ROTJ Vader and Sith Ulic vs FE Malgus and SoD Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
All out.

AncientPower
Team 1, Vader is the best here and Ulic should at least be able to hold his own against either.

carthage
Could legtimately go either way.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
Team 1, Vader is the best here and Ulic should at least be able to hold his own against either.
Malgus > Vader

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Malgus > Vader

How is malgus better than vader

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Malgus have defeated and killed some excellent warriors and even absolute powerhouses with feats on par with that of Vader. Sidious recognized him as the greatest warrior among Sith in history. During Malgus's standing as a Emperor, a Strike Team of among the greatest warriors in the galaxy was dispatched to take on Malgus.

Lord Stark

Because Malgus is pretty much a faster Vader with Sith lightning and slightly weaker TK (if at all really).

carthage
He isn't faster than Vader wtf?

Vader has moved fast enough to appear to teleport, dodged fire from AT walkers, moved fast enough to appear out of thin air, blitzed jedi, and moved fast enough to appear in 3 places at once.

Malgus has formed shields out of his blade, moved in blurs, etc. Vader is well past that. And no Malgus has excellent TK feats, but Vader's is on another level from his and among the best in the mythos. He is more skilled and would beat him in any duel.

ILS
Those aren't Malgus' best speed feats, though.

Doubt there's an edge either way in that category.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Those aren't Malgus' best speed feats, though.

Doubt there's an edge either way in that category.

What are his better ones?

ILS
Blitzing Jedi easily, perceiving dozens of blaster bolts in slow motion, creating a "glittering arc" of light while injured and pre-prime, engaging the entire strike team simultaneously etc

EmperorSidious2
Malgus have defeated and killed some excellent warriors and even absolute powerhouses with feats on par with that of Vader. Sidious recognized him as the greatest warrior among Sith in history. During Malgus's standing as a Emperor, a Strike Team of among the greatest warriors in the galaxy was dispatched to take on Malgus.

All of that doesn't help since vader outmatches malgus in their core forms djem so and vader has many other forms at his disposal while malgus doesn't has better force abilities and don't you say malgus has lightning we'll it won't help since vader could block with his lightsaber and his suit also has electrical protection so malbus is completely outclassed by vader and when did sidious say that he was one of the greatest sith Warriors of all time not saying it not true but when and why would that matter when vader could defeat windu an dooku who could definitly defeat malgus so reanLye yourself

Nephthys
Vader also has disadvantages that impede his abilities. So even if he has a stronger knowledge of lightsaber forms, can you say for certain he'd be better at implementing them given his disabilities?

AncientPower
His disabilities that became his strength, actually, read Rise of Darth Vader. Furthermore Vader is vastly stronger in TK, lifting and crushing an AT-AT. His Force defese is more than enough to block Force Lightning, TFU Vader was somewhat capable of absorbing much stronger lightning from Starkiller. ROTJ Vader is better in every way.

His lightsaber ability is beyond Mace Windu and Count Dooku, two far more skilled opponents than Malgus and two of the greatest ever.

Where the hell are people getting the idea that Malgus is Vader tier from?

carthage
Vader isn't "far above" Dooku or Windu as a duelist lmao

Lord Stark
His disabilities that became his strength, actually, read Rise of Darth Vader. Furthermore Vader is vastly stronger in TK, lifting and crushing an AT-AT. His Force defese is more than enough to block Force Lightning, TFU Vader was somewhat capable of absorbing much stronger lightning from Starkiller. ROTJ Vader is better in every way.

Darth Malgus has force screamed down starfighters, overpowered Jedi who could collapse entire buildings, and easily overpower Jedi all far before his prime. While Vader is better in TK its the only field he's better in. Malgus' lightning is nothing to sneeze at either. It was easily able to kill 3 Jedi at once with a single one handed blast. Not to mention Force Malestrom is OP as ****.

No its not. Vader is more powerful than Mace and Dooku, but no where is it ever hinted or even implied that his swordmanship is superior. Vader couldn't even defeat worn withered Kenobi. Nor could he defeat Luke.

Dude is easily the second most powerful Sith of his generation. Don't pretend like he's some phebe. +Most people have granted him wins over the Count. That puts him in Vader's league.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Darth Malgus has force screamed down starfighters, overpowered Jedi who could collapse entire buildings, and easily overpower Jedi all far before his prime. While Vader is better in TK its the only field he's better in. Malgus' lightning is nothing to sneeze at either. It was easily able to kill 3 Jedi at once with a single one handed blast. Not to mention Force Malestrom is OP as ****.

No its not. Vader is more powerful than Mace and Dooku, but no where is it ever hinted or even implied that his swordmanship is superior. Vader couldn't even defeat worn withered Kenobi. Nor could he defeat Luke.

Dude is easily the second most powerful Sith of his generation. Don't pretend like he's some phebe. +Most people have granted him wins over the Count. That puts him in Vader's league.

Vader has better Tutaminis, Force Defense, Force Augmentation and rage feats than Malgus can compare to. If Decieved is your main source then I wouldn't bother because I have it on-hand.

Mace Windu believes Anakin Skywalker is one of the most powerful Jedi ever, if not the most powerful. Certainly moreso than himself after defeating Count Dooku soundly(in a duel). Before I hear a Jedi humbleness counter-argument, Mace Windu in no manner likes Anakin or his ego and yet believes this anyway. Oh and he curbstomps Cin Drallig after this let us not forget, potentially he even killed Shaak Ti in Operation Knightfall.

Now factor in that Lords of the Sith and the Darth Vader comic series refers to him as much more powerful and skilled than he ever was as Anakin. Then factor in once again that ROTJ Vader is even more powerful and skilled than that iteration was and we have a clearly far superior combatant.

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader I, was an instance where Kenobi used Soresu and Vader's impatience against him, if Vader had been clear-headed at the time he certainly would have won.

Lord Stark
Vader has better Tutaminis, Force Defense, Force Augmentation and rage feats than Malgus can compare to. If Decieved is your main source then I wouldn't bother because I have it on-hand.

When has Vader ever displayed Tutaminis? Deceived is FAR from Malgus' prime though, so I powerscale a good deal from that.

I am well aware. ROTS Anakin would whoop ROTJ Vader in a lightsaber duel. Cin Drallig isn't anywhere nearly as powerful as Dooku or Mace, neither is Shaak Ti, so this is irrelevant.

Again how does this state he's a better swordsman? Who has Vader ever defeated of note? In ANH he still could not break Kenobi's defenses, and this is an Obi-Wan who's weaker than his ROTS self. Its obvious that Vader's real advantage over the likes of Dooku, Mace, and ROTS Anakin is TK which he never uses in the OT. As far as swordsmanship goes he never again returned to his pre-suit levels. At best he's likely ROTS Kenobi level in that regard imo.

I am talking about their fight on the Death Star. Where was it ever implied Vader wasn't level headed against Kenobi in ANH?

carthage

Lord Stark

carthage
He was completely stonewalled by Tiin in their sparring match, he couldn't break his defense whereas he had no problem holding back against Vos. And no lol he had to try his best to fight Bulq at every point. I never lowballed Windu and I never even said he was inferior to Vader lol. Only that he is wanked beyond all belief on virtually every SW board.

Nephthys

His lightsaber ability is beyond Mace Windu and Count Dooku, two far more skilled opponents than Malgus and two of the greatest ever.

Where the hell are people getting the idea that Malgus is Vader tier from?

I have and as I recall they didn't become his strength, he just got better at managing them. I fail to see how having shitty agility, mobility, a clunky robot body and armor and an obvious "f*ck-me" box in the middle of his chest can be turned into a strength. And no, Vader isn't vastly better in TK, though that's naughty of you to try and use canon and legend feats at once. I'd also seriously question Starkiller having stronger lightning. As in, I really doubt it.

I really doubt that assertion. Vader has had plenty of poor showings against random noobs. He's hardly some transcendental fighter.

Because he is?

carthage
^See Stark that's lowballing lmao

Nephthys
Also I thought Vader deflected Han's blaster bolts, not absorbed them? Also he had an indestructible talisman in his glove. It's kind of weird if he's able to absorb energy with his robot hand but can't use lightning because he has robot hands. If he can transfer energy one way, why not the the other?

carthage
Anyway siding Team 2 due to Maul being more than sufficient to stave off Vader, so Malgus can kill Ulic with telekinesis

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
He was completely stonewalled by Tiin in their sparring match, he couldn't break his defense whereas he had no problem holding back against Vos. And no lol he had to try his best to fight Bulq at every point. I never lowballed Windu and I never even said he was inferior to Vader lol. Only that he is wanked beyond all belief on virtually every SW board.

You have got to be kidding me. Its a spar, he wasn't going all out. The only people who've ever sparred with Windu and make him go all out are Yoda and Dooku. Or do you really think that Yoda goes all out when he spars with Padawans.

Of course he is, as should anyone who disarms Darth Sidious, considered to be second only to Yoda, and who invented his personal anti-Sith dueling technique.

AncientPower
I'm not going to continue a loop of asinine logic. I will however ask, what source you have that places Anakin over any interation of Darth Vader, because I have three off the top of my head that states completely the opposite.

carthage
Originally posted by Lord Stark
You have got to be kidding me. Its a spar, he wasn't going all out. The only people who've ever sparred with Windu and make him go all out are Yoda and Dooku. Or do you really think that Yoda goes all out when he spars with Padawans.

Of course he is, as should anyone who disarms Darth Sidious, considered to be second only to Yoda, and who invented his personal anti-Sith dueling technique.

Kindly prove that he wasn't going "all out". Windu has no problems letting others know their faults in sparring matches like he held back against Quinlan Vos. Tiin is canonically one of the most skilled fighters produced by the Jedi order, and what? he lost to Dooku in his sparring matches and obviously that's reaching to compare him to Yoda. He openly admitted inferiority to Yoda.

He couldn't best Maul even with the backup of Aayla Secura (yeah, SOD Maul is slightly more skilled than in TPM), and Vader took multiple disabling blows and killed a replica of TPM Maul. That was before his prime in ROTJ.

I'm not going to continue a loop of asinine logic. I will however ask, what source you have that places Anakin over any interation of Darth Vader, because I have three off the top of my head that states completely the opposite.

Beating Count Dooku, constantly tooling Asajj Ventress, and fighting evenly with a superior version of Obi wan isn't enough?

ILS
I'm loling @ the idea of Vader not being on par with Windu. You know the same guy that struggles with Saesee Tiin and struggled with Bulq, and for all of his almighty wank Maul who is near Vader as a duelist fought evenly with him. Tiin giving Windu a good fight in sparring is simply a good feat for Tiin. One could go as far as to say Vader wouldn't have the same success based on his own feats, but moving on. Bulq lasted as long as he did due to him and Windu knowing each other's fighting styles so intimately (unless you want to explain why Bulq was previously dismissed by Dooku easily, someone virtually equal to Mace).

The Maul doppleganger was playing with Vader for the healthiest part of that fight, and I'm not sure why I need to keep explaining this to people. It should be apparent from just reading the comic, even if you know Maul half as well as someone like me does. It wasn't an even fight at all.

Vader's strongest claim to skill is being able to take his ANH feats and then use his "became far more skilled by ESB" accolade to bump him up. That puts him at RotS Kenobi's level for me, at most.

AncientPower
Or you can take all of his previous feats, including Anakin's and then powerscale those by about 40-50% and we have ROTJ Vader.

ILS
Based on what?

AncientPower
Three statements in time-line succession of him being more powerful than ever.

carthage
**** you ILS always lowballing Vader, its making me ****ing sick

I'm ****ing done. Are you mad Maul can't crush ATTs?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vader also has disadvantages that impede his abilities. So even if he has a stronger knowledge of lightsaber forms, can you say for certain he'd be better at implementing them given his disabilities?

Yes I can say for absolute certainty

ILS
**** you ILS always lowballing Vader, its making me ****ing sick

I'm ****ing done. Are you mad Maul can't crush ATTs? At least the cyborgs I'm a fan of can still run faster than 5mph

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by ILS
At least the cyborgs I'm a fan of can still run faster than 5mph

Well vader has been known to match and defeat faster and more agile opponents and can actually match the speeds in short burst and it's not like malgus is insanely fast I don't get why this is a debate vader owns these two individually and possibly as a team add ulic apprentice of exar kun and team vader wins without much effort

S_W_LeGenD
Vader has moved fast enough to appear to teleport, dodged fire from AT walkers, moved fast enough to appear out of thin air, blitzed jedi, and moved fast enough to appear in 3 places at once.
Malgus has been in the battlefield for decades. Don't you think that he would have faced these kind of situations?

Sidious's personal assessment is that Malgus's battlefield feats have never been duplicated.

Malgus has formed shields out of his blade, moved in blurs, etc. Vader is well past that. And no Malgus has excellent TK feats, but Vader's is on another level from his and among the best in the mythos. He is more skilled and would beat him in any duel.
Malgus have defeated foes with feats that can be safely counted as being among the best in the mythos. As an example: a Jedi (powerhouse) simultaneously collapsed two buildings around the position of Malgus in an attempt to crush the Sith Lord beneath the massive rubble. However, such power was not enough to stop Malgus.

Vader's top TK showings are not enough to stop Malgus.

carthage
thumb up

McP
Vader took multiple disabling blows and killed a replica of TPM Maul. That was before his prime in ROTJ.

Yeah, just like Kenobi killed him in TPM, just like Vos killed Bulq. And just like the Mountain killed the Viper during their fight.
It's their fault that they lowered their's guards, but before that all of them have shown their superiority over their enemies.

I would assume, that this clone of Maul > ANH Vader after all.

Lord Stark
Kindly prove that he wasn't going "all out". Windu has no problems letting others know their faults in sparring matches like he held back against Quinlan Vos. Tiin is canonically one of the most skilled fighters produced by the Jedi order, and what? he lost to Dooku in his sparring matches and obviously that's reaching to compare him to Yoda. He openly admitted inferiority to Yoda.

Burden of proof is on you. Prove he was going all out.

In a duel that literally lasted one comic book panel. Lel. Not to mention his Mando's felt it necessary to intervene shortly into the battle.

EmperorSidious2
Malgus has been in the battlefield for decades. Don't you think that he would have faced these kind of situations?

Sidious's personal assessment is that Malgus's battlefield feats have never been duplicated.

Malgus have defeated foes with feats that can be safely counted as being among the best in the mythos. As an example: a Jedi (powerhouse) simultaneously collapsed two buildings around the position of Malgus in an attempt to crush the Sith Lord beneath the massive rubble. However, such power was not enough to stop Malgus.

Vader's top TK showings are not enough to stop Malgus.

Malgus is not the great deulist/force user you make him out to be just because someone says something doesn't mean that much like what sidious holds little wait and when have you seen sidious in a battlefield engagement all the jedi and sith of the old republic went up against blisters not light sabers but when they were tested they faired well and vader could defeat statele Shan and the hero of typhon and anyone else so malgus loses and what sort of feats does malgus have that rival vader

Trocity
all the jedi and sith of the old republic went up against blisters not light sabers

the jedi and sith of the old republic went up against blisters

went up against blisters

blisters

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Trocity
the jedi and sith of the old republic went up against blisters

went up against blisters

blisters

Blasters* my bad like windu he didn't really go up against lightsaber wielding foes that often neither did yoda or any jedi just BLASTERS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.