Valenthyne Farfalla vs. Ahsoka Tano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Farfalla is unamped. Battle takes place on Lothal. Who wins?

Fated Xtasy
I'd say that Farfalla's Force stasis gives him a pretty good edge. Hmm yet Ahsokas TK is far more developed. Idk I'm undecided.

|King Joker|
His Force stasis is something to consider. I myself don't know how that would work on Ahsoka.

carthage
Ahsoka takes sabers, not sure who wins an all out. Probably Ahsoka given Farfalla isn't much unamped

|King Joker|
That's what I'm thinking as well.

Q99
I'd go with Farfalla. Sure, he's not a beast by later standards, but he's a famed warrior know as having solid sabers (described as 'elegant and clean') and good force.

He's not up to getting into melee with Bane (seems to me like a lack of physical strength is likely his problem), but not that many are, and he's not a joke like Johun Othone.

The ability to rapidly and easily toss up force barriers is quite good too.

So I'd go fairly solidly to Farfalla.

Trocity
Could go either way

carthage
Yeah, his "reputation" > Ahsokas better feats with a saber lol. The only area he might have advantage in is force power, but he was amped for his showing with stasis so it's hard to tell if he can replicate it.

Q99
Even in his actual duel, the big problem was that Bane kept knocking his sword from his hand. Tano's not likely to be able to pull that trick smile

|King Joker|
She wouldn't need to knock his saber from his hand, she's a more skilled duelist and could likely defeat him outright in a lightsaber duel.

For me it's just Farfalla's Force barriers and stasis that's the tricky part.

Nephthys
I'm not sure I'd agree that she's a more skilled duelist, his form was supposedly perfect.

|King Joker|
Quote?

Emperordmb

Trocity
Being technically skilled doesn't translate always into being a great duelist.

Boxing/MMA coaches being a great example. Some of the greatest coaches of fundamentals and technique had poor records when they themselves fought.

|King Joker|
What Trocity said.

Nephthys
I didn't say he was better, just more or as skilled. But what reason makes you think he could be more skilled than her but lesser in combat? He has more experience than her against other force users, is likely more or as powerful than her and is physically superior as an adult and arguably as a man. He also likely has more training than she does in combat skills. Coaches make poor fighters because they're not in as good shape as actual boxers, but all Jedi are in peak fitness and are enhanced by the Force. It's not a comparable situation.

It's not as if he's a noob, there's a reason he went to fight Bane. He's likely one of the best Jedi of his era.

Emperordmb
It's confirmed that the leadership of the Army of the Light was composed of the greatest of the Jedi Lords.

Plus, he processed and reacted to Raskta's warning about Bane's handle in a fraction of a second midstrike, so it's not like he's just some guy with only technique but no adaptability in actual combat.

Nephthys
Exactly. Farfalla isn't some teacher who lacks real combat ability, he was one of the leaders and front-line fighters in actual war against Sith.

Q99
Originally posted by Trocity
Being technically skilled doesn't translate always into being a great duelist.

Boxing/MMA coaches being a great example. Some of the greatest coaches of fundamentals and technique had poor records when they themselves fought.

Sure, but that's often due to stuff like not being as strong, fast, or other physical advantages.

In this case, it's pretty clear that Farfella simply didn't have the strength. It's like a mediumweight vs a superheavy weight. He could get his sword in the way, but physically could not handle Bane's blows.

He lacks the power to be a contender, but still has skill... and here he's facing someone who can't overpower him.

Like, if he was in the CW era, he'd still be a respected warrior, more so than, say, Even Piell, but outmatched by the fighter types on the council.

Originally posted by Emperordmb

Plus, he processed and reacted to Raskta's warning about Bane's handle in a fraction of a second midstrike, so it's not like he's just some guy with only technique but no adaptability in actual combat.

Right. He's got quick reflexes and knows how to react.

carthage
She held her own against Grievous and fought well against Barriss, either of ten are superior duelists to featless losers like Kopesh. He doesn't have any feats to suggest he can beat her in a duel other than hype, and without his BM amp there is no proof he can use stasis as easily. Also lol @ being at the front lines of a war/battle at being a substitute for dueling feats, by that logic Coleman Trebor should be able to stack up against others because of "fighting actual opponents"

|King Joker|
Farfalla may be just as skilled than her, I'll concede to that, but since when did Ahsoka's lack of experience translate to her combat prowess? Fresh out of the Temple she defeated three MagnaGuards and a few weeks later she was throwing down with Ventress and Grievous. She's held her own against far more experienced fighters, and being trained by Anakin friggin Skywalker means she devoted **** tons of time training just for the somewhat off chance she may face another Force wielder. Practicing for hours all the time to perfect her form and technique.

Obviously her experience pales in comparison to Farfalla's, but that's not the point.

And lol @ Farfalla being stronger because he's an adult male. She's fought fvcking Trandoshans and General Grievous, his supposed strength advantage would be negligible at best, assuming there was one.

And his reaction time and reflexes was noted in the passage to be amped by Worror's BM.

"It had been many years since Farfalla had fought while empowered by Worror's battle meditation. He had forgotten how much quicker and stronger the Ithorian's amazing talent made him feel. The Force flowed through him with greater power, filling him with its might. Yet even with their enhanced abilities, he wondered if they would survive the coming battle."

"Bane never stopped, his momentum carrying him straight toward Farfalla. The Jedi Master had a moment to register the strange armor coat of hard, shiny shells he wore beneath his clothes. Then he, too, leapt to the side to avoid being crushed, surviving only because his reflexes were heightened by Worror's power."

carthage
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.