ROTS Sidious/Mace Windu/Count Dooku vs. Vitiate/Exar Kun/Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Battle takes place on neutral ground4

Round 2: Team 1 gets Anakin, team 2 gets Jacen Solo (The Swarm wars)

carthage

Stigma
Hmm, depends. I'm undecided atm.

Vitiate without an amp will be defeated by Sidious easier than normal.

Dooku vs. Exar is a great fight.

But I'm really curious how Plagueis vs. Windu would turn out. Plagueis is a superior force-user, but Windu is more skilled, possibly can mattch him with Vaapad amp and has shattepoint.

Angelalex242
...Actually, I'd send Sidious after Plagueis and let Windu and his Vapaad amp challenge Vitiate. Plagueis>Vitiate for Team 2.

Dooku vs. Kun isn't likely to decide anything useful, and it'll take too long anyway.

carthage
Plagueis can overwhelm Mace with the force, and Plagueis obviously is more than a match for Sidious. Kun can defeat Mace via the force or hold off either of them in a duel, whereas, Vitiate can likely TP either.

Originally posted by Stigma

But I'm really curious how Plagueis vs. Windu would turn out. Plagueis is a superior force-user, but Windu is more skilled, possibly can mattch him with Vaapad amp and has shattepoint.

Vaapad never helped Windu against Maul, Bulq, or Talzin. There is no reason to believe it'd work against Plagueis or Kun

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
Vaapad never helped Windu against Maul, Bulq, or Talzin. There is no reason to believe it'd work against Plagueis or Kun
Yet it did help him in his fight with Sidious. Plagueis is similar threat, possibly.
Originally posted by Angelalex242
...Actually, I'd send Sidious after Plagueis and let Windu and his Vapaad amp challenge Vitiate. Plagueis>Vitiate for Team 2.

Dooku vs. Kun isn't likely to decide anything useful, and it'll take too long anyway.
Interesting. thumb up

Arhael
Anyone on team one can beat anyone on team two.
Round two I might give to team 2 but a very hard fight.
Plagueis can overwhelm Mace with the force, and Plagueis obviously is more than a match for Sidious. Kun can defeat Mace via the force or hold off either of them in a duel, whereas, Vitiate can likely TP either.

Windu has never been overwhelmed by Force and he fought both Sidious and Talzin. Plagueis and Exar both are firmly below Sidious in every regard, they would need a lot of luck to defeat someone like Windu.

AncientPower
Mace Windu's Vaapad amp is completely based in conditions and the situation. His own emotions were amplified exponentially knowing that he was the only thing between the Republic and the return of the Sith. Moreover he had just found out that the Supreme Chancellor himself had been the Dark Lord of the Sith manipulating the war all along.

Furthermore, he completely let himself lose control in his Vaapad and it was the only thing keeping him going, his being so fully enveloped allowed him to keep pace with Sidious and redirect the Sith's attacks. Even moreso is the fact that Mace fed off of Anakin Skywalker's fear to increase even further his own inner darkness.

That was a completely situational advantage on Mace Windu's part and is not applicable against anyone but Darth Sidious, whom is his clear superior in combat without that massive amplification.

Neither Dooku or Windu are Sidious tier on a regular day, so Exar Kun and Plagueis not quite being his equal either is hardly proof that the former are greater than the latter.

Sinious
Originally posted by Arhael
Anyone on team one can beat anyone on team two.

LOL

McP
Sidious is better then Plagueis, and Dooku and Mace are better then Vitiate and Kun. Perhaps Vitiate is equal to them at best.

Sinious
Originally posted by Sinious
LOL

AncientPower
Dooku and Mace can't hold a candle to either of them in Force Power.

Nephthys
Originally posted by McP
Sidious is better then Plagueis, and Dooku and Mace are better then Vitiate and Kun. Perhaps Vitiate is equal to them at best.

https://lurkmore.so/images/f/fb/Ohwow.jpg

Angelalex242
ROTS Sidious has surpassed Plagueis...but he's the only one on team 1 that has, so he has to take his former master on. Trying to fence Vitiate to death is rather silly, so Dooku has to take Kun on.

That leaves Mace doing his best to Vapaad Vitiate, who will certainly be throwing off enough Dark Side for Mace to feed on.

carthage
Vaapad shouldn't work on Vitiate if it didn't work on Bulq, Maul, etc. Kun can compete with Windu as a duelist, and Plagueis can flat out overwhelm him in the force. Sidious would be hard pressed by Plagueis, and Vitiate can take out any either one Kun isnt fighting barring Sidious

Sinious
Carthage is the sound of reason in this thread.

Arhael
Vaapad shouldn't work on Vitiate if it didn't work on Bulq, Maul, etc.
Don't know circumstances of Bulq. But you underestimate Maul. Maul is skilled enough to hold his own against the likes of Windu the same way Dooku can hold his own against Yoda.

Nephthys
Shouldn't that be: Like how Dooku can hold his own with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the same time.

Angelalex242
Well, I dunno. Maybe Sidious should send Mace and Dooku after Plageuis and try to take Vitiate and Kun on by himself.

If he can kill the pair of them before Plageuis kills Mace and Dooku, he wins the resulting duel.

Hero of Python
Team 1 has the best player, Team 2 has the best team. Might be a split decision depending on who gets the jump on who.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2 comfortably.

S_W_LeGenD
Well, I dunno. Maybe Sidious should send Mace and Dooku after Plageuis and try to take Vitiate and Kun on by himself.

If he can kill the pair of them before Plageuis kills Mace and Dooku, he wins the resulting duel.
Sidious will defeat Emperor Vitiate and Kun combined? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'd be surprised if Sidious lasts more then a minute against this duo.

EmperorSidious2
We'll sidious could solo all of them but if it's a 3v3 then sids will take on vitiate and win with medium difficulty mace will take exar kun and win with little to medium difficulty and the count will take plaguis and destroy him

Team 1 ftw

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
We'll sidious could solo all of them but if it's a 3v3 then sids will take on vitiate and win with medium difficulty mace will take exar kun and win with little to medium difficulty and the count will take plaguis and destroy him

Team 1 ftw
You should read this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/emperor-vitiate-respect-thread/97466/

Angelalex242
Vitiate's lack of speed feats hurts him quite a bit. There's a chance he can be speed blitzed.

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate's lack of speed feats hurts him quite a bit. There's a chance he can be speed blitzed.
Emperor is extremely fast actually. Emperor have successfully contended with HoT without getting blizted, HoT is fast enough to blitz multiple competent foes simultaneously FYI.

In the upcoming update to SWTOR, Emperor managed to counter ambush of Lana Beniko with his sheer martial abilities, demonstrating great proficiency in lightsaber combat FYI.

There goes your "speed blitz" theory; in the dustbin.

AncientPower
LeGenD, it seems your relentless hype of Vitiate is starting to pay off in new content. He has certainly edged closer to solidifying the number two spot.

carthage
He was amped for any of his speed showings, not that it matters because he can probably bring down Dooku or Windu immediately with telekinesis or TP attacks.

Sinious
He was amped for any of his speed showings, not that it matters because he can probably bring down Dooku or Windu immediately with telekinesis or TP attacks.

Are you being sarcastic or do you place Kit Fisto above Dooku and Windu now?

Angelalex242
New Content is new. I hadn't seen that yet.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
LeGenD, it seems your relentless hype of Vitiate is starting to pay off in new content.
My foresight have never betrayed me.

AncientPower
Starting being the operative word, not that I ever doubted Bioware's ability to create completely generic carbon villains with unlimited power.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
Starting being the operative word, not that I ever doubted Bioware's ability to create completely generic carbon villains with unlimited power.
I had successfully predicted Revan's characteristics much earlier then the novel, as an another example. Back in those days, critics used to argue that Revan may have used mines and grenades against Malak.

I am generally good at evaluating stuff and projections.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I am generally good at evaluating stuff and projections.

Yes you are.

Sinious
Temp so jelly

The_Tempest
Quite possibly. LeGenD and Neph are what I aspire to be.

Nephthys
I'm super aspiring.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/58120622.jpg

The_Tempest
Neph no way you look like that irl.

Nephthys
Yeah, I'd never wear blue. It totally clashes with my skin-tone.

Sinious
IDK why but I always imagine Neph as a female twi'lek.

Nephthys
confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.