My dog just ate Onions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I do not have a license, a car, or any money to my name.

My grandmother refuses to take him.

She says "he'll be alright."

To be fair, they were fried onions.

She doesn't seem to get, that he is not going to be alright, he is an almost-50-pound beagle. Just a few onion slices can take down a 70-pound-boxer.

I don't know what to do, in my current state, I don't know if I could take it if he passed away, I'd rather die.

Sacred 117
Can you make veterinary house calls?

rudester
Guess u can't kiss him onion breath...

But lets be serious cant u pump it out? Make him vomit?

Jmanghan
All nearby vets are closed. So no :/ I just pray he's alright. He's my baby.

Esau Cairn
Your dog needs to eat at least 5 RAW ONIONS before it's considered toxic & dangerous.

rudester
Google it maybe there's something that can make the dog better

Sacred 117
If it makes any difference, I've been feeding our (my family's) dogs what we leave over (which sometimes included onions) for years now, having been oblivious to this fact until now. I hope it helps you to know that it's never once killed any of them.

riv6672
Yeah, all my dogs have eaten human food, to no harm.

mitchypoopoo
this is the craziest freak out ever!

AsbestosFlaygon
Did you feed him like a whole fried onion?

I think a few tiny bits of onions won't harm your beagle.

Ms Chelle
Unless he has an onion allergy, he'll probably be ok.

I fostered a kitten once who loved to eat asparagus. She'd also sneak up and sip on your tea if you didn't pay attention. She was a funny little thing.

QE™
My dog likes eating Onion rings. Never had an issue.

Jmanghan
Onions and Chocolate are fatal to all dogs. No matter what breed, or how many pounds they weigh.

Although, 1/4 of a cup is supposed to be able to take out a 20 pound dog.

Ms Chelle
Yes but when it comes to onions it really depends on how much.

Chocolate is worse than onions for dogs. It also depends on what kind and how much. Dark chocolate is worse than milk chocolate.

Here is a a link from the aspca for a good go to guide.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/foods-are-hazardous-dogs

If he appears to be sick in the next few days, call around to your local animal rescue organizations and see if they can point you in the right direction. Some areas have programs to assist citizens who are low/no income with their fury friends.

Robtard
Giving a dog just a teaspoon (per 10lbs) of 3% hydrogen peroxide will make them vomit until empty.

Best to call the vet first and ask though.

Stringer
Did your dog live?

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
Giving a dog just a teaspoon (per 10lbs) of 3% hydrogen peroxide will make them vomit until empty.

Best to call the vet first and ask though.
Huh. Did not know that.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by riv6672
Huh. Did not know that.

http://www.frumsatire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/retard.jpg

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Stringer
Did your dog live?

I guess so. I acted like a pussy though :/. Told my grandmother I was gonna kill
myself if she didn't take him.

Also, guys, when I say "no money to my name" I mean I don't have nearly enough money to pay off a vet bill. I can pick up a 60$ brand new game every so often.

AsbestosFlaygon
Expecting people on a random forum to help wasn't a bright idea either.

riv6672
sad

Jmanghan
There are no heartless people on this forum. I can confirm this as I've been here since 2013.

Jmanghan
Hell, Scribble and Ms. Chelle are some of the nicest people I've ever met

riv6672
Originally posted by Jmanghan
There are no heartless people on this forum. I can confirm this as I've been here since 2013.
Seriously?!?!

2013?

Jmanghan
Well, currently, I have yet to find someone who decides to be an *******, just because. Whether they turn out to act like one is their business, but I've never really seen anyone on here with absolutely no remorse in their heart.

Cept Oneness. But he's just funny.

Stringer
Funny lookin'

mitchypoopoo
people are ignorant when it comes to treating dogs though sometimes. back when chuck was a lil pup and i was bringing him to work, one day he came to the office dropped a chocolate ball in front of me and i was like "ok, no, you're not killing yourself today i'll take that" and then went away for a minute and came back with another maltese ball. luckily, just like me, he hates being around other people which kept bringing him back to me. and it was some fcking customer just sharing his maltese balls with young chuck there and i had to tell him how fcking stupid he was, well actually i let my sister do that though cause like i said strangrs ain't my thang. that wasn't the only time though, strangers would fedd the dogs chips or whatever other bullshit they're eating. i don't get how strangers get off feeding a dog they don't even know, if you have food just tell the dog to fck off.

and yours was your grandma though, well i had an aunt like that, every time she would get up, well that deserved a treat. ugh, my rule is just let e take care of my own dogs diet alright!

Stringer
/Thread

QE™
Onions and Chocolate are fatal to all dogs. No matter what breed, or how many pounds they weigh.

... *Note to self: Stop letting dog have some of my Oion rings*

I've honestly never heard of onions being bad for dogs. When I get burger with Oion rings, I almost every single time share them with my dog. Never had problem, but I will take what you said into consideration. sad

Jmanghan
I got them from my vet, QE. That isn't me spewing bs.

I think you're safe with just one alive.

Problem is, my dog ate an entire cheese steak lined with fried onions.

Ms Chelle
Hell, Scribble and Ms. Chelle are some of the nicest people I've ever met Thank you. happy

an entire cheese steak lined with fried onions. omg I need this in my life right now.

Robtard
There might be a penis joke in there. Maybe.

Oneness
Well, currently, I have yet to find someone who decides to be an *******, just because. Whether they turn out to act like one is their business, but I've never really seen anyone on here with absolutely no remorse in their heart.

Cept Oneness. But he's just funny. 0d2LAs-WL_4

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ms Chelle
Thank you. happy

omg I need this in my life right now.

This made me laugh...

michaljohnson
It is not a good Sign for your Dog, if he just ate Onions. So you have to go with him any Animal Doctor as early as possible. And then after you give him Pedigree Daily as more as possible.

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

Surtur

My dog legit ate an entire plate of brownies and suffered no ill effects.

Jmanghan
Stiltman, can you kindly **** off? You're incredibly annoying.

Surtur

triggered

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
triggered don't @ me.

Surtur
don't @ me.

Just @'ed you!

https://media.giphy.com/media/5qItPbGWz9ogo/giphy.gif

riv6672
I remember this oldie.
I pucked up a hack for making a dog throw up if needed. Hydrogen peroxide.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
triggered

thumb up

Stop hitting yourself.

riv6672
I wonder if cats can eat onions?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
I do not have a license, a car, or any money to my name.

My grandmother refuses to take him.

She says "he'll be alright."

To be fair, they were fried onions.

She doesn't seem to get, that he is not going to be alright, he is an almost-50-pound beagle. Just a few onion slices can take down a 70-pound-boxer.

I don't know what to do, in my current state, I don't know if I could take it if he passed away, I'd rather die.

https://i.imgur.com/CT2iHcM.gif

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Robtard

Thanks. This has been very helpful.

I don't own a dog.

Nuke Nixon
Dogs are scavengers and some even eat cat turds... which I imagine is about a million times more toxic than onions.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Dogs are scavengers and some even eat cat turds... which I imagine is about a million times more toxic than onions. Well, no, Onions in particular are actually toxic and can kill cats and dogs:

https://pets.webmd.com/cats/ss/slideshow-foods-your-cat-should-never-eat

Onions, Garlic, Chives

Onion in all forms -- powdered, raw, cooked, or dehydrated -- can break down a cat's red blood cells, leading to anemia. That's true even for the onion powder that's found in some baby foods. Eating a large quantity once or eating smaller amounts regularly can cause onion poisoning. In addition to onions, garlic, which is 5 times as potent as onions, and chives can each cause major health and potentially life threatening problems.

Your pet can die from eating them whether you believe it or not.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Expecting people on a random forum to help wasn't a bright idea either. This is old but I come here to vent because I find it as a place of comfort, nothing has or will ever change that.

I'm of the opinion if people are being dicks it's their fault for being dicks, not your fault for being "stupid" or "idiotic".

Nuke Nixon
I've heard some people give their dogs garlic for fleas, is that a case of curing the patient by killing it?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I've heard some people give their dogs garlic for fleas, is that a case of curing the patient by killing it? Well again whether you like it or not you are harming your pet in some way or fashion by giving your pet access to these things.

Letting your pet eat onions, sorry to say, makes you an objectively bad pet owner, it's worse then doing something like letting your infant drink soda, because while that's still pretty horrible it's still not actively harming your infant.

Then again we have a lot of crackpots on here that don't believe anything they read on the internet. Which is pretty foolish in the long run, I still wouldn't risk it either way.

Nuke Nixon
Other than dog food I'd only give my dogs meat not some stinky vegetables, leave those for the chickens.

StiltmanFTW
Jmango shouldn't be allowed to own any pets. Seriously.

Nuke Nixon
Like with guns, make people take a training course, apply for a license, pass a mental exam, and then they can have a pet... or make a kid... or VOTE!

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.