Dooku vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Both at their peak.

Neutral setting.

No amp/prep time.

Old school categories:
1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All-out

Who wins?

Trocity
Not sure

Nephthys
Kun. Amulet and sorcery hax.

deathslash
Kun IMO

The_Tempest
Kun takes the all out in a very difficult fight.

AncientPower
1.Darth Tyranus.
2.Exar Kun.
3.Exar Kun 6/10.

Lord Stark
Kun loses sabers but edges out Tyranus in the all out.

McP
Dooku in all three. Kun is overated. Jedi's swordsmanshop was far less advanced during hus times. Dooku survived two fights against the most powerful Jedi master in history (exdluding Luke), and many times fought some great duelists like Windu, Anakin, Obi-Wan.
As Force user, Kun had some nice feats, but I somehow doubt, that he would be able to succesfuly used his skills against other strong Forcce user.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by McP
As Force user, Kun had some nice feats, but I somehow doubt, that he would be able to succesfuly used his skills against other strong Forcce user.

When personal incredulity is the most you've got going for you?

You're not really doing your job as a debater

McP
Fine.

Could you remind me, when he actually was able to overpower any strong Force user with his Force powers?

DarthAnt66
Can you remind me when he needed to in the first place.

Nephthys
I assume we're not counting the Jedi Academy stuff in that.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Can you remind me when he needed to in the first place?

Doesn't really matter considering he's never faced anyone as skilled as Dooku.

The_Tempest
thumb up

I'll grant Kun the win, but it's extremely close.

AncientPower
Originally posted by McP
Fine.

Could you remind me, when he actually was able to overpower any strong Force user with his Force powers?

He was far more powerful than Arca Jeth, Odan Urr, Nomi Sunrider, Ulic Qel-Droma, Vodo Siosk-Baas and any other Jedi of the time. He is also stated to be more powerful than any Sith before him. Using absence of evidence is really quite weak actually, to be honest.

ILS
Ulic was considered a rival for Exar once he got his own talisman, though. They're both highly powerful as Sith.

carthage
Only in swordsmanship

AncientPower
Only then before Exar Kun had his preferred weapon and thus style to work with.

ILS
"Now, he sought out the only other Sith practitioner who could challenge him -- Ulic Qel Droma."

- StarWars.com Databank

Their Talisman's are mate's of each other, which is why Kun considered Ulic a legitimate rival. Kun just focused more on sorcery.

AncientPower
Indeed, Kun was always the stronger of the two however. In a brute force single-blade clash, Ulic could stalemate him until they both died of exhaustion hours later. That however is the style Ulic is a master of, Form V, which means it's a far greater feat for Kun than it is Ulic.

ILS
It's not really "far greater" for one or the other, Kun was always very much a strength-based fighter. But, whatever pleases you.

AncientPower
I'm not saying Ulic is weaksauce or anything I just think that one fight signifies the difference. According to the source material Kun was on another level once he developed his saberstaff style and incorporated his precog.

ILS
I think you're exaggerating how much of a difference his saberstaff made. He was regarded as "unstoppable" for his time, but that's in part due to the fact it was the only saberstaff being used at the time, and the way Kun used it was highly unpredictable. Nobody knew how to combat him. You seem to be suggesting his raw skill as a fighter soared because he added an extra blade to his lightsaber...

Angelalex242
At any rate, Kun won't be outfencing Dooku. He probably will be out Forcing him though. All out, Dooku will be relying on the saber side of things as best he can, while Kun wants to rely on the force side of things. Whoever better presses doing it their way wins.

AncientPower
Well yes he went hybrid mode and it effectively made him completely unpredictable. The fact that he did this with so little effort and mastered it to such a degree with no external aid implies greater skill in the first place. Vodo Siosk Baas weilded his staff as if it was a double-ended weapon and he was clearly out-matched regardless of this.

AncientPower
Dooku takes sabers by a fair margin but not nearly as wide a margin as Exar Kun takes Force power.

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
The fact that he did this with so little effort and mastered it to such a degree with no external aid implies greater skill in the first place. Claiming he mastered this new fighting style with "little effort" is just conjecture. I don't see how him not having external aid matters either. Are you just looking for more and more reasons to claim Kun is skilled? We all already know how good he is.
He was even with Kun until the second blade came out. They aren't far apart in skill at all, Kun just had the edge of unorthodoxy.

AncientPower
I am looking for nothing so please don't attempt a bias claim. If you read the source material it is stated clearly that Exar Kun was 'far more powerful than any one Jedi of the time', which includes Ulic Qel-Droma, sorry if you disagree but there it is. Whilst I agree that Ulic comes close, It's blatantly apparent that Exar Kun was a step ahead.

ILS
Lol.

Yes, when Kun got of all of his Sith trinkets and training he became far more powerful than any Jedi. When Ulic received the same, he became a rival, by Kun's own account. "Sorry if you disagree but there it is."

Kun was more powerful than Ulic, nobody is disputing that. You're just failing to recognize that Sith Ulic is more powerful than Jedi Ulic.

AncientPower
Well of course they both power-scaled. Yes Ulic was a rival, as was Maul to Sidious.

ILS
Are you claiming the disparity in their power is akin to the disparity between Maul and Sidious? Either way, as long as you accept that Ulic isn't far off of Exar's power everything will be in working order once again.

AncientPower
As duelists they are close. In actual Force power prime Exar Kun is the clear superior. It's not an opinion but a fact.

ILS
Of course it's clear laughing out loud

McP
Compering Ulic or Exar to guys from Clone Wars era (like Dooku, Mace, Maul) is like compering Laver, Emerson or Newcombe to Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.
Or like compering Pele, Maradona, Cruyff to Ronaldinho, Messi or Ronaldo.

Those guys from the old times may have superior achievements, but it's clear, that in their prime they would loose to top players of current times.
Tecniques, balls, rockets, fields - all of this is far more advanced in our times, and can only evolve.
Exar was undoubtedly the strongest guy from his Era. Dooku could not even dream, to be the strongest guy from his own Era. So in terms of achievements, Exar stomps Dooku. In terms of skill and power, Dooku however would beat Exar with moderate difficulty at best.

ILS
I'm out laughing out loud

AncientPower
Originally posted by McP
Compering Ulic or Exar to guys from Clone Wars era (like Dooku, Mace, Maul) is like compering Laver, Emerson or Newcombe to Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.
Or like compering Pele, Maradona, Cruyff to Ronaldinho, Messi or Ronaldo.

Those guys from the old times may have superior achievements, but it's clear, that in their prime they would loose to top players of current times.
Tecniques, balls, rockets, fields - all of this is far more advanced in our times, and can only evolve.
Exar was undoubtedly the strongest guy from his Era. Dooku could not even dream, to be the strongest guy from his own Era. So in terms of achievements, Exar stomps Dooku. In terms of skill and power, Dooku however would beat Exar with moderate difficulty at best.

This logic is so flawed I am not even sure it'd be worth trying to debunk it.

Sinious
Kun would engage Dooku in a duel first and realize that he won't be able to defeat him which would force him to summon his force powers to overwhelm him. At that point, Dooku would lose this imo.

Angelalex242
...actually.

How many of Kun's Force powers can Dooku block with his lightsaber? Keep in mind Dooku wants to get in close and keep Kun from getting a chance to blast him, all out.

Lord Stark
^All of them sans perhaps the amulet blasts most likely.

Nephthys
Uh, even the sorcery?

S_W_LeGenD
Exar Kun

Angelalex242
He might not be able to block Sorcery, but he can poke his lightsaber at Kun frequently enough to make using it problematic.

YousufKhan1212
Palpatine.

Total Warrior
Kun solidly

Emperordmb
Kun yeah

MythLord
Kun in a great fight.

Ursumeles
1. Dooku, good fight.
2. Exar, good fight.
3. Exar, great fight.

Emperordmb
I mean it wouldn't be that close but Dooku could put up a fight before going down.

Azronger
Dooku wins quite handily via being comparable to Yoda

slayne
Exar easily.

The Merchant
Dooku.

AncientPower
Exar with mid difficulty.

Rockydonovang
dooku wrecks

AncientPower
The only thing he can even compete in is a duel, any other area he gets dominated, lmfao.

'Dooku lifted ships!'

Kun lifted a Sith Battleship through a Temple, before three massive power growths lmfao.

MythLord
I don't think anyone mentioned Dooku lifting ships, AP. There's other ways to argue he's comparable to Exar Kunt in the Force.

DarthDuelist9
Dooku

Big Gerald
Originally posted by MythLord
I don't think anyone mentioned Dooku lifting ships, AP. There's other ways to argue he's comparable to Exar Kunt in the Force.

Yeah, remember that time he threw some small metal objects and debris at Yoda? Incredible.

Rockydonovang
there's also the scaling he gets from someone who can wreck a forest of 500 meter megaliths

AncientPower

I hope he can hit harder than a planet empowered Jedi who could disintegrate a Sidious empowered Dark Jedi who was more powerful than DE Luke. Because Kun literally walked off such an attack, with his guard off to boot.

Azronger
Since when was Sedriss more powerful than DE Luke?

MythLord
I hope he can hit harder than a planet empowered Jedi who could disintegrate a Sidious empowered Dark Jedi who was more powerful than DE Luke. Because Kun literally walked off such an attack, with his guard off to boot.

lmao

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Azronger
Since when was Sedriss more powerful than DE Luke?
since ap said so

AncientPower
It's confirmed that Bnar's power drawn from the core of Ossus destroyed them both. Bnar used the same power to blast Kun back and summon an invincible Force Shield that later tanked super nova waves. Yet Kun literally walks off his blast, despite being stated to have not anticipated it (i.e. defended against it) and suffers no lasting injury.

But hey, fvck facts, amirite?

The Merchant
I always got the impression Kun wasn't powerful enough to defeat Ood Bnar considering his goal was to get the lightsabers when the former joined with the planet. Also wasn't it the combined power of Sedriss and Bnar what killed both? Been a while since I read the DE trilogy.

AncientPower
He wasn't capable of penetrating his Force Shield, then again neither was the supernova.

It's stated in a few older sources, but DEII itself portrays them being destroyed by Bnar's ground attack, which is supported by newer sources.

Azronger
The first quote only states Sedriss might have been victorious. Where are you getting Sedriss > Luke from? In the DS Sourcebook, it states that the former was overwhelmed by the latter's Force power, implying that the opposite is true.

MythLord
Also, wielding the Force as the Emperor did doesn't mean his power is > Luke's lmao

AncientPower
I stated he was empowered by the Emperor, which he was. Furthermore in the comic he says he would defeat Luke and this seems to prove it isn't just bravado.

Regardless, it isn't really that important to my point.

There's simply nothing to suggest Dooku is going to push Kun very hard whatsoever, unless we're referring to a duel.

Beniboybling
False nonsense from AP all around. Statements in regards to Sedriss > Luke refer to him and his party as a whole, not just Sedriss. In a one v one 'fight' Sedriss was explicitly trashed (while Luke was in a weakened state.)

Comparison with Kun being irrelevant given that the attack Bnar unleashed against him was much weaker. Kun got swatted by a tree that even his Massassi grunt managed to survive, the fact Kun was phased by this at all is nothing more than an embarrassment. sad

MythLord
I stated he was empowered by the Emperor, which he was. Furthermore in the comic he says he would defeat Luke and this seems to prove it isn't just bravado.

> an exhausted Luke handily bests Sedriss
> Sedriss' bravado and a vague statement allude to Sedriss being >/~ Luke
> all proof points to Sedriss being > Luke, according to AP

How cancerous can your arguments get? I mean, the fact that Luke shielded himself from the attack whereas Sedriss failed to do so is proof enough that he's >> Sedriss, if him already trashing QL wasn't enough.

How dense and desperate do you have to be to try and push this? This is almost as bad as making up fake quotes. smile

AncientPower
> an exhausted Luke handily bests Sedriss
> Sedriss' bravado and a vague statement allude to Sedriss being >/~ Luke
> all proof points to Sedriss being > Luke, according to AP

How cancerous can your arguments get? I mean, the fact that Luke shielded himself from the attack whereas Sedriss failed to do so is proof enough that he's >> Sedriss, if him already trashing QL wasn't enough.

How dense and desperate do you have to be to try and push this? This is almost as bad as making up fake quotes. smile

Except the circumstances are entirely different in the fight that might have taken place. Sedriss amped by Sidious and drawing 'dark power' from the atmosphere is clearly going to be more powerful than a previous version was.

Oh and Sedriss was too busy trying to attack Ood back to even try defending himself.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
False nonsense from AP all around. Statements in regards to Sedriss > Luke refer to him and his party as a whole, not just Sedriss. In a one v one 'fight' Sedriss was explicitly trashed (while Luke was in a weakened state.)

Comparison with Kun being irrelevant given that the attack Bnar unleashed against him was much weaker. Kun got swatted by a tree that even his Massassi grunt managed to survive, the fact Kun was phased by this at all is nothing more than an embarrassment. sad

Nothing states the attack was far weaker, lmfao. It states he summoned power from the core of Ossus, just like he did with Sedriss. Kun was knocked back by his blast and then he summoned a Force Shield powerful enough to tank a fvckin' supernova.

Nice try though. laughing out loud

carthage
Dooku in a solid fight

Beniboybling
Nothing states the attack was far weaker, lmfao. It states he summoned power from the core of Ossus, just like he did with Sedriss. Kun was knocked back by his blast and then he summoned a Force Shield powerful enough to tank a fvckin' supernova.

Nice try though. laughing out loud It was visibly much less potent yes and Bnar wasn't conjuring an impenetrable barrier simultaneously. Sorry, should of mentioned I was reaching my conclusions via common sense. sad

MythLord
Except the circumstances are entirely different in the fight that might have taken place. Sedriss amped by Sidious and drawing 'dark power' from the atmosphere is clearly going to be more powerful than a previous version was.

What are you even saying? Sedriss got permanently empowered by Sidious when he became his right-hand man; it's actually a common thing for Sidious to bestow a portion of his power to his servants when he makes them his hands. This was also the case with Mara Jade, who's connection to the Force atrophied upon Sidious' death.

Which means, Sedriss was already amped by Sheev when he engaged Skywalker and got molested. Also, if Sidious wasn't amping Sedriss to defeat his absolute worst enemy, what makes you think he'd amp Sedriss to blow up a friggin' tree?

DarthAnt66
Kun wins, but great fight.

Dispray
Kun pretty easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.