Mace Windu/Dooku vs Quinlan Vos, Darth Malgus (Hope), Kyle Katarn, TCW Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Huuugen fight

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Trocity
Team 1

carthage

McP
Hope Malgus is clearly inferior to either Dooku or Mace. Vos and Katarn are non-factors. Kenobi also isn't a Dooku's or Mace's caliber fighter.

Duo take this every single time.

Emperordmb
Kyle and Kenobi aren't non-factors.

ILS
Nobody here is a "non-factor" laughing out loud

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ILS
Nobody here is a "non-factor" laughing out loud

https://41.media.tumblr.com/96ee4023d1e46456228bfa2f65198fd5/tumblr_n0x6dtiA2A1svw2c2o6_500.jpg

^And that Kenobi is anywhere from stronger to much stronger than his TCWs form depending on the season.

ILS
Right.. but Dooku wasn't exactly having an easy time with him and Anakin prior to that, so to call Kenobi a non-factor is pushing it. If you can strain someone, you're factoring in.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ILS
Right.. but Dooku wasn't exactly having an easy time with him and Anakin prior to that, so to call Kenobi a non-factor is pushing it. If you can strain someone, you're factoring in.

*sigh*
eYT3ctPuVRw

Where does Dooku look like he's in trouble? It isn't until the last few seconds of the duel does that happen. He dismisses Kenobi quite easily twice. First with the push then with the choke.

The same is seen on Obi-Dia, even with Tyranus not using the force.

ILS
I was factoring in the RotS novel, which I assume you've read. I didn't realize this was a live-action only thread?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ILS
I was factoring in the RotS novel, which I assume you've read. I didn't realize this was a live-action only thread?

I've read it. Unless Dooku's suffering from dementia there's no way that version of the fight is canon. Anakin has been a Djem So user since AOTCs, and Kenobi has been a Soresu users since then. Why the **** would he think them Ataru and Shien users, ESPECIALLY considering he just fought them on Obi-Dia months before ROTS.

Not to mention it contradicts the movie on several accounts. Dooku never called the guards in desperation. And he never shits himself until the very end of the fight with Anakin.

ILS
Yeah, TCW has caused a couple of retcons, nobody is disputing that. Nor is anybody disputing that Stover's iteration isn't in line with the movie. Typically I factor in the movie novels for EU debates even if they aren't necessarily aligned with main canon. It's just another iteration of events that goes into more detail.

If you want to ignore it, that's fine. I won't be joining you.

McP
I never said, that Kenobi is a non-factor. I said that about Vos and Katarn, but not about Kenobi.

I just said, that Kenobi isn't a warrior of Mace's or Dooku's caliber, which is true.

And that duel from Stover's novel contradicts the ROTS movie and "Rise and Fall of Darth Vader". Yoda's and Papatine's duel from that book shouldn't be ever treat as a canon source as well.

Emperordmb
How the hell is Katarn a nonfactor?

Nephthys
Team 2.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2

Originally posted by McP
Hope Malgus is clearly inferior to either Dooku or Mace.
Based on what?

Malgus, as of Hope, disarmed powerful Satele Shan, tolerated missiles, grenades, and a blast of power (from Shan) that was potent enough to disintegrate a cliff. However, Malgus was not done yet and proceeded to defeat and kill 2 Jedi simultaneously that he happened to come across (one of these Jedi was an absolute powerhouse).

Originally posted by McP
Vos and Katarn are non-factors. Kenobi also isn't a Dooku's or Mace's caliber fighter.
Katarn is not a non-factor.

Supposedly, Malgus takes on Mace and Katarn takes on Dooku; Vos and Obi-Wan can assist Katarn to defeat Dooku and then join Malgus to pwn Mace.

Originally posted by McP
Duo take this every single time.
Nope.

carthage
This is Vong War Kyle btw not the Kyle from LOTF

carthage
I THINK THE TEAM CAN TAKE THIS

DOOKU COULD STOMP ANYONE BARRING MALGUS WITH THE FORCE, BUT COMBINED KENOBI AND MALGUS'S OFFENSIVE TELEKINESIS CAN BRING HIM DOWN. KENOBI AND KATARN OR ANY COMBINATION OF MALGUS AND KENOBI COULD AT LEAST PRESENT A CHALLENGE TO DOOKU. WINDU WOULD MOST LIKELY LOSE TO EITHER COMBINATION OF TEAM 2 AS WELL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.