Gaming deals and sales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
This is where you discuss what you got from the latest flash sale (90% off).

In the most recent flash sale, I got Star Wars: Battlefront II for 90 cents on my ps3 which I transferred to my vita. (AMAZING DEAL)

I also got Game of Thrones, the original one for about 80 cents, and Katamari Damacy for 90 cents.

Jmanghan
Also, dunno if Xbox has Flash Sales, but if they have 90% a collection of games for a limited amount of time, thats fine too.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Jmanghan
This is where you discuss what you got from the latest flash sale (90% off).

In the most recent flash sale, I got Star Wars: Battlefront II for 90 cents on my ps3 which I transferred to my vita. (AMAZING DEAL)

I also got Game of Thrones, the original one for about 80 cents, and Katamari Damacy for 90 cents.

Is that sale still going on?

Jmanghan
Unfortunately no.

I mean, it might be, but I couldn't find it yesterday.

Jmanghan
You know the worst part? It also had Shadow of the Collosus for 80 cents, which I didn't see till I was 80 cents short.

Jmanghan
What'd you guys get?

Tzeentch
I bought Metro Last Night for 10 bucks the other day- Xbox Live gold gives free and reduced price flash sales every month. I got Tomb Raider, Sniper Elite v2 and AC: Black Flag for free that way.

Jmanghan
Tomb Raider and Black Flag for FREE??

Tzeentch
Word up.

Jmanghan
So, last Flash Sale... What'd you guys get?

Jmanghan
Mmkay, so I missed the last flash sale, I did see Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite up for $6.00. I ended up paying $1.50 for a shitty PS Mobile game called OMG HD Zombies!

Needless to say, the game was awful.

Kazenji
Steam currently has Amnesia: The Dark Descent free to buy, For those that haven't got it.

Jmanghan
Oh, well, if my game didn't lag for everything, I'd pick it up. Can't even play KOTOR without at least a bit of lag.

Kazenji
Sounds like you need a new PC.

Kazenji
Red Alert 2 on the house from Origin.

-Pr-
Got it, thanks.

Kazenji
I've still got my copy from buying Command & Conquer: The First Decade.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Sounds like you need a new PC. Maybe if I had a money tree.

Kazenji

Smasandian
A PC that can't play KOTOR?

You can replace it with something better for virtually free. A computer from 2009 (6 years after KOTOR was released) could be had nothing.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
A PC that can't play KOTOR?

You can replace it with something better for virtually free. A computer from 2009 (6 years after KOTOR was released) could be had nothing. Well, it can play KOTOR, but not much else, it lags on Skyrim, Saints Row 2, Jedi Academy, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, War of the Roses.

So yeah, I can play them, but its very laggy.

Jedi Academy only lags some of the time in really dense places in-game.

Smasandian
Well a computer from 2009/2010 should be less than $100 and be able to play all those games (Skyrim being a bit tough).

Jmanghan
Well a computer from 2009/2010 should be less than $100 and be able to play all those games (Skyrim being a bit tough). I have 0 bucks.

Kazenji
I noticed Origin has Jade Empire on the House.

-Pr-
So Phantom Pain is half-price on Steam right now. Not bad. Thinking of using that Steam credit I got for Christmas to pick it up:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287700/

cdtm
Well, it can play KOTOR, but not much else, it lags on Skyrim, Saints Row 2, Jedi Academy, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, War of the Roses.

So yeah, I can play them, but its very laggy.

Jedi Academy only lags some of the time in really dense places in-game.

KOTOR needs some tweaking to play right. At the time, even on my 6600gts, it lagged a lot in areas.

Jedi Academy lagging is surprising. I think that game could have played on a 2000 rig.. Runs fine on my laptops integrated 945gm, and that can't play much, at all..

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
KOTOR needs some tweaking to play right. At the time, even on my 6600gts, it lagged a lot in areas.

Jedi Academy lagging is surprising. I think that game could have played on a 2000 rig.. Runs fine on my laptops integrated 945gm, and that can't play much, at all..

Thats why I downloaded KOTOR off the Gamestop Online app, and not on steam.

I've honestly never trusted steam, why do I have to update it to play my games offline??? Why do I need to log in to play the game's I paid for?

What if I lose my email and forget my password?

cdtm
I could rant for hours about Steam.

Why would they let on apps that don't even work on modern computers? Happens all the time.. Max Payne 1 and 2 were on sale awhile back, and basically couldn't run on anything post Windows XP without tweaking the exe, folder layout, and adding another file.. Pages of complaints with the same issues.

Good Old Games actually makes sure their games work on newer OS's, instead of throwing stuff out there and letting the user take their chances.

Kazenji

I've honestly never trusted steam, why do I have to update it to play my games offline??? Why do I need to log in to play the game's I paid for?

That's one thing with Steam i felt that they could fix

and also why not have the game all patched up before buying it?....at least GOG has that problem sorted out & then when you uninstall it and decide to play it again later gotta go through that process again....ugh

Why would they let on apps that don't even work on modern computers? Happens all the time.. Max Payne 1 and 2 were on sale awhile back, and basically couldn't run on anything post Windows XP without tweaking the exe, folder layout, and adding another file.. Pages of complaints with the same issues..

Didn't know that about Max Payne 1 & 2...good thing i played the second one on my old computer which had XP.

Jmanghan
Mmkay, so the sale is over now, but I got Dragon's Crown on my Vita for Half Price ($14.99).

Kazenji
Regarding the Max Payne discussion above, You can get it working on on modern PC's....very easy to do.

Jmanghan
I dunno if its for consoles as well, but if you have a Vita, the "Sale of the Dead" has some low-budget horror games on sale, as well as...

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season.

ITS ONLY $4.99!!!

I already have TWD on my Vita, first season anyway, can't wait to get the second one.

They also have "Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles" on sale for $7.99, but meh, I already have SoTN, I'm happy.

cdtm
Regarding the Max Payne discussion above, You can get it working on on modern PC's....very easy to do.

Haven't been able to yet.

Jmanghan
Part 1 of the Sale of the Dead:

Jmanghan
Part 2 of the Sale of the Dead:

cdtm
The Swapper's on there, but not Lone Survivor?

Swapper isn't really horror themed, but LS sure is.

Kazenji
Haven't been able to yet.

Look on the game's forum next time you go back to it.

cdtm
Look on the game's forum next time you go back to it.

I did, many times. Nothing works, not compability mode, or administrator mode, or setting the affinity for a single core at launch, or forcing dx8-9, or the stupid directory renaming trick. The game never launches.

On the bright side, Deus Ex randomly started working.

Jmanghan
I didn't know this about Dracula X Chronicles, but...

Kazenji
Yeah you basically get two games with that Castlevania game.

Jmanghan
Yeah you basically get two games with that Castlevania game. Yeah, but I'm assuming it'll be 20 bucks again soon, which is sad.

Jmanghan
For those of you that own a vita, there is a Golden Week sale and a May the 4th Sale.

The Golden Week sale has some incredible games for awesome prices, like Persona 4: Golden for $11.99, Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite for $5.99, Gladiator Begins for $3.19 (do yourself and get this game, it's criminally underrated), Dragon's Crown is still too expensive imo, but it's decently priced at $17.99.

May the 4th Sale is JUST Star Wars games, Super Star Wars is $4.99, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PSP version) is $2.49, Battlefront II (PSP version) is $2.49, Battlefront: Renegade Squadron is $2.49, Battlefront: Elite Squadron is $4.99.

BUT you could just get all these games by buying the Star Wars Mega Bundle, which is currently $13.99.

Buy em quick, guys.

Kazenji
Alan Wake's going to be taken down from Xbox live & Steam due to the expiration of music licenses

its going to be on sale on Steam or is on sale.

Jmanghan
There was a sale recently in which I picked up the Divine Anthology. It's not going on anymore unfortunately.

Kazenji
Ubisoft currently has World in conflict for free, Next will be AC 4: Black Flag later on.

Jmanghan
Ubisoft currently has World in conflict for free, Next will be AC 4: Black Flag later on. On Playstation?

Kazenji
PC of course through Uplay.

Jmanghan
GUYS YOU MUST PICK THIS UP, 33 HOURS LEFT!

Divine Anthology, which are Larian Studios earlier Divinity games, its basically where the series is in the future, whereas Divinity: Original Sin I & II are set in the past.

It includes Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity (Diablo II-style Isometric RPG's), and Divinity II: Developers Cut, which includes Ego Draconis and Flame Vegeance, as well as the developer mode which allows cheating in everything.

Pick. It. Up.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17798/

Kazenji
Humble Bundle has Homefront free.

Jmanghan
Humble Bundle has Homefront free. I'll pick it up I guess, although Sanctum 2 >>>>>>>>>> The Generic Homefront game.

Kazenji
Eh....i'm not a really a tower defence game person.

Jmanghan
Eh....i'm not a really a tower defence game person. Yeah but Homefront is like... the worst of the worst.

It's as generic as a shooter can get.

It's basically a less interesting Call of Duty.

On a sidenote, Ryse: Son of Rome is $5

Jmanghan
GUYS YOU MUST PICK THIS UP, 33 HOURS LEFT!

Divine Anthology, which are Larian Studios earlier Divinity games, its basically where the series is in the future, whereas Divinity: Original Sin I & II are set in the past.

It includes Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity (Diablo II-style Isometric RPG's), and Divinity II: Developers Cut, which includes Ego Draconis and Flame Vegeance, as well as the developer mode which allows cheating in everything.

Pick. It. Up.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17798/ The Divine Anthology is currently $2.99 btw.

That is 1 game that rivals Diablo II, 1 pretty good game, and another pretty good game.

cdtm
No interest in anything on offer.

I'm happy enough with Child of Eden at the moment.

Kazenji
Yeah but Homefront is like... the worst of the worst.

It's as generic as a shooter can get.

It's basically a less interesting Call of Duty.

Your missing the point

it is "FREE" so really you don't need to use your money to acquire it.

Jmanghan
Your missing the point

it is "FREE" so really you don't need to use your money to acquire it. Yeah, I got the game, but I don't see myself ever playing it, haven't even downloaded it yet.

I just want more games in my library, lol.

Jmanghan
The entire SpellForce series is available for $11.99 right now on steam, barring SpellForce 3, though it's normally available for $59.99, so it's an awesome deal, sale lasts only 5 more hours, so yeah: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36855/

Kazenji
GOG's currently giving away Grim Fandango for free.

Jmanghan
Speaking of Devil May Cry they have them on Sale on Steam.

Jmanghan
ARK: Survival Evolved is available for $23.99 right now on steam.

Only for 21 more hours though.

Jmanghan
Humble Bundle is selling Company of Heroes 2 for free right now, it's a WWII RTS game, and has pretty good reviews:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2

Jmanghan
The Jedi Knight bundle is 66% off, $8.88, it includes every game in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, including Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4373/Jedi_Knight_Bundle/

Jmanghan
Humble Bundle has really changed the way I buy games.

On a sidenote, the Mount & Blade collection is on sale for $11.24, and Warband is only $4.99, they'll be on sale for 11 more days.

Collection: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/mount-blade-collection

Warband: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/mount-blade-warband

Torchlight is $2.99, and Torchlight II is $3.99, sale is only going on for about 1 more day.

Torchlight: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/torchlight

Torchlight II: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/torchlight-ii

cdtm
So, I ask this every year, but now that the sale is on again:

Xenoverse 1: Do I want it?

Is it at least fun to play, with interesting content?

Jmanghan
So, I ask this every year, but now that the sale is on again:

Xenoverse 1: Do I want it?

Is it at least fun to play, with interesting content? I enjoyed my time with it, yeah.

It doesn't have the depth of a good DBZ Fighting Game, it's a lot better then Battle of Z, and there is a huge amount of DBZ content, yeah.

It's a great DBZ Beat-em-up with good customization, races, customizable movesets, and a great character roster.

cdtm
I enjoyed my time with it, yeah.

It doesn't have the depth of a good DBZ Fighting Game, it's a lot better then Battle of Z, and there is a huge amount of DBZ content, yeah.

It's a great DBZ Beat-em-up with good customization, races, customizable movesets, and a great character roster.

Bought it before reading this, but makes me feel good about my choice. thumb up

I'm really interested in the GT elements, they sound pretty interesting.

Ridley_Prime
In terms of moves and characters the GT content is alright, but Golden Frieza and his ult move emperor's death beam stole the show for me personally, especially when I unlocked it as a move for my character to use.

The RNG for reward drop rates with parallel quests is utter trash, tho heard they improved it some with the sequel, but still not enough for me to really want to get it.

With the other grinding there is, you can forgive the the garbage RNG for awhile, but once you really want to start having certain moves unlocked that you can only get from the PQ's, you'll probably hate the game for awhile as I did.

cdtm
Ooh, should have looked up the sagas BEFORE buying.

So the GT content is all DLC.

Did not expect that. Battle of the Gods stuff, Resurrection of F, sure, but figured I was weird in having any interest in GT at all.

Probably won't be getting any dlc for the prices, 10 bucks a pop. That's crazy.

Jmanghan

Did not expect that. Battle of the Gods stuff, Resurrection of F, sure, but figured I was weird in having any interest in GT at all.

Probably won't be getting any dlc for the prices, 10 bucks a pop. That's crazy. Yeah you should have asked us, the GT Content does add quite a bit though, including a whole GT storyline, new moves (My favorite move in the entire game is in the GT DLC, which is Final Shine Attack), outfits, characters, and transformations as well as multiplayer missions.

I bought it just recently, if you wanna level up characters quicker, once you unlock the Broly side-story, do it over and over. It's not that big of a grind and it gives you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much exp, its not even that difficult either once ya know what you're doing.

Ridley_Prime

Probably won't be getting any dlc for the prices, 10 bucks a pop. That's crazy.
Well when you get the dragon balls (usually grinded out as item drops from certain parallel quests) and wish for a new character, you'll get Super 17, Omega Shenron, and SSJ4 Gogeta (along with SSJ4 Goku) in the base game, so there's that.

The DLC was worth it though IMO, but waited pretty late to get it after I completed most of the game. Probably best wait till you've had your share of the game before deciding on getting it.

cdtm
Started a male human striker. Even customized him (I NEVER do this, too lazy.) Of course, the beard is a must, but wish it had a full Chuck Norris option.

Also, I'm pretty sure eye shape 1 and 5 are exactly alike.

Anyways, I'll see how I like this for now, deal dlc later. I hate to even consider it on principle, because they make Bioware look downright reasonable in their pricing out content behind a paywall, but I felt that way about Mass Effect and caved in on a sale anyways.

If I had to pick only one, I'd probably go RoF, on the basis it's one self contained dlc, and GT has a bunch of them at thirty dollars total (Plus, I just like Freeza more.. I have his theme on my phone.)

Adam Grimes
I never buy dlc that costs more than +15 bucks for the whole package unless it's an expansion like Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine

cdtm
I saw what looks like a Megaman X clone in friends trending.

Has randomly generated levels and coop.. Anyone know the game I'm talking about, and is it Megaman good?

cdtm
20xx.

And I'm on the fence about it.. I like Megaman, but if I want randomly generated perma death frustration I can just load up Spelunky (The free one, no way I'm paying to not win a game.)

Jmanghan
ATTENTION, VERY IMPORTANT:

The Steam Winter Sale ends tomorrow, so if you're gonna pick up any great games at low prices pick em up now.

There are too many to name, but some of which, which have been lowered significantly are: GTA V, Ark: Survival Evolved, Conan Exiles, DOOM, Cities: Skylines, Dark Souls III.

All those games and more have been lowered by a huge whopping amount, so pick them up while you can, the sale ends tomorrow. HAPPY SHOPPING!

cdtm
Only game I'm remotely interested in is Overwatch or Rocket League.

But I can just get TF2 for free..

That Ark Survival Evolved looks promising. But I researched it the same way I always do: By typing in "Ark Survival Evolved sucks!" in Google, and seeing what comes up.

I lose interest in more games that way..

Jmanghan
Only game I'm remotely interested in is Overwatch or Rocket League.

But I can just get TF2 for free..

That Ark Survival Evolved looks promising. But I researched it the same way I always do: By typing in "Ark Survival Evolved sucks!" in Google, and seeing what comes up.

I lose interest in more games that way.. Or you could just look up reviews.

In any case it's a very decent game.

cdtm
Or you could just look up reviews.

In any case it's a very decent game.

I don't trust reviews. Too many shills, and the review sites are dependent on advertising from the very industry they're supposed to be critical of.

Case in point.

And given Gerstmann's new affiliation with his former employers, I don't doubt he's vastly underplaying this. And in all likelihood, is pulling the same tactics/pressure to protect ad revenue at all costs that Gamespot pulled on him.

One could argue that's business, and ok fine. But I'm sure not taking a "game journalist" at face value, knowing their priority is the ad revenue at the expense of full transparency/integrity.

Jmanghan
I don't trust reviews. Too many shills, and the review sites are dependent on advertising from the very industry they're supposed to be critical of.

Case in point.

And given Gerstmann's new affiliation with his former employers, I don't doubt he's vastly underplaying this. And in all likelihood, is pulling the same tactics/pressure to protect ad revenue at all costs that Gamespot pulled on him.

One could argue that's business, and ok fine. But I'm sure not taking a "game journalist" at face value, knowing their priority is the ad revenue at the expense of full transparency/integrity. Avoid reviewers under big-name review companies at all costs.

People who are reliable are independent game reviewers, or youtubers like Angry Joe, ProJared, etc.

Smasandian
The problems within the industry is the same for either big game reviewers and independent reviewers. In fact, I would believe independent game reviewers are more likely to get cash backs for good reviews because a. the make less money than companies and b. they are not beholden to any sort of standards that other editorial might be.

Adam Grimes
Short story you can't trust any reviewer.

Jmanghan
The problems within the industry is the same for either big game reviewers and independent reviewers. In fact, I would believe independent game reviewers are more likely to get cash backs for good reviews because a. the make less money than companies and b. they are not beholden to any sort of standards that other editorial might be. But the difference is that IGN and Gamespot have been exposed time and time again as giving their reviews higher scores due to the game company paying them.

Whereas when people from let's say... NormalBoots, reviewed something thats sponsored, they always announce when it's sponsored, plus in the end its up to you what you believe, if you don't wanna believe that literally any big reviewer, ever will be genuine enough to be honest about a review, then thats on you. That doesn't mean they are definitely always gonna do a "sponsored" review.

Angry Joe I can almost guarantee, hasn't done that because he exposes stuff like that all the time on his show, also smaller people like AlphaOmegaSin, SomeCallMeJohnny, etc.

Smasandian
You are assuming they do so.

Just how people assume Gamespot doesn't provide better scores for advertisers.

cdtm
Wasn't there a scandal about YouTube celebs getting free stuff for endorsements awhile back?

Either way, I don't really like Angey Joe much.. The man actually got other internet celebrities banned from events because he decided to act like an ass at one of them. Guy seems like a creep

Adam Grimes
He's phucking dumb as well

Smasandian
Wasn't there a scandal about YouTube celebs getting free stuff for endorsements awhile back?

Either way, I don't really like Angey Joe much.. The man actually got other internet celebrities banned from events because he decided to act like an ass at one of them. Guy seems like a creep

Probably.

The difference between a YouTube personality is that they are basically the corporation and journalist as one person. They make money on views so endorsements are always the carrot on the stick. As well, they are not under any sort of journalistic standard that others adhere too.

Gamespot might have tried to force Gerstmann to provide a better review for Kane and Lynch but.....he didn't because he had standards and a lot of people in that industry does as well.

I find it sad that people believe YouTube personalities over professional journalism these days.

Jmanghan
Undertale is 50% off right now, in case anyone hasn't gotten it yet and is low on cash. smile

Jmanghan
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is $3.

https://i.imgur.com/jlKWzk3.png

Jmanghan
The "Tales of" Games are pretty cheap in the anime sale thats going on. Other games I saw that looked awesome and were much cheaper are Xenoverse 1 & 2, and that new Saint Seiya game.

https://i.imgur.com/aQTvNJX.png

Jmanghan
There's a sale going on right now for the Deus Ex games as well as other Eidos games: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2355/The_Deus_Ex_Collection/

It contains pretty much all Deus Ex games, with the original Deus Ex and Invisible War both being $0.97.

Pick them up, they are a great series of games.

Jmanghan
There's a sale going on for the "Age of Empires" games on steam.

Kazenji
Sign up to this with Sega and you get free games, Start off with two SEGA Mega drive /Genesis games from the get go

https://www.makewarnotlove.com

and today i was given Renegade Ops for free.

Kazenji
Now i have been given Company of Heroes & also the Legacy Edition of it

also got a -75% coupon for Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai....not that i would use it.

Jmanghan
Overwatch is 50% off right now.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/overwatch

Kazenji
The PSN has a Easter sale on at the moment

ended up getting Child of Light myself.

Kazenji
The Darkness 2 is currently free on Humble Bundle.

BackFire
Thinking of getting The Division. Heard it's pretty good now and currently on sale.

Smasandian
It is.

The made a massive amount of fixes to the end game. I have about 300 hours playtime for the Division and I enjoyed it immensely.

The atmosphere and world building are top notch. The shooting and cover mechanics are equally as good. I enjoyed the type of loot you get but I some people don't. The main missions and activities are pretty good for a loot driven game. There is also a ton of things you can do to get more loot. End game includes multiple difficulty settings for the main missions (harder = better loot), high value targets that have multiple different difficulty settings, 4 incursions (raids...), a wave based mode, bosses throughout the LZ (that's the main area of the map), global events that change things up and a few other things.

Also, the DLC includes a randomized mission mode that is pretty extensive, a survival mode that's battle royalish (and really cool blizzard weather effects) and a team based multiplayer that involves PVE and PVP combat.

And then......the Dark Zone, which is something you need to do at least a few times. It's a ****ing awesome experience if you don't care about losing loot.

Overall, the game is pretty damn good now. People have said its complex with a ton of stats everywhere but I enjoyed that. It's far better than what the game was before...far better.

BackFire
That sounds good. Think I'll pick it up before the sale ends.

Kazenji
Now its 'Spec Ops: The Line' turn on Humble Bundle to be free.

Jmanghan
Crusader Kings II is free right now on Steam, pick it up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/Crusader_Kings_II/

Kazenji
Crusader Kings II is free right now on Steam, pick it up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/Crusader_Kings_II/

Seen it yesterday

Meh..not my sort of game.

Jmanghan
Gothic 1-3 have a super low sale price on G2A: https://www.g2a.com/gothic-universe-edition-steam-key-global-i10000005165003

Three acclaimed RPG's, what's not to love.

cdtm
Gothic 1-3 have a super low sale price on G2A: https://www.g2a.com/gothic-universe-edition-steam-key-global-i10000005165003

Three acclaimed RPG's, what's not to love.

http://twinfinite.net/2016/06/dev-going-buy-g2a-please-pirate-game-instead/

Kazenji
Yep...G2A are a bunch of scumbags.

Jmanghan
But they had to have originally gotten the steam key from steam at some point.

At that point, it's more like buying the game and then giving the account with said game away.

Jmanghan
Furthermore, what's the difference between that and used games? What, because it's digital? Used games don't go back to developers either, so they should both be in the same boat.

It can't be stolen if they original game was already bought at some point.

How do they get the key if it wasn't bought? I guess they have some sort of "steam insider", huh?

That argument doesn't make much sense when that comes out about it.

Highly doubt it's stolen, they can't be upset just cause they aren't getting money on it.

Screw it, let's ban used cars and used books too!

Because they're physical copies?... There's no difference. It's a bad argument.

On topic, Mount & Blade: Warband is on sale. $6.79

Smasandian
It's completely different.

- keys are bought/stolen using stolen credit card information.
- they are then sold on G2A to customers.
- once the credit card charge back is filed, the seller of the game does not get any revenue from the initial purchase of the CD keys.

That's how it ****s up developers. They don't actually get the money because the sale was charge back. However, the customer still keeps the key. Or I have seen in some cases, the CD keys the customer purchases from G2A becomes obselete because it was attained by illegal means.

The sell of used games is completely different. Somebody bought the initial copy so the developer has received the money from that sale. With G2A, they don't get that sale.

ANDDDDD....trades in are not illegal! Stealing credit card information to buy goods is!

Jmanghan
It's completely different.

- keys are bought/stolen using stolen credit card information.
- they are then sold on G2A to customers.
- once the credit card charge back is filed, the seller of the game does not get any revenue from the initial purchase of the CD keys.

That's how it ****s up developers. They don't actually get the money because the sale was charge back. However, the customer still keeps the key. Or I have seen in some cases, the CD keys the customer purchases from G2A becomes obselete because it was attained by illegal means.

The sell of used games is completely different. Somebody bought the initial copy so the developer has received the money from that sale. With G2A, they don't get that sale.

ANDDDDD....trades in are not illegal! Stealing credit card information to buy goods is!

But thats not down to G2A, and I'm not just gonna stop shopping cheap just because there's a CHANCE it might not be legitimate.

I usually go with the ones that are legit, the ones with like 50k sales and such.

And it's just a grey market, not a black market, there's nothing wrong with G2A, but there is something wrong with some of the sellers, you can get scammed on ebay and amazon as well.

I think the difference is, Amazon and Ebay have better protection against such things, and its easier to get your hands on stolen game keys then selling something stolen online.

Regardless, I doubt I'm going to stop buying from them, unless I personally have a run-in with someone who is selling fraudulent keys.

A lot of this has to come down to someone's intelligence as well, it's pretty dumb to buy from someone who is selling something that has no reviews as opposed to buying something from someone who has 99% with over 100k sales.

I purposely went out of my way to purchase the legit ones, lowest price didn't matter to me, low-ER price did.

Spending an extra 20c on someone you know is gonna be legit is a good compromise.

Kazenji
There's a free Friday the 13th puzzle game on Steam, Control Jason and kill people.

BackFire
I purchased Dvinity Original Sin and Ghost recon Wildlands on sale last night. Divinity was like $10 bucks.

Smasandian
Ghost Recon Wildlands is an awesome game to play with friends. I went through the whole game with one and it was a blast.

The game became pretty damn good when we started to not completely go silent every mission/activity but tried some unique moves to complete them.

For instance, one mission near the end had us infiltrating this huge base to capture some dude (well...a lot of missions are like this). We died/failed numerous times so I got pretty fed up. I took a helicopter, my friend jumped into the back and I flew it and landed directly on top of the building he was in. My friend jumped out, killed a couple of guys and then kidnapped the dude. We flew off with him on board and completed the mission. It was great. It took 5 minutes. The game is rife with those types of possibilities and strange shit happens all the time.

We were chasing a car and when we went past a train intersection, we got destroyed by an incoming train. It was awesome and hilarious. The gameplay is this game is top notch. It's the other stuff like story/voice acting and character interactions that pretty lame. However, the game looks ****ing great and I love the weapon system in it. And the open world is ****ing huge.

BackFire
Is Wildlands any good solo? Probably will be playing through it alone.

Jmanghan
Gamestop is holding a retro games buy-2-get-1-free sale: https://www.gamestop.com/collection/retro-classics

Kazenji
The Steam summer sales are suppose to start this week.

Jmanghan
The Steam summer sales are suppose to start this week. Some tasty deals there. MMM!

Jmanghan
Free copy of this game for a limited time, dunno much about it, but it's received pretty good reviews: https://store.steampowered.com/app/63500/Swords_and_Soldiers_HD/

Kazenji
Free copy of this game for a limited time, dunno much about it, but it's received pretty good reviews: https://store.steampowered.com/app/63500/Swords_and_Soldiers_HD/

Do you use this place to find out about free games?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/

Jmanghan
Do you use this place to find out about free games?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/ No, usually the humble bundle, or steam itself. Though that seems pretty useful.

Impediment
Edited the thread title per request.

Kazenji
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is currently free on the Humble Bundle store.

cdtm
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is currently free on the Humble Bundle store.

Got it. Looks like I also have Dawn of War II, for some reason.

Not really worth the trouble.. Took me about an hour to remember Steam uses "sigs" to login, instead of email addresses. You know, like everyone else in the world does it. Just plain forgot, kept resetting the password, sent a support email...

I bet the game will be shit.

Kazenji
I'm sure that game will be shit for you....wink

I've played it on the 360 and i have liked it, Should be even better on the PC

yeah its a stupid setup with Humble Bundle to redeem the steam key, Having to login to the Steam Website, When most people use the app.

-Pr-
I love Space Marine, so I definitely recommend it.

For anyone on pc, here's the weekend's best deals:

https://www.neowin.net/news/weekend-pc-game-deals-humble-sales-and-action-packed-free-events-to-tackle

cdtm
Only ones that really look interesting to me are Jet Set Radio, Beat Hazard, and Quantum Cuntnumdrum.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
I love Space Marine, so I definitely recommend it.

Did Space Marine make enough in the sales?

would like to see a follow up to it

reading that there were plans for sequels before THQ closed up, It's all in Sega's court now if they want to do sequels.

cdtm
Haven't tried it yet, but from videos, I get a strong "Gears of War" vibe.

Which is fine, I liked Gears.

-Pr-
Did Space Marine make enough in the sales?

would like to see a follow up to it

reading that there were plans for sequels before THQ closed up, It's all in Sega's court now if they want to do sequels.

It sold over a million copies iirc, and I think if what had happened with THQ hadn't have happened, we would have gotten a sequel soon after.

Haven't tried it yet, but from videos, I get a strong "Gears of War" vibe.

Which is fine, I liked Gears.

It is somewhat Gearsish, but with one distinct difference: You don't use cover much if at all (there isn't even an "enter cover" button). This is intentional rather than bad design; you regain health by performing melee finishing moves on enemies.

And the melee combat is a LOT of fun imo.

cdtm
Vanquish is on sale.

If you're into third person shooters, I can't recommend that game highly enough.

cdtm
Lot of sales on Humble Store, including Activision.

Pacman Championship Edition 2 for 3 dollars looks enticing.

Tales of Symphonia is down to 5 dollars. But I have it for my Gamecube. Granted, it looks blurry as hell on a lcd, but is it worth rebuying the thing just to get sharper visuals..?

Kazenji

Tales of Symphonia is down to 5 dollars. But I have it for my Gamecube. Granted, it looks blurry as hell on a lcd, but is it worth rebuying the thing just to get sharper visuals..?

It did get a release on the PS3.

Kazenji
Humble Bundle is giving away Lego The Hobbit for free

beats paying for it in the Lego sales on Steam.

cdtm
Is that an older pre voice acting one?

It's free, so I'll get it regardless.

cdtm
All I see at the Humble Store is a sale. No free Hobbit.

Kazenji
All I see at the Humble Store is a sale. No free Hobbit.

Guess you missed out then.

Kazenji
Only problem with The Hobbit is it doesn't cover the third movie that was made, They did promise to release it as DLC when the game was released but that didn't happen

it does have a better open world then the Lego Lord of the Rings.

cdtm
Looks like Assassin's Creed Odyssey being given away to test Uplay streaming service. You have to play for an hour.

It's a free game, but it's also Assassin's Creed, so I dunno..

Smasandian
Odyssey is a great game.

It's a better version of Origins.

Surtur
I got some games during that Steam sale from late November. That's when I bought Lichdom Battlemage and Vampyr.

cdtm
Looks like an intel 620 hd is putting out 8 fps at opening cutscenenon Youtube videos. And then the crash.

Guess I won't be getting that free deal.

Jmanghan
Odyssey is a great game.

It's a better version of Origins. The combat looks worse.

Smasandian
No, it's significantly better. It's laughable if you believe the combat looks worse because that's far from the case.

There is far more ways to kill people in this game. You can have around 6-7 melee attacks under Warrior class. You have around the same amount of different types of ranged arrow attacks and I think 1-2 less for Assassination attacks. Each ability unlock includes three levels that increase damage stats and adds characteristics to them. For instance, level 3 in the passive damage range attack adds the ability to slow down time when in mid-air.

This doesn't include that the gear you get from downed enemies, chests and rewards have stats boosts that act very similar to how The Division/Destiny does gear so you have a chance to directly influence what type of play style you want.

In Origins, the higher level gear was always better. It didn't matter what other gear stats there was.

In Odyssey, higher level gear doesn't mean its better if its against the type of character you want. I have gear thats 5-6 levels below but it was a perfect drop for what I want.

Jmanghan
No, it's significantly better. It's laughable if you believe the combat looks worse because that's far from the case.

There is far more ways to kill people in this game. You can have around 6-7 melee attacks under Warrior class. You have around the same amount of different types of ranged arrow attacks and I think 1-2 less for Assassination attacks. Each ability unlock includes three levels that increase damage stats and adds characteristics to them. For instance, level 3 in the passive damage range attack adds the ability to slow down time when in mid-air.

This doesn't include that the gear you get from downed enemies, chests and rewards have stats boosts that act very similar to how The Division/Destiny does gear so you have a chance to directly influence what type of play style you want.

In Origins, the higher level gear was always better. It didn't matter what other gear stats there was.

In Odyssey, higher level gear doesn't mean its better if its against the type of character you want. I have gear thats 5-6 levels below but it was a perfect drop for what I want. All I saw was just the same spear lunge over and over.

BackFire

In Odyssey, higher level gear doesn't mean its better if its against the type of character you want. I have gear thats 5-6 levels below but it was a perfect drop for what I want.

I'm excited about Odyssey. Do you think the game as a whole is better than Origins? Because I really liked Origins.

Smasandian
Yes, I like it much better than Origins and I enjoyed Origins as well.

In my opinion, Odyssey is like Assassins Creed 2. It improves Origins formula in many different ways and adds gameplay elements that I didn't realize was needed.

Devs took Origins excellent open world mechanics, controls, combat and stealth system and added:

- a much better progression system with meaningful abilities (I found Origins progression to be a bit lacking)
- a conversation system similar to Mass Effect and etc. Not as in-depth but I have seen some choices I made change the outcome a little bit. It also helps with immersion a fair bit and brings the story more to life,
- a gear system that is FAR better than Origins. It's basically the loot system of Division.
- the quests are better.
- the story is equally as good.
- Greece looks better than Egypt.
- a in-depth ship combat like Black Flag and with its own progression system.
- a gameplay mechanic that I don't want to spoil but its a major part of the story and involves assassinations and investigationgs/clues.
- a mercenary system for bounties (like wanted stars in GTA) that utilizes a light version of Shadow of Mordor Nemesis system.
- looks amazing still.
- characters you meet are excellent.
- there is land battle mechanics where you can choose sides and fight small scale battles with 30ish NPCs on screen. gives great loot in some cases.
- huge world but feels small because there is a lot of water to traverse.

And....stealth, melee and range attacks have been improves (in my opinion). Great ****ing game and I'm starting to feels its better than RDR2 because its fun as hell and not a chore sometimes.

BackFire
That sounds great. Only red flag for me personally is the ship combat. I know I'm maybe in the minority but I never really liked that aspect of the games, is that a very large part of Odyssey or is it relegated more to optional content and the like?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BackFire
That sounds great. Only red flag for me personally is the ship combat. I know I'm maybe in the minority but I never really liked that aspect of the games, is that a very large part of Odyssey or is it relegated more to optional content and the like? Wow...

"In the minority" is right, I've never even heard of someone not liking the ship combat.

cdtm
That sounds great. Only red flag for me personally is the ship combat. I know I'm maybe in the minority but I never really liked that aspect of the games, is that a very large part of Odyssey or is it relegated more to optional content and the like?

It's no Pirates!!

Smasandian

Tough to say.

You don't need to partake in combat in most situations. You will need to sail to get to different islands but I believe you can outrun any pirates you come across.

Also, I don't believe I have come across story missions that require ship combat but I don't really remember. There is definitely side missions that have ship combat (including side mission storylines) and assassinations that involve ships.

But overall, you could probably get away with minimal amount of combat. The ship progression is entirely based on resources and not XP points. Sooo...I'm assuming the devs are smart enough to not have main missions involving ship combat. Or at least mid/end of questline. There might be a tutorial based mission at the start....

BackFire
Wow...

"In the minority" is right, I've never even heard of someone not liking the ship combat.

I don't hate them, in ACIII I enjoyed that aspect because it was a relatively minor minigame for sidequests. It was in Black Flag where I got tired of it. If it's not like a huge part of the game then it's fine.

Tough to say.

You don't need to partake in combat in most situations. You will need to sail to get to different islands but I believe you can outrun any pirates you come across.

Also, I don't believe I have come across story missions that require ship combat but I don't really remember. There is definitely side missions that have ship combat (including side mission storylines) and assassinations that involve ships.

But overall, you could probably get away with minimal amount of combat. The ship progression is entirely based on resources and not XP points. Sooo...I'm assuming the devs are smart enough to not have main missions involving ship combat. Or at least mid/end of questline. There might be a tutorial based mission at the start....

Alright well that's fine then, thanks.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>