedes he was slowed down on purpose into slo-mo speeds.

Zenwolf
Actually RJ according to the script, the arrows taken by Achilles would have fell any normal man.

Also Achilles was clear superhuman by script.

So...dodging arrows/spears, running faster than any man could, throwing spears more accurate and farther than any man could, hearing sounds in the distance, withstanding arrows that would have killed any other man, toying with his cousin who slaughtered Trojans himself and moved blazingly fast with his sword, etc and so on.

Horus1
Achilles was way more impressive than Leonidas. I'd give him the nod for the w.

theTANTALIZER
King Sparta all day!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.