Gamora vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Who wins ?

StiltmanFTW
Namor. Easily.

Recent showing vs. She-Hulk - 'nuff said.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Namor. Easily.

Recent showing vs. She-Hulk - 'nuff said.
Did that stupid sh|t happen in a She Hulk comic? If so, I wouldn't hold that against Gamora.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

I believe it did.

Anyway, that showing is not Gamora's only problem. Fight with Bucky is, too. It was pretty even, despite her massive stats advantage.

tkitna
Gamora gets written like @ss all the time it seems.

Branlor Swift
Pre Bendis Gamora would win. Post Bendis Gamora gets beaten to death.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Did that stupid sh|t happen in a She Hulk comic? If so, I wouldn't hold that against Gamora.

Gamora was poisoned. Context is a real thing. Anyways Gamora beats him down fast.

cdtm
Why does she beat him down fast? He's pretty quick for a brick, and it's not like she's a super speedster.

Didn't she have trouble reaching Ben Grimm's pressure point once, because of his big hands? So we're not talking about Quicksilver here..

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Why does she beat him down fast? He's pretty quick for a brick, and it's not like she's a super speedster.

Didn't she have trouble reaching Ben Grimm's pressure point once, because of his big hands? So we're not talking about Quicksilver here..

She put him down with one strike, regardless of his big hands or thick skin. Namor doesn't have either. Gamora is good enough to contend with Angela, strong enough to hurt Maxam, and one shot the Thing. How long does Namor last IYO?

Genii96
Namor beats gamora into the ground

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Stoic
She put him down with one strike, regardless of his big hands or thick skin. Namor doesn't have either. Gamora is good enough to contend with Angela, strong enough to hurt Maxam, and one shot the Thing. How long does Namor last IYO?
It was Sasquatch and Gamora vs Thing. Two against one.

Namor is also stronger and faster than Thing.

Namor wins this.

Stoic
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
It was Sasquatch and Gamora vs Thing. Two against one.

Namor is also stronger and faster than Thing.

Namor wins this.

I'd love to see Nmor spar with Thanos. I'm betting that he would be hit within the first 5-10 seconds, and the hit would be a one shot. Strength isn't everything. This is why Gamora would tap dance on Namor's face. Angela would too.

Kid Kurdy
You act like Gamora is a worthy sparring partner for Thanos. It's debatable he even felt her punches.

And Thanos is a snail compared to Namor. When Gamora was "fighting" Thanos he was almost standing still. Namor won't.

cdtm

Seen the Maxim scans. She was able to knock him around, but not really hurt him, and he KOed her in one hit (After taking a jolt from his collar)

How powerful is Maxim? Only other times I saw him, he was about to arm wrestle Drax, and got put down by Blood and Thunder Thor.

celeyhyga17
Namor.. I think..

Stoic
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You act like Gamora is a worthy sparring partner for Thanos. It's debatable he even felt her punches.

And Thanos is a snail compared to Namor. When Gamora was "fighting" Thanos he was almost standing still. Namor won't.

When did you ever see Namor do more than brawl when going H2H? Gamora has him beat in the martial arts category by a landslide. In the fight where she was taking it to Maxam she tells him how she can read telegraphs, and Namor does this a lot. Look at his battle against Spiderman for example, he bull rushes a lot, and sure he looks great against guys like the Thing who are actually slower than he is, but against an opponent that is more agile, and has better moves, he will be tagged. I can understand why people will tend to choose the stronger character more times than not, but when there is a large disparity in skill you have to take that into consideration. Gamora has moves that would shut Namor's nervous system down. He can win if he catches her sleeping, but he won't more times than not, while she will catch him telegraphing his moves seeking to finish things quicker than he bargained for. In the end, Gamora will be in control of the entire battle, baiting him and striking vulnerable pressure points. In fact she could begin with a nut shot capable of tearing a tank apart with a kick. Namor is the more powerful of the two, but power isn't everything as we all know.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Genii96
Namor beats gamora into the ground

Hyperion Prime
I just think there comes a point when martial arts can only get you so far. Namor is a lot stronger than her. He should be able to take her, unless she is touched by the spirit of Wolverine.

Stoic
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I just think there comes a point when martial arts can only get you so far. Namor is a lot stronger than her. He should be able to take her, unless she is touched by the spirit of Wolverine.

He isn't a lot stronger than her. People on this forum have run away with the idea of Namor actually being in Thor's range in terms of strength there is nothing further from the truth. Also MA's will get a character as strong as Gamora very far, at least well into Namor's range. He does not have the ability to outfight her, she will also see everything that he does before he does it. She fought Angela so evenly that they said that she would have kept fighting her for weeks. Angela is fast. Again, Namor is a brawler, that employs unrefined skill. Show me one place that we actually see Namor's MA skills. Just one. Namor vs She Hulk and Rogue simultaneously who wins? I'd place my bets on the team. Gamora beat them both at the same time. She'd tad dance on Namor's face.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I just think there comes a point when martial arts can only get you so far. Namor is a lot stronger than her. He should be able to take her, unless she is touched by the spirit of Wolverine. Prior to her getting Bendis'd she was actually probably a lot closer to his strength range than people would like to imagine. Hell she had both Nova and Terrax dead to rights at seperate times.

Now she's weaker and less skilled than she's ever been. Namor would likely just punch her head off now and call it a day.

abhilegend
Bucky can stalemate her now. Namor would just laugh at her and punch her lights out.

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Prior to her getting Bendis'd she was actually probably a lot closer to his strength range than people would like to imagine. Hell she had both Nova and Terrax dead to rights at seperate times.

Now she's weaker and less skilled than she's ever been. Namor would likely just punch her head off now and call it a day.

One writer's interpretation isn't every writers interpretation. Besides what happened to her Black Vortex powers? Isn't that the current Gamora? If so this will end even faster than it took me to type this.

Branlor Swift
One writer's interpretation isn't every writers interpretation. Besides what happened to her Black Vortex powers? Isn't that the current Gamora? If so this will end even faster than it too me to type this. That one writer turned her into what we saw in the Shulk team up.

And she had trouble with Storm in a ****ing swordfight with her Black Vortex "Upgrade". She gets a herald level upgrade and Storm can block her hits. Can you imagine Namor locking up in a swordfight with Storm?

The first Gamora we ever saw before Thanos upgraded her would have killed Storm within a panel.

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
That one writer turned her into what we saw in the Shulk team up.

And she had trouble with Storm in a ****ing swordfight with her Black Vortex "Upgrade". She gets a herald level upgrade and Storm can block her hits. Can you imagine Namor locking up in a swordfight with Storm?

The first Gamora we ever saw before Thanos upgraded her would have killed Storm within a panel.

They weren't going to let a key character like Storm take an ass whipping, or worse die. Name me one character that's been around since the 70's that hasn't had several poor showings. Even the Juggernaut has been reduced to being the Wrecking Crew's pinata. Gamora is also well know to carry alien military grade ordinance and a lot of that stuff has made Tony Stark go wow over it. Still currently she's augmented with the Black Vortex amp.

celeyhyga17
Gams just killed three and a half dozen bounty hunters then struck by a powerful poison before meeting Shulk.

Branlor Swift
They weren't going to let a key character like Storm take an ass whipping, or worse die. Name me one character that's been around since the 70's that hasn't had several poor showings. Even the Juggernaut has been reduced to being the Wrecking Crew's pinata. Gamora is also well know to carry alien military grade ordinance and a lot of that stuff has made Tony Stark go wow over it. Still currently she's augmented with the Black Vortex amp.

The thing is, Gamora is supposed to still be amped to her Annihilation levels and farther amped from the Black Vortex.

Do you see where the issue arrises here? Especially when the very next thing she does is have Storm hold her off for a page.

Juggernaut was on panel weakened. Gamora is just weaker because Bendis doesn't give a shit. And her Black Vortex upgrade isn't even impressive. Thane gets an upgrade and blows up a planet. Gamora gets an upgrade and has trouble with the X-Men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.